Unrequited Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was silence for a second while I cringed internally. "Oh, OK. She doesn't have family? That's nice of you to invite her. She could probably use the downstairs sofa. Emma will be in the guestroom. I could..."

Kayleigh giggled while I shook my head. "No, Mom. Kayleigh is my girlfriend, as in romantic partner. And she'll sleep in my room with me. We'll probably be headed to her family's in Kansas City the next day."

"Oh, okay, sweetheart." I could almost hear her heart breaking, and her world crashing down in her voice, but at least she was trying.

"Thanks, Mom. I love you. Can I talk to Dad?"

She wasn't quite able to fight back a sob as she took the phone to my father, and told him who it was. Initially he thought something was wrong, but when I explained he was very enthusiastic, even talking to Kayleigh for a moment to express his excitement to meet her.

When I hung up Kayleigh pulled out her phone and we repeated the call, this time to her parents. No drama there, of course, since I'd been a primary topic of conversation the entirety of the weekend.

As soon as Kayleigh disconnected she ran her fingers through my hair, leaning against me. "I guess we're really doing this."

"Yeah." I stared into her eyes. "You know you're the first girl I've ever brought home."

Kayleigh touched my cheek. "Are you nervous?"

"Maybe a little. But it feels right. I know I love you, and I want my family to know you." And I did. I could feel the ring of truth in my words. It was always so easy when Kayleigh was here, in my arms, pressed against me with perfect intimacy. It was when we were apart that I doubted.

I put my hand behind her, caressing her neck. "You know I'm committed, right? I want this to work?"

Tears swam in Kayleigh's eyes, and she kissed me deeply. After a few glorious moments Kayleigh's lips moved down to my neck as she slid out of my lap and onto her knees in front of me. Her hands ran up my legs, pushing the long sweater I was wearing up past my hips.

I lifted up to assist, and she hooked the waistband of my leggings and pulled them off in one smooth motion, taking my panties with them.

I spread my legs and lay back as Kayleigh's lips planted delicate kisses along my inner thigh. My little lover hadn't lost any of her fascination with my capacity for multiple orgasms, and she had taken on an almost scholastic approach to determining just how to make that happen. From the look on her face as her tongue swirled through my folds, I knew I was about to get a very practical demonstration of what she'd learned.

Several hours later we were lying in bed, naked, sated bodies entwined together. I kissed Kayleigh's forehead, earning a happy, contented side as my lover relaxed towards sleep.

Kayleigh sighed. "Mmm, so comfy."

"Sleep well, my love."

I could feel her grin as her arms tightened around my waist and back, her voice sleepy. "You'll still be here when I wake up, right?"

"Of course. "

"Good, then I will."

I felt a rush of shame pass through me that she even had to ask the question, albeit playfully. As her breathing evened out I marveled how perfectly our bodies fit together. Maybe I could do this, live with Kayleigh, be with her every night, so she'd never have to question my devotion. And then, maybe, neither would I.

*****

"So, nervous?" I put my car in park and looked over at Kayleigh, who was staring at my parents' house like it was a fortress to be stormed, with equal parts fear and resolve.

She didn't look at me. "Of course not. Nervous doesn't begin to cover it."

"I told you, they're going to love you." Kayleigh gave me a look that told me I was full of it, and I answered with a weak grin. "Okay, my dad is going to love you." I grimaced and shrugged. "My mom is going to be disappointed you have breasts instead of, well, more masculine parts, but she'll get over it." I hoped that was true, anyway.

It was Wednesday evening, the day before Thanksgiving. Natalie, Greg, and Emma wouldn't be here until tomorrow. I'd decided to bring Kayleigh out a day earlier than strictly necessary so Mom and Dad could really meet my girlfriend. Tomorrow would be a zoo, with my aunt and uncle, grandma, and at a minimum my cousin Katie and her family of five.

Mostly I didn't want my mom to have the option of ignoring Kayleigh, because if there's one dysfunctional thing Mom was good at, it's pretending things she didn't want to happen weren't, in fact, happening.

Kayleigh put her hand on mine. "You OK? Now you're nervous."

I smiled and shook my head. "Come on, let's get this over with." My hand slipped into Kayleigh's as we went up the walk.

The front door was unlocked so I pushed it open and stepped into the foyer. "Mom? Dad? We're here!"

Kayleigh moved past me into the warmth of the house, and I pulled the door shut behind us. As I turned back my mother bustled in from the kitchen.

