What it Takes Pt. 01

Story Info
After the chaos of one year ago, a girl has a strange hobby.
18.7k words
4.63
2.4k
5
0

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 03/02/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

Author's Note:

This story wishes to be a direct sequel to Deviant Empire, happening about one year after the events in the other story. There is an assumption that one has read DE, but neither is it necessary. Potential spoilers are unmarked.

This time the action will happen with the focus on Earth. There will be less focus on incest and the fantastical elements, instead going on community and romance. Will and his family have no relevance in this story. And if you are reading this after having finished the other... go back and leave a comment.

***

This planet stinks. Not just metaphorically, but literally. Another evening in a bar as Eva was out and about... looking for men. Good men... the kind that were worth her attention. Alone as usual in this rock bar, the music was hard yet the volume was low enough to talk. The girl of twenty five of decent body, dark hair down her shoulders, straight as can be. Just a bit of makeup on because people just can't seem to deal with seeing a girl without any. To most she can look like your average girl who does not spend too much energy on standing out.

Sipping her beer, the woman could swear it all looked as it was before. How long did it take to forget? Six months. That's how long it took for people to forget that they were in contact with an alien empire of advanced technology. How long it took them to forget that a literal god rampaged through the world, killing those he deemed guilty of great crimes. Six months for them to forget that there had apparently been superpowered people in their midst all this time. And another six months to try and go back to their old ways. Or almost.

"Turn that up."

She spoke as eyes went to the TV in the room which the bartender was shuffling through. News. After the previous governments collapsed, Europe went under a joint leadership as english was standardized everywhere. The new coalition was directed from Italy, with the new leaders making a new congress from where they decided the united path forward. Started to matter less in which country Evangeline was... they all started to blend together as it was clear the Italian representative was outright directing everyone with little concern for their voices. Seemed like some people did not learn.

And now the news showed how taxes were to be synced, all going to that directive... no doubt to be used more for their "country" than the others. Then they moved to cover the recent attacks AGAIN. A sigh from the girl as she needed more beer to drown this out. At least she could smoke in here. That cigarette was needed. Pack already on the table with the ashtray freshly changed to accommodate her vice. It was understandable why drinking and smoking was such a standardized pastime here.

"Whiskey shot for the lady?" The voice spoke to her with barely a hint that it was a question.

Her look turned up to see a man in his twenties... chiseled jaw, designer clothes, key to a BMW displayed on his belt, cologne so damn heavy that the girl noticed it before him... and those eyes that devoured her. Fit, clearly showing opulence and confidence. A devil may care attitude. She knew exactly what this man would get tonight.

"I can buy my own drink." Response was dry.

"And I can buy you some nice clothes, though you look so good in those. Want to ditch this place and go somewhere more fit for you?"

She was wearing items not quite on the discount rack, but the kind you can afford on a low salary. Long sleeved shirt with jacket on top, skinny jeans and trainers. It made her curves stand out, even if she did not have that many.

"You can go there by yourself. I'm right where I wanna be."

"Now that I'm here, of course you are."

The guy did not even ask before getting seated opposite of her at the table. His responses felt outright demeaning. Did this shit actually work on girls? Not her.

"Really can't take a hint, can you? Go away. Not interested."

"Playing hard to get. Don't worry. I know how to give a woman a good thrill."

"For fuck's sake! What does no mean for you?! Now get the fuck out of here or I will break that stupid face!"

THAT made his expression shatter. In other times, the guy might feel he could respond physically. Not today. Eyes in the place turned towards them. The man knew he had no chance to do or say anything... or he's gonna be all over the news and internet. An almost murderous expression as he stood up to turn away, though head remained looking her way just enough for his attempt at saving face.

"You ask too much for the hour, whore!"

It made her chuckle. Eva got his measure right. All about praising until they don't get what they want. These moments were satisfying in their own way. A delighted sip from the bottle to follow with a drag as the guy had no choice but to leave the entire venue. No doubt he will try the same strategy at some other place not far from here, and some shallow woman would bend open for him.

