Their Secret Pasts

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know they would. Give me a couple of days to let them know, and I'll share your contact information with them."

The couple sat there for a while longer, and finally decided to head back to their hotel before it got too dark.

"Let's go. I've never made love to a fiancée before and I want to see what it's like."

Two days later, Richard was once again flying cross-country, this time back to Miami. Negotiations were underway for the production of their movie, which made him more than happy - as well as anxious. And while his heart was full of love for Jessica, he still wondered how they were going to make this all work out in the end. He fell asleep holding her picture, still in awe as how he was so lucky to have someone like her love him.

Two years later...

"We're back on the red carpet for this year's Academy Awards celebration. I'm Tanya Morris for E! Entertainment news, and my next guest is probably this year's surprise nominee. Jessica Ross is nominated in two categories for the same film, The Canadian Nurse, and is the odds on favorite to win both. Jessica, how does it feel to be nominated for both Original Screenplay and Lead Actress, the first time anyone's been nominated for two awards for the same movie?"

"Thanks, Tanya. I'm really overwhelmed by all of this. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think something like this would happen. I realize it's a cliché, but just being nominated is thrilling and an honor in itself, especially with who the other nominees are. I've watched this awards show for as long as I can remember, and never thought I'd find myself being interviewed on this red carpet."

"Well, from what I've seen, the nominations are well deserved. I loved the movie, and you were so perfect in the lead; your portrayal of Ava was so moving. I've read all about the back-story, and I'm still in awe that Richard was able to find so much information about his grandfather. And speaking of which, where is Richard tonight?"

"He'll be here soon. Our babysitter had a last minute emergency, so he's doing daddy duty until grandma and grandpa get there. He should be here any minute now."

"And speaking of the baby, how does it feel to be a new mother amid all of this?"

"Exhausting. I was pregnant during most of the movie shoot, but since I didn't really show much until my last trimester, it was easy to hide. And with all of this happening, it's even more exhausting. But so, so rewarding."

"So tell me, how difficult was it for you to move your career into mainstream Hollywood movies after being in adult films for so many years? Did people treat you differently?"

"It was an adjustment, to be sure. But acting is acting, no matter where you do it. Ava was a character I portrayed, not someone who I was, or am. The same is true for Candace Cane. She was a character I portrayed, and not someone real. In real life, I am nothing like Candace. At first, some people either treated me as if I knew nothing about acting or as if I was really Candace. I laughed at the first stagehand that propositioned me, and when it happened a second time, I took matters into my own hands. I got up in front of the entire cast and crew and read them the riot act. I told them what I told you - Candace Cane was a character I portrayed and not who I was. I said I am an actor just like the others, and the next person to proposition me, expecting me to just fall into bed with them, would get a very rude awakening. Everyone was quiet for a bit, until one of the grips yelled out 'just like that guy in New Zealand?' And anyone who had seen the video on-line burst into laughter. And everything was good after that.

"Also, once the they all realized I wrote the screenplay, they began to talk more with me about their characters - 'why did they do this and not that' type of thing. Once we all realized that we all wanted this film to succeed, they also began to give me suggestions on how they thought their character might act. And often times, their ideas were far better than mine, and got incorporated into the movie."

Just then, Richard joined his wife.

"And now we get to welcome the other half of Hollywood's newest power couple, Richard Baker. Congratulations, Richard, on your own nomination for Best Director, as well as those for Jessica. And also for becoming a new father."

"Thanks, Tanya. It's been quite a 24 months to say the least. But don't congratulate me for Jessica's nominations - she deserved both, and without my help. And through it all, I wouldn't change any of it."

"So what's next for you two? Another movie in the future?"

"Eventually. But it's been such a whirlwind for the past two years. I think we're going to savor tonight, no matter what the outcomes are. After that, we're just going to take some time to be us, mom and dad, to the most beautiful baby around. Like Jess said, it's been exhausting but exhilarating and rewarding at the same time."

"Wonderful. Thank you, Jessica Ross and Richard Baker. And best of luck tonight!"

Epilogue

The television was turned on with the sound muted in Jessica's family room, but she paid no attention to it. Instead, her focus was on her stomach and how her baby was moving in her womb. It was almost comical, with all it's kicks and rolls.

"This kid is either going to be a gymnast or a soccer player."

Just then, Ava ran into the room.