"Beth, you're so late!"

I laughed as my mom wrapped me in a hug. "We're right on time. I told you when we'd get here."

She let me go with a pat on the cheek before turning to Kayleigh. "This must be your friend."

I closed my eyes and gathered myself. "Mom, this is my girlfriend, Kayleigh O'Malley." I stared her down, my eyes both telling and asking her not to cause a problem. After a moment she nodded and held out her hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Kayleigh."

Kayleigh took mom's hand, wearing her most disarming smile. "Thanks for inviting me, Mrs. Hauser."

"Well, come on in, let me take your coats."

As Kayleigh untied and pulled off her black, double-breasted jacket I noted that mom hadn't offered the use of her first name. That would be interesting, as mom went by Annie, short for Annabelle, which she hated. I warned Kayleigh about the situation, but I didn't want mom to have any additional reasons to dislike her.

I pulled off my own coat. "Do you want me to get those, Mom?"

She shook her head. "I'll take care of it, go say 'hi' to your father."

The forced politeness was evident in her voice, but at least she was trying, so I decided to just count my blessings and head into the family room for what would likely be a far warmer greeting.

Dad was already standing up as we made our entrance, wearing a wide smile and warmly shaking Kayleigh's hand.

"It's great to finally meet you, Kayleigh. I've heard a lot about you." I gave dad a quizzical look. I'd only talked to him once or twice about her. "Not just from you, Beth. Do you think your sister hasn't called to dish on her sister's pretty new girlfriend?"

"What did she say?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He turned away from me and clapped his hands. "So, Kayleigh, tell me about yourself." He motioned toward the sofa as he settled back into his easy chair.

"Well, I was born and raised in Kansas City, Kansas, on the other side of the river, and most of my family still lives in the area."

Mom interrupted, coming in with a tray of sliced salami, cheese, and crackers. "I know you girls said you already ate, but I got this in case you were hungry."

"Thanks, mom." She sat the tray down, along with a small stack of little plates

Dad leaned forward and grabbed one. "Thanks, sweetheart."

"Yes, thank you, Mrs. Hauser." Kayleigh followed suit with my dad, grabbing a plate, and I got the impression that she was just being polite more than she was hungry.

"You're very welcome, dear." I could tell mom's smile was forced. She disappeared back into the kitchen. Dad started asking Kayleigh friendly questions about her schooling and childhood, and she answered with her normal wit and dry sense of humor. I just let them go, smiling inwardly at how easily the conversation was flowing. Mom stayed in the kitchen, though, and after a while I started to worry.

I leaned in close to Kayleigh. "Sweetie, I'm going to go check on my mom."

She nodded, and as I stood up I pointed at my dad. "Don't scare her off."

"Bah. Now," he turned back to Kayleigh, "when she was eight we were all up at Rock Bridge, and..."

I rolled my eyes and headed out. I've heard that story a million times. I still don't remember it being that big of a deal. I'd known the whole time how to get back to the campsite.

Mom was doing something at the counter when I entered the kitchen. "Hey, Mom. You OK?"

"Oh, hi, sweetheart." Her voice was thick with emotion that she was trying to hide. "Sorry. Just trying to get a head start on tomorrow, you know."

I mostly held back my exasperated sigh. "Mom, I brought Kayleigh here tonight so you could get to know her. I'll help you with all this stuff in the morning. Promise."

"I know, I just," she dried her hands on her apron, glancing nervously towards the family room, where my father's animated voice was in full storyteller mode, punctuated by Kayleigh's soprano laughter. "I don't know." When she turned back there were tears in her eyes, which she tried to hide.

"Mom, do you remember when I told you I was gay?" Mom nodded, not looking at me, so I continued. "It was the scariest thing I'd ever done, but you were there, you and Daddy and Natalie, and I got through it. Because I trusted you, all of you. So you can trust me, ask me any question." I smiled and took her hand. "I promise I won't judge. I love you."

Mom sobbed once as I said it, and I pulled her into a hug, holding her for a long moment before letting go and looking into her eyes. "Now what's going on?"

I've never seen such abject misery there, so much pain and shame. I let her tears run for a bit, waiting for her to break the silence. I never could have predicted what came next.

"I love you, too. Oh, Bethany, I'm so sorry."

"For what?"

"For whatever I did. I know it's my fault."

I kept my voice soft and kind. "What are you talking about? Do you mean me being gay?" Mom nodded, her lip quivering.

