When a God Loves a Princess

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He wasn't the only one. It was a rough walk through the concourse to the lounge. Thankfully the security checks moved quickly, as I only got yelled at for about ten minutes in that line. It seemed everyone was taking my picture and I was sure my running away would be headline news the next day.

I drank the last of my wine and gingerly asked for another. I got another glare as he poured it against his will and then I saw Jen being interviewed on TV. In the corner it said, live, and I wondered what she was up to.

As the scroll on the bottom of the screen moved along, it said she was at a hospital's cancer ward. Cancer was always her biggest charity endeavor, especially pediatric cancer. The little kids got to her every time. She made regular trips to read to them, sing with them, basically do whatever she could to cheer them up.

I almost fell out of my chair when one of the reporters asked her, "With your American love crashing and burning, will you be back on the dating scene soon or will you give it some time?"

"What?" She asked. "Nothing's crashed and burned."

"Then why is your yank at the airport going back home?" another asked.

"Excuse me," she said and forced her way through the crowd.

I thought that was odd. If we hadn't crashed and burned, why the hell didn't she talk to me all week. I chugged my wine and asked for a scotch. Wine wasn't cutting it and I needed to forget her for a while. Clearly, though, the alcohol was affecting my reasoning. I should've run out of the airport and into her arms, wherever she was.

I had an hour until my flight left, and the lounge was getting busier. I was getting noticed as evidenced by the whispers and dirty looks from the other passengers. I got another drink, a double, and moved to sit in a corner booth. I tried to turn my back to the onlookers and look out the window at the planes, but it was no help. I still heard murmurs and felt the glares on the back of my neck.

Thankfully, the airline thought it would be wiser if I boarded the plane privately ahead of the others to avoid confrontations. It worked, but I got plenty of snide comments as people boarded the flight walking past me. I put on my seatbelt, used the complimentary eye mask to block out the world, and went into a whiskey sleep.

***

When we landed, the airline, again, gave me priority exit. I think they just wanted me out of their sight and off their plane. Their stock probably went down three points because I used them.

I didn't expect any press when I arrived home and thankfully there was none. What I never thought of happening though, was a spunky brunette standing by the baggage claim with her arms folded, tapping her foot.

"You're a bloody idiot, Andrew."

"I know, Cammy. I know."

She shoved a note in my hand and said, "Get your arse on that plane and fix this."

I looked at the gate number and said, "I'm not going back. For what purpose? She didn't answer my texts, or my calls for a week. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what that meant."

Cammy shook her head. "I agree. Jen was an idiot too. God! You two were made for each other and you can't get out of your own way. It really makes me angry, you damned fools."

I sat on the edge of the baggage carousel. "Cammy, how can I fix it. Forget the breakup with Jen. Your entire country hates me right now."

She smiled and sat next to me. "Andrew, that's just it. 'Right now.' That's what this is, a temporary problem. Believe me, in a month, no one will remember."

"As long as I don't screw up again."

She laughed. "Believe me, I've gone through this. Do you know how many bikini pictures there are of me on the internet because I was on a boat with my cousin when she was first dating Fredrick? That damn paparazzi posted pictures of me pulling the fabric out of my bum! I was internet famous for having a wedgie."

I sighed and looked at the ceiling as if God would give me a sign.

"Andrew, get on the plane and go back. The first time you're stopped by a member of the press, apologize. Tell the world, you're sorry. Everyone has a bad day, why should you be any different. No one expects perfection from you, you're the bloody God of Thunder. Act like it!"

I stood and lifted Cammy into a hug. "Thanks for setting me right. Did she send you here?"

"No. She has no idea. Uncle Allen, told me you were on your way home and I should send you back to her. I think he likes you."

I smiled, "Thanks. I'll go back. I hope you're right about everything."

"What do you have to lose?"

It took a minute for my bags to come, but I grabbed them and hurried to find the gate. I didn't have a ticket and hoped one was waiting for me. When I found the check in terminal noted, I realized it was for private aircraft. I smiled and made a mental note to thank Allen when I saw him next.

On the way back to London, I checked my email. I was surprised to see an email response from Jen.

"Andrew, my hero, please come back to me. I was a fool to avoid you and I'm sorry I drove you away. I'm asking that you forgive me and live up to your promise of never letting me go. I'll live up to mine and love you forever. Yours in love, Jen."

I sighed and looked out the window at the dark blue ocean separating our worlds. "What a fool does for love," I thought.

***

The plane landed at midnight, and I was grateful to be on a private jet, and for it to be so late. I hoped that would eliminate the press knowing I was back.

After customs checked out my bags, I was able to leave through a sort of back way and avoid any entanglements. I realized I was being a chicken and I'd have to do as Cammy said and talk to the press eventually, I just wasn't ready.

I saw the SUV waiting and the driver took my bags.

"Welcome back, sir," he smirked as he opened the back door. I was shocked to see Jen sitting there.

"Jen!"

She jumped out of the backseat and hugged me tightly. She sobbed into my chest and said, "I'm so sorry. Please tell me you're going to stay."

I lifted her chin and kissed her.

"Yes, I'm here to stay if you'll have me."

"Oh! I intend to have you over and over again, Thunder God."

"Dirty girl," I whispered and kissed her deeply.

I broke the kiss, and said, "Cammy says I should talk to the press and apologize."

Jen nodded, "Yes, Queen Anne wasn't pleased that her people told you to avoid commenting. She felt an apology straight away would've been more appropriate."

I smiled, "You don't happen to know how I could get in front of a camera do you?"

She laughed and said, "I don't think that will be a problem, my love. Let's get back, you've got some making up to me to begin."

"How am I going to do that?" I asked.

She climbed into the stretch SUV and spread her legs.

"I'll think of something."

It was the best punishment ever.

***

I did make the apology statement and it did go away...eventually. I think my showing up at some cancer wards dressed as Thor helped a bit. I never could get Jen to dress as Black Widow...well, not in public anyway. She looks amazing in a red wig and leather jumpsuit, by the way.

The next holiday we have upcoming is Valentine's Day. Most of our relationship up to this point revolved around holidays, they seem to be the only guarantee of us being able to see each other. It's tough to date a princess, I'll be the first to admit it, but the perks far outweigh the drawbacks.

I can't wait to see what happens next!