Twins Pt. 01

Story Info
Twins separated early meet and find they have special powers.
29.7k words
4.73
7.3k
21

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 07/12/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Firefly1z
Firefly1z
343 Followers

Part One - Two Become One.

Categories: Teens, mental abilities, amateur detectives, sex, violence, love.

Chapter One.

Mr and Mrs Smith had had their problems over the years, they were thirty somethings and had worked hard to get where they were with a nice detached house in a medium sized town, an hour from the city. Graham worked long hours in the city, usually getting home quite late and tired from the stress of his job and the commuting. Barbara worked full time as a local accountant and she also arrived home tired and in need of a glass of red or two.

Somehow they managed to find time for occasional sex, then everything changed. Barbara became pregnant and was none too happy about it because they hadn't used contraceptives after the first two years of marriage in order to start a family. After another five years there still weren't any children so they gave up and concentrated on their respective careers, house and expensive holidays, thinking children were not going to be for them, so to be suddenly pregnant was not in their plans.

Graham was happy that his wife was expecting but Barbara was definitely not, she had built up her business over the years and was not about to sell it to raise a child. This caused some friction between them but in the end she grudgingly accepted the fact, but planned to get a nanny so that she could get back to work as soon as possible after the birth. The next news was surprising, she came home from the ultra-sound check and told Graham she was going to have twins. He was quite happy as they had wanted two children right from the start although an age gap between them was originally expected.

Barbara carried to full term, only going to work occasionally to supervise the assistant she had left in charge while she was indisposed, as she put it. The deliveries were normal and only took a couple of hours, then after being checked that all was in order, the new parents were presented with their twins. The elder by five minutes was a boy they called Adam and the girl was called Alison, both were a healthy eight pounds and hungry straight away so even as Barbara was being wheeled back to the ward, she had a hungry baby on each breast.

After a few days she was allowed home and settled down to a hectic life of night feeds and changing nappies, grabbing sleep when she could, at least the twins both slept at the same time, so she had time to herself but no time for Graham. He helped when he could but still had to go to work, so they hired a cleaner to come in three days a week to do all the housework and the laundry.

The main problem was that she missed her work and was jealous of Graham getting away from the twins to go to work, where she was attending to them all day every day. This started to cause bitter rows and even though the Grand Parents came and stayed to help occasionally, things slowly got worse, there was even some talk of divorce.

Meanwhile the twins were growing and soon started to crawl, slowly exploring their surroundings but as soon as they were out of sight of each other they would cry, until they were put back together, then they were happy again, there seemed to be real bond between them.

Barbara and Graham decided to have a holiday on their own to try and sort things out and make a concerted effort to save their marriage. The children were now eighteen months old and would be left with the grandparents, one week with each to be fair, as it was only going to be for two weeks. Things were arranged, the twins would not be split up, they would be delivered to Grahams parents on the north side of town for the first week and then they would delivered them to Barbara's parents in the western suburbs. They drove to the airport to fly to Egypt for the fortnight.

The holiday started well, they saw the sights and took a couple of tours and really enjoyed their time together, even the sex was good and they called home to check up on the twins every day. Apparently they were not too happy about being separated from their parents but were settling down with a lot of fuss being made of them.

Graham and Barbara decided to go on a tour to The Valley of the Kings and see the pyramids but while they were there, a group of terrorists attacked the area, firing machine guns at anyone and everyone they could see, tourists and Egyptians alike. Dozens of people were killed or wounded in the onslaught, until the police shot the most of the terrorists, capturing only three wounded ones, but Graham and Barbara were among the victims, both had been killed, Graham was found lying over Barbara, trying to protect her.

Using passenger manifests, passports and hotel registers, the victims were identified in a few days and the next of kin informed and in due course the bodies were shipped home.

After the funerals everything was left in the hands of the solicitor for settlement of their estate, everything would be sold and put into a trust fund for each of the children, with a monthly payment made to the people bringing them up. Both grand parents wanted custody of the children and would not talk to each other, so the children were taken into care and put with foster parents until things were settled.