"Mom, how could you possibly think that me being a lesbian is your fault?"

"Um," she wiped her eyes, looking up at the ceiling and gathering her strength, "After you told us that, you know, I went down to the church library and looked at a book there. It said that, you know, it, was due to the same sex parent, the bond is not forming properly. That I hadn't loved you enough, or that I'd done something. I'm so sorry." With that my mother broke down again, and my heart twisted in my chest as I pulled her close, letting her weep on my shoulder.

"Oh, no. No, no, no, you didn't do anything, Mom. It's not your fault. It's not anyone's fault. Hey, look at me." I pulled away and lifted her chin, forcing her to meet my eyes. "There's nothing wrong with me. I mean, I'm not perfect, but no one is. But me being gay isn't one of my flaws. No one made me this way, except for God. It wasn't a mistake or an accident."

"But..."

"But nothing. That book you read is trash, trying to assign blame for something no one has any control over." I wiped away the tears forming in my own eyes and forced myself to smile. "Think about it. When you were a girl, did you choose to like boys?"

Mom gave a weak grin and shook her head. "No."

"I didn't choose to be attracted to girls. But I am. It's not always easy, but I wouldn't change it if I could. And I had a wonderful childhood, with a mother I always knew loved me." Tears were rolling down my cheeks now. "She was the best. She still is." She pulled me into a hug, and we embraced and cried.

When we finally separated I wiped my tears away. "Now, I brought home an amazing woman. She's very special to me, and I want you to get to know her. Okay? Can you do that? For me?"

"Okay, sweetheart."

I led her into the living room and she sat in her chair as I slid in next to Kayleigh.

"So Kayleigh, tell me about yourself. Where are you from?"

I smiled inwardly as Kayleigh repeated the information my dad had asked for earlier. I wish I could tell you all mom's doubts and insecurities evaporated after our little heart-to-heart, but that would be a lie. She did seem to be really trying, though, to keep an open mind. Of course, it helped that the woman on my arm was a doctor and the fact that Kayleigh was effortlessly charming, just being her normal, witty self.

*****

"You had them eating out of the palm of your hand."

Kayleigh giggled. "The secret is paying their daughter a lot of compliments. Works every time."

I pulled on my sleep pants and turned down my side of my childhood bed. It was only a queen, small compared to Kayleigh's king, but Kayleigh was a cuddler, much to my delight, and we rarely separated much during the night, so there was still plenty of room.

I watched as Kayleigh unclasped her bra. Her back was to me, and I was able to enjoy her lithe figure for a few moments before she pulled on one of her extra long T-shirts, which fell to mid thigh, and climbed in next to me.

"So is that what you do with all your new girlfriends?"

Kayleigh propped herself up on her elbow and shrugged. "I tried. With Patricia's parents, well, I never could figure them out. They were always sort of cold and distant. I was always wondering if they didn't like me, or the fact their daughter was gay, or a combination of both. But the more I think about it, it may have just been who they were. I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree."

"Patricia was distant, too?"

"Like I said, I felt like I had to fight for every inch of intimacy with her. Battle for every smile." She shook her head. "I guess I took it as a challenge."

I swallowed, suddenly nervous. "I don't make you feel like that, do I?"

A shadow passed over Kayleigh's eyes. She said that I didn't, but it wasn't the whole truth. I leaned in and kissed her temple, pushing back the rising shame. "I love you."

"I know, and I love you, too." Kayleigh moved closer so I could hold her. I tried not to read anything into the tone of her voice. I'd make myself crazy doing that, so I just enjoyed the warmth of her against me.

Kayleigh kissed my shoulder, then my jaw before pulling away so we could look in each other's eyes. Her mischievous grin was back in place. "So, have you had a lot of girls in this bed?"

That made me laugh as I shook my head. "The only girl who's ever been in this bed is Sally, and that was always depressingly platonic."

"Well," My lover kissed me behind my ear, and that, combined with the seductive purr in her voice, made my whole body tremble. "You have one now. And the way she wants you is anything but platonic."

"Goody." I sighed and rolled onto my back as Kayleigh kissed her way down my neck and along my sternum. Her hand ran up over my leg and hip before sliding under my top, pushing the soft cotton material up over my breasts.

Kayleigh let out a mischievous coo, her eyes wide with adoring wonder. I stripped off my top as her mouth descended onto one of my nipples, sending streams of pleasure chasing themselves through my body.

