Victoria & Alex Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"As you're here, I assume dinner didn't go to plan last night?"

Vicky shook her head, and shuffled in the bed, hoping Sophie couldn't smell the dampness she sat in, giving witness to earlier that morning. She uncrossed her arms, trying not to look overly defensive toward the woman she wanted to befriend, remembering the kindness she'd shown her all those years ago.

Sophie smiled and reached her hand out to give a reassuring squeeze to Vicky's knee.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it... But I've had to ignore three calls from your mother and a text demanding Alex's phone number. She is worried sick that you've returned to London with Alex, as you're not answering your phone."

Vicky's eyes scanned the room to see her handbag out of arm's reach before she remembered one important thing.

"I was so angry, I turned my phone off."

"If you don't want to talk to her, can I at least tell her you're safe here?"

Vicky pondered, "I don't want to talk to her or Rich right now, but neither do I want her coming here to include you guys."

"We're already involved. You're with Alex and because he cares about you, we do too."

Sophie had always been kind to her before, and it was Vicky's dearest hope she would again. She averted her eyes from Sophie's, not wanting her to see her eyes watering as she realised it was already a done deal.

"Thanks, Mrs... Er Sophie."

"That's my girl..."

Out of the blue, Sophie leaned forward and gave Vicky a hug. Vicky couldn't hold back any longer. Throwing her arms around her, to hug her back, she burst into tears.

"It can't be that bad, Vicky, can it?"

Sob, Sob, "with Alex... Everything seemed perfect."

Sob, "and it is..."

Sob, sniff, "in London..."

Sniff, Sniff, "but here it's awful."

Sophie pulled Vicky in tighter and gave her a motherly pat on her back.

"Your mum loves you, Vicky. You're all she talks about, always telling me about how well you're doing at work, how proud she is of you and how pretty you are"

Vicky nodded, blushing again.

"I know... But she wants more."

Vicky was unsure of how much to tell, not fully comfortable about talking about her genitalia with the mother of her lover. She felt the change in Sophie's body language, not sure of the outcome.

"Or less of me, between my legs, if you get my drift?"

Sophie went to pull back away from Vicky to look at her, but Vicky felt more comfortable not looking at her at this point. She held her tightly in, looking over her shoulder at the wall beyond. As she felt Sophie relax, she knew she had to tell all and released her hold on her, to look her in the eye.

"Everyone likes to tell me how I'm supposed to be feeling or how I'm at odds with my body or I must be struggling with my cognitive dissonance."

"Whaaat?"

"Yes, cognitive dissonance. I'm sorry Sophie, but being blunt, I'm supposed to be at odds with living as a woman and having a dick. But I'm not... I'm happy with my life and my dick."

"That can't be right?"

Sophie blushed, but Vicky could see a desire to understand in her eyes.

"No, it's not. Everyone has the opinion that I can't be happy as I am."

"Who says that? Work?"

"No, I don't think they know. Plus, they have very strict rules about inclusivity. But people who know all seem to be armchair doctors and psychiatrists telling me how I should be feeling. I've been through all that with various self-help groups and psychiatric pseudo babble. It's taken a few years to realise that I am happy as I am and Alex is the icing on my cake."

"Surely that doesn't include your mum?"

"She's possibly the worst, refusing to acknowledge that I am happy, whilst always hinting and encouraging me to transition fully."

Sophie gulped, giving her another pat on the back.

"But that isn't what you want?"

Vicky wasn't sure if Sophie fully understood the implications, but not wanting to talk about 'Little Mike' to Alex's mother, she continued without a deeper explanation.

"It's been so hard, but I feel I'm the woman I always wanted to be. I've never felt so comfortable within myself."

Vicky didn't understand why, but she felt she could tell Sophie everything she always understood before.

"And you don't want to transition fully?"

Vicky pulled back and looked Sophie in the eye through her drying tears.

"No, maybe never... It's hard to understand, but I feel I am Vicky, who I always wanted to be. I know at the moment I look a mess but inside I feel complete... Alex is the last piece in that messy puzzle of my life, as he doesn't seem bothered."

Vicky bit her lip and stopped. If Sophie were Sarah, her closest friend and confidant, she would have happily continued with how he liked to suck and play with her remaining male appendage and how much it excited her, especially when he said he loved her all the same. But sharing that with his mother would be a step too far.