Nobody looked her way after. At times, it was easy to enjoy the pleasures that this society gave her. Even in such an interaction, the man was damned solely while his words were not even considered. In such a case, the woman wanted it to hold as she had no blame. In others... a lot of work to do.

Another ten minutes of looking through the bar for a prime target. She had done this almost regularly every week. Different days, different hours... different men. And finally... him. Several tables over, Eve saw a much more simple guy sipping at his beer. T-shirt, open plaid shirt on top to show the design... one for a metal band that the bar had no songs for. Perhaps a bit older than her... slim, but not too skinny. Guy who let himself go a bit. Every once in a while he looked around the bar, though seemed to avoid looking straight at her. The girl gave a groan as she noticed that. Yep, another thing on the list.

Cigarette finished, pack placed in jacket because these damn pants might as well have no damn pockets... and she picked up her beer and ashtray to walk towards him. The guy did not even look up as she got up to his table. Gods, the woman wanted to outright murder some people for the way he was reacting. He barely even looked in her direction as Eva spoke.

"This seat taken?"

"Uh... no... you can take it."

"Oh, I'm taking it."

A smile as the bottle and ashtray was set on the table before the decently looking woman sat opposite of him to his major confusion. By now she knew the drill and could answer questions before he asked them. Counting on her fingers, the girl tried to assure him.

"Not a prank... I'm not here with any girls, not selling drugs or doing a pyramid scheme, not trying to rob you or drug you for some worse reasons. Not here to prostitute myself or score free drinks or dinner, I can buy my own. Just a girl looking to talk. Because you look like a quality guy. And I'm Eva. Well, Evangeline. Don't call me Eve."

Several blinks as the boy looked in her direction, clear confusion on his face. While his mind did not go in those directions, it certainly felt alarmed at the clear breach in procedure.

"Jack... and... women don't usually approach unless it's for a bad reason these days." He could certainly remember the last time the guy fell for it as a woman was just using him for attention.

"Well, I'm not your usual girl. Oh, and not looking for a relationship, just friends. But maybe I can be friends with benefits."

That was dropped in his lap hard enough to give him whiplash. Mind was trying to find the logic of it. But he could not. Caution was up.

"Still sounds a bit like you're going in that territory. Sorry, just..."

"Yeah, I know. Can't trust women these days. I KNOW! Trying to get a better image for us. Or at least the good ones. There are still good ones out there. Yeah, you're looking at one."

"Kind of thing that one says while planning to steal my wallet. No offense."

A heavy sigh. The man was preaching to the choir. Moments like these were the kind where Eva had to suppress murderous instincts.

"Okay, let's just drop that line. I'm tired of it. How come you're all here all alone? No group of guy friends?"

"Dad is hounding me about going outside and talking to people. Asked the few friends... everyone's busy with this or that. So, here I am... outside. Trying to talk to people."

"And everyone's already here with their group, don't want to include you... Yeah, I know. Fucking depressing. Feels like people are antisocial or something."

"I agree with that and it comes from a guy who is celebrating a month since I actually left the apartment."

She found herself chuckling honestly before taking a sip of beer.

"Okay, I gotta ask... how can you NOT leave your apartment for a month? Don't you have to go to work, buy groceries... stuff like that?"

"Work from home, everything done through mail and banks. Apps to deliver groceries from plenty of places around, food delivered when I don't feel like cooking. Computer's there and I can just stay on it constantly. And... I don't find much reason to go outside. As you said... if you don't have people to go with, nobody wants to talk."

"Some people would go stir crazy from that much time inside." Eva knew plenty who could barely stand a day inside.

"I get plenty of sun when I go on the balcony to smoke. Though... I gotta say. Love that we can smoke in bars again." Somehow that got through. Many complained about it but even more rejoiced. The man pulled his own pack to light up as well. Same brand. Not that uncommon because it might as well be the leading one. "But nah, just... fine with staying inside."

"Well, admirable in a way. I go out practically every day. Not for the usual reason. My reason."

"Still really tempted to ask what your angle is here. If you were a guy, I would get it, but..."

