All Comments on 'Toni'

by wajawhiii

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well written story 5*

It is unusual to actually see some sense and morality in a story on this site these days, so well done. Not to mention one where on first reading the grammar doesn't offend ones sensibilities.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wondering

I wonder about the morons who state "Cuck shit" when none of that has even happened in the story line. Where, even once, was that suggested? Swapping, yes, but only by the female protagonist but never by her husband. In fact, just the opposite happened. He said, "No," and that was that. So, to all the moron Anonymous posts, learn to fucking read.

As to the quality of the story, from a writer's perspective, I thought it was excellent. Despite the author's claim that reading the first story would be illustrative, I'd have to say that this story easily stood on it's own.

As uncommon as it is to see, it was really appreciated that we actually got to know the characters in the story. Kind of a big deal for me. If I don't know the characters, I really don't care what happens to them and, by extension, the story in general. Lots of nice showing and not telling. My only quibble might be that I didn't get more of a feel for Toni's husband. That he wasn't happy with things would have been more believable if there'd been more of a show of that earlier on.

I liked the premise of the story as well. It was different from the usual and having a story that's a bit unique in this category is really, really, rare. Thanks for that. Some of that may come from writing where the characters lead you. I too love to find words I'd written on the page only to feel that they came through me more than by me. I guess that's what's known as having the Muse upon you.

Also, I liked the exploration of morals and putting on the balance scale momentary pleasure as opposed to the happiness that comes with being in a loving, long term relationship. So.. full points for this one, please keep sharing your work. It's good stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I GET THE FEELING

Wajawhiii doesn't enjoy stories with real life consequences. As her comment proves.

That is too bad. I was hoping Mary would find out how she was taken advantage of, and made into a fool,lol !!

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
LOVING WIFE

I hope the cuck shit comment isn't coming from the usual character as nothing happened except the couples found ways to energise their relationships for the better probably because of Toni's efforts.

Enjoyed the story write again please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
An ambitious effort, but marred by tedious over contemplation and shallow dialogue.

I don't know why I wrote that title to this comment.

Now, does that make sense, that I don't know why I just wrote what I did? If you're an adult you should have the self awareness and control to understand what you say and do, and why you say or do it. When reading about mindless or thoughtless behavior, it conveys either a juvenile mentality, or a dishonest one. Tom doesn't know why he didn't tell Toni from the start that he did not want to engage in swinging sex. Toni just presumes Tom wants the same open marriage that she's trying to initiate. Other couples of the group relate how their sex lives drifted into moribund banality, but they never talked about it, or don't know why, or didn't want to ask. WTF?

Couples who don't communicate about sex have a problem, but its not a communication issue. Lack of communication, or miscommunication, is a symptom, but not the problem. The problem involves issues of honesty, respect, fear of rejection and inadequacy. And suddenly getting naked and walking around doesn't address those issues. So your whole premise, that physical nudity will somehow "free up" or open up an inhibited stunted sexual relationship is silly. Getting naked reveals the body, but not the mind. And it is what they are hiding inside their heads that needs to be revealed and discussed.

So I appreciate your effort, but it appears to be a lot of work, a lot of complex dialogue and contemplation, with an almost slap-stick conclusion: "Oh dear, you really don't want to fuck about with other women, and you don't want me fucking around with other men? Gee, I never knew, even though you told me exactly that, until you walked out of the house, and I talked to Marie. And it just suddenly dawned on me that this open swinging sexuality I was maneuvering and contriving toward really isn't what I want after all. Sorry. Let's go fuck and make up."

Maybe you should reexamine allowing your muse to direct and control your writing. Inspiration and imagination without common sense reality is what has young children jumping off of barns with home made wings attached.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
re:anonymous-wondering

Why all the uproar? You sound like you're defending something you wrote. You didn't write it, so why get so upset what others think. You're right there was no cuck shit, but if he would have went along with it, or she would have gone ahead without him, it would have been. So why the angry comment? As to story it was all right, but if I was him, I would always wonder in the back of my mind, why she wanted to expand her sexual horizon. Swinging is the first step to trouble, especially since one partner didn't want any part of it. If I was him I'd keep a close eye on her. She's trouble.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
(Un)reality

I see most of these commentors miss the most important thing. This is not real! My land, why can't people realize that? And what cuck shit? There was not sex, much less cuckolding. I will be honest, I find cucks wimpy half men myself. But some people like that. Just as some like BDSM, gay, incest, lesbian, group sex, etc. And again, this is all fiction! It's made up! It didn't happen! It's not real! Get the picture? Keep on writing. And only listen to helpful criticism.

TimTam

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

This was a fairly decent story for a change.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous