Trapped in Car on a Frozen Highway

Story Info
With only a family member to keep them warm.
19.7k words
4.72
34.6k
23
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It's winter in the year 1974. A time before everyone had cell phones, and, if a car had a seat belt, it was a simple lap seat belt.

^^^

The evening news television reporter had his 'serious news' face on as he said, "Drivers were stranded on a fifty-mile section of Interstate 95 below the nation's capital."

The network broadcasted an aerial video that showed hundreds of cars not moving. They were packed on the highway behind jackknifed trucks and random cars that had slid into one another and off the road.

The anchor said, "Some were caught in this massive traffic jam for up to twenty-four hours. They spent the night huddled in their vehicles in below-freezing weather.

"Here is a spokesperson for the Virginia Department of Transportation."

The screen showed a middle-aged woman. The chyron at the bottom of the television screen identified her as Marcie Parker.

The tape rolled, and Marcie said, 'It was the perfect recipe for a disaster. Northern Virginia's usual traffic congestion was made worse by falling sleet and snow. Then, several tractor-trailers jackknifed in Stafford County. That stopped all traffic on the interstate.

"We apologize to those who were trapped on the highway. No one predicted that the storm would dump so much snow and that there'd be so many accidents.

"The on and off-ramps were out of commission, and the highway too. The roads were blocked by cars and trucks. Some had been in accidents. Others spun out or slid off the road due to the ice and snow. We couldn't get our salt trucks and plows onto the highway."

The tape ended. The news anchor re-appeared and said, "By noon today, the road was reopened."

"Wow! That's unbelievable," Ernie said. "I didn't realize so many people were caught in that mess."

His wife, Edith, guffawed and said, "Six members of your family spent a frigid night on that road."

Ernie hugged and kissed his wife of forty-five years, looked at those in the room, and said, "You poor things. Trapped on the highway in the cold. I was beside myself with worry, wondering where you were."

"It was awful. Thank goodness I wasn't alone," Edith said. She smiled at her grandson.

"It would have been unbearable," Haley, Ernie's granddaughter, said, "if Dad hadn't been with me to keep me warm and kept my spirits up."

Her father's face turned red.

Gary, Ernie's and Edith's son-in-law, hugged his wife Gwyn, and joked, "It wasn't so bad. We got a break from the kids!"

Everyone laughed.

Gwyn gave her brawny husband a smooch on the cheek and said, "We had some quality time alone and tied our record for most whoopie in a twenty-four-hour period!"

"Gwyn! Please," Ernie chastised his daughter. "There are children present."

"No. There aren't," Gwyn said. "Haley is eighteen, and Hugh is twenty. We had to do something to pass the time and keep warm. What did the rest of you do?"

Edith stepped forward and intervened before anyone attempted to answer Gywn's question. She said, "We are thankful that everyone is safe. We got through the awful ordeal by relying on each other. We're a day late, but let's celebrate Ernie's seventieth birthday."

Gary got his young children from the other room, where they were watching cartoons.

The family gathered around the dining room table. Hank brought out a small section of cake with one candle.

"Is that all that's left of the birthday cake?" Edith asked.

"We were stuck in the car for twenty-three hours," her son said. "Our only provisions were a case of red wine and the cake. We ate cake and drank wine to survive."

The family laughed and sang "Happy Birthday" to Ernie.

Ernie smiled and blew out the candles.

^^^The day before^^^

Edith called her son, Hank, around ten-thirty a.m. and asked, "Do you have the birthday cake?"

"Not yet," Hank said. "My shop is open half a day on Saturdays. Haley and I will close it at noon, grab a bite to eat, and pick up the cake. We'll be on time for Dad's party."

"Good. Thanks for doing that," she said. "I'm getting my hair done, and sometimes the hairdresser runs late."

"Is it a problem for you to pick up Hugh?" Hank asked.

"No. I'll be driving by his college. I've called him. He's ready."

"Okay," Hank said. "See you later. Bye."

"Bye," his mom said.

^^^ 1:12 p.m. December 20, 1974, in Northern Virginia^^^

"Ah!" Haley screamed as her father, Hank, put on the brakes and brought his light green 1970 Chevy Impala to a sudden stop. Instinctively, his hand shot out to catch his eighteen-year-old daughter.

The car had a lap seat belt. However, only fourteen percent of Americans used them regularly. Hank didn't have his on. He assumed his daughter wasn't wearing hers. Especially when he saw her head fly toward the dashboard and windshield.

