The Sun I Can't See Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"... Mary!? I thought I remembered those eyes from somewhere... But... Why did you do that?"

"Why? Because, if you ever hurt her again, there won't be a third chance. And I would bite your face off. Come, she is waiting for you over there."

"Wait... Did... did she ask you to do this? To test me?"

"Don't be dumb, Miles... You know she would never ask me to do such a thing. It was my own initiative because I don't care about you that much... And if you tell her, I swear, I'll dismember you. Grab my harness. I'll lead you to her."

***

"Guys, here is the human male."

"Miiiles! Geez guys, it took you long enough."

"Hey, Miles! Come sit! Oh, wait! Before... look!"

I quickly got off my seat, stood up and twirled around to show him my new outfit, adding some extra hips motions.

"A... Alex?... Is that you!? You look... incredible!"

"Haha! I know, right! Come sit next to me."

"Sure. And, hi Mei."

"Hello, Miles. Hey, Mary, where did you get that drink from? You don't even have money."

"The bar... I'll tell you later, Mei."

"Mary, come here. Sit!"

"Arf!"

I didn't mind sitting very close to Miles right away, but I also wanted my sister at my side as a supportive presence.

For the next two hours, we chatted about random things, fun stuff, and we never discussed what had happened between Miles and me. Everybody was on the same page; we were here, among friends, and it was the best way to heal from the past.

At first, Miles was not too sure what to expect; he didn't know Mei and Mary would be here with me tonight, but he managed to relax over time, understanding that we were not trying to work on his case. We were ready to accept him as he was and not search for trouble or targets to moralize him.

That said, he was pretty quiet as he has always been. He preferred watching rather than getting too involved. But it was a bit different this time; he didn't just observe us while fantasizing about girl-on-girl action. He was doing it more to understand us, to understand me and what I was doing here. The types of questions he asked were quite different from what I heard from him before. It wasn't perfect, but he was undoubtedly trying.

On my side, I was happy. Before coming here, it was clear that it wouldn't mean Miles and I were back together, no matter what would happen between us tonight. This stand was taking a weight off my shoulders. Over the next few weeks, we would do more of those friendly events, and I would be able to see how he would behave and how patient he would be with me. I would make sure to let him know, though, so he wouldn't start worrying that he was doing something wrong or that I was just playing with him.

That aside, it was still great to be close to him again, feel his presence and his heartbeat, his warmth. And this fox mask I was wearing was also great. I couldn't see his face, so it was only fair that he couldn't see mine. Perhaps this would help us understand each other better.

Then, toward the end of the evening, Mei decided to give Miles and I some alone time. I knew this would happen eventually, but it was okay. They bought me enough time as it was.

"Hey, Mary. Let's go for a walk. I need to stretch my legs. Want to go take a look in the play area?"

"ARF!"

"Hehe... Alex, I'm borrowing your dog. If she causes trouble, it is still your fault."

"Haha, no problem! Mary, if you misbehave, I'll give you a nasty spanking!"

"Rrrf! Whatever!"

My dog definitely had an attitude problem, but I loved her so much. They walked away and left me alone with Miles. The music was now soft and slow, soothing. For a long moment, I just stayed there, leaning against him, thinking about what Mei asked me to do if things went well tonight. And things went well... so...

"Miles... It is a great night."

"I know, Squeaky... I... Oh... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call you that..."

"It's alright... I always thought that nickname was cute."

"It's fitting. You are very cute."

"How are you feeling?"

"Mmm... at peace... I was so nervous at first... but I appreciated the way you guys treated me. I probably didn't deserve it."

"I'm happy, Miles... But I'm not ready... This will take time."

"I know... I know. Don't worry about it. Love is one thing, and time is another. I'm just glad you are giving me the latter."

"I want to do something... No, I need to do something."

"Something?"

"Yes, something meaningful... Don't move, okay?"

"Sure..."

I stood up and carefully straddled Miles, placing one knee on each side of his hids. Now that I was facing him and sitting comfortably on his lap, I brought my hands to his face.

"Let me look at you..."

This time I had no gloves... my extremely sensitive fingertips constructed a mental impression of his face. I had missed it. I didn't know what it was for sighted people, but for me, if I didn't touch someone's face for too long, I tended to forget what it was like.

"Miles... I want you to tell me what I look like."

"With this mask? Like a beautiful fox."

"I'll take my mask off... Then tell me what you see, okay? This is very important to me."

"Sure... You are mysterious."

His strong hands, unconsciously wrapped around my waist, made me feel safe. I demanded honesty from him... and I also needed to be honest. Things would never work between the two of us if we were not fully open with each other.

I reached my mask and slowly pulled it off my head, revealing my true identity... a girl... a simple normal girl. I place the mask aside on the velvety seat.

"You are as pretty as ever... I missed that face."

I placed a finger on his lips.

"Shhh... That's not it... Look..."

I slowly cracked my eyelids open... unveiling my soul to him. When I did the same with Mei at the store, it didn't have this meaning. This time, with Miles, it meant everything.

"Miles... Tell me what you see now..."

"I see big beautiful silver eyes... They are like little mirrors... I've never seen eyes like this before."

"... Try again..."

No, this time, it was not about my physical appearance. Miles knew that very well.

"Mmm... Try again? Okay... deja-vu."

"Hehe... yes... Like the first time we've met at the park."

"I see a gentle soul that has gone through many hurdles to get where she is... I see a strong-willed person who built a life for herself and is now sharing it with her precious friends and family. I see a person that I hurt, and that didn't deserve it. In her mirror eyes, I see myself and my mistakes."

"No... You are too harsh with yourself... What you see in my eyes is not a reflection... It's a projection from my soul. I'm thinking about you, Miles... and I wish we can learn about each other some more... In the upcoming weeks... months... perhaps years."

"I would like that very much, Alex.

I closed my eyes and leaned forward to press my lips on his, innocently, just because it was the right thing to do.

"Miles... I would like you to become my Sun..."

"Your Sun...?"

"Yes... I don't know what the Sun is, really, but I know it's very warm. I feel it on my skin sometimes when I go to the park... It's powerful and makes me feel good... But I don't know what it is... because I can't touch it... I can touch everything... I can touch my friends, my family... I can touch you, your pretty face... I know what everything around is like just by touching it... But I can't touch the Sun..."

"Alex..."

"I need its warmth... I need its comforting presence... I need its powerful love... I want to be able to touch it... so I can learn what it is..."

"..."

I rested the side of my face on his chest. I wanted to listen to his heartbeat as I was telling him this...

"Miles! I want you to become my Sun... The Sun I can't see!"

The End