There and Back Again Ch. 186

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It became clear that Oliver truly didn't know many more details than that, so we dismissed him to go round up the rest of the couriers and get them headed back home. Fergus opened his letter from Cailan. He read through it quickly, shaking his head ruefully, and finally dropped it into his lap and looked up at us.

"It doesn't say exactly what happened, but the Knight Commander was found, dead, in some sort of compromising situation, leaving the Chantry thoroughly embarrassed. I suppose they thought that Grand Cleric Elthina should have known what was happening and put a stop to it. The official line is she's retiring, but Cailan thinks she's being punished. A new Grand Cleric hasn't been named yet, nor a new Knight Commander.

"The templars have pulled back from the city in disarray, and Kirkwall had only a small city guard -- the city is in chaos. Apparently because of the agreements the King made with Kirkwall after the Blight, the Viscount would rather have Fereldans come and help keep the peace than other Marchers." He shook his head, as though it was the strangest thing he'd ever heard. "So Grand Cleric Dorothea and the King are on their way to Kirkwall with a large number of Fereldan soldiers to help patrol the city until things calm down. Cailan's asked me to join him there."

He handed a second slip of paper, one I hadn't noticed, to Alistair. "He sent you a letter too. He's asked the two of you to return to Ferelden."

12