The Sky Kingdom Ch. 23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The world slowed while Scarlett let out her almighty scream and cradled my head in her arms. I should have been worrying about myself, but I saw the men drawing swords while the Captain tried in earnest to move to protect us despite his recent injury.

I could only think of protecting Scarlett and Emily at that moment, and I tried to lift my arm to launch more fire, but it didn't want to move. I drew next on my healing magic but quickly realised that my inexperience had left me with just a trickle to draw on, and it wasn't like I could use it on myself.

I internally berated myself for not harnessing a skill considered the most dangerous and powerful magic for a reason. While the inevitable was approaching, I used the last of my adrenaline to focus my mind and harness the tendrils of what healing magic remained to reach out until I could sense the heartbeats of those around me. I honed in on the threatening men before us as they approached our party with menacing intent.

Focusing on the leader, I felt the flow of life around his body. I held onto the image of a bottle stopper and shoved it into the flow to block it. I was beyond surprised when he slumped unconscious, bringing his companions to an immediate halt. Feeling the instant drain on the limited magic I held, I drew the last part and desperately fired the same effect into the two other men but focussed on their heads this time. The result was immediate, and they both collapsed, in the same manner, crumpling to the forest floor. My victory was short-lived as a wave of darkness hit me, and I slipped unconscious.

"Harry, speak to me!" I heard Scarlett cry as my senses slowly returned. I wasn't sure how much time had passed, but I found myself still cradled in her shaking arms.

"Someone help, please help," she wailed, but I could barely determine what was happening around me.

I felt my remaining energy draining away, and I looked down to see my pristine tabard untouched, knowing that the bolts in my back had struck true.

An ashen-faced Captain Grey came into view. He knelt on my other side, and I didn't hear what he was saying, but he looked down worried, and I heard Scarlett cry out in pain. A distraught Emily appeared beside her, unsure what to do, with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Harry, please, I need you. We need you." Scarlett spoke into my ear.

I tried to find the words I had held back from saying for too long, but I found myself unable to utter them.

"Please, Harry, you can't leave me alone. You are my world. You are my everything." She whispered in a panicked but clear voice, "I never thought I'd ever know what it felt like. But I need you to know that-that...I love you." She finished by holding my head against her chest as she began to wretch in sobs while I tried to meet her eyes.

I felt another presence beside me as the calming and serene Emily joined and took my hand, tears streaming and looking lost.

I realised I had one last chance to communicate, and with all my strength, I pushed every feeling of love I could manage into my bond with Scarlett.

I saw her recoil in shock at the feelings, and she leaned back to look me in the face.

"I hear you, Master. We'll always be yours." She finished with a whisper as she took Emily's hand before leaning down to kiss me on the lips.

At that moment, a wash of cold serenity flooded through my body, and the pain washed away.

*************************************************************************************

I hope you enjoyed this latest chapter. Please rate and review!

Comments, good or bad, are excellent motivators and help me better understand the reader's feelings about the story's direction.

Please do feel free to send private feedback and I am always happy to respond.