The Twins Weave Book 02 Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He is also the most powerful, then Neivia and Mazarine." Abi says looking around the room, "I'm the ugh, least powerful now."

"What!?" Cassandra looks over at Abi, she doesn't seem as upset as she would imagine her daughter to be.

"Your previous power takes up space, diminishing what you can pull in from all around us. Think of it like a cup, if it is half full of water, you can only add so much wine to it." Abi sighs. "Neivia and Mazarine have the smallest reserves, then Nora, Cat, Cassandra, and Denae.

"But you still do things nobody else can do," Cat says.

"James was overwhelming me within minutes of returning home, he just doesn't do it because he feels it's a violation of privacy. If you practice, you would be able to do it now that you've come into your own Cat, especially with Bella and Florian's people."

Cat shakes her head and looks over at Nora, "I don't think she understands Nora, it wasn't the number of people that was the problem, it's sorting out all of the noise that comes with it." Nora nods in agreement with Cat continuing, "I could reach out to everyone in the room and would then understand, none of them."

"Even with all of this, Nora motions up and down her body, "I can do things I couldn't before, but the divination into others hasn't suddenly doubled or tripled in clarity. I feel no difference at all in the control of it."

"Oh? I, well, anyway I can work with you on skimming and isolation; and you should listen to me when I tell you to read James all day, a few weeks of that and you'll find others to be child's play."

"It seems wrong." Cat replies.

'James, I'm going to have them practice reading your mind for a few days, it should help them learn how to double what they can do now.' Abi sends the group.

'Sure.' I reply as Neivia and I watch three groups standing around as one evoker takes on three attackers.

"There are a few rules," Abi says looking around the room making sure everyone is paying attention. "You heard what I told him earlier, no pushing him in a direction he hasn't figured out himself unless an emergency. Keep the chatter to the same levels we do now, when in doubt ask us first. We'll overwhelm him if you ask questions about everything you see, and you'll see a lot, he remembers literally everything he's ever seen, and he thinks in images."

"For those that haven't done divination before, most people work out their ideas using conversations with themselves, going through various scenarios, they also remember in sound, smell, feel, touch.." James will remember a conversation visually as if it was happening at that moment, every detail as if you were in the room looking through his eyes and listening with his ears. He can stop the memory and look around the room if there is say a book on a shelf he wanted to remember, I've never met anyone that does anything even close to that, I can't do anything like that."

"I'm not sure I want to even look," Cassandra says. "And don't be too mad at me, once you see." She looks around stricken at what they will probably find out about her.

Abi laughs, "Trust me mother, if you spent any time inside of James' head and saw what he thought of you, we'd never be able to pry you away from him. Really, most of you are going to have to calm yourselves down or we'll wear him down to the bone. It is also one of the reasons why I said not to chat him up every time you see something."

"Be more than careful," Serena says to the room. "He is such a good man, takes care of you as I've never seen before, and apparently has no privacy. I wouldn't mess with what you have as finding that again is probably impossible."

"Yes, Nana." Cat says immediately.

"It might not be my say, but practicing on the man you love, could have mistake consequences you wouldn't face by practicing on strangers. You might want to be very, very, careful." Serena's serious look then changes to a smile. "But, if you do this anyway, I'd like to see what he saw when we were dancing," causing everyone in the room to laugh.

The Arena

"This is nothing like I'd imagine it would be? Dirt, walls and almost no seats?" I say to Harold as we watch a tiny man take on three other guys and like the others it only lasted a few moments before he was down.

"Nobody but the royal families get to watch, and with the spells going off things get damaged to the point it doesn't make sense to make it pretty."

"Why are you teaching today?" I ask watching skeptically as the next guy comes onto the field. The other three never left.

"Old champions coming in, they are used to fighting by themselves, this gives them a quick loss before we put them on a team. Before we did this, most hung onto the solo mindset for too long, causing issues with team building." Harold shrugs, "Not the best method, but it works."

"What would you like us to do?" I ask and Harold looks at Neivia.

"You sure you want to join him? I still miss you from our time in mothers room practicing, I could get you a better partner?" Harold smiles at Neivia.

"Thanks, but I'm stuck with him for now. Two on three?" She looks at the three on the field?

"Not them, they don't have enough left for you two. He motions for another set to come out.

"Those three mostly.." Harold starts and I wave him off.

"Don't, they have no idea what we are going to do, wouldn't be fair to know what they can do beforehand." I cut him off and he nods.

"They have rings?" I ask and he nods.

"Not like yours, though they are all wealthy enough to get the best there is out there once they found out it was no longer illegal to have them. No more arena rules, right."

"Fight until the wards wear out, do they have someone that can charge their rings as they fight?" I ask and Harold shakes his head. "Not yet, but I don't expect their reserves to last that long."

Walking onto the fields with Neivia, "What do you recommend?" asking my former trainer to see where she wanted to go with this.

"I'll pull them together, you shatter them, should get them all at once." She whispers back.

"Hands up when the wards are done! Ready, Go." Harold says barely above regular conversation.

We can see them mumbling and starting to cast when Neivia relocates the two on the edges directly next to the middle older guy and then I create the shatter and, it unravels. I try again and then try scorching ray as it's instant and can still hit all three and that doesn't work either.

Watching them cast, we're hit with fireball, lighting and thunderclap that doesn't hurt other than the concussion of force. We are done in just a few seconds.

"What happened?" Neivia turns to me.

"I think I'm bound," I reply. "Good job, stand there for a moment, I want to try something." I say to the three and they look to Harold who nods and then looks over at me.

"What's going on?" He asks and I shake my head at him.

"Magic Missile, Ray of Frost, River Knife," I whisper to Neivia as I cast them and nothing happens. I then portal them over to stand next to Harold and it works. "Well, that sucks."

"Am I affected?" Neivia asks.

"Don't think so, Mom cast, oh, wait it was life and death." I move the three back to their original spot. "She's going to try Magic Missile on you, shouldn't take much out of your ward."

"Neivia looks at them for a moment and six glowing darts come out heading for the middle guy."

'Thanks!" I say as it is totally silent.

Walking over to Harold, he asks again, "What's going on?"

I pull him into a group chat, 'Don't want this getting out, I don't have enough human magic in me to cast offensive spells if not in danger.'

'That makes sense." Tahareesa replies.

"I'd take your amount of power available over being able to practice." Harold says in encouragement.

"Thanks, man." I reply to Harold and then go back to the group, 'Tahareesa, what are the downsides of this?'

'None, really, you can't blast rude people, is about it.' She replies. 'You can practice, just not against the living.'

"All righty then, I guess that's it for me today, anyone else want to come out here and get some time in?'

'Too busy helping Serena, come on back.'

*Thank you so much for making it this far, what are your thoughts on Kae's Elvish restrictions, I think its a good thing he hadn't noticed until now.

12