All Comments on 'The Writing Of - A Family Ritual'

by EmilyMiller

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
dmallorddmallord2 months ago

I didn't rate this. I see no point. It seems way over my head with a rationale that now blemishes the original story. From my perspective, this is 'overthinking' on steroids, although I rated the story itself as 5*.

This tells readers how they should have perceived the story - as if they missed your insight into your how and why.

Tail_GunnerTail_Gunner2 months ago

Love the fact that you felt the need to put this 'out there'. You obviously take the writing process both seriously and catharthic ( sp )

... i haven't read your other work, but will certainly do so. ... I have always felt that 'good writing is good writing regardless of genre.' ... keep up the good work!

... Take Care, Stay Safe Levi Coldwater

Tail_GunnerTail_Gunner2 months ago

Emily ...

That was spoken too soon! ... Actually I have read a good bit of your stuff. Really good work.

look forward to seeing more in the future.

Levi

djripdjrip2 months ago

No, no, Emily, it's the mom who sits in the son's lap. Consider the relevant anatomical arrangements.

The story was thought provoking for all the reasons you describe. But it felt, with the afterward and with this, like you really didn't want to write an incest story, like you're struggling to rationalize it... You don't have to write incest if it bothers you! But you've done it with your usual combination of fun sex and genuine emotion, with a drizzle of dark realism. (That thoughtful enough for ya?)

Campus77Campus772 months ago

I read the story and I understand how you directed the reader to interpret the who, what and whys. Your thought process seems good to me and I have read a number of your stories already. I'll keep in mind what you put into this explanation while I read more.

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller2 months agoAuthor

@everyone - reading too much into this, just meant to be a StillStunned behind the scenes view Emily

PadTyPadTy2 months ago

Again, appreciate the analytical approach! Always interested in the process of the author/creator.

jehoramjehoram2 months ago

I'll comment further on this in the thread you started about "What I Wrote..." but right now I'll compliment you on the insight that motivated the story. It shows the reader a lot of what writers go through as they craft their stories.

Paul_ChancePaul_Chance2 months ago

A well done little essay. It's nice to get a peek inside your thoughts when writing.

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller2 months agoAuthor

@jehoram & @Paul_Chance - thank you both 😊 Emily

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Lore2 months ago

A well done essay into the thought process that goes into an incest story.

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller2 months agoAuthor

@Lovecraft_lore - thank you 😊 Emily

Sincity09Sincity092 months ago

Great explanation of the thought processes and reasoning behind the story Em.

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller2 months agoAuthor

@Simcity09 - thank you 😊 Emily

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEmilyMiller@EmilyMiller
PLEASE NOTE THAT I DON’T SEXT HERE I’m Em. Just your common or garden Lit cumslut. I write a bit, mostly about me, I guess that makes me a terrible narcissist 😬. Or maybe a very good narcissist. Not sure how that one works TBH. Any unsolicited dick pics will lead to immed...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES