Time Flies Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Keep her in mind." suggested the Sheriff. "Okay, find something to hold this Hamm on, beyond resisting arrest..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

3:50pm, Thursday, January 9th. Paulina Patterson came to my office. I had her sit down.

"Lynch ran to Nance." Paulina said. "He got Hamm's arraignment moved up, and Nance dropped all charges with prejudice. I wasn't there; Savannah Fineman was handling it. She did try, but Nance made a point to tell her than any charges by the TCPD of resisting arrest, assaulting Police Officers, or FFI will be summarily dismissed in his Court. Miriam called him, and Nance said she could consider him, Nance, to be at war with the TCPD after that Christmas concert 'stunt' (air quotes) you and the Sheriff pulled."

"Well," I said, "one of two things will happen: Hamm will run, or he'll stay put and we'll go get him if and when we get more on him." Paulina nodded, then I said "So what's the situation with Judge Watts?"

"He's not formally suspended," Paulina replied, "but he might as well be. Judge Folsom is not going to assign Watts any potentially big cases, because if Watts does get suspended, it would create mistrials in any cases before his Bench. So all Watts is getting are cases that already have plea agreements, i.e. cases you solve and give the perps no other options."

I nodded. "And any criminals hearing that... and Bettina and the lawyers will make sure they do... won't take plea deals no matter what, knowing they'll get Nance and will have a chance of getting off."

"Or a much better plea deal for the perps." Paulina said.

"So how are things with you and Miriam?" I asked.

"Professional." Paulina said, and I knew what she really meant. "She's crafty in that she's letting me have your MCD cases... that have plea deals and will go to Watts. And that would be okay, because of how good you are, except that Nance is so 'out dere flappin' that we have no idea what he'll do to harm our cases."

"Until the Election." I said. I then straightened up in my chair and said "But Paulina, there's something you and I need to discuss. You need to plan for the distinct possibility that I will not be here, and possibly in the near future..."

To be continued.