What's Under My Sundress?

Story Info
You really want to know, don’t you?
983 words
3.17
22.5k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At last! A nice warm day, with a cool breeze, now and then. Time for the sundress.

The overall color is yellow, but with a pattern of large, colorful flower blossoms. I accessorize this dress with my sun hat, shades, cork-sole sandals, and a big purse with a long strap, left shoulder to right hip. Where it crosses my torso, the strap goes comfortably between.

You know what 'between' means.

But knowing isn't enough, is it?

Well, maybe you're not the only one who's interested. Maybe, just maybe, your interest could interest me.

Or maybe I'd find your interest repulsive.

That might be true with a total stranger, some guy staring at me as I sauntered along, free as the breeze (so to speak). But you're a decent man. So it didn't disturb me that you smiled at me, as I arrived at the sidewalk cafe. Your smile showed...hmm...I'll just say, appreciation, for how I presented myself.

At that moment, however, I found your interest irrelevant.

I showed my phone at the check-in stand, and was escorted immediately to my table for one. So many diners were enjoying the outdoors. My hips got within a few inches of some of them, as I threaded through.

The dress surely thwarted your curiosity. The flowers obscure those locations where one might observe bra straps (or their absence) and panty lines (ditto). The side seams allow for the hem to sway, and show my freshly-groomed legs. But the seams secure the garment, to prevent a sudden gust from upskirting me.

You already knew that I'm not stupid.

I'm sure you appreciated the overall effect, seen only from the outside. My brown hair, loose and wavy to the shoulders, was not yet sun-lightened. My physique is yoga-toned, which one can infer from my bared arms and calves. Small, glittery ear studs were my only bling. No cosmetics, not even sunscreen, so early in the season. My skin sought to commune with nature.

You'd definitely want to observe that communion, wouldn't you?

I was looking at you when I thought that, and I smiled maybe too much.

Then I looked away, and you stayed at your table. You're a decent man.

I pulled the book out of my purse. I hoped you wouldn't take that as a rejection. But I didn't want to invite you over. I've been looking forward to this as a Me Day.

The waitress brought my pre-ordered lunch. Baba ganoush, with pita for dipping, and coffee. She and I smiled together, as she asked if I needed anything else and I told her no it looks just fine. She's quite pretty, maybe a better sight than I am, but she was at work. Today, I wasn't. On the whole, though, it appeared that both her life and mine, at that time, were good. That should be true of everybody.

She waited tables in what was essentially a uniform. White shirt, with black pants, vest, and necktie. Somewhat form-fitting, but not leading anyone to wonder what she wore underneath.

If anything.

I didn't check to see if your gaze moved from me to her. I was in Chapter Four of the book, and quite absorbed by it.

Yet my attention went now to my lunch. Such enjoyable multitasking, with varied sensory pleasures! Food and coffee on my taste buds, sun gently warming my skin, breeze giving slight tickles here and there--moving the hat brim just enough to shift the band on my forehead by, what, a millimeter? And of course the book, providing a story that engaged my mind.

With all that, I lost track of whether my sundress was leading anyone to interested, or excited, thoughts.

Ah, but then the breeze did what it so often does, to a sundress-wearer. It wafted to my inner thigh.

This was more than a mere sensory pleasure.

This made me wish, for a split-second, that you weren't decent.

I brought my legs together.

Less than five seconds after that, I resumed eating and reading. Part of me, however, was now distracted.

Other men walked by, on the narrow remnant of the sidewalk that hasn't been claimed by the restaurant. I knew that they looked. The sundress cannot be ignored.

I liked that they looked.

I liked that they wanted to know.

I even liked that their thoughts may be excited.

I wondered if you were looking at them, as they looked at me.

That made my pulse quicken.

My phone rang.

Smoothly, I drew it from the purse, fingered the screen, and said, "Hello?"

There came a chuckle, and then, "Are you trying to get me fired?"

"That would be a very silly thing for me to do, Darling."

"Lucky for everybody, I stayed on task. I had my pitch all rehearsed. The dude signed up. Your hard-working husband has landed another client for the firm."

"I never doubted you."

"I've already called the ride-share. As soon as my new client is out of the bathroom, I'll hustle him off to the airport. So he won't stare at you and wonder if you're wearing anything underneath."

Quietly but clearly: "Darling, all of my skin is under this sundress. All of my feminine contours. I decline to comment on whether there are other garments."

"You're having way too much fun."

"Dear me. Are you not having enough fun?"

"If I'm not, will you do something about that tonight?"

"That will be yet another mystery of the woman in the yellow sundress."

Another chuckle. "Love ya, Babe."

"Goodbye Darling."

There was a wink in my direction. I smiled in return.

Once he was gone, I looked at you. I gave you a bigger smile.

You picked up your drink and headed for my table. The look on your face was not at all decent.

I parted my legs.

The breeze became very distracting.

I always enjoy a Me Day.