All Comments on 'Ursula Ch. 09'

by OxfordAphro

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
GortmundyGortmundyabout 1 month ago

Starting to think N'Fala's a bit of a nasty piece of work, almost a villain. She doesnt care about Ursula. She betrayed her and is just using her, and using narcotics, sexual torture and punishment to keep her in line while pretending to "love" her. Yea, a very selfish and sadly unpleasant piece of work. Pity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This series continues to be delightful. There is something about sex and espionage that make them pair extremely well.

shmeckleshmeckleabout 1 month ago

I thought being Covenanted Bare was an intriguing idea when Penelope and Hermione were subjected to it in 'The Heiress'. They were in the provinces, though. I wondered what it would be like to be the only one permanently naked in a crowded city. Looks like poor Ursula gets to find out.

And Lady Ponsonby saying, "I hope to see more of you both later"? I like where I think this is going. I don't think our heroines will, though.

shmeckleshmeckleabout 1 month ago

I don't think N'Fala is a villain. It's alien to Ursula, but their relationship seems completely normal to N'Fala. In the society where she spent most of her life, it's acceptable for owners and slaves to be lovers.

If you want someone to blame, it could be N'Dula for not living up to their original agreement. Or you could even blame Ursula herself for not negotiating a "get out of slavery free card" before she committed to it.

Personally, I think she'd be happier in Natawe than in Britain. Imagine going from being always completely naked and lots of sex to always completely covered and no sex. I know which I'd choose (but that might just be my kink talking...)

GortmundyGortmundyabout 1 month ago

Shmeckle, you might very well be right, and I would have agreed, if she'd given her the choice. But she didnt. She betrayed the woman who saved her, and now is just using her, and using drugs to keep her in check. Not love, sadly, just usage. Its still a good story, and very enjoyable, dont get me wrong, I really like it, but no, Ursula is a victim here.

shmeckleshmeckleabout 1 month ago

But the "drugs", the aphrodisiac balm, had been around long before N'Fala came along. It's a part of their slave system. N'Dula used it on Ursula back in Britain even, and Ursula seemed to accept it as part of her slavery. N'Fala is just going along with their years-old practice.

I do appreciate that there is a power imbalance in play between the two. It's a D/s relationship that Ursula is still coming to terms with. I just don't think there's any malice on N'Fala's part.

GortmundyGortmundyabout 1 month ago

She's using so much that the girl is incapable of poaching an egg. And the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Regardless of malice her behaviour is pretty nasty. But of course, my main thing is betrayal. No time for it, anyone claiming to be a friend or lover who does the dirty needs seriously punched.

GortmundyGortmundyabout 1 month ago

Still a great story though. I just want Ursula to get a happy ending is all. Don't take my annoyance at N'Fala as anything other than being invested in the story. It's the authors fault fir writing such a great yarn.

shmeckleshmeckleabout 1 month ago

Agreed. It's a sign that an author has created an engaging and believable world when you get readers debating each other over plot points like this. It's one of my favorite series.

OxfordAphroOxfordAphroabout 1 month agoAuthor

Thank you both so much for your kind comments :-)

I have a good idea where the story will go, and it will make the situation for Ursula clearer. Perhaps a Happy Ever After is on the cards? Who knows.....

GortmundyGortmundyabout 1 month ago

I'd lay odds that both Shmeckle and I are waiting in eager anticipation, and I'd also bet its worth the wait. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

So, where's the next part. ;)

OxfordAphroOxfordAphro7 days agoAuthor

Almost ready. Quite a long chapter, but I hope it will be worth the wait :-)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous