Time Flies Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cindy said "You won't believe this, and might not like hearing it, but Ava Hinds isn't a race-baiter or shakedown artist like Jocelyn Moran. Moran is dirty as hell, but Hinds actually has a good reputation in the USDOJ, and has usually been fair-minded. I'd even suggest that the lawyer with her, Kehoe, was sent to make sure Hinds didn't waver when Don and I presented her with the facts."

Teresa said "We can agree to disagree on that. But back to the personnel changes. This wasn't told to me, but you and I are good Detectives, so we can surmise some things. I believe that the original goal of the moves was to get Roy McGhillie put somewhere else. He wasn't going to be promoted or brevetted to Vice Lieutenant, and Rudistan has tons more knowledge about gangs and drug traffic than McGhillie does."

Iron Wolf: "And truly just between you and me, I think they put McGhillie in Vice again to get him out of MCD. He was put into MCD after he was wounded, partly because his fiancée was so upset about him being in danger. But the 800-lb. elephant in the room is that McGhillie wasn't working out in MCD, so Don put McGhillie where McGhillie will perform best... in a Precinct."

Iron Wolf: "And it was also logical and natural to put Rudistan in the Vice Lieutenant slot, which deep down he really wanted but was too loyal to his Officers in 2nd Precinct to ask for it. And putting him in Vice opened the 2nd Precinct Lieutenant slot, which really needs to be filled, what with this new and increased drug and gang activity. It makes logical sense to put DeLong in 2nd Precinct, not because he's black, but because it's where he worked for years."

Cindy nodded. "Yeah, it makes sense."

Teresa said "So you're really upset that nobody said anything to you about it?"

Cindy sipped her coffee and said "The word 'upset' is too strong a term. I'll just say... that it did not go unnoticed..."

Part 6 - Timing

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" the redheaded MILF reporterette blared at 7:00am, Wednesday, January 8th, from the roof of the building at the corner of Riverside and College, with the State Office Building across Courthouse Square in the background. "The impeachment of deeply unpopular Governor Val Jared moves forward in the State House Special Committee!"

Bettina began: "Legislators are debating the accusations against Jared, which include Obstruction of Justice, Obstruction of the State Legislature, Conspiracy to Cover Up Police Intimidation and Malfeasance, Racism, and Abuse of Power. The investigation is a bipartisan effort to show Jared's criminal behavior. Roll tape."

Tape rolled. First was shown Tasheeka Harris (D - Inner Midtown), saying "Governor Jared used Police to intimidate two women who made credible claims of sexual harassment against the Governor. His abuse of power in attempting to cover up his crimes is disgusting, and he must be removed from office!"

Then Wilson Hammonds (R - Pottsville) was shown saying "Governor Jared's racist actions have harmed minorities across the State! His actions against minority Undocumented Workers show how viciously racist he is! Governor Jared does not represent the true values of the Republican Party! He must be removed from office!"

Back to Bettina live: "State House Democrats are refusing to participate in Budget discussions until Governor Jared is formally impeached. State Senate Democrats, led by the 'Block of Granite' caucus of State Senator Katherine Woodburn, have stated they will not discuss the State Budget until Jared is not only impeached, but removed from office."

Bettina: "Jared's spokeswoman, Sarah Honeysuckle, made a statement saying that the Governor is not concerned about the Legislature's failure to work on the Budget, and he's not going to sign any Budget proposal that goes against his political policies. Now let's go to trusted reporter Lester Holder for more on the Town & County Police. Lester!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said Lester 'Penis' Holder from the top of the building at Riverside and College, with Police Headquarters in the background against graying skies. "The Town & County Police announced they are moving Lieutenant Sean DeLong to 2nd Precinct, and sources tell Channel Two News that he is replacing Lieutenant Micah Rudistan, who is taking the role of Vice Lieutenant."

Bettina: "Lester, is this due to the TCPD failing the US DOJ's Civil Rights audit some weeks ago?"

Lester: "The TCPD refused to respond to our repeated requests for comment on that question, Bettina, but experts say that the USDOJ may have forced the TCPD to make this move, putting a black Lieutenant in the Precinct that covers predominately black areas of the County. Whether or not it was a forced move, it shows that Commander Donald Troy has been wrong all along, and it is requiring Federal pressure to overcome his racist actions. Back to you, Bettina!"