The lap seat belt kept her butt in her seat, but her head and torso were thrown forward.

His protective right hand wasn't needed to keep her face from hitting the windshield.

The car stopped.

Father and daughter looked at his hand which clutched her left breast, and their faces turned red.

"Ah. Ah. Sorry for touching you there," Hank apologized as he removed his hand from her soft feminine flesh. He looked embarrassed as he added, "For some reason, the cars in front of us stopped."

"I wonder if there's a magnet in my breasts that attracts male hands," she said, chagrinned. "You're forgiven. This was an accident.

"Please tell me what's up with boys?" Haley asked. "Last night, at a party a half dozen guys copped a feel. They think nothing about grabbing my ass or brushing up against my boob while walking past or dancing with me.

"One of my classmates was extremely brazen. He walked up to me and put his hands on my breasts. In front of everyone, he squeezed them and hollered, 'Honk! Honk!' Like they were clown horns."

"What? You're kidding?" Hank asked. His expression changed from embarrassed to distressed.

His daughter shook her head and said, "People had been drinking. The one who groped me laughed as if he had done the funniest thing. I was too stunned to respond. People laughed. The girls too.

"I was embarrassed and left the room."

She sighed and said, "Life was simpler when I was flat-chested, and the boys ignored me."

Hank didn't know what to say, so he remained silent.

Haley looked at her chest, giggled, and said, "Can you believe my boobs have gotten this big? Most girls got their period and boobs while in middle school. Nothing happened to me. I didn't get my period until I was fifteen.

"I thought I'd be slim and have small breasts, like Mom, and then the summer before my senior year of high school, after my eighteenth birthday, I went from an A cup to a C. I got hips and a butt, and suddenly, boys noticed me.

"I wasn't ready for the attention I got. The other girls don't get flustered by a crude comment or a pinch on the bum. I'm nervous and unsure of myself around boys."

Haley looked at her Dad. He had an odd expression on his face. She asked, "Are you uncomfortable with the topic? This is the kind of thing I'd talked to Mom about, but she passed away two years ago."

Hank looked like he was in pain.

Haley asked, "I know you love Mom and miss her. Does it hurt that I mentioned her?" She looked concerned and confused.

Her dad sighed and said, "I have a hole in my heart...We both do since your mother died. It's okay to mention her. We shouldn't not talk about her."

He gave her a forced smile and added, "As for the topic...I am uncomfortable, but that's my problem." He forced himself to continue, and said, "Boys your age are barely housebroken. They don't know how to act around a woman.

"Their hormones are raging, and they haven't learned how to control themselves and their urges. Think of them as fruit that hasn't ripened or wine that needs to age.

"You can interact with them, but don't expect a serious loving relationship.

"At this age, they are incapable of that. Dance, kiss them, but be on your guard, and don't be afraid to put them in their place. If they cross the line, like the guy who touched you without permission, treat them like you'd treated an untrained puppy.

"Smack them on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper and say, 'No! Bad boy!' Pull hard on the choke chain and let them know when their behavior is unacceptable. Boys need correcting."

Haley laughed. Hank joined in.

Hank looked her in the eyes and said, "You're a woman. There's no denying it. " His eyes strayed and focused on her chest. He raised them to her face, blushed, and said, "After you graduate from college, you can think about having a serious relationship.

"For now, experiment. Learn who you are. You need more self-confidence. You are better, smarter, and more special than you realize. You should give yourself more credit."

"Thanks, Dad."

She reached for him. They leaned into each other and hugged. One of her bountiful breasts pressed against his arm.

It triggered a thought in his mind. He said to himself, "Your mother was a beautiful petite woman. You're built like the women on my side of the family. They have fuller figures."

He looked at his daughter and said, "You've blossomed into a beautiful young woman. There's no doubt the boys have noticed. I need you to stand up for yourself. If you like, I can enroll you in karate classes or buy you a gun and get you lessons at the firing range so you can fend off the jerks."

They shared a laugh.

Their car was stopped behind many vehicles. The three lanes of the interstate highway were full of stopped cars.

He said, "This is unexpected. We're on a freeway, not some road by the mall with traffic lights."

"Yeah. I hope we're not stuck for long. I have to pee."

They looked out the window at the snow. It was coming down hard.