"Okay, fine... fine. Guess I have to come clean." A sigh. She pretty much had to. "My hobby is to go out and give good time to men because I want them to feel good and destroy the image people have of women. And guys like you.... I can tell. Proper nice guy, respectful, so on. Needing some interaction and boobs. Makes me feel really good."

Jack needed a pause to parse that information. This girl was basically a wandering guy pleaser.

"So... you go looking for the guys left behind to... give them a good time for free? Because it makes you feel good. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but still feels like you are kinda using us."

"Yeah, sure looks like it. I know. Women. But... I'm doing this more for you all. If I just wanted the usual attention I'd do what most girls do. And they're idiots... you guys are so much more worth it. But, if you still feel like something is off... I get it. Don't have to do anything. We can just talk. Hey, you came here to talk. Can be a good distraction for now and keep the big shots away."

"I don't think I can keep anyone away. Guys like that might punch me just to impress you."

"And if they try that, they can say goodbye to their hands. Relax. No, really."

Heavy sigh from the guy. The situation was downright impossible... improbable. A gift sent by God for a guy like him who assumed he'd be single into his forties or even further. Dating had become downright impossible. The man was on five dating apps and practically swiped right on everyone, yet got no matches unless he'd go for guys. He's not in the top one percent and thus he gets nothing. For now he avoided the advice of those pickup artists which at times felt like it made one into a monster.

"I feel like my alarm will sound soon enough. You sure you're for real?"

"See, this is why I do this. You've got no damn hope of decent women even existing to the point... that this happens. Yeah, I'm for real. And I'm pissed. There's millions of sluts out there ruining my good image. I wish we could put them in another gender or something so that those like me could be ladies or stuff like that. Maybe separate men too.... Gentlemen and just.... You know."

"Yeah, they're not giving us a good name either. Shame that guy who killed most of the politicians didn't take them."

"Bet he'd still be doing it if he went that way. Feels like I told three off every night. But, fuck this subject. You stay on your PC all day? Anything good on there?"

"Well, I think most of the stuff I do would bore you." Jack knew that women did not want to hear about his gaming.

"It's a day of surprises. Yeah, I don't play, but I heard plenty of guys talk big. Though I've been told to avoid people that play something called League."

"You have been told correctly. Mostly stuff that I can play at my pace. Grand strategy, turn-based rpgs, adventure, puzzle... actually made my own rpg."

"Like... a game? You made one?" Interest in her more for what it might tell about the boy.

"More like rules for a game. How you play with it. Thought up how it should go. Mostly for me. But it's more like those tabletop rpg's... make a character with these rules, go through the world with these other rules."

"Ah... so you basically thought up the idea. Neat. Must have been some work. You thinking to publish it?"

"Nah. Too much hassle. Just made it for myself. Plus, most seem to dislike it when they hear there's no dice for them to roll."

"Okay, now this I gotta hear. No, come on."

Jack became more and more comfortable talking with this strange woman who seemed to be one of the good ones. Despite her declaration of not wanting a relationship, the man desperately might want to catch her. Eva was nice, friendly, understanding, smart and interested in things even outside the purview of the usual girl desires. Her hobby was certainly strange, but he could find reason for it... and feeling. Equally he might consider her seeking attention by being different from the other girls.

The girl got his measure from the way he spoke of his passion. He was clearly smart, as the system the boy described seemed to account for a lot of possibilities with a very simple ruleset... almost basic. That was no system for a game, but a story. And he worked in just a simple office job. IT might default to people really above the average. Proper college and even more. But most of all a nice guy. Proper nice. Respectful and treating her like a person.

As for her, much more humble profession of a barista. Decent hours, decent pay and a decent place to retire towards. Mentioning that got the guy back to the other subject.

"So, at the end of the night, do you wanna... do something more interesting?"

"Pretty much. But I get it if the trust is not high. Plenty of dangers. Which I am trying to disperse. So maybe just a small thing if you want that. Wanna get a handful of tits and a handjob in an out of the way place?"

It was inevitable for him to get shy about it. Her outright pulling that out. But once again the strange situation made alarm bells ring. True, he would need more trust. Men could not be too careful these days. And she saw that and once again had anger flare to all those who ruined the scene. Another sigh from Eva.