Bettina: "Thank you for that important story, Lester! And finally, the Town & County District Attorney's Office has denied rumors that ADA Paulina Patterson was going to resign over what sources say are racial discrimination issues. The D.A.'s Office would neither confirm nor deny that ADA Franklin Washington is considering taking a leave of absence in order to pursue his campaign for the judicial seat currently held by Superior Court Judge Harry R. Nance."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Is anyone on Governor Jared's side?" asked Tanya Perlman as we drank coffee in the Chief's Conference Room, sans Deputy Chief Cindy Ross.

"Oh, gosh yes!" I replied. "If you watch the Public Broadcasting stations that are showing the Legislative sessions, there are plenty of speeches being made on the Governor's behalf. But only the Fox stations will show them. The rest of the Media have their marching orders to make you believe the entire world is against Governor Jared... and from your question, it may be working."

"No sir, it is not." said Tanya. "But you're right about how the Media is manipulating the message to try to get us to think in only one direction."

"Is everyone as mad as I am about those leaks about our personnel moves?" asked the Sheriff.

I said "Well, Penis Holder lying like that was bad, but not unexpected of him and KXTC. What bothers me the most is that they just told the world that Rudistan is the Vice Lieutenant. Not that it's a secret, but that's not something I like hearing being advertised."

"I've had that talk with him already." said Teresa Croyle. "Told him to take the same precautions the Iron Crowbar does... don't go home the same way twice in a row, be very aware of anyone that might be following him, tell his family to keep their eyes open, as well, don't go into any obviously potentially hostile situations."

"What did he say to that?" asked the Sheriff.

"He laughed when I said that last one." Teresa replied. "He asked how we enforced keeping the Iron Crowbar from walking headfirst into hostile situations. I just told Rudistan that he wasn't the Police Boxing Matches Champion, at least not yet..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*BRING!* *BRING!* *BRING!* *BRING!*

It was my personal iPhone, and it was Laura calling. "Hello, dear." I answered.

"Hello, darling." Laura said. "I have a problem and I need your help."

"Okay." I said.

"I'm teaching my class this afternoon, at the same time that Carole gets out of school." Laura said. "Stephanie Steele was going to pick her and Marie up, but Stephanie has been called into a big Faculty meeting with President Wellman. Selena Steele cannot leave the bank to pick them up, but can keep Marie if you can deliver her. And could you keep Carole for an hour or two, until I can come pick her up?"

"Sure." I said. "But I'll just bring her home with me, so you don't have to come pick her up."

"That would be perfect." Laura said. "And she will love getting to hang out at the Station..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Teresa and I went in my Police SUV and got into the line of cars to pick up the kids. "You ever worry about kids being kidnapped out of the pickup line?"

I replied "No, the teachers watch them pretty good. And the kids know which cars are theirs, and who their parents are, so it's not just like they're going to willingly go to a strange car."

When we got up to the covered 'back porch' area, Teresa got out to open the back doors for Carole and Marie to jump into the back, and they did. I heard Jameis say "Wow, Carole, you get to ride in the cop car!"

"You want a ride, Jameis?" I asked from the driver's seat.

"Naw, man." Jameis said. "People would think I'm either snitchin' or getting arrested! Bye Carole!"

"Bye Jameis!" Carole called out as Jameis headed to his grandfather's car. Teresa got back in and we pulled out. Other cars stopped to let us pass by... I wonder why?

"I hope people don't really think a second grader would be a snitch if he rode in a Police car." Teresa said.

"They do." said Carole. "Especially black kids." Teresa and I were wide-eyed at that.

"What do they say about you, Carole?" I asked.

Carole replied "I tell 'em I'm not a snitch because I'm going to be the Police one day, so they better get used to it." Teresa and I exchanged more looks...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Carole was behaving extremely well, sitting on the sofa in my office and getting her homework done. I was finishing up paperwork, the one true bane of having a star on my shoulder.

At 5:10pm, well into 2nd shift, I said "Okay, Carole, let's go home."

"Okay, Daddy." Carole said. We put on our coats and headed out, and I let Carole ride shotgun.

*SQRRK* went the Police radio. "Perlman to Commander Troy. Perlman to Commander Troy."

"Go for Troy." I said into the mike, Carole attentively watching and listening.

"Commander, we have a homicide at Riverside and Depot Street." Tanya said. That spot was where Riverside Drive south turned east and became Depot Street, south of the Town City Limits, the road going on towards Junction Station Depot. "Can you come by and take a look?"

"Negative." I said. "I have a civilian ride-along." For security reasons, I did not care to mention on Police radio that my ride-along was my daughter.

"Sheriff Griswold to Commander Troy." said the Sheriff. "I'm at the scene, and it needs your attention..."

"Come on, Daddy, let's go!" Carole said.

I was outvoted...

To be continued.