The Sky Kingdom Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I thanked the man as he left me with some privacy. I slowly pressed the buttons down one after the other to create my note.

'Lady Scarlett is alive. She remains hidden for her protection.'

A string of paper appeared, out the side of the contraption, containing my message. I coiled it up and slipped it into the brass casing. I went back to the man and handed over the brass tube.

"Where would you like the message delivered?"

"To the Duke of Ravias estate on Akana Island," I replied and was surprised by how non-plussed the man seemed. Having handed over the exorbitant price of three gold pieces and arranged that I would return to the shop to check for responses, I rushed back to find Scarlett.

I started looking along the line of shops to see if I could find which one she was in but soon noticed her looking forlorn as she sat on the steps of a fountain with her head buried in her hands. As I approached, I saw tears running down her cheeks, and I sidled to her side and sat down as I pulled her into me.

"Are you ok?"

"Master, it was awful!" she wailed.

"What happened?" I asked with concern.

"I went into that shop," she replied while pointing to the grandest looking of them, "the ladies seemed nice, and when I told them I needed a dress and showed them the coins, they seemed happy to help. But when they asked me to remove my top for measuring, they saw my slave tattoos," She finished as she burst into tears.

"So, they refused to serve you?"

"They laughed at me, Master. They told me I was little more than trash and didn't deserve to be allowed to stand in their presence. I ran away before they could do anything, but they scared me!"

I felt seething anger at how people treated slaves, and Scarlett was just a person like them. I eyed up an equally grand-looking shop and took Scarlett's hand as I pulled her up.

"Why don't I see what I can do to get you the treatment you deserve?" I said as I took her hand and led her over.

As we entered, a group of attractive young women approached, "Sir, how can we be of assistance?"

"It is your Highness," I replied haughtily, wanting to make a point.

"Sorry, your Highness," the lead clerk quickly rushed out as they all gave each other bemused looks.

"My Royal Concubine here needs pampering, and I am looking to spend an obscene amount of money. I'll also need to set up an account for future purchases while I study in the city," I said with as much authority as I could muster.

"When you say obscene...," an older woman began as she came from the back of the shop. I took a couple of the larger gold pouches from my belt and dropped them onto the counter as her eyes lit up.

"I mean an obscene amount of money...and she better feel like a Princess," I finished as I looked back at a bewildered Scarlett while the matriarch snapped her fingers.

***********************************

I hope you enjoyed this instalment. Please rate and review! Comments, good and bad, are excellent motivators and help me better understand the reader's feelings about the story's direction.