Sophie blinked and now a few tears streaked out of her eyes, "Oh Vicky, you wonderful thing you."

She grabbed Vicky's shoulders and pulled her into an enormous bear hug.

"So you approve, even if I'm trans?"

"Vicky, I don't care what name or pronoun you use... You've not become a fire-breathing monster since we last met. You've always been a kind, cheerful soul and above all, my son has never been happier. If you make him happy and you are the one for him, then how can I not approve?"

Vicky's tears burst forth once more as the two sobbed and hugged.

Outside Alex and his father worked outside unaware of the emotional bridges being built inside. Back in the bedroom, the two women were still hugging, drying their eyes. Sophie gave Vicky another tight squeeze and pulled back.

"What if you come on downstairs and have some breakfast, or would you rather shower and change?"

"I'll shower first, if you don't mind? As I look a mess, as I didn't sleep much last night as I was so angry. I must have kept Alex awake, tossing and turning all night long."

"Hmm, you're welcome to stay in Tanya's room tonight. We can sort out the mess and make the bed up, as it's a double."

Vicky appreciated Sophie's gesture, as the two of them sharing Alex's single bed wasn't easy, but if she was staying here, she wanted to be with Alex. Sophie read her mind.

"It's okay Vicky, we're not prudes. We're happy for you and Alex to sleep in Tanya's room. Or you could stay here with all these orcs and gorks, or whatever they all are."

Sophie nodded to the general chaos around the room. Now in the daylight, Vicky could see every available space filled with Warhammer fantasy models, and figures or technical manuals, with some flying models hanging from the ceiling. A pair of screens, computer, and gaming paraphernalia swamped his desk.

"No thanks, Tanya's room sounds brilliant and I can help you make the bed."

"Okay, but first I must tell your mother you're here."

"Uh-huh. I suppose you have to. I don't want you to get into trouble with mum."

"Have a shower, but don't take too long, as I'll be making breakfast. The boys' fancy bacon rolls, if you don't mind?"

"Sounds perfect, thanks."

Sophie pondered for a while, looking at Vicky, and bit her lip, a little unsure.

"Er... I doubt if anything of mine is small enough for you, but Alex has clean boxers and shirts in his drawers."

Vicky giggled, "Noo, I've not worn boxers in years and I'm never going back to them. It's okay. I brought a weekend bag with me and we went shopping yesterday."

Vicky pointed to the pile of Alex's jeans and her clothes at the end of the bed, which half hid her bags.

"Good... Don't worry about your mother. I won't let her come here unless you change your mind?"

Vicky gave a negative shake of her head.

"No thanks. I'll be quick and come down."

Sophie stood up and smiled at Vicky, "let me get you a clean towel."

She left to return with a large soft yellow towel and a hairdryer, placing them on the end of the bed.

"Thanks, that's lovely... Sophie."

Vicky waited until she heard Sophie go down the stairs before she slipped out of bed, feeling a little embarrassed at the sticky drying mess on her legs. She quickly pulled the duvet tidily over the bed and lifted her overnight bag onto the duvet.

She was soon skipping out into the bathroom with the towel and her toiletries. It didn't take too long to sort out the shower controls, step in and enjoy the warm water cleansing her body as it rushed over her. It also helped clear her mind of the trials of yesterday.

She gave her hair a full treatment of shampoo and conditioner. She tried not to linger as long as she would have liked and was soon with only a towel wrapped around her, brushing and drying her hair. Feeling more Vicky than a tired, weary body that had been dragged backwards through a bush, she admired herself in the bathroom mirror.

She still felt anger echoing through her, wondering why her mother could think that Alex wouldn't want her. She let the towel drop to examined herself and thought:

"This was how Alex had found her all those weeks ago and he'd been more than happy with her then."

"Why can't her mother accept her as she is?"

Vicky pulled the towel back around herself, trying to expel her mother's negative thoughts out of her mind. She focused on adding a little more makeup magic to hide her puffy eyes. Not that they were that bad after her shower, but she wanted to make a good impression on Sophie, even if it was a little late.

Back in Alex's bedroom, she tidied up, throwing Alex's dirty washing in the wash basket and pulling the duvet over the bed, making a note to change the bed sheets later. The smell of bacon cooking permeated upstairs, encouraging Vicky to hurry.

