All Comments on 'Thorns for a Rose Pt. 01'

by ScribeX

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
DauerspitzDauerspitzalmost 2 years ago

You really have a fantastic way to combine words to describe things in your story. The details are awesome like the whole rose thing with house Tyrell in this one. You marked this story as Pt. 1, do you intent to make a series out of Margarys journey? Also: Do you create fictional background storys for your storys? I didn't knew the ironborn attacked Highgarden or that Myrcella lost a ear. I haven't read the books so I may not know all differences between the books and the tvshow

ScribeXScribeXalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Cheers, I write non-porn stuff as well and hope to make a career out of it eventually, so it's nice to hear people like my craft. This story is definitely just the first of what I intend to be a 7-part serial - one for each of the Seven Gods.

The background context for my stories is from the books. Spoiler, obvs, but where things sit as of the last book out the ironborn are attacking the Reach, so I jumped forward in time a little to a hypothetical scenario that worked for the kind of sexual encounter I wanted to write about. The background to the story set in Dorne is also from a big sub-plot the TV show left out. It's complicated, but basically Princess Arianne and a bunch of her young, dumb friends kidnap Myrcella and try to set her up as Queen to provoke the Lannisters into war. Their whole plot falls apart, and in the chaos of their capture one of them tries to kill Myrcella to start the war that way, but misses and only cuts off her ear. (Myrcella is still alive in the books).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Although well-written, this first chapter could have used a much more extensive introduction to both the characters and the setting. As it is, we don't know all that much about Marjaery or the world that she inhabits. We don't really know much about House Tyrell, nor about the conflict that is going on as the story begins. Presumably, the last line is a thought of the heroine, but the reader is not told this for certain.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous