While Chasing Our Dreams Ch. 02.2

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Alright then. There's still a bit of the store left, and then we'll be off to our next destination!"

Once we finished at the FAO Schwarz, I led them off to another iconic landscape of New York City, with shopping along the way. (Not one but two famous chocolate brands had stores en route to) Times Square! We arrived in that world-renowned slice of pedestrian paradise with candy in hand, and I got the expected gasps of wonder.

"It's larger than life," M breathed in awe.

"So many screens," Cal gaped.

"The colors," Randy gushed, his camera pointed upward. The trio took it all in, rotating on the spot. We were surrounded by a cavalcade of theatres (Broadway, baby), restaurants, shopping, and the many unique denizens of New York. I looked around, trying to spot the Naked Cowboy. Before I caught a glimpse, the guys pulled me into their arms for "Selfie time!"

We squished together in a big cluster and smiled huge. Randy took a few snaps, assisted by Cal (who had a longer reach), and we wound up with a fantastic shot of our four grinning mugs and the spread of Times Square behind us. Even Randy looked perfectly giddy, no trace of his phobia to be seen. He texted the pic to all of us, and I saved it to my phone.

I didn't know when I was going to drop this bomb on my friends and family, but it was only a matter of time. Once I wrapped up the loose ends of my life in New York, I would leave it. There was no question. My lovers were now my men, and I was their woman. As an adult with no serious ties, I could pack up and go any time I wanted. And I would, soon. Probably before winter.

Wow. It was like the next chapter of my life coming on- a freshy turned page. I looked at that photo in my phone, and my heart thrummed. My body felt light, and my soul brimmed with joy. Oh, I had it bad.

"You coming, baby?" The voice jerked me back to the moment. New landmarks called for investigation (and shopping), and in my moment I'd stopped dead, forgetting everything around me.

"Of course!" I answered, taking the proffered hand. "Just having so much fun with you guys." They all smiled.

"Us too, honey," M sighed.

"And the day's barely begun!"

Cal swept up M's hand as Randy and I came together. The blissful expression the blond boy wore was so bright it dazzled the lights of Broadway itself. He looked downright delighted, even in the simple act of holding Cal's hand. So cute.

I giggled as we tore off to explore Times Square. They were like kids! This must've been how they were when they took their road trip back in the day. Having fun and running around like the brothers they so wanted to be. I somehow bonded them even further just by being with them last night, too. My belly warmed. I might've had a shower, but they weren't completely washed from my body. They'd be filling me back up later tonight, too.

The knowledge made me squirm- in a good way. Just seeing their joy put a smile on my face. A rush of desire to keep them happy always crashed over me, but as I explored right along with them, I couldn't help chewing my lip in just a little worry. There was still so much we had left to say to each other, and though I was making a good impression on them now, that didn't mean there wouldn't be turbulence on the journey.

They still didn't know much about the ex... or what he'd left me with. I was pretty sure they'd take all that with compassion, but it was going to be hard getting through it. Before I moved in, before I even told my parents, I think... I'd tell them. But not today.

Today was about fun, and making connections. Bonding.

I was gonna bond their brains out.

***

M

Everywhere I looked, I couldn't help squealing. This was one of the biggest, most famous and iconic cities in the country, and we were finally here! I was finally getting all my dreams, and I felt high from the joy rushing through me. Bless the Internet! Sure, I'd gone on dating sites/apps before, but I'd been thinking too conventionally, sticking to the more popular (thus more peopled) sites with more 'normal' profiles. I was used to such a specific type of woman, it hadn't even occurred to me to break out of my comfort zone. But of course! God! The answer was right in front of me the whole time, and if possible, I loved Randy more than ever before. Especially when he smiled at Jane as she sheltered him under her parasol.

Jane. My heart did a backflip. I'd hoped things would go well with her in person, but reality had blown my daydreams out of the water. She was a million times more exuberant, fun, hot, sexy and sweet than expected, and I'd expected a lot. I'd been planning for a nice but moderate trip to Disneyland, and gotten Disney World, with a five-star hotel suite and all expenses paid. Plus a free Prince Charming costume! Every ride had no line, and all the souvenirs and collectibles I could ever want were free. Plus the treats and food!

We'd all run around, having the time of our lives, and I found myself wondering what princess outfit Jane would wear. She definitely had the looks for Belle, or maybe Snow White...

Ha, sorry. Big Disney freak, here. Kind of how my parents met and fell in love, so for me that's my happy place. I shook the vision out of my head and returned to my present- Jane and my bros, loose in New York, with all the glamor I could have asked for.

"So you ever come out on New Year's Eve?" Cal asked while Randy took snaps of everything around us.

"We tried once- mom and my sibs and me. It was so crowded we couldn't really get anywhere near a good view, and we wound up watching the ball drop on the TV at Friday's in Penn Station," Jane regaled. "Or was that a Rockefeller tree lighting?" She laughed brightly, and we shared the moment with her. "My linear memory sucks, so..." She shrugged, giggling, and Randy put his arm around her waist, letting his camera fall against his chest.

"We're gonna burn ourselves into that head of yours, Janey," he told her, his voice smoky. His long, thin fingers reached up to lightly flick her forehead playfully. "After this weekend, you'll never mix it up or forget it. That's my promise."

"Our little bro is right, baby girl," I purred. "I want every second enshrined in your mind forever."

"I'm not sure I'll ever forget this weekend..." she replied, blushing. "Just... when it happened."

We all laughed.

"Well, I'm meticulously organized, so..." Cal pulled out his phone and opened his calendar. "July twenty-seventh, year twenty-twelve," (that was last night), "Met... Jane... fucked her brains out." The big hunk smiled devilishly. "Made her ours, forever. Set reminder for one year. Our official anniversary."

As he put his phone away, I saw Jane blush.

"What?" My bro teased her, tuning into the latent sexual purr he'd just begun to discover in himself. "Too soon to be thinking about anniversaries?"

"Kind of? No?" She squirmed. "I'm glad you're thinking of the future, I really am, it's just that... I can only handle the present and the immediate future right now. This is already so much to process, and I just want to be here, now, with all of you. Is that okay?"

I think we all fell a bit harder right there.

"God, sweetie, of course that's okay," I approached and stroked down her arm. "There's no rush. I promise."

"Then my alarm is a promise, Jane, not a deadline," Cal replied smoothly.

"I know I'm thinking of the next time we'll be together," Randy snickered. "Speaking of which, when do you want that to be? Is that something you might be able to ponder?" She slowly grinned, her lips blooming into it so pretty I wanted to kiss her senseless.

"Actually, it is," she told him playfully. "Because next month is my twenty-seventh birthday, and I tend to spend it at the same place every year."

Ohhhh, that was exciting! A new relationship and already a birthday? I almost squealed. All ours had passed for the year, but give Randy an excuse to get a cake and all of us the chance to spoil her.

"Where's that, Jane?" Cal asked, perking up.

"You guys ever been to a renaissance festival?"

"No! And why the fuck haven't I?!" Randy yelled, causing passerby to stare.

"I haven't," the blond hunk said blankly. Clearly he'd never heard of this phenomenon.

"I went a long time ago," I said, beginning to feel excited. "Don't remember too much of it, but it would be fun to go again."

"Well, my parents are rennies, so I was born into it and I've never missed a year! It's kind of tradition for me to bring newbies, soooooo..." There she got a mischievous look on her face. "I want you all to come. In about four weeks. You guys will get to meet a couple of my very closest friends, and maybe even my brother and sister. Would you be up for that?"

"We are there, baby girl," I declared. "We'll confirm the details later, but we wouldn't miss it for the world."

"What he said!" Randy agreed. He snapped off another few quick photos before whipping back around. "You dress up don't you?" Jane snickered.

"Of course! Whole hog, too. I've been collecting garb for years."

"Where do I get some?" The scruffy one asked with a gleam of enthusiasm in his eye.

"You could order online," she popped one shoulder, voice relaxed. "But if you want you can just buy anything you fancy there." Randy grinned big.

"You mean I have a built-in excuse to spend the day ogling you in a sexy outfit, play dress-up and buy myself a bunch of cool shit you'll find hot?" Jane nodded. "Sold, baby girl!"

"I'm setting a reminder to request more time off when we go back home," Cal said, tapping on his phone. What day is your birthday, Jane?"

"The twenty-fifth," our girl replied. More tapping. "Which happens to be a Saturday this year, so we'll be at the faire day-of."

"Which means we'll take another long weekend and come down. Maybe extend so we have more time to play."

"You thinking we drive down Thursday, spend Friday through Sunday?" I mused aloud, playing off my best friend's face and all-business tone. He shot me a heated smile.

"We drive Thursday, spend the entire weekend, and leave Monday. Then of course, we'll have to discuss your first visit to us, little girl."

"Oooooooooh!" I squealed. "Yes! We'll get to have you in our clutches, in our house, and you'll start to meet our friends and fam."

"I will enjoy that," she chimed.

Our talk about future plans continued on and off as we traversed all of Times Square, taking it in. We paused to peep at the displays outside of Ripley's Believe It or Not! and Madame Tussauds, but Jane said she was bringing us to a museum already, and we didn't wind up going in. Possibly if we had time- or tomorrow, before we left. I was super eager to know what museum she planned to take us to, because there are a lot in NYC- The Met! The MOMA! The Museum of Natural History, the Guggenheim, or even the Cloisters! Any would be great- though my bros were likely to be a little bit bored at the art collections... Maybe she meant to take us to the Natural History Museum instead. Who doesn't love dinosaurs?

