Warmth of a Mid Autumn Night

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I think a soothing cup of tea would be nice."

"Yes, a cup of tea to relax the nerves does sound good."

I rang the bell for Humbly to make us some tea. In the mean time, we were sitting in front of the fireplace at opposite ends of the sofa. I did not want to sit too close and be allured by her sweet scent. She did not sit that close to me to keep from looking as if she wants more from me.

Sometimes the moment feels right to hold hands when we walk outside. Then other times it is best we keep our hands to ourselves. I think that every time we did hold hands, both of our hearts would be racing and we want to remain calm most of the time.

"Did you enjoy the meal tonight, Gracie?"

"It was sensational. I love every bit of it. You must give me the recipe to the roasted vegetables and that sinful, rich, cheese delight in a ramekin."

"I will have Humbly send the recipes to your maid in the day. Are you still floating in the air?"

"Yes, I am. You always know how to make me feel so good, Leo."

My mind was jealous of the delight in a ramekin. Every adjective made me melt and to know that I make her feel good made me want to show her how good she can feel with me. I wonder if she could feel the heat inside me from sharing the same sofa.

About 15 minutes later, Humbly came out with a cart full of treats. He set the cup of tea on a saucer, a slice of pie with side of the Crème Anglaise for each of us and a tray of assorted cheeses, fresh fruits and nuts.

"What do we have here?"

"I call this the Orchard Surprise pie. There is a mix of apples and pears in the pie."

"Yes, I see. It is delicious. What is the surprise?"

"The surprise is the Crème Anglaise to compliment the pie. It is not an ordinary Crème Anglaise. This has a hint of brandy and Cardamom mixed in."

"Mmm... This is lovely. The right balance of spice, sugar and brandy. If you have the whole pie in front of me now, I would be taking it home with me. It is absolutely fabulous. Mmm..."

"How about a glass of Riesling?"

"Yes, please. This is a wonderful way to end any meal. Mmm... If I float any higher, my head will touch the ceiling."

"Hahaha... The food has swept you off your feet very well it seems. Care to come back down for a moment to share some cheese?"

"No. I will have it in the air. You should join me. It feels great up here."

"I will consider it. The stew has kept me down this time."

Truth be told that my heart is in the air with her and it felt fitting to ask her the question since she is feeling light. I really wanted to pull that box out of my jacket and get down on one knee, but I fear that all this feeling of being on cloud nine would end for some reason. Sigh.

I could not help to notice her tongue licking the flakey crust and cream off her succulent lips. Then my eyes kept looking further down to her neck, chest, hips and legs. Each time she had popped a grape into her mouth, I was thinking of having my lips around a certain part of her as my hands massage the surrounding areas.

The hour passed by quickly as we share old stories about our childhood. I almost did not want the night to end. It always feels great to be with her, but I worry that as the night continued on, I would be close to making a scene hotter than the fire that is several feet away from us.

It was almost 10:30 and I did not want her to be up too late. I had Humbly wrap the rest of the pie with the Crème Anglaise and have the carriage ready.

"It would be wonderful to have you here all night, but I do not want to keep you from your sleep. Let me escort you back to your place."

I then got up and walked her towards the front door. Then I put on wool cape over her shoulders before putting one on mine. I had reached for my hat and then opened the door to let her out. Humbly was there standing next to the carriage pulled by two horses waiting for us. He opened the door and I let Gracie go in first.

"This was a wonderful evening, Leo. We have to do this again soon. Maybe next time I will be able to make something delicious for you to eat. I will be dreaming about that pie in my sleep."

"I am very delighted that you had enjoyed my hodge podge of edible art. Please take this pie with you. You can share with the maid unless you want to keep it all to yourself."

"Oh Leo, you did not have to do that."

"No, I insist. Nothing makes me happier than to see you smile, my sweet Gracie."

"You are so sweet. I do not want this night to end, but here we are at my place."

"Let me walk you to the door. Enjoy the pie. I will see you again soon. Good night, Gracie.

"Good night, Leo."

She gave a smile and kissed me on the cheek before turning away to hide her blushing face. The maid was there to open the door and she gave a small wave to Humbly.

"Time to head back home, Humbly. It has been a long day for the both of us."

