Unforeseen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I stopped myself from continuing, realizing that I wasn't about to explain why I went there.

"Yeah, we know already, it's fine," Mom said, "I told her that she shouldn't blame herself, but you know your sister. She's always looked out for you."

Mary looked at me frantically and shook her head. I was just clearheaded enough to understand that I didn't know what was going on. I stayed silent.

"I told mom that I'd forgotten to bring pads and I didn't realize it until it was already late. We couldn't find any, and I was going to go out and get some, but you wouldn't let me, saying it was too dangerous for me to go at 4 am, and there was no sense in both of us going. I guess...you were right."

"It was bad luck."

"It doesn't feel like luck, TK. It feels like punishment."

Chelsea just kept holding my hand, but Mom looked askance at her, sensing deeper meaning but unable to decipher it.

"Maybe it's just the price that had to be paid. It was worth it."

She sighed. Mom made a concerned noise. I realized that she was about to start digging. I cut her off.

"We're talking again, Mom. We had a big fight over...well, silly stuff but we hurt each other. We talked on the way back from the airport and more at home and we..."

"Worked things out," Mary finished for me with a smug little smirk.

"Oh, good," Chelsea said quietly. We'd all more or less forgotten about her for a moment, which was itself a bit dangerous. She was and remains a brilliant girl.

Despite being happy to see them and having been awake for, at most, an hour, I felt my lids begin to drop as the ache in my side lessened. They must have increased my pain med drip for the night.

I guess I said goodbye to them, but I don't remember it.

* * *

I remembered the future visits. Almost all of them came daily. Mary tried to get time to talk to me alone each day, and I appreciated it. Although they were serious talks, there was joy in them. Neither of us had changed our minds about how we felt and our intentions for the future.

Towards the end when I was so frustrated at being unable to fuck her that I thought I'd lose my mind, she even gave me a stealthy but very loving hand job. God bless her.

Things weren't all great. I didn't get out for another week. The wound wasn't even that bad, but there was an infection. Thankfully, it was minor. The physical therapy was at times grueling and took months. Anyone who's been there can understand and a lot of people who haven't have had to witness a loved one deal with that kind of suffering. It was still worth it.

I missed out on the next semester of college, which couldn't be helped, but despite her complaints, I insisted that Mary go back. She was close to completion, and she thought she might only need another half-year to get her bachelors. Then she could look for Master's programs closer to home.

Rebecca repaid all the help I gave her and more. I had a great deal more respect for her now. My own injuries were much less extensive, and even my therapy was less painful. She was driving by then and made sure I got to each appointment, which was good because Mom's work was keeping her on the road a lot. Chelsea was ridiculously helpful too, although she treated me a bit like fine china that might shatter at any moment.

Things became, well, normal. Normal for us anyway.

I continued my affair with Mary. Although I guess you couldn't call it that anymore. We were still passionate, and we still kept it a total secret, but it felt committed. We never used the word marriage, but all that was missing was an engagement ring. We always found time for each other over the next year, and by the end, we were talking about finding a place together and reasons for it that we could give to others.

When Mary graduated, she got a research assistant position as a part of her Master's program. I was working by then, and together we could afford to rent a small, but beautiful house in the country about halfway between our hometown and where her new college was located. It was close enough for both our sakes. We were, of course, living together to "save money." Mom was just happy to see us out on her own, although she kept offering to pay for things.

The only one I ever worried about figuring things out was Chelsea, but she hasn't so far. She comes over fairly often for pizza and board games. She likes that our house is so private and surrounded by woods. I think its kind of magical for her.

It is for Mary and me too. Sure we're both busy with class and work, but we have evenings together, and most weekends. In those times, our small home, a cottage really, becomes a place where we can be ourselves. It's also secluded enough to safely make love in the back yard, which is a pleasant diversion.

Do we fight? Yes. Is Mary still possessive at times? Sure. Am I periodically thoughtless? Absolutely. We work it out. Always. In fact, that's really the only thing I'm entirely sure of.

Maybe things will change. Perhaps she'll have to move away for work, or I'll have to take a job elsewhere. We don't know. It sometimes still feels like god or fate or the universe wants us to be apart, to stop violating the ancient and obsolete taboo. But we won't.

We won't give up on each other. We won't stop loving each other. We won't stop working to be better for each other. Ever.

In the end, that's enough for me.

1...5678910