^^^In front of them a little while ago^^^

"Hold on, Hugh!", Edith said. She was driving, and the spry sixty-five-year-old stomped on the brake. The car jerked to an abrupt halt.

Neither wore a seat belt.

She clung to the steering wheel with one hand and reached out protectively with the other to her grandson.

He stretched his arms out and put them on the dashboard. His grandmother's hand found his left bicep. She squeezed it and said, "Nice. I've always liked men with big arms and shoulders."

"I wonder what the problem is?" her grandson asked as he looked at the stopped vehicles.

"I don't know. An accident? It is snowing," the full-figure, silver-hair matron replied. She gave his arm one last squeeze and removed it.

"I hope we're not here for long. I didn't bring my winter coat," Hugh said.

^^^In front of them^^^

"Fuck! Look out, Gwyn!" Gary shouted as his booted foot crushed the brake pedal.

He shot his hand out to catch his wife. Momentum carried her body forward, and his hand contacted a large breast. Instinct caused him to squeeze her abundant soft flesh.

"What the hell?" Gwyn exclaimed.

The mother of two had a seat belt on but was still thrown about by the sudden stop. She barked at her husband, "You shouldn't have been driving so fast."

"I was moving with the traffic," he explained. "The problem is two tractor-trailers fifty feet in front of us have jackknifed. One hit a car. All traffic lanes and the emergency lanes are blocked. We're fucked."

The chubby mother pried his hand off her boob and asked, "Was anyone hurt?"

"I don't think so. It looks like the truck slid, struck a car on the passenger-side front fender, and took the car into the emergency lane.

"The driver of the car is out and looking at his car. He and the truck driver are talking."

Gwyn asked, "How long are we going to be stuck?"

"I don't know," the big man said. "A while. A normal tow truck isn't big enough to move an eighteen-wheeler. They'll have to get a big one. They may have to unload the trailer."

Gwyn looked in her side mirror and said, "There are a lot of cars behind us. I hope the service vehicles can get through."

"He'll probably have to come from the other direction."

"Thank God the kids aren't with us," Gwyn said.

"Yeah. It's a good thing you left them with your father."

^^^

Ten minutes later, Hank, Edith, Gary, and the other drivers, after not having moved an inch, turned off their vehicles.

Haley said, "Dad, if you turn off the car, we'll have no heat. It's cold outside."

"Sorry. I'd hoped whatever brought the traffic to a stop was a small problem that would be quickly sorted. I'm worried that we may be here for a while. We have to conserve our fuel."

Hank and everyone caught in the backup searched for information on various radio stations. The local news-weather-traffic station had nothing.

Hank spun the dial to the upper end of the AM radio and listened to the Virginia Department of Transportation traffic report. It reported congestion and slow traffic due to the snow.

"Why didn't they mention the traffic jam?" Haley asked.

"I guess they don't know."

^^^A half-hour later^^^

Hugh said, "It looks like the snow is coming down harder."

"Yes. I can't believe we haven't moved at all," his grandmother griped. She turned the car on, put the heat on high, and they listened to the Virginia highway radio station.

"That's the same message we heard earlier," Hugh said.

"Another example of governmental incompetence!" his grandmother groused.

^^^

"Turn the car on, Gary," Gwyn ordered. "I'm cold."

He did and said, "I hope they resolve this soon."

"Amen!"

^^^2:22 p.m.^^^

"Dad, I have to pee real bad," Haley said. There was a sense of urgency in her words.

"I have no idea when we can get to a rest stop."

"I have to go. Now!" Haley said as she pressed her hand against her crotch. "I see other people getting out of their cars and relieving themselves. It's gross, but I either pee outside or pee my pants."

"I understand. There aren't any bushes or trees near us."

"I'll do it beside the car. There are no cars on my side. Will you stand by me?"

"Sure."

Hank and Haley got out of the car. He walked around to her side of the car which faced an unoccupied emergency lane.

She looked around, unbuttoned her coat, undid her belt, and the snap on her jeans. She looked nervous and asked, "I've never peed outside before. I don't want to get my pants wet."

Her father laughed and said, "Your mother was the same way. She went camping in the woods one time with me. She was upset that we were in the wilderness and there were no bathrooms. After that trip, we always went to a campground with showers and toilets.

"That first trip, your mother took her pants and underwear off for fear of peeing on them.

"Some women pull their pants and underwear down to their knees and squat. If you're worried about your clothes, you can take them off and toss them on the front seat. This is a secluded spot, and your coat's long enough to protect your modesty.

