Time is On Her Side Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SBstories
SBstories
262 Followers

Horatia sunk in her chair. "You never told me that."

"I know. There are many things I never told you because that's just how things are. I don't like keeping secrets from the ones I love but, sometimes, keeping secrets is the only thing that keeps them safe."

"Please tell me more. How did Dad do that?"

"I honestly don't know," Celeste muttered. "I know he had connections too but he never told me how deep they ran. I tried asking once and never tried again. In the end, it doesn't really matter because your father was a good man. He loved me and cherished me more than I ever thought possible. I miss him dearly."

"I miss him, too," Horatia said, on the verge of tears.

"I see a lot of him in Alex, you know? Even before you started tampering with his mind."

Horatia laughed. "You know about that?"

"I'm not blind, and I'm not deaf either, dear. I see things in the way he looks at you, a dutiful submission strengthened by hypnosis and conditioning. I also hear things when you forget to close your bedroom door," Celeste admitted.

"Mom!"

"That boy really loves you. You're his world. He wants to protect you and keep you from harm but you need to do the same for him. You have a responsibility towards him, one that you can't shy away from. If you do that, you're no better than the despots running this society. If you really love him, don't do anything foolish, please!"

"I do love him, but..."

"Horatia..."

"... I'm not entirely sure I can keep quiet after what I saw."

"Even if that means jeopardizing us all for good? Have I been talking to myself this whole time?"

"On the contrary. It's just..."

"Just what? I can't be any clearer than this."

"I need some time to think this through."

"That's good. Think about everything I said, think about you and him. Bad things happen in this world all the time and we can't solve them all. You can't help Lana right now. I know this is cruel, but it's the truth."

"Okay, Mom. I'm going to check up on Alex, now."

"You do that," Celeste sighed as she watched her leave. She had tried her best to keep the storm at bay, yet storms have a life of their own. Horatia was far too impetuous, far too stubborn, and she had a sneaking suspicion things could go downhill at any moment. She needed to prepare for the worst.

SBstories
SBstories
262 Followers
12