"Mommy, grandma said daddy was going to be on TV. Can we watch him?"

"Of course, baby. Let's turn the sound on so we can hear what he says."

"Were you laughing at something mommy? I heard you when I was running in here."

"Give me your hands. Feel the baby moving? That's what I was laughing at."

Ava stood still, keeping her small hands on Jessica's large stomach. Suddenly the baby kicked again, and Ava broke out into delightful little girl giggles.

"Oh mommy, you're so funny. And so is the baby."

"Look sweetie, there's daddy."

As she unmuted the sound, Richard's face was now on the screen.

"We're here once again on the red carpet and I'm Tanya Morris speaking with one half of Hollywood's newest power couple, Richard Baker. Richard, thanks for taking the time to talk with me."

"Thanks, Tanya. Glad to be here."

"So what do you think your chances are tonight to pull down one of the biggest awards, Best Director?"

"I'm just happy to be here. I'm up against four of the best directors in the business, so I'm just hoping for the best."

"Plus, your wife, Jessica Ross, is nominated once again for Best Original Screenplay for the same movie. How is she holding up with all this?"

"She's doing fine. She'd be here, but her doctor told her to stay put at home, so that's where she is, along with my parents and Ava."

"So tell us about the movie, Their Secret Pasts. Some people have said that it's autobiographical. Any truth to that rumor?"

"A little bit. Some of the story is very similar to what we've both gone though in the business, but it's also similar to what many actors have gone through. So yes and no."

"And it's still doing very well at the box office, so it certainly seems to have the right appeal for many people."

"True. We've both said all along that what we do is as true to life as we can make it, while still telling a story."

"And you're both doing that very well. If all goes like I think it will, you'll have to make room in your trophy case next to your other three Oscars. Richard Baker, best of luck to you tonight, as well as your beautiful wife."

"Thanks, Tanya."

Muting the television once again, Jessica turned her attention back to her stomach.

"Mommy, did you hear daddy say my name? I'm famous, just like you!"

"Yes you are, baby. Now I think it's probably bedtime for someone."

"Aww. Can't I stay up a little longer to see daddy again?"

"Nope, not tonight. Now go get grandma so she can give you a bath, and grandpa will read you a story. And with any luck, daddy will be here when you wake up tomorrow morning. Now give me a kiss and get going. I love you, Ava."

"Good night, mommy. I love you too."

Ava gave Jess a hug and a kiss, and then gave a kiss to her stomach.

"Good night, baby. I love you."

Ava scooted off to find her grandma, and Jessica turned her attention back to the awards show. She was sad she couldn't make it this year, but knew her doctor was correct to keep her home. Her due date had passed several days ago, and she was hoping Richard would make it back before she went into labor.

Soon the awards portion of the telecast began, and she began to get nervous for both her and Richard. His award was not given until later in the program, but hers was near the beginning. Soon Richard's mom joined her while his dad read a story to Ava and put her to bed.

"Are you getting nervous, sweetie?"

"Yes. For both me and Richard. I wish I could be there, but I understand why I can't. I'm happy you and dad were able to make it out here."

"Any chance we get to see you, Richard, and Ava we'll take. Ok now quiet. You're up next."

Too nervous to sit, Jess struggled to get to her feet. Just then, Richard's dad came into the room.

"Jess, let me help. Ava is out like a light."

Standing, Jess felt much better. As the presenters named all the nominees, Jess began to pace back and forth.

"And the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay goes to... Jessica Ross, for Their Secret Pasts."

Quietly screaming, the three hugged each other tightly.

"Congratulations, Jess. You did a wonderful job on that screenplay. We're both very proud of you."

Accepting the award for Jessica Ross tonight is her husband, Richard Baker.

"Thank you, everyone. Jess truly wanted to be here tonight, but since she's several days past her due date for our second child, her doctor said absolutely not. Well, not those exact words. That was the PG translation for what she really said. But I'm sure Jess would want to thank the members of the Academy, congratulate the other nominees, and thank our producers, Doug and Bobbie Jones as well as Sophia and Aaron Phipps. And a huge thanks to everyone who brought this wonderful story to life on the big screen. Thank you."

Richard was escorted off stage and into the waiting arms of Doug and Bobbie. Both had tears of joy welling up in their eyes.

