Unbroken Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
vanalas
vanalas
226 Followers

"Please," The manager kept on begging. "Let us..."

"You want to appease me?" Luis asked, giving a bitter chuckle. And at the manager's nod, Luis knew what to do. "Then you can start by making sure that you get better staff. I am a really powerful person and I can ruin the reputation of this hotel if I tell..."

"Please, no," The manager threw himself to the floor. "Please, don't do that. I assure you that..."

"I am a gentle man and I will not involve my guards into this." He gave a bitter chuckle. "He humiliated me but I will deal with him later. And I think you should get better staff to work here. This has been the worst day of my life. A commoner just..." He sneered. "...I don't even know what..."

"Please, your highness..."

"And you actually watched while...anyway, forget it." He shrugged. "I have been humiliated and rest assured..."

"We won't let this go," The manager said softly, bowing his head. "I will personally deal with this matter. I will make sure that he is dealt with." Luis loved the sound of that. He was sure that the boy was surely gonna get something.

"I didn't do anything but that doesn't mean that I am dumb." He yelled. "I am the crown prince and this..."

"I will personally deal with it, your highness; just don't do anything to this hotel that will ruin it. I promise you will never experience anything like this."

Luis' mood didn't change even when he heard that the boy was gonna be dealt with. "I just hope that you'll be harsh with him."

"I am sorry. I will deal with it. Go home, my prince and you will never experience anything like this in our hotel."

"I hope so because I will vent it out on the hotel. I will make sure that all of you lose your jobs."

"Thanks," The manager said simply, bowing his head.

Hearing the manager's promise, Luis grunted and groaned in anger. Then with a final growl he stormed out of the restaurant, angry and raging. He was really hoping that the boy would be given a great lesson.

***

Adrian came out of the dressing room, repositioning his bag on his back. He was ready to go out as fast as he could. Somehow, he was feeling really nervous and he didn't like it. Once again, he had put the prince in his place but at what price, he thought as he increased his pace. He was heading for the door before he heard the manager's voice.

"Aidan?"

Aidan froze when he heard that voice which sounded...he couldn't even understand the way it sounded. He prayed in his heart, slowly turning to find the manager rushing towards him. He was looking as if he was having the worst of days. Aidan understood him anyway.

"Yes, sir." Aidan said softly, eyeing the coming man. The manager came in front of him and stared at him before he began speaking.

"Why did you do that?" the manager's voice sounded mad. "Why did you do that when you very well knew that he was the crown Prince...he was our guest. I specifically told you that he was really important to us. Do you know the implication of what you have done? He had almost ruined our hotel."

Aidan was quiet. He dropped his eyes to the floor, not even raising them to stare at his manager. He had never heard Mr. Sanders speak to him in that manner. It hurt.

"Didn't you hear what I asked?" The impatient man rasped. "Why did you do that?"

Hearing the tone of Mr. Sanders' voice, Aidan slowly raised his head and stared up at the man. "I am really sorry, sir." He apologized, hoping the man could understand him. "I didn't do anything wrong. It was his fault that I snapped and slapped him. He was..."

"He was what?" The manager rasped. "He is the crown prince and you didn't have to humiliate him. He is royalty and he is powerful. Because of you, I had to beg him to understand us."

"Please, try to understand me, sir." Aidan mumbled. "The prince was harassing me. Try to put yourself in my shoes for once."

"And how did he..."

"He called me a whore." Aidan's eyes watered. "He patted on my butt and he said a whole lot of things to me. I couldn't help but get mad. I am only human and just because he is the prince don't make him immune. I am also human and I am sorry, I couldn't help it."

The manager just nodded at the tone used by Aidan. "You have been really good. What happened?" His voice was soft and the question was filled with curiosity.

"I am so, sorry."

"This is the crown prince we are talking about here." The manager yelled. "He is going to be the next king and you just humiliated. You know how news travels. By the time you know it this will be all over town. The king will hear about it and..." he sighed. "...do you know what I had to do just to make him calm?"

"I am sorry," Aidan muttered, dropping his eyes to the floor. At times, he felt really bad for causing the manager so much trouble. He was a really good man and didn't deserve that.

"I had to beg him...I had to kneel and beg before he withdrew the threat he had given me." The manager's voice was rising and Aidan was sure that everyone heard. "People watched while I begged him. People watched while you humiliated him. The prince is royalty and he comes from the highest class. He is a blue blood and you just humiliated him in our hotel restaurant. You just created a bad impression about our work in this hotel. I employed you here and therefore, my job is on the line here. I wonder what will happen when the owner hears of this."

