The Whole Nine Yards Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We may have to put off our charity Airborne jump until next Spring." said Ellen Brooks. "The Army is willing to work with us to make it happen, especially with Dr. Cordell and General McFarland pulling strings, but the Army can't get it done for a few months."

"At least they're going to help us do it." I replied.

"What's this 'us' business?" Cindy Ross immediately replied. "You're going to be watching from the ground, buster." I shrugged my shoulders in helpless acquiescence.

"Chief Cordell was happy to hear about the delay." said Kevin Randolph. "He's going to train and get in shape, and make the jump with us."

"He's entitled to." said Teresa Croyle.

"And he needs to." I replied. "He's not even a five-jump-chump graduate of Airborne School. He has a grand total of ONE jump. Granted, it was a combat jump, and he absolutely earned those Wings..."

"That's right, young whippersnapper!" Dr. Cordell himself said as he and Zoe Singer came up to us from inside. "My wings have that little star on the shroud." That star meant he had a combat jump. Dr. Cordell then said "I'm looking forward to doubling my number of jumps."

"I have a question, Commander Troy." said Ellen Brooks. "I was told you had 17 jumps. Why aren't you wearing the Senior Parachutist Badge?" The Senior Parachutist Badge was Airborne Wings with a star on the top of the canopy in the middle. The Master Parachutist Badge, colloquially called 'Master Blaster', was Airborne Wings with the star encircled by a wreath.

I replied: "I had the jumps at the time, though it's a minimum of 30 jumps now. But I never went to Jumpmaster School. If I'd stayed in the Reserves, I probably could've gotten to go. Alas..." Jumpmaster School, where one qualifies to be a Jumpmaster that gets the Paratroopers out of the airplane by the time-honored process, is formally called the Advanced Airborne Course.

Dr. Cordell said. "Water under the bridge, Mr. Crowbar. And by the way, Ms. Croyle, you'd better get your ass in shape, too. You're going to jump with us!"

Teresa looked stunned for a second, then said "I'll be right behind you, sir."

"No, you'll be in front of him." I said. "You'll be first in line, standing in the door." Dr. Cordell chuckled.

"Have a seat with us, sir, ma'am." said Teresa.

"We're not staying." said Dr. Cordell. "We just stopped by to say congratulations."

"And we have not earned seats at this table." Zoe Singer added. After more congratulations and goodbyes, they went back inside.

"I'm just glad we didn't have any protests at the ceremony." Teresa said. "Was that just a red herring by Bettina, to make us scramble and have to wear armor?"

"I suspect..." I said, "... that it was Bettina and KXTC trying to gin up something with the Social Justice groups, but then nobody attended the party. I also heard that T-Square put out the word to let things be for a while, that everyone... and by that he meant the Black Community... needs a break."

"Maybe it's over, then?" Cindy asked hopefully.

"Until the Breonna Bryant trial." I said. "Until then..."

Finis.