"Yes, Sir."

I was looking out the window to see her bedroom light on from the second floor as we were heading back to the manor. There was a moment of relief, but also sadness. It would be wonderful to wake up every morning and see her face. Maybe one day that will happen when I have the nerve to ask her the question.

Chapter 4 ==== Orchard Surprise In My Dream

It is time to end another day again. I lay in my bed wondering if I will have a sweet dream or awful, distorted images to flash through my mind. It is also possible to have a nightmare, but I should think that I can sleep better after seeing Gracie again.

I keep thinking of how I would want the evening to be with her. How if I had a second chance without any risk or loss that I would go about our meal together differently. It would be nice to act the way I feel without any consequences.

[ DREAMING... ]

Is it another day already?

Guess I will have my morning tea. Hmm... The tea came quick. I did not even see Humbly in the room.

"Humbly!"

"Yes, Sir?"

"Were you in here a moment ago?"

"Yes, I was here to bring your tea."

"But I did not even tell you what type of tea I want and the correct one had shown up from out of no where."

"I think your mind is playing tricks on you, Sir. Here is your croissant with ham and melted Asiago. The herbed butter and strawberry jelly is on the side."

"How did you know that I was going to ask for the croissant sandwich?"

"I had a feeling you would ask for that, Sir. Is there anything else I can get you?"

"No, that will be all for now. I had no idea that you can grow a mustache that quickly."

What is going on today?

Am I seeing things?

Humbly with a mustache, my tea showing up without asking and he knew that I would want to eat a croissant with ham and cheese. This is a strange day.

Now he comes back out with a hat on to inform me that he is on his way to pick up Miss Highbrighton. I had invited her for dinner tonight. If I remember correctly, I think the dinner with her was yesterday. Why is it tonight?

"I will be back shortly, Sir. You should change and get ready for tonight. I have taken the liberty to lay out your dinner attire and laid it on your bed, Sir."

"Thank you, Humbly."

Where did my breakfast go?

It was here a minute ago. Why is he picking Gracie up for dinner when it is only nine in the morning?

Is that clock working properly?

It can not be five in the evening already. My pocket watch should show the correct time. My word, it is showing the same time that is on the clock.

I should go upstairs to change. He told me that my clothes were laid on the bed. I do not see anything on my bed except a single pillow. Where is the comforter?

I can see the carriage coming to the manor from the window. How on Earth did Humbly pick up Gracie and come back this quickly?

I must hurry up and change. My closet is empty?!

"Humbly!"

"Yes, Sir?"

"Where are my clothes? They are not in my closet. You did not lay out any clothes on the bed."

"Yes, I have laid them out for you, Sir. You are wearing them now."

This has been an unusual day for me. Everything is mysteriously showing up and disappearing without my knowledge. I need a glass of wine to relax.

"Cheers, Leo."

"Uhh, cheers."

All of a sudden I am in the dining room with Gracie drinking wine. I am unable to focus on anything else now that I see the twinkle in her eyes.

"Thank you for inviting me to dinner, Leo."

"The pleasure is all mine, Gracie my sweet."

"Do you like my outfit?"

"Uhhh..."

"Speechless?"

Goodness gracious. I think that my heart skipped a few beats and my jaw would have dropped if it was not for the wine still in my mouth. This could not be her. It is evening wear alright, but it is not considered a dinner outfit. I could not believe my eyes.

"Are you sure that you have on the right outfit, Gracie?"

"Why yes, silly. Do you not like my short, satin, white skirt with a matching top?"

"I... I do. Your top is sleeveless."

"Yes, it is. Do you not like that?"

"I like it. I was thinking you may be cold."

"There is a fire to warm the room. I am sure you can keep me warm through the night too."

She gave me a seductive look when she said that. I was close to having her feel the heat, but I had to control myself. If I was not sure what she wanted from me before, I am sure about it now. My eyes were hypnotised by her almost naked body. It feels as if my face had turned red and my whole body heated up.

If this is a dream, I do not want to wake up. How I long to see more of Gracie in an intimate way. I do not want her to think that I am only after her body. It is not easy to hold back the urges and I feel that my self control is being tested almost to an extreme as I feel my heart beat racing. There is not a word that can do justice to how I am feeling right now.

