Vivian: Life in Estonia Ch. 29

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The remarkable feature of their marital arguments was that there was never any rancor or bitterness expressed between them. A laudable feature in their arguments was that neither one of them resorted to an ad hominem attack against each other to bolster the merit of their point of view. Mind you considering their love for each other it would an anathema for either one to succumb to such an unworthy tactic which truly is a bane to every intellectual debate.

Now the fact that Vivian was wealthy meant that they had no money worries to contend with in their relationship. It is axiomatic that financial concerns are in most cases the primary source of marital discord. Despite the abundance of available cash, they were relatively judicious in the way they spent their monies. From their upbringing, they tended to be frugal. In Raimond's case his days as the finance minister forced him to be disciplined in allocating spending to obtain maximum benefit.

In Vivian's case her background as a farmer's daughter instilled in her the discipline to spend her monies wisely. Her philosophy was that she did not mind paying for an expensive item so long as it served its purpose adequately. An illustration of her mind set was in the matter of her wardrobe. Vivian was an excellent seamstress and in fact up to the time she became a lawyer, she sewed her own clothes. However, with the demands of her professional workload, she just did not have the time to sew her own wardrobe.

However, purchasing clothes for herself was always an ordeal. She could easily see that inexpensive store bought clothes were not worth the money as they looked cheap and did not last long. Expensive store bought clothes were not much better. Although they lasted longer money and looked better there was something still amiss. She was never satisfied. But then she became friends with Carmen Kass and her problems of acquiring a decent wardrobe was over.

The supermodel was able to steer Vivian into purchasing just the right sort of top level designer clothes. She was able to instruct Vivian on how to detect and avoid the inferior fashion clothes. This assistance from Carmen paid huge dividends in her political career. Knowledgeable reporters made note of Vivian's fashion sense. She soon was recognized as the best dressed woman in Estonian's high society. That kind of renown enhanced her reputation. Her public persona was all positive.

The other element that provided the most satisfaction to Vivian's relationship with Raimond Kruuse was the mutual compatibility they had with each other's daughters. Maria and Amanda Kruuse took an instant liking to Vivian since they could see that she made their father very happy.

Although Maria and Amanda were naturally not privy to the graphic details of the sex life of their father with Vivian, they were satisfied in believing that it must be very good indeed. They had never seen their father so lively and animated as he was with Vivian. As a result, they were no longer worried about his happiness which previously was in doubt.

As for Raimond he doted on Maia as if she was of his own flesh and blood. He was her stepfather in word and deed. Soon Maia's memory of Eino Tarvas faded away and she always viewed Raimond as her father in her life. Since her biological father had died before she was born, he was hardly ever in her consciousness throughout her life. To complete the family conviviality, Maria and Amanda both adored Maia. They considered her and treated as their half-sister.

Oh yes for Vivian, life with Raimond was indeed felicitous!