Aidan raised his face and stared at the panting man. "I am truly sorry." He apologized. "I wouldn't have done what I did if it had not been for the prince."

"And you didn't even apologize."

"He wronged me. He was on the wrong here."

"Aidan!" The manager said softly, feeling really bad for what he was going to say. "You have been a really good boy and your work has been splendid ever since you started working here. We have not received any complaints until today and that came from a prince." He sighed. Aidan just wanted to be understood. "You humiliated him and everyone saw that. Your work has been splendid so far and we have grown to love you but..." He took a deep breath and sighed. "...we can't have you here anymore. You are fired."

The word 'fire' hit Aidan's mind so hard that he even lost his breath. He couldn't breathe anymore. He felt like someone had just killed him. His heart responded by pounding deep in his chest. His chest tightened with each passing second and tears built in his eyes. He felt a sharp pain flash through him. Fuck! This was the first time he felt as bad as that. The little money he had been making, mixed with Ethan's money had been helping with the food but now, what was going on?

"What?" Aidan gasped, feeling a sharp pain hit him when he actually breathed. "Why?" Tears poured down his face like, wetting his face. He didn't even bother to wipe them.

"You are a very good boy, Aidan." The manager said. He was really hurt. "You have done your job well and even your cooking is superb. That was until today. With what happened, we can't have you around here anymore. Your presence will..."

"Please..." Aidan sobbed, feeling warm tears flooding his face. "You know of my financial status and what will happen if I..."

"I do understand you." The manager sighed, taking slow deep breaths. "This hurts me too but I have no choice. You are fired. You can go home. Don't come back tomorrow or...ever."

Aidan felt really bad. "You know how I struggled to get a job," Aidan cried, getting hold of the manager's hands. "You know that I am really hard working. You know that I am committed to this job. I am ready for anything. I will even..."

"I am sorry," the manager released his hands from Aidan's. "This is more complicated than you think. The reputation of this hotel is at stake. Not to talk about the reputation of the hotel, my own job is at stake here. I can't risk anymore things. You are fired and you have to leave this hotel immediately. You have really, really disappointed me."

"Sir..." Aidan trailed off. He felt a huge lump in his throat. It was really painful. He had just found a job after looking all around for more than a month. And now he had lost it all because of the prince? Why was this happening to him? God! The pain had hit so hard.

"I am sorry. But there is nothing I can do." The manager made a quick turn and left, leaving Aidan confused, shocked and in tears.

Seeing the manager leaving, Aidan began thinking about what had just happened. He wanted to understand that everything was just a dream but it was a reality. He had just lost his job after days of struggling. He couldn't believe it. It was a dream. He wanted to wake up and God knows he wanted that job. He hit himself just to make himself believe that he was in a dream but it was reality.

The news hit him so hard that tears stopped pouring down his face. He just gasped and tried to breathe calmly but he couldn't. He kept hearing the manager's voice telling him that he was fired. And each time he heard that voice, his heard pulsed. The pain he felt was too much. Having a job had been fun and it actually added to what they had each day. How was he gonna explain how he lost his job.

Aidan leaned to wall thinking and going back a few minutes back to the time the manager had asked him to wait a table. Had he just said 'no' none of that would have happened? He would have been at home and his job would have been with him. And if not for the prince, he would have been happy with his job, getting his salary. But now he was fired, without any idea how to break the news to his family. Had the prince just left him alone, none of that would have happened. But there was nothing he could do. The prince had probably got what he wanted. He just hoped his family would understand him. What was he even saying? Of course, they were gonna understand him. As for the prince, Aidan had no words at all. One thing was for sure, he never regretted everything he did. After all, he just protected his pride.

Aidan moved away from the wall and stood confidently. He then brought his hand up and began wiping his face, rubbing his tears. He then took a deep breath, looking all around. He sure was gonna miss that place which had become a part of him, literally.

With one final long look, Aidan moved his eyes away, rubbing his tears for the last time. He didn't want people to ask questions. He then took a really deep breath and gave a gloomy sigh. Aiden then held on to the bag and left the hotel.

***

Thank you for reading the second of my story. I just hope it was interesting. Tell me about what you think of the story so far? Don't forget to drop your comments and rates. The third chapter is on its way. Stay tuned...

vanalas
vanalas
226 Followers