She licks the crumbs off of her rosy lips and makes a sound that drives me wild.

"Mmmm... Mmm..."

As she reaches into the bread basket, I put my hand on top of her soft, warm and smooth hand. I bring it to my lips and kissed the back of her hand, wrist and the lower half of her arm.

"Oh Leo, you are not interested in having more bread?"

"I will if I can eat it off of your hand. How about I feed you instead?"

I then reached over for some bread to let her take a bite. Instead she slowly licked my fingers before taking a bite.

"Oooohhh... Gracie, you should not have done that."

"Why not?"

She gave me a seductive smile and brought my hand towards her mouth to lick my fingers again as if to dare me to do something about the matter. I was ready to have my hands on her face and kiss her, but I did not. I sat there thinking if I should clear the table and feast on her instead.

It did not take long for her to try another move on me. She then brought her mischievous toes to tease my inner thighs and my legs. If she goes where I think she will go then I will have to kiss her after that.

"Oh my. My toes feel a lot of excitement from a certain spot."

She was asking for it. I had to get up from my chair and reach over to kiss her passionately.

"Oh Leo, mmmm... Leo, mmmm..."

I then reached for the wine and spilled some of it on her chest. She was a little shocked, but then held my head as I clean the mess with my tongue.

"Oh Leo... Mmmm..."

She had kept one hand on my head and the other one went further down to feel my excitement. This was a cue for me to kiss the pair of fruits staring at me. They look similar to a puppy with sad eyes waiting to be loved and held. I ran my hands up and down her back and side before massaging those back cheeks.

In the middle of all the kissing, Humbly came by with the cart.

"Dessert is served. I will be in the kitchen if you need me."

"I had made an Orchard Surprise pie for you, Gracie."

"What is the surprise part?"

"It is the cream sauce with Cardamom and brandy added to it."

"Oooohh... Mmmm... That sounds delicious."

"Yes, it is. I think it will taste better if it is on you."

I then proceeded to drizzle some of the cream sauce on her chest. She had a big smile knowing what she is in for once my lips are all over her bossom.

"Oh Leo! Mmm... Does it taste good?"

"Yes, it does. You should try some."

Next thing I know, she ripped open my shirt and drizzled a little on my chest.

"Yes, it is tasty. Although I would prefer it served on a different area of your body."

She gave me this devilish look and moved down slowly to unzip my pants and let it drop to the floor.

"Ooops. Did I make your pants fall? You really do not need to wear any under garments, Leo. It only gets in the way. Let me remove your shorts for you. Ooohhh..."

She then drizzled the cream sauce onto my member and teased me with her tongue in every way that she could to get my full attention.

"Ooohh... What am I supposed to do with all this attention you are giving me tonight?"

I did not know whether to be on top of her in the dining room or go upstairs to the bed room. Then I was wondering why am I so exposed and she is still wearing most of her outfit?

"What should I do next, Gracie?"

She ran her hand across my chest and pointed me to the guest room a few yards away to lay on the lounge chair. Then she removed every article of clothing off.

"Happy birthday to me."

"You like your present unwrapped?"

"Yes, I do. What can I do with my gift?"

"You lay down and relax. Let me handle the rest. Mmm..."

It looks to me that she will be the designated rider the whole night. All her moaning drove my senses wild. I long to hear her scream in ecstacy.

"Oh Gracie, I want to kiss you all over."

"No. Mmm... Tonight I will be the one to do that. You will get your chance another time. You have no idea how long I have been waiting to do this to you. Mmm... Leo, you make me feel alive. Ooooohhhh..."

Before I knew it, the sun was out and the chirping of the birds woke me up. How I wish that I could continue sleeping, but I need to get up. I am hungry for a good breakfast with a pastry.

Chapter 5 ==== Humbly's Big Day

There is not any doubt that Gracie makes me feel wonderful inside. I can see her with me for many years to come. But as certain as I am about being with her, I fear something that had happened to Humbly about 20 years ago could happen to me. Something that kept him single all these years. I do not blame him for not being able to shake off his past experience.

As I gaze out the window from the dining room having my morning tea, I feel the chill of the room. The fire is usually lit in the other rooms where I spend more of my time at. Maybe I will have my breakfast in the guest room.

