All Comments on 'The Workplace Predicament'

by RachaelGerk

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A Simple Story, but with a Good Message

I liked how the heroine's encounter with a man who could have been an exploitive pig actually served to increase her self-respect, which after the descriptions of her habitual meaningless sexual encounters was obviously pretty low before. It would be nice to continue this and go into how this experience affects her life and loves. Of course, one wonders whether her relationship with her boss goes anywhere, but that isn't the main thing.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Congratulations on a good first effort

Your story reminded me that most sane people have some need to be loved and if not loved, to at least be appreciated and respected by someone. She found someone who could give her at least a glimpse of appreciation and that was just what she needed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Love, Self Respect, and Pride?

this story is about none of that; it's about fleeting physical and bodily pursuits to numb a person sense of hopelessness, monotony, and daily grind!

self-respect and pride may be found only when a person has caltivated within herself in personal maturation, or has earned them via hard work,,, in, say, having accomplished some set goals, etc.

a young woman, starting out in the work force, exchanging bodily fluids with the boss and hearing him compliment you: "Oh, honey, you look so good, I'm gonna eat you instead of breakfast,,,"

that's simple SEX; it has nothing to do with self awareness, maturity, pride, or any such things! I'm not saying pure sex and the bliss --- fleeting but great bliss -- that comes with it is "bad"; who cares, if sex makes them happy, when the world is so painful sometimes.

just don't confuse hormonal-induced sensations and sexual cliches (which most women like to hear, I hear), which are fleeting --- though can be habitually attained; any addiction is by definition constantly repeated, like reading Erotica, for example!), etc. --- with love, self respect, pride, etc!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
needs more direction

I liked the premise of the story and the sexual descriptions,for the most part, were enjoyable but it seemed to jump around a lot. At first I thought she dreaded the thought of sex with him, then she was all for it and had in fact been wanting it. Then she was going to leave in a huff but, the next moment was kissing him passionately. And, wasn't this in the catagory of mature? If so, there was no real mention of the older person in this relationship. With just a little more work, it would be top notch!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
i agree w/'needs more direction' comment

they totally nailed it.

good, but needs some work. totally threw me off how she at first DIDN'T want her boss, but then, suddenly DID. ??? plus, all the other stuff the commenter said.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous