The Weekend Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You drive carefully when you leave in the morning," Lola said quietly. Their foreheads rested against each other, gazing quietly. Tears welled up in Lolas eyes and a single drop spilled from her perfect lashes and ran down her face. Barny, with his hand on her face, wiped away the stray tear with his thumb.

"As you wish," he replied quietly. She looked into his eyes; she knew what he was saying.

"That's twice you've said that today, "She said with a slight laugh that almost turned into a cry. "What's it from?" Barny looked at her with vacant eyes, trying to be all innocent and that he was not ripping lines off from a movie. She shrugged his shoulders, kissed her again and stepped back letting her slide into the driver's seat of her car. They held hands for a few seconds before Barny stepped back and closed the door. Lola started the engine and dropped the window.

"I'll message you when I get home." She said and with that tried to leave before he saw her cry.

"Wait just one minute." Barny said and ran to the cottage, letting himself in and returning quickly with his flannel shirt. "For tonight." he said, passing it thought the window and leaning in to give her one last soft and lingering kiss.

She drove a few streets away before finding a safe place to stop. Her tears now flowing freely from her eyes and she cried a few minutes, cuddling the flannel shirt before continuing her journey.

Lola messaged Barny when she'd collected the kids and got them back home; it was late by the time she got home and with her children back doing their thing in their rooms, they messaged back and forth for a number of hours. Barny too had had a little moment to himself after Lola drove away; he knew she was upset, he also knew that she knew he was upset too. Their messages for the evening were sweet and loving, they talked about their normal stuff and about their amazing weekend; he could sense a sadness in some of her messages, she was already missing him and he was already missing her. It was in the early hours that they said their good nights over text message; the last couple of nights had been face to face and the sadness built in them both.

With the phone down, Barny got into bed alone and lay, thinking of his Lola and knowing that she was also lonely in her bed. He couldn't sleep and knew that in the morning he would be driving home, in Monday traffic, exhausted from a night of no sleep until he eventually decided to pack up and drive home through the night.

It was 7am and Barny had pulled his mini outside of his house and turned off the engine. At the same time, Lolas car pulled up outside the now deserted cottage; his car was gone, he'd left already and she had missed him. She took out her phone and frantically dialled his number. The phone rang in Barny's car as he sat about to brave the empty house awaiting him.

"You left early?" Lola asked as Barny answered the phone. "How far have you gone?"

"I couldn't sleep," Barny replied. "So I left in the night and I've just pulled up outside my place. Why? Where are you?"

"I'm at the cottage," Lola spilled, "I had to see you, I had to tell you something!" He could hear the panic and upset in her voice.

"What was it? What did you have to tell me?" he asked. "Tell me now."

"I can't," she said, her voice breaking as she started to sob down the phone. "I can't say this over the phone, I'm sorry."

"Really? What can't you tell me over the phone?"

"I... I..." she stuttered and stopped. "I can't say over the phone." Barny sat quiet, he could hear her softly crying in her car hundreds of miles away; the sounds making him choke up. He was so far away from her, again, and so wanted to be with her right now to comfort her.

"Meet me in the car park tonight" he said. "I'm on my way."

"What?"

"Tonight. Same time, same place as Friday. Be there." he said and put down his phone. He started the engine to his car and turned in the street. Hundreds of miles away, Lola sat in her car drying her eyes. She knew that nothing would stop him from coming back, he was stubborn, as much as she thought this was complete and utter madness, he would come and she wanted him to. He had a long drive ahead of him; but he had a feeling this was going to be more than worth it.

*

For 'Lola' - You inspired me. You still inspire me.

12