"Humbly!"

"Yes, Sir?"

"I will have my breakfast in the guest room."

"Very well, Sir. I will bring it out shortly."

Humbly was a nice, slender looking fellow in his younger years. He came from a humble background so he did expect much in life. As long as he had a stable job and decent place to live at then he was a happy man. He was happy working on my estate. Over the years he had saved up since he does not have any where to go. The cost of rent and food are covered living in this manor. All he needed was someone special in his life to complete the picture.

Kelsey Flora Remgildbury was the apple of his eyes. She was fair hair and skin with a lively spirit. They had met at the local market. She was the cashier, inventory clerk and stocker who was usually seen every time he went to buy groceries. They were usually seen at every major event in town. There is not much that goes on in this small town with a population of about 3,500.

Words travel fast in a small town. Almost everyone knew they were a pair. Many thought they were a good match. If cupid's arrows were flying around, they had definitely hit those two. About a quarter of the town were ready to celebrate their big day together. A big day that left a bigger scar on his heart than he could ever imagine.

Everything was in order the night before. They both had their parties two days before the wedding. He had his party with the guys and she had hers with her lady friends. There was not anything done by them that would have crossed the line. But something must have made Kelsey take a different turn in life. Something that nobody in town could ever figure out.

On the day of the wedding, Humbly was at the altar ready and nervous as can be. He was ready to say those two words that would tie him to a ball and chain. There was not anything he would say no to when it was about her. He was ready to give his life to her and take care of her through sickness and in health. Sadly, she never showed up at the altar. Humbly was drunk as he could be that night and nearly took his own life a week later.

It would have been nice if she had left him a note or something that would take away all the questions that ran through his mind for years. He could not think of what went wrong, but at the same time he took a lot of the blame even though he should not. Out of the blue, she left town and was never seen again. Even her friends were surprised and were left in the dark.

Almost every week for a few months, he would be close to taking his life. His mistake was getting drunk around his butler friends and then be punched in the face by one of them. This would knock him out cold before he could leap to his death. It was rough on all of them to see him that way, but they did not abandon him and he was grateful for them after he got over the initial few months of not knowing what to do.

Years later, I was informed by the maid about those incidents. Then when the time was right, I would ask him more about his relationship with Kelsey and how he was dealing with the loss. Much of what he did when he was drunk became a blur in his memory. His friends had to tell them about what he did and said on those long nights. He felt quite ashamed of what he did and cut back drinking on a high level for a while.

I guess that is why I have not asked Gracie the big question yet. Part of me wants to ask hoping she will say yes. Even though the chances are likely, I could easily be in the same shoes Humbly was in about 20 years ago. Everyone was sure that there would be something to celebrate that day, but that did not happen. What had happened after that was a long, twisted ride for everyone that cares about him.

The long nights of drinking, the pain and suffering to drive the mind to the edge, the irrational behavior and any chaotic thought would all be a given if Gracie does not say yes or end up disappearing out of the blue. Unlike Humbly, I would not be drinking around a group. I could possibly succeed at what he had tried to do week after week.

The outcomes are limited. There is not any doubt that I would be drunk more often if the results are negative. But I could avoid the possibility of those outcomes if I do not ask the question. It is also possible that if I do not ask then someone else will. Maybe she is waiting for me to ask. If she is then it would be wrong of me to keep her waiting so long for me to do my part.

As I swirl the brandy around the snifter, I think about what Humbly had done during those blurry nights. Him and his butler friends sitting at the table in the servant's quarter. All of them sipping on their ale and wine to relax for the evening while Humbly gulps his drink at a high level.

"More wine, Collin?"

"Why yes, Ethan. Thank you."

"Please pass the ale, Walden."

"Here you go, Alton. I think someone should keep that away from Humbly."

"Give me my ale! I want my ale."

"You had enough to drink, Humbly. How about I make you some tea?"

"Give me my ale, Walden. I want my ale."

"No more ale for you, Humbly. You will wake up with a huge headache."

"Do not tell me what to do, Alton. Give me my ale or else."

"It might do him some good if you sit on him, Collin. He is a mess."

123456...8