I sank back into the bedding. Kayleigh really loved playing with my breasts, after all, and I knew she'd be at it a good long while. Not that I minded that in the slightest. In fact, I was just starting to wonder if that's as far as she'd want to go tonight when she started to kiss down over my belly.

I threw the covers aside so I wouldn't lose sight of her, before reaching down and grabbing the back of her nightshirt, which she let me pull up and over her head as she continued lower.

Her fingers hooked the waistband of my sleep pants, and I lifted my hips so she could strip them off, which she did in one fluid motion. My eyes fluttered closed as my spirit relaxed, preparing for the intense pleasure I knew was coming. There were a few glorious moments where I felt the warmth of Kayleigh's breath on my sex before the touch of her lips and tongue wiped the world away.

By the time she finished I was a delirious mess. How loud had I been? I mean, my parents were down the hall! Kayleigh didn't seem nervous as she kissed her way back up my body. She lingered a moment when our lips met, but only a few seconds, as she kept ascending until her hips were directly over my face. "My turn."

My only thought was, "Mmm, yummy," as she lowered herself to my waiting mouth, leaning forward slightly and grabbing my headboard to perfect the angle.

At least I didn't have to worry about being too loud in this position, and Kayleigh was anything but a screamer. I took her through a couple of what I thought were strong orgasms before she slid back down my body and into my arms.

I grinned at her. "There's an item off my bucket list."

"Glad I could be of assistance." She touched my face, looking into my eyes. "You were great."

"Me? Kayleigh, you're amazing. Every minute of every day, I am amazed by you." Each word was true, and her eyes teared up as we shared more sweet kisses, before I pulled the woman who loved me close, feeling her relax towards sleep.

*****

We didn't exactly get up with the chickens, but I had promised Mom I'd be of use, so we didn't sleep that late.

I left my still rousing girlfriend and slipped out into the hall toward the shower. I could already hear Mom bustling around in the kitchen, so I made it a quick one, and when I arrived downstairs Mom put me straight to work chopping onions and celery.

"You seem to have a glow about you this morning, honey. Sleep well?"

I tried to hide my blush. "Yeah, really well. Just happy to be home for the holiday." As I turned back to what I was doing Kayleigh stumbled into the kitchen, still wiping the sleep from her eyes.

I gave her a wry smile. "Hey, good morning."

"Morning, sweetheart." Kayleigh wrapped her arms around my waist, tilting her chin up for a kiss, which I happily provided.

When we separated Kayleigh grinned up at me before leaning her head on my shoulder and letting me hug her. I glanced at Mom as I held my girlfriend. I could tell she was watching out of the corner of her eye, but I couldn't read her expression.

Kayleigh separated from me. "Is there anything I can do to help, Mrs. Hauser?"

"Actually, can you peel potatoes? I hate to ask, since you're a guest."

"You didn't ask, I volunteered."

"Here, sweetie," I set down my knife and opened the utensil drawer, pulling out the potato peeler. "Where are the potatoes, Mom?"

She nodded toward the pantry, and I wasn't able to keep from laughing at Kayleigh's face when I dragged out two huge, ten-pound bags of russets.

I tilted my head, pretending to be surprised by Kayleigh's gape-mouthed expression. "It's a lot of people."

Kayleigh swallowed and nodded, her face morphing into a resolute stare. Mom handed her two bowls, and she set to it.

As we worked our way through the meal prep, Mom's attitude toward Kayleigh was quickly softening. Kayleigh was helpful but deferential, and she knew her way around the kitchen - which my old fashioned mother saw as a prerequisite for any proper young lady.

Natalie arrived around eleven, just as we were finishing prepping the twenty-eight pound turkey, and I watched Mom's surprised expression at how Emma's hug with Aunt Kayleigh was just as enthusiastic as her embrace with anyone else.

My Aunt Claire and Uncle Jerry made their appearance shortly thereafter, followed closely by my oldest cousin Erin and her crew, and the craziness was officially on. Obviously, with Kayleigh being the new face, she was the center of attention, but she handled it all with aplomb.

In the end all three of my cousins turned up, spouses and children in tow where applicable, and every one of the adults pulled me aside at some point to tell me how much they liked Kayleigh and how happy they were for me. I'd been out to everyone for almost a decade, but here, now, I really felt accepted.

In all, it was an almost perfect day. The turkey came out moist and delicious, there was plenty to go around, and Kayleigh was sleeping gently on my shoulder as we relaxed on the couch when the doorbell rang.