At the court proceedings the judge decided that one child would live with each set of grandparents, not realising how hard that was going to be on them, being twins. Adam would live with his father's parents, Barry and Alice Smith in the north part of town and Alison would live with Barbara's parents, Steven and Marie Jones in the south-west but still neither family were speaking to the other.

Time went by and the children grew, Barry and Alice, and Steven and Marie each adopted their relevant child but each one thought that they were an only child of older parents, because there were no meetings between the families and they were never mentioned. There was just one small snag, each child had a small nagging feeling that something was missing from their lives but were too young to ask what it could be.

Chapter Two.

Adam.

Adam Smith was rather a quiet boy, he liked to play on his own and generally keep out of the way of his father, who was quite a stern man who didn't show much emotion, he was old in Adam's eyes but still went to work all week and just liked to work in his garden and watch TV on the weekends. His mother was much nicer and loved to have cuddles with him when her husband was at work.

She did all the cooking and cleaning, with Adam sometimes helping her and she would help him put away his toys before his father came home from work. She also read him bedtime stories every night and taught him to read, write basic words and count up to twenty, even some basic maths. There was not a lot of money coming in to the house, Barry was a storeman on basic wages; there was some child support money and an amount from Adam's trust fund from his parent's estate.

He was soon old enough to start school and did quite well as he had a good grounding in the three 'R's. He made some new friends and loved football and running games. One evening he asked his Mom,

"Who was Graham and why was Barbara bad and who's Alison?" they both stared at him in shock, as they had never mentioned his real parents or sister in front of him, thinking they would tell him the truth when he was older and could understand.

"Have you been listening outside the door when you should have been in bed Adam?" His father shouted, "Now go to bed and stay there and don't do it again!"

Adam tried to explain that he hadn't been listening, he just knew they'd been talking about those people and he wanted to know why. His father stood up and shouted again, so he ran to bed and cried, and sometime later his mom came in to see him.

"They were some people we loved, who died and it upset us to talk about them, so don't say any more about them, okay." she told him.

"OK, mom" he replied but one name... Alison...

Adam also found that if he asked for a biscuit and his mom said "No," he could think hard and she would change her mind and give him one. He called it his 'Push' and would use it for all sorts of things he wanted, which had been refused the first time he asked. He had to be careful not to 'Push' too hard, when he was eight he tried with his father one day who suddenly put his hands to his head in obvious pain.

He stopped and the pain went away, it was a bit scary at the time but something to remember.

Another use was at school if one of the bigger kids tried to push him around. He would concentrate and say "Leave me alone!" and he did, to his surprise the first time it happened but if it was a gang of boys he found her couldn't 'Push' more than one at a time so he had to concentrate of the leader.

The next odd thing was when a big boy tried to pick a fight with him and wouldn't 'leave him alone.'

The boy pushed him but when he pushed back angrily, the boy fell over backwards hard and Adam followed this up by standing over him and shouted, "LEAVE ME ALONE!" He never had trouble with that boy again. This left him wondering if he had the strength to push him over or was it the 'Push' so he experimented in his room, trying to push soldiers over or tom get toy cars to move, with varying degrees of success.

He could knock over one soldier but not two and he could start a car moving but not stop it. Also when a teacher was trying to make them understand something, if he concentrated, he could see pictures in his mind of what they were visualising and this made learning easier and quicker.

His ability to see pictures in people's minds was strange and difficult to understand, but he practiced on his parents, carefully. There were some things that were kept hidden, something about those two people, he thought they were dead, but he didn't understand why his parents got so upset about them, and this Alison... he dreamed about her but didn't know anyone with that name, maybe someday he would find out.

Alison.

Steven and Marie Jones were loving parents and also were better off financially than the Smiths as Steven worked in an office in the city for a big insurance company. Marie worked part time for a local real estate company, but when eighteen month old Alison came to them she gave up her job to be a full time mother again.

