The Surprise Visit Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Just take it. Just in case ok. It already has my emergency number programed into it, just stick it in your bag incase ok."

Ron seemed genuinely concerned. And when he said we have you, it reminded me of the way Brad would say "I have you baby, whenever he was trying to really comfort me. I almost expected him to say he promised Brad to watch out for me, but he didn't. I did as he asked and stuffed the phone in my makeup bag and gave him a thank you hug.

"Hey there beautiful, you ready to go?" Nick called out as he came down the stairs behind me.

I felt a little weird having him say that in front of Ron but it did feel good to hear.

"Uh, yeah, I guess." I responded.

Kim politely hugged me when she got to the bottom of the stairs, as if to reassure me. She could tell I was still on the fence about my decision and was trying to put me at ease. The ride to the airport only took a few minutes. We were in the plane and taxiing down the runway as the sun was just starting to rise above the horizon. It was going to be a little over seven hours later before we touched down and a little more than sixty degrees colder. Brad and I had talked about going skiing in Colorado once, but we never got around to doing it. I started to feel the tears welling up as I thought about him again and started to regret leaving the island without him.

I tried not to show my tears, but Nick saw right away and reached over to grab my hand. I was thankful he was there to offer his support and squeezed his hand to let him know. I took the headphones Kim was offering as I waited for the painful memory to pass. Maybe watching a movie would distract my mind for a few minutes and offer me some relief.

No sooner had we reached altitude when the movie began, and I subsequently fell asleep. I hadn't gotten much sleep the last few weeks and I was just worn out. When I came to again the movie was over and Kim was handing me a plate of food. The three of us talked about renting a few snowmobiles and exploring the mountains around the resort while we shared some cheese and crackers. We agreed the first thing we needed to do was get a few hot toddies and sit around a fire in the freezing snow. The idea of someplace completely opposite the islands appealed to me. I wanted to feel the cold on my face and warmth on my hands as I tried to fend of the freezing cold. I wanted to get drunk and try to forget.