Warmth of a Mid Autumn Night

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Will we keep our personal issues and shouting matches in private or would we let it out in public?

Will either one of us be that out of tune with one another that we would be thoughtless on special occasions?

How much will my work schedule be in the way that it would hurt our relation?

Is it possible that even if we share as much as we can before marriage that we could still end up similar to that couple?

Nobody knows if they had done their part before to bring out their fears, worries, goals, dreams and other topics before tying the knot. It would be nice to know what really led them to where they are now. The question is if all the incidents were preventable. If they were, did either side cared enough to do something about the matter?

Sometimes we can see what is happening, but we do not step in thinking or even hoping the other one would do or say something first. For couples or any type of relation at all, it can become a vicious game of not doing what should be done in advance. It becomes a matter of waiting for the other one to do what they are expecting which may not necessarily happen. The less likely it is to happen then the more they continue on with the unhealthy ping pong game.

I wish the couple would take their issues outside or some where else to leave our ears alone. The guests on the other side of the room are fortunate not to hear all this quarreling. It almost seems that one was born rich and the other had started with humble beginnings and moved up in society. Then one day they were at a party and went from there. Along the way in their relationship, there was not enough was dialogue until it was too late. They were both too busy to stop and understand one another better. All the misunderstandings fly around chaotically without mercy.

The lady was crushed at the thought the husband did not understand why she would choose this place for their anniversary. As if the place is beneath him in some way.

"Why would you want to celebrate our anniversary here?"

"You do not remember where you have proposed to me?"

"I have proposed to you in Paris, not here."

"Yes. This is the closest we have to France that would fit our busy schedules. Excuse me for not picking a more fancy place. The nearest one is at least 30 kilometers away and it would not work out with our schedules. This place is a few blocks from where we work and does not require a two week reservation in advance."

"Are you saying that you could not have reserved in advance?"

"I would if you ever made time for me. You are always out some where if you are not at the office."

"This is what I get for letting you choose. I am looked at as the inconsiderate one."

"Since when were you that thoughtful about anyone aside from yourself?"

"How dare you say that! You know perfectly well that I think about our well being. Do I not give you nice gifts for your birthday?"

"Sure you do. It always has to be an ideal set up with you so that you would not look bad in front of your snooty pals. You care more about your image around them than you care about me. Your gifts are never from the heart. You are not thinking about what is meaningful, but what is expensive and would make you look good in front of your pals."

"These are pals I grew up with since childhood. You think my relation with them is less than genuine?"

"It looks more to me that you are in a club of who can show off more. They do not care about you any more than you care about them. What do you know about sticking through thick and thin with anyone? You try to buy everything as if money can resolve every issue."

"You want to talk about genuine?

The way you are around mum is not exactly a walk through the garden."

"She is an ice bat from Hades. People can feel the frost bite from across the room of where she is."

"You take that back. She may be a little more picky, but she cares about good manners, posture, education, living and upbringing. I would not be as successful as I am if it was not for her."

"You mean if not for your family's wealth?"

He gives her this look of shock and a deep gasp.

"You think that I could not be this successful on my own?!"

"That is right. If you had to rely on your own without the family influence, you would not make it this far. You would barely keep up with me."

"I can not believe what you are saying. You are being out of line! This lunch is over and another thing, do not bother getting me a gift for my birthday."

"Well fine! Leave! I do not need you here. I should have listened to Uncle Ned."

"Uncle Ned? The one who makes a hat for all his horses?

Anyone who takes advice from that nut would be utterly insane."

"He is not a nut. You will be hearing from my lawyer soon."

"If that is the way you want it then fine. I do not need you any more."

Then he had his nose in the air and quickly rushed out the door. She was sitting there with a napkin covering her face as she cried wondering how she ever married such an insensitive man. It is heart breaking to see couples this way. I do not want Gracie to be crying in a public place over what I did.

"Leo, you are not the same as that arrogant guy. Gracie does not sound anything similar to this lady. Do not let this bother you so much. It is clear that they never had a deep and meaningful relationship to begin with. They were bound to hit a wall eventually."

"Yes, I know. But who is to say that even if you discuss everything before marriage that it will guarantee that there are not major snags in the future?"

"Well it also depends if both sides are willing to work the issues out. It does not look to me that he will do that because he cares too much about his image and status. She had probably been trying so hard to reach high society that she over looked the minor details that would not be in her favor. You and Gracie are much more level-headed than them. I know you two will try to compromise."

"Yes. Sometimes compromising can be too much. One side bends over more than the other and something eventually becomes the straw that breaks the camel's back. I may think that I am bending more for her and she may think she is doing the same for me. It would be the same as going in circles."

"Let your mind rest. We should savor this time together over a nice meal. I think we should discuss our future plans in Paris or some where else. Maybe the French Riviera?"

We had stopped by the grocery store on our way home after lunch. Frederick wanted the last day of my visit to be a home cooked meal. At least the thought of that will keep me warm inside for many years to come.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

The Rehab Following one's dreams.in Romance
Seven Days of Service - Epilogue The game has finished; where to from here?in BDSM
Aprons For Gayle Ch. 01 Gayle must make a tough decision for her family.in BDSM
Yours Ch. 01 Well-endowed victim seeks revenge.in BDSM
Slave Girl Emily Ch. 01 She rolls her own Dom.in BDSM
More Stories