She placed her weekend bag on the bed and opened it up, then the shopping bags. She pulled out her purchases to admire the blue dress. The dress just begged her to wear it, but not now, maybe tonight. She hung it up on a spare hanger, hooking it on the top of the wardrobe.

Hearing both Alex's and his father's voices downstairs, encouraged Vicky to pick out a plain bra, and panty set, to slip on. With the house being warm, she didn't want to wear her baggy, thick jumper or fleece. After a hunt in Alex's drawers, she pulled out what she knew to be his favourite AC/DC T-shirt and slipped it on.

It didn't take long to slip on her jeans and a pair of pop socks. It took all her willpower not to admire herself in the full-length mirror on the landing, as she skipped downstairs to find Sophia sitting alone in the kitchen.

"Oh, Vicky... I bet that feels better."

Vicky nodded, smiling, feeling like a new woman as Sophie looked her over, obviously liking what she saw.

"You're so pretty. I love your hair."

Vicky blushed, "You're too kind, especially after seeing me in my birds' nest mode."

The two women chuckled, as Sophie pointed Vicky to a mug of tea and a plate with a bacon and egg sandwich set by a chair.

"Didn't you used to be ginger?"

"Yeah... I needed a break from the old me when I moved to London."

"Shame, as your natural colour was lovely and will look great now it's longer."

Vicky blushed, running her fingers through her hair, enjoying Sophie's praise, as she settled into the chair.

"I know, I've thought the same... I have been thinking about letting it grow out, as I can't keep colouring it. It's done its job and I feel more confident with Alex."

Vicky's eyes dropped to avoid Sophie's gaze, hearing herself confess her thoughts for the first time. Sarah and her other London friends only know her as a blond, but now she felt strong enough to return her hair to its natural colour, as she didn't feel the ghosts from her past any longer.

After using a sip of tea as a pause, Vicky looked up, catching Sophie still looking at her, deep in thought. At first, Vicky felt a flutter of doubt before she saw Sophie give her a motherly smile, taking it as approval.

Sophie picked her mug of tea up and explained.

"The two boys took theirs outside, claiming it's too warm in here."

"It's not warm, it's perfect."

Once more, the two women giggled. Vicky took a large, hungry bite of her sandwich, giving a complimentary, "Mmm."

Sophie took advantage of Vicky's full mouth.

"I rang your mum and had to do a little horse trading to avoid her dropping in. She's genuinely apologetic and doing her own soul searching."

Vicky's eyes bulged but couldn't comment with her mouthful as Sophie dropped a bombshell.

"I've agreed for us to meet your mum for coffee, under a flag of truce."

Ignoring Sophie's encouraging smile, Vicky shook her head, trying to finish her mouthful as rapidly as she could.

"Before you refuse, I think you need to listen... Alex has a theory that he explained to me yesterday, after what you've said, and now what your mum has told me, I tend to agree with him."

Vicky had barely enough time to gasp for air, before Sophie continued, beating Vicky's attempt at responding.

"I'm happy to get in the middle of this if it mends your relationship with your mum, but it needs both of you to get together and talk."

Vicky, her mouth now empty, lost the impetus to speak as she took in Sophie's offer. One side of her was relieved, as Sophie had always been kind to her as 'Mike' and she already felt part of the family in the few minutes they had been talking. She knew Sophie would be a wonderful champion in her corner.

The same side wondered what Alex had said, but being on the outside, maybe he and Sophie could find a solution. She dearly wanted her old supportive mother and brother back, and if anyone could do it, she felt Sophie could.

The other side of her still wanted to rush back to London and avoid confronting the problems of her dysfunctional family. She picked up her sandwich and took the largest bite she could, to avoid commenting, hoping Sophie would wave a magic wand to save her from further arguments with her mother.

Sophie continued, telling Vicky about her interpretation of Alex's theory. Explaining that they think her mother, with her marriage broken and her son failed at university, is trying to live through Vicky's success and exert some form of control after her own failings.

To have a daughter, with who she can relive her life, was her dearest wish. Although the pinnacle of grandchildren would be unreachable. Then of course her brother, who her mother pushed to university, failed and was now outstripped by his more successful sister and ignored by his mother as she focussed on Vicky.

Vicky listened as she ate, thinking it through, nodding in agreement. But how to turn it around and tell her mother?