"Hold on to the car for balance. I'll make sure no one bothers you."

He turned his back to his daughter. She removed her jeans and lemon-yellow bikini panties and put them in the car. She crouched with her legs spread slightly, and her butt rested on her heels. She placed one hand on the front tire to keep her balance.

She was confident that the car blocked everyone's view of her backside. She gathered up her coat so it wouldn't get wet.

Urine dripped from her urethra. Then, it came out in a small trickle. She grimaced because the liquid clung to her labia and traveled down her body to her butt cheeks.

Suddenly, it gushed out. It cut through the snow and hit the pavement. It rebounded and splashed in every direction. Pee got on her clogs and bounced onto her.

"Ahh!" she screamed.

"What's the matter?" her father asked.

"My pee is going everywhere and landing on me!"

She tilted her hips up. That reduced the splatter that hit her. The stream arched up in the air. It headed toward her father.

"Dad! Look out! Move!"

The stream of pee was nearly on him.

"What?" her father asked. The fear and distress in her voice caused him to look her way.

He turned and saw the stream headed toward him. He jumped aside in the nick of time. The three feet long stream of piss missed him.

Hank looked at his child and saw the frantic look on her face. His eyes scanned lower. He saw the pale white skin that her bikini bottom covered. It contrasted sharply with her tanned legs.

He also saw a thick fluffy patch of blonde pubes on her lower abdomen and her wet shiny thighs. His eyes focused on where the yellow torrent of pee was coming from.

He could barely discern the outline of his daughter's vagina. The lighting was poor, and her bush was thick. He saw that her lower belly, fat outer labia, and the creases where her legs joined her torso were covered with a pelt of blonde fur.

He was stunned, momentarily mesmerized, and he stared at her pussy.

Haley kept her legs spread wide, not to give her father the best possible view of her most private part, but because the other choice would have been for her to pee on herself.

It seemed like an eternity for the two of them as a red-faced daughter peed in the snow, and her red-faced father watched.

When the stream faltered and slowed, Hank turned away.

Haley took a Kleenex out of her coat pocket and dabbed her vulva, thighs, and bum. She threw it away and stood. She retrieved her clothes, dressed, and got back into the car.

Hank stayed outside. He stood in silence for five minutes. His back was to his daughter. He unzipped his pants, pulled out his penis, and peed in the snow.

^^^

"Gary," Gwyn said, "The new diet I'm on has me drinking a lot of water. My molars are floating. I've got to pee. Now!"

"What's the plan?

"I don't want to hike up the incline and into the woods. I'm afraid that I'll fall. I see women squatting behind open car doors. I'll do that. I want you outside, standing in front of me and being my fourth partition."

"Okay."

They exited their car and opened both driver-side doors. Gwyn squatted between them. Across from her was the side panel and cargo bed of a Ford pickup truck.

Gary stood facing her.

She blushed and said, "You bastard! You're going to watch me, aren't you?"

"Yep."

She unzipped her coat, lifted her skirt, slid her underwear to one side, and peed.

"Nice," her husband said as he stared at her brown bush.

"You pervert," she spat out with pretended venom.

When she finished, she wiped and dropped the tissue. She stood, straightened her clothes, and got into the car.

"Hey! Don't you want to watch me pee?" Gary teased.

"Hell no! It's cold out here."

She slammed the door closed.

Gary peed in the snow. He closed the other door and climbed into the car.

"Put the heat on!" Gwyn demanded.

Gary started the car and turned the heat on high.

^^^

Edith gripped the steering wheel, peered out the windshield, and said, "Damn it. There's no movement. No signs of us getting out of here. I'm not risking a UTI. I'll pee in the snow like a savage, but first..."

She hiked up her skirt and exposed a fine pair of legs encased in silk stocking held in place by a garter belt.

Hugh saw the straps and clasps.

Edith reached under her skirt, removed a pair of black silk panties, and placed them on the dashboard.

She looked at the grandson and explained, "These are real silk and expensive. I'm not risking damaging them. Get out of the car and come around to help me. I have a bad hip. Squatting is difficult for me. I may need your assistance."

They got out of the car. They were in the middle lane and had cars and trucks on all sides. She said, "I think in front of our car is the most private spot. We have a box truck on one side."

She laughed and added, "Who wants to look at my saggy sixty-five-year-old ass anyway. Stand beside me. I may need help getting up and bending down."