"Thanks for being here. Jess is probably crying because she couldn't be here to celebrate with both of you. And I just want to thank you both again for all you've done for Jess, and me, over the years. We couldn't have done it without your support."

"Our pleasure, Rick. Let's head backstage so we can face the reporters and then call Jess."

Soon after their congratulations phone call, Jess was in the kitchen getting a glass of water when she felt a strong contraction wash across her stomach. Gasping, she held onto the sink to keep her balance. Then she felt another strange feeling - that of her water breaking. Once she got her breath back, she called out for Richard's parents. They both rushed into the kitchen, saw what was going on, and hurried into action. Richard's dad went to get the 'go bag' and the car, while his mom slowly walked her to the door.

"Now you know what to do, right mom?"

"Yes, dear. Once you are in the car I'm to text Bobbie to let her know what is happening, and remind her to not tell Richard until later. I'll stay here with Ava and dad will stay at the hospital with you."

"Thanks, mom. You two are the best."

Ninety minutes later it was time for the Best Director award. Just before they announced the nominees, Bobbie whispered into Richard's ear the news about Jessica. For a moment he panicked, because he wasn't able to be there, but then realized his parents were taking good care of her and Ava.

"And the Academy Award goes to... Richard Baker for Their Secret Pasts."

Amid thunderous applause, Richard stood up and began to hug the people around him. Heading to the stage, he had a huge smile on his face, knowing he was going to be a father again very soon.

"Thank you so very much. I'm going to keep this short, because just before the award was announced, I was told my wife was at the hospital and had gone into labor. So I just want to thank everyone who had any hand in this movie and this award. Thanks, everyone!"

Once he got backstage, he was met once again with hugs and kisses from Doug and Bobbie.

"Ok, Rick, this is how it's going to go. I've got a car waiting for you outside to take you to the airport, where a private jet is flying you to Scottsdale Municipal. I've got another car waiting for you there, and they'll take you to the hospital and Jess. And please give her a big hug and kiss from us. We'll come see you all in several days."

"Thanks, both of you. I'll keep you in the loop with the baby."

Three hours later, Richard was escorted into the birthing room, giving his dad a hug.

"Thanks, dad, for everything. Now I better get with my wife and get this baby born."

Leaning over Jess, Richard gave her a soft kiss on her forehead. She looked up and smiled.

"You made it. Did you win?"

"Of course I made it. And yes, I won. But let's concentrate on getting junior born, ok? We can talk about the award later."

Not long after, the doctor urged Jess to give one more push, and the baby was born. The nurses hustled to do their thing, and soon a small bundle was laid on her chest. She pulled it close and gave it a kiss.

"Hello little one. Say hi to your daddy. Daddy, say hi to Paul Richard Baker."

*****

Two months later, Jessica was sitting with Richard on their back deck, watching the sun set over the Arizona desert. It was spectacular once again, with the sky filling with different colors - oranges, reds, and purples changing from one to another. Ava was laughing and playing in the yard with Bobbie and Sophia while Doug and Aaron manned the grill. Richard was holding Paul and rocking him to sleep. And the only thought that came into her mind was one word - perfect. She looked at Richard and their sleeping baby and smiled, joy filling her face.

And then Paul, as babies are wont to do, spoiled the moment by blowing out his diaper as Richard held him. They were both quiet for a moment before exploding into gales of laughter.

"I think I'll go hose our baby down. I'll be right back."

After a while Richard came back, wearing a clean shirt.

"Paul is now clean from top to bottom and inside out. I put him down for the night, so maybe we can have a little time for ourselves and our guests.

"Jess, are you ok? You look preoccupied."

"This is just perfect, Rick. You and me, our children, our friends, our careers, this sunset. Our lives. I never want to lose this feeling, Rick. Never. I love you so much. Every day I look back and marvel that this is all possible because of an empty seat next to you in the airport lounge. Thank you for waving me over that day. It's become one of my favorite days ever."

"Mine as well. Thanks for helping make this all possible for all of us."

Just then, Ava came running over.

"Daddy, come on. We're playing tag and I need someone to help me win."

So Richard jumped up to play tag with his darling daughter and two of their best friends. Jess sat in her chair, watching everything play out. Her husband. Her little girl. Listening to her son on the baby monitor, sleeping. Her best friends over for a family meal.

"Yes," she thought. "Just like our favorite Christmas movie. What a wonderful life."

1...456789