Alex and his dad had already finished Sophie's car, being the easiest of the three. They'd changed spark plugs, air filter, oil and filter, whilst checking winkers, light bulbs, seat belts, water wash bottles, tyres and the ball joints yesterday.

Having swapped the car with his father's on the ramp, Alex had scooted beneath and had a socket on the drain plug, ready to untighten, with an oil catch pan beneath. As he applied pressure to the ratchet, his dad kicked his legs.

"Alex, you've got a visitor... Hi Vicky, nice to meet you."

"Hi, Mr Fisher. Long time no see."

"Brian, Vicky. Brian, please."

"Okay, Brian."

Alex scrambled out from under the car to see Vicky, glowing and looking as gorgeous as ever. In her tight red jumper and jeans, she beamed at Alex, keen to tell him something. Brian could see they wanted to be alone.

"Er, I'll go tell your mother her car is okay and see if she needs a hand for two minutes."

Alex's dad scurried off into the house, leaving the lovers alone.

"Can you lose the oily overalls and give me a hug?"

Vicky didn't need to ask twice. Alex tore his nitrile gloves off, unzipped his dirty old overalls, letting them drop to the floor, and stepped out of them. As soon as he was clear, Vicky jumped forward to plant a kiss on him and hug him.

"Your mum is an absolute star. I see where you get it from."

Alex blushed, hugging her back.

"I told you. I knew you'd get on."

"She's told me what your thoughts are and has come up with a plan. She's spoken to mum and we're going to meet her for coffee in town to sort this all out."

"Whaat?"

"I know, she's bloody marvellous. You should have heard how diplomatic she was with mum. She's laid the foundation for her plan. I'm so lucky to have you and now your mum."

She pulled Alex into a deep hug, whispering in his ear.

"Sorry about last night. I needed to vent my frustration. Honest, I didn't mean to be that rough. I hope you're okay?"

Alex laughed.

"It was an unexpected surprise. I'm a little sore and know you've been there."

Vicky pulled back to look him in the eye.

"Ah, sorry."

Alex leaned forward to whisper in her ear, "It's okay. I enjoyed it. Having you inside me... Was... Unique."

Vicky laughed and hugged him again.

"Don't worry; I won't make a habit of it. I'm still the woman in this relationship."

She pulled back and kissed him passionately. When they finally broke free, she hugged him one last time.

"You really are my soul mate. Don't ever leave me, Alex."

"I keep telling you I won't, there's no need to keep asking, you're not that insecure."

"I know, but I like to hear it, it's reassuring."

"Okay. Just ask, I'm happy to repeat it, anytime."

When they broke their hug, Vicky pecked one last kiss on his lips and skipped back into the house. As soon as she'd disappeared through the kitchen door, his father came back out. Alex pulled his overalls back on and wormed his way back under the car. Just as he'd released the oil drain plug to have the oil cascade down into the catch tray, he heard the back door of the house close.

"Right, we're off. See you later Brian, Alex."

His mother's voice sang out.

Vicky's voice echoed, "Bye, Alex, Brian, see you both later."

Alex shouted his goodbyes, as he heard his father do the same. Alex looped the filter strap around the filter and twisted it off. Soon, car number two was done, and they were swapping to his car. As soon as they'd mounted his car up on the ramps, Alex crawled underneath to repeat draining the oil.

As the hot oil streamed down into the drain pan, Alex's dad kicked the soles of Alex's boots.

"Er, you've got a visitor."

"Bloody hell, that was quick. What on earth could have gone wrong?"

Alex wormed his way out from underneath the car, trying not to let any oil drip off his gloves onto the driveway. He grabbed an oily rag to wipe his gloves dry and peel them off. He dropped the gloves into the waste bag, now filled with old filters, gloves and packaging.

He looked up, expecting to see Vicky, but instead, he saw her brother, Rich, walking down the driveway, wheeling his bicycle alongside him, looking sheepish.

~~~***~~~

Dear reader, I hope you enjoyed my story.

If you did, then please read my others or follow me to receive notifications of new stories as I publish them.

If found anywhere other than Literotica.com with this note attached, they have posted this story without my permission.

Although ratings are nice, nothing beats a comment or PM.

Stay Safe.

Nellymcboatface

To be continued. ~~~~~~~