"See, this is what I really hate. Girl can't even feel trusted anymore. I can be good. Heck, I have something more if you've got concerns."

She carried a messenger bag, and inside was something to give as outright proof of his safety. A sheet of paper came out of this hardened case to hold it straight. Pen followed as the girl started to fill out the details for tonight. One question for his full name to put down, nothing for him to sign or in any way pledge himself to. No, this was something she pledged with a legal document that she handed over to the man. As Jack started to read it... he could not believe what it was.

"Is this basically a consent form?!"

"Yeah, had a lawyer friend of mine draft up a bunch of them. Not that it might be ironclad, but gives a big help."

It was stated in no uncertain terms that the girl gave consent to sexual interaction with him EVEN if there might be violence involved, that this document is notarized and backed by a legal firm ready to fight against any sort of litigation, criminal or civil, should he be accused of this act being anything beyond her choice. Might as well have sold herself into slavery for one night to the guy. In the hands of an asshole, this was carte blanche to be what they were. But she trusted him to not be one. Also she trusted herself to be able to resist one emerging should she call it wrong.

"No need for me to sign anything, I assume. Still feels..."

"I know." Her head was down. "I'm tired. I just want to be good to people and show I can be that. But wherever I go, people would rather approach a rabid wolf rather than be on the same side of the street as me. I'm not gonna do anything... just..." Another sigh.

Jack felt that if he might hold to his defenses, this good girl might have her spirit crushed. No... she was fighting that image. It was his turn to do so. Help her through. THAT was what could push through. Seeing an honest girl in need of help. And he was going to get a good time for it. Still he would carefully fold that paper to set into his pocket.

"Okay, fuck it. I'm trusting you. Maybe we need to take that step. I don't know if tonight we can go all the way, but... I guess we might be able to do something smaller."

Her smile was one that a man worked a lifetime for. Warming him back. They had a bit of beer left. And the hour was early. Plenty of people out at this time.

"Wanna talk some more and maybe do stuff later?" She asked with renewed hope.

"Just gotta make sure I don't drink too much. Equipment might not work if I'm too drunk."

Eva gave him a chuckle. She knew it. Some more soft drinks to help pass the time. Talking about something or other until it got close to 11 PM. One guy did try to sort of steal her away, but she kept her promise to make him back off, literally getting between her new friend and the would-be "alpha". Such an antiquated term. That guy had no idea how a proper pack leader should act.

With the hour late, the last sip and smoke was done before the two would leave the establishment. Jack was starting to trust her more because the woman backed up her claims. Hope bloomed in him for prospects. Maybe this girl will decide to settle down with him. Or help him score someone else. They wandered through the city a bit, still talking in more hushed tones.

"Hey, as another bit of insurance, how about you pick the spot? Just in case you think I'm leading you to a drug den or something." Eva wanted him to feel as safe as can be.

"Still possible, but... I'll get us a nice spot."

He had to keep an eye out for an out of the way place. There were fewer people as they left the entertainment sector behind. The city was still alive at this hour, mostly in terms of traffic. Always taxis or late drivers around, the occasional couple or drunkard stumbling somewhere. Wandering, the two would come close to a university, where living spaces had been pushed away in favor of things that adhered to a schedule. Practically deserted. But Jack had studied here... and knew some places out of sight.

An antiquated building holding a corner of this busy intersection, older than both of them combined, the university once was outside the city before it grew outwards to envelop it, as it did with plenty of others in this education district. Several other constructions dedicated to higher learning were around it, deserted at this hour save for some teacher lost in their own study or buried under a mountain of assignments to grade. Roads circled it to provide access all around and further show one to the other nearby schools. It was deathly quiet save for the thrum of traffic passing by.

The front door was clearly locked, but the back entrance was not only unguarded, but still impossible to actually close. SEVEN YEARS and they had still not fixed it. That door felt like it was older than him. A mild creaking would showcase their entry... but it led to a very small room before the ACTUAL locked doors. Yet this place was guarded enough. Enough light filtered through the windows to make it dim, but visible enough. As the girl and her partner got inside, the air became a bit more tense. It was finally happening.