All Comments on 'Unwatchable Movies'

by LaRascasse

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 4 years ago
Lovely

A beautiful little romance.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 4 years ago

What a poignant tale! I felt for Matt and his plight, and you did a great job explaining that in the framework of the word limit. I was also glad that Pilar was there for him and to love him, while at the same time I wanted to chide her for being so discouraging to him even as they comfort each other.

He already knows he's going to die and has been forced to accept (and she mentions it, too), but then she notes that no one who walked through her door would be cured. Ouch! Perhaps she only deals with the worst of the Stage 4 cancer victims (after, like him, it has spread to other areas), that would be a discouraging comment to Matt. While probably needed for the story, it might have been a thought rather than the spoken word. Of course, they've probably had that conversation a number of times and we're only seeing it in this few minute encounter, so maybe it's not as out of place as it seems at first glance.

In the end, there's hope for their time remaining and for their child beyond Matt, and the closing brings the vignette full circle..

Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
DAMN!!! WHAT A DEBBIE DOWNER!!!

Ok, she's an oncologist. She comes off more like the grim reaper. "Don't get your hopes up", " there is no curing anyone who walks through my doors ". I sure wouldn't want my doctor to have that attitude. I certainly don't want my daughter's doctor to have that attitude. My family needs to have hope and a positive attitude that we can beat her cancer. It's true that we are all mortals and will die at some point. But cancer is not necessarily a death sentence.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
Wow! This was a weird twist.

I mean, really weird. And I’m not sure in a good way or a bad way.

4-stars

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 3 years ago

Wierd story, but good effort for 750 words. 4 stars,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sad but it has the feels of cancer and the fear that goes with it. Good writing.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 1 year ago

Sweetie is an unmarried oncologist who gets a referral of a rich guy who is in late stage 4 condition. The rich guy has no heirs. Sweetie marries him! Then Sweetie discourages his consideration of something that might give him a few more months … maybe even longer!

Am I too jaundiced if I suspect her motive for marrying him? I do believe she may actually see that movie … with the inheritance she will get!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 1 year ago

Just not sure how this is in LW. But LIT has no Gold-digger category.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLaRascasse@LaRascasse
I like writing. Trying my hand at erotic writing now. Other facts about me: Galactic powerbroker. Benevolent celestial overlord. Compulsive dreamer. Confirmed sapiosexual. Fanatic bibliophile. Had the original idea for Facebook while I was still in utero. Interested i...