Vanessa the Undresser Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I discovered that Garry rented out his paddocks to other farmer's animals, or agisted as he termed it, but still kept a couple of horses that the family had owned for ages and the chickens, geese and ducks that had free range out the back of the homestead.

As I washed the plates, I couldn't help but stare at Garry as he played with Angus, swooping in to pick him up and swing him in the air as they threw a ball for Sid and played on a rope swing that hung from a giant tree.

"Still can't take your eyes off him, can you?" Cindy poked my side and flicked bubbles from the sink at me.

"No, it's, no, he looks happy," I offered as I again went back to washing.

"He's lonely," Cindy offered, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"He's sexy as all fuck!" Caz laughed as she pinched Cindy's bum.

"Talking about me again? I've been sent to make more tea."

"Sorry Malc, still into Cindy, but I can see that Garry's pretty hot!"

"Yeah, he's always had women throwing themselves at him; still does, but he never really acts on it. He's a good man and I wish he'd just put himself out there again."

The dishes done and the tea made, we all went and sat on the back veranda. Robyn and I talked about the school I was teaching at, but Garry generally kept his distance. I was not concerned but did notice that we often locked eyes as we went looking for each other assuming the other one was looking elsewhere.

After Will and Angus had petted the horses, both of them deciding they didn't want to ride them that day, Malcolm and Robyn made their goodbyes and they all drove away.

"We must go too, Dad, I've got a shift tonight at the pub. You and Libbs stay here and chat though as I'm sure there's plenty for the two of you to catch up on; you've hardly said two words to each other all day!" Cindy dragged Caz to the car, and they too were driving away before I had a chance to catch my breath.

"My Lucy-Goosy's not too subtle. I'm sorry, Libby."

"All good. I should get going too, really."

"I was going to walk down to the dam down there— the windmill's been playing up, um, you could join me if you want?"

"You are Old McDonald on the farm then!"

"EIEIO! But enough of the old!"

It was lovely to see Garry's lips curve and the way the lines around his eyes made his whole face smile. There was a reason I had been drawn to him that night in the club as he was indeed good looking.

"You look different, Libby, not just your hair, but your demeanour. No Vanessa anymore?"

"No, she and I parted company ages ago."

"I liked Vanessa."

"She had some good parts I suppose, but she wasn't Libby. She did some things I'm not overly proud of and crossed lines that should never have been crossed."

"You never knew I was Cindy's father!"

"I know, but... I still don't know why I told her that day... I'm so glad we're in contact again. She seems so happy with Caz."

"Yeah, they are happy, but I know they're being held back here. She doesn't want to work in bars for the rest of her life and there's not a great call for metal bands in this area."

"You'd be happy for them to move then?"

"I'd hate to see her go." Garry opened a gate on the path we were walking down, shutting it carefully behind us. "But she needs to get a life and not stay trapped in this place or else she risks turning into her mother."

"Is she much like her mother?"

"Not really. I see so much of the young me in her. The me who wanted to travel and see the world but got stuck here."

"I thought you loved it here."

"Oh, I do, and this is the house I grew up in, but I never thought I'd settle here as a 22-year-old and live here forever if you know what I mean."

"Why didn't you travel then?"

"Babs never wanted it. For all she complained about being stuck here with nothing to do, she loved her garden and her sewing projects and the Women's Auxiliary. She fit right in. I mean, she had her demons, but..."

"You are a good man to stick with her, you know?"

"Yeah, maybe. It didn't stop me perving on young women at strip clubs once a month or so, even if I did sit down the back and never came close to getting a lap dance until..."

Garry's voice dropped off as we approached the dam. He checked the windmill was working as expected and pointed out some local landmarks.

"That's McDonald's Peak and there are some amazing waterfalls up there."

"Yeah, Caz and Cindy took me there last weekend."

"Blue track or red?"

"You mean there's more than one?"

"Yeah, would have been the blue track! I can't see Cindy trying the red, it's much longer and steeper in parts."

"Sounds like fun!"

"I'm, um, I'm free tomorrow if you want to try it? I mean, the weather is glorious at present and... No, I get it, you probably don't want to hang out with an old guy like me."

"You're not that old!"

"I'm 45 next year."

"That's still young. And yes, I'd like to try the red walk."

"Can I, can I pick you up tomorrow? Say, eight? Or is that too early?"

"How about I meet you there to save you having to drive 40 kilometers out of your way?"

"I don't mind, honestly, and it can be hard to find the turnoff to the car park."

"How about we compromise and I meet you here at 7:30?"

"Yeah, that would work."

Garry smiled and I noticed I felt butterflies in my stomach.

12