They knew there was something special about their granddaughter but had no idea what it was but it didn't matter as the little girl was a happy and bubbly child who loved to have cuddles with her parents.

Marie read to Alison a lot and as she grew up, she taught her to read basic children's books, count and write her alphabet and her name by the time she started school.

Alison knew she was loved but sometimes she wanted something nice like a biscuit and mommy said no, but if she tried hard and looked at her sweetly she would change her mind, it worked on daddy too. One day mommy had taken her shopping and she saw another mommy and her little girl had an ice cream so she wanted one too but mommy said it would soon be lunch time.

Alison smiled sweetly and thought at her mommy hard as she desperately wanted that ice cream but mommy cried and held her head and the little girl was sorry she had hurt her mommy and cried too. Her mommy got better quickly and cuddled Alison and she was happy again, but she would be more careful.

She started school and made lots of new friends but there were a couple of mean girls and boys who pushed her around, she concentrated and told them to 'go away' and they did. She found out that her friends couldn't 'think' like her and make it happen because a mean girl started hitting her friend so she went to help and thought 'go away' but she didn't so Alison pushed the girl and she fell over hard and cried but didn't hit her friend again.

She thought it was strange because the mean girl was a lot bigger than her so in the quiet of her bedroom she experimented with pencils and found that she could make them roll if she thought hard. After a few weeks she could knock over her dolls but kept it a secret from everyone.

She was good at her classes and learned quickly because when the teacher was explaining something Alison could see pictures of what it should look like, which made it a lot easier to understand. She also helped her friends to understand by describing what she saw so they did better too. She loved sports too and was good individually and in a team, she found that she could make the opposition players move the wrong way by thinking at them and started to try to move more than one but it was a lot harder.

She woke up one morning and heard her parents talking, which was strange as they were downstairs in the kitchen. She dressed for school and went down for breakfast,

"Who are Graham, Barbara and Adam?" She asked innocently. Her parents looked surprised.

"Where did you hear those names honey?" Her father asked.

"I woke up and heard you talking about them" she said.

"Were you outside the door?" Mommy asked.

"No, I just woke up, heard you talking then I got up and washed and dressed and came down for breakfast" she replied.

"They are some people we used to know but they don't want to speak to us anymore." Marie continued.

"That's sad Mommy." She said as she continued to eat, leaving her parents confused. While Marie drove her to school the girl had a funny feeling about the name Adam... she started to dream about him occasionally but couldn't remember his face and she didn't know anyone with that name.

Over the next six years the two children grew up, making friends and enemies, as children do, having holidays by the sea for one. Holidays abroad and at home for the other, both practicing their strange skills carefully, out of sight of parents and friends alike, and wondering... Who?

Chapter Three.

The time came for them to go to secondary school and both sets of parents chose the same school, the Smith's because it was close to home and the Jones's because it was the best educationally, in the area. All the children in the new first year were taken to the assembly room to be allocated to their classes.

Adam and Alison were in the one hundred and eighty new children, who were grouped in their junior schools, ready to be allocated to their new teachers by order of their previous exam results.

Their groups were half way towards the back of the room and six teachers were spaced out at the front, below the stage where the Headmaster stood, ready to read out their names.

Adam could feel something strange, something in his head or someone... someone else's thoughts and it was a girl, wow! Alison had the same feeling, a boy's thoughts... yuk! She thought, but there was something nice too... something...?

#Who are you? # Thought Adam.

*I'm Alison, who are you?* She thought back.

#I'm Adam and I've dreamed of you. #

*I've dreamed of you too, can you push things around?* Alison asked.

#Yes, can you make people do things? #

*Yes, why...* They were interrupted by the Headmaster welcoming them to the school, he introduced each of the teachers and told the children that when their name was called they were to go to the allocated teacher.

Alison was a 'J' for Jones so was called quite early but Adam didn't see her so he had to wait and being a 'S' for Smith, he was near the end but he remembered the teacher she had gone to and hoped he would go there too. He felt her mentally cheer when he was allocated the same teacher and went to stand in that group.

#What do you look like Alison? # he asked.

*Blue sweater and long black hair in a ponytail* she replied, *What about you? *

#Red sweater and scratching my head.# He laughed mentally and saw this pretty girl turn around and smile, #Wow, pretty... but you look like me too.#

*Thank you, you look nice too and a lot like me, that's strange...*

#Oh, I didn't mean to think that to you but... I meant it.# Adam said, embarrassed.

* I've never had to stop a thought before either, maybe we can practice together.* and he felt her smile.

#Yeah, that could be fun and work out why it's just us who can do this.#

Just then the teacher, Mrs Lovett, led them away to their form classroom, and Adam worked his way through the group until he was next to Alison.

#Hi.# he said.

*Hi.* she answered, *Let's sit together if we can.*

Unfortunately for them, the boys were allocated desks on one side of the room and the girls on the other. Everyone had to fill in personnel forms with names of next of kin and addresses and phone number, then stand up and introduce themselves to the class and say what their hobbies were and things like that, Adam and Alison had to concentrate and not look at each other.

*This is going to be hard because we have to study and we have separate playgrounds.* she thought.

#We need to find out how far apart we can get before we lose this... whatever this is.# he replied, #We can try it at break time.#

*Okay Adam.*

Part of each playground was visible to the other with the electronically gated access driveway for maintenance vehicles and deliveries in between. They stood in sight of each other and slowly moved further into their respective playgrounds and still could talk but not so well once the wing of the building was in the way.

They moved to the farthest points from each other and lost the connection completely. The bell sounded and they went to their first lesson, double maths which was okay as they were both good at it. Lunch sittings were at separate times, girls first and boys afterwards but there was some overlap if all the girls tables were not filled.

Alison made sure she was one of the last ones to go in and Adam used his 'Push' to get to the front of the boys queue and was allowed in with a couple of others to fill the last table and sit next to Alison with his tray.

They were about to start eating but both went for the salt pot together and their hands touched... There was a mental explosion like a massive firework going off, girls were screaming all around them and the other two boys looked stunned as were Adam and Alison.

Teachers ran to those affected but couldn't make any sense of what they were saying, Adam and Alison stared at each other.

*D-d-did we just d-do that?* She stammered.

#I-I-I think so, what was that, I saw fireworks and you... all of you... you are my sister! # Adam spluttered.

*We're twins, I remember my parents talking about you...*

#But they're not our parents, they're our grandparents, our parents are dead!#

*We'd better not touch like that again unless we're on our own, we could hurt someone, pretend to be like them or we'll be in trouble.* Alison explained, so they faked it and nobody knew what the cause was but all the children were fine after a couple of minutes.

At the end of their very eventful first school day Alison said that she would see what she could find out on-line using her laptop that evening but Adam couldn't because he wasn't allowed to use the family computer without supervision. They tested the distance again as Adam walked home and Alison went home on the school bus and faded out at about a hundred yards.

They both had to tell their 'parents' (not grandparents they decided), how their first day had gone and tried to avoid thinking about their real parents.

The next morning Adam waited by the school gates for Alison and picked her up as the bus came down the road.

#How did you get on Alison? # he asked.

*Quite well.* and she told him how their real parents had died in Egypt.

#Thanks, now what are we going to do about us? #

*We concentrate on our lessons and practice at break times but no touching at school!* she stated.

#Maybe we can meet in Winchester Park on Saturday and experiment; that touch made me so happy I could kiss you... Oops.#

*That's okay Adam, I feel the same way, as though we have known each other for years when it's only the second day* and she laughed and got strange look from the girl walking next to her, *oops.*

Firefly1z
Firefly1z
343 Followers
123456...8