The thought got knocked right out of my head, though, when I saw the

"DISNEY STORE?!" My exclamation echoed down the street and I drew more than a few locals' attention. True to form, though, my indelicate outburst resulted in a fair amount of tittering hidden behind hands and more than a little swooning. When you're a guy as pretty as I am, people are willing to forgive you anything. I blushed but laughed it off as we converged.

"Did we not mention Mickey's love of all things Disney?" Cal asked Jane dryly as I pulled the group to the door, gleeful.

"I think he said something about it while we were texting, but wow." She took my hand and gave me a warm expression. "You're too sweet, M."

"I have about a million Disney questions for you, honeybunches," I proclaimed. "Starting with your favorite movie in the canon and which princess you think you'd be."

"Ha, you're gonna laugh, but it's absolutely Brave-" (which had just come out, mere days ago- technically Pixar) "my bestie and I saw it and loved it. We're both Scottish, and my favorite Scotsman's in it. Craig Ferguson. It was so good! And it's about damn time there was a princess who didn't wind up married off by the end."

I had to laugh, because here we were with our- here I was with my- princess, and the sooner I got her wedded to me, the better.

"It was really good!" I agreed. "Went opening night, of course. This is so perfect!" I chattered about my favorite films (Tangled and Lilo & Stitch), and told her about the yearly trips with my mom. Once we actually got into the store, the merchandise for the movie was prominently on display, as predicted- being a fresh release and all. I wound up picking out a big plush Merida to give Jane and then went looking for goodies to add to my collection. My friends and my princess followed me as I gushed over the merchandise. I had tons of stuff back home already, and was really looking for something unique to the Times Square location. Something like Minnie as the Statue of Liberty, or a panorama of the classic gang in front of the iconic skyline.

We traversed the whole store, browsing merch for every movie I could even think of! I snagged up a NYC-specific Mickey Mouse tee, and got one for my mom in pink. Jane pored over the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff (every piece!) before huffing at the price tag on a Sally-style dress. I could tell she wanted it but wasn't even going to let herself consider getting it. My head shot up and caught both Cal and Randy's eyes. I darted my pupils to the dress over Jane's head, and they turned to each other after my signal, without Jane noticing. Randy gave a jerk of his head, his left shoulder popping up. I could tell by his expression the dress wasn't doing it for him, and Randy had a damn good eye for that kind of thing. Cal looked at the garment like he just didn't understand it. Both of them gave me a little jerk of the chin- they wanted me to pry.

"You like it, Jane?" I asked mildly, pulling the dress off the rack and examining it. It would fall below the knee, and had a modest but not severe neckline, sleeveless, and was made of a patchwork-patterned fabric. I checked the price tag. Not as bad I was expecting, but I knew Jane wouldn't have bought it for herself.

"It's nice," she shrugged, having missed all the non-verbal communication between the three of us. "I like the bodice cut and the bow at the back, but the skirt's not doing it for me. I think it's a little too stylized, if that makes sense? I want something more authentic to the character. Sally's dress is a ragged patchwork, with larger, more asymmetrical components. This is clean and sleek."

"Fashion as opposed to cosplay," Randy observed. "Totally get it, sexy."

"Yeah, that's what I mean," she chimed, pointing at Randy. "I like to turn costume into fashion, not the other way around. I don't just want a dress that's 'inspired' by Sally, I want to walk around as Sally."

"Speaking my language, baby," my little bro sighed, full of joy. "You're making me hot right now." Jane gave a low, throaty laugh and covered her mouth, dropping her face. Her hips gave a little wiggle, attracting our attention.

"You're going to say that a lot today," she teased, and I wondered what she had up her sleeve on that account.

"It'll never not be true," I said smugly. "We're having so much fun already, and let's just be honest, Jane: Your willingness to come do this is a massive turn-on for us."

"No joke there," my gorgeous lover said. "Travel? Sightseeing? Historical sites, museums, art, culture? Do you know how many of our friends just prefer to sit around on their couches at home, playing video games?" He scoffed.

"Yeah, seriously! I mean, I'm agoraphobic and I love video games, but I still wanna see shit! My life is not going to be just our house..." Randy gritted his teeth there. "No matter what."

"Hey, you're damn right, bro," Cal reassured him. "You pushed yourself just to be out here today, and it's been worth it."

"Yeah, it totally has!" My skinny friend agreed wholeheartedly. "If I can do it, anybody can do it."

"I'm glad you guys like doing all this stuff too," Jane put in, so happy. "I really am not a partier, and I'm not much of a beachgoer... I like doing anything where I get to learn." Her face pinkened. "I hope that's not too nerdy for you three."

"Are you kidding?" I scoffed, slightly. "Straight As here-" I jabbed my thumb at myself and then Cal- "Straight As there, and Randy was mostly an A-student too."

"Damn gym really killed my GPA," he groused. Jane snickered.

"Yeah well, I flunked statistics, and that's why I was taking a summer math class," Jane admitted sheepishly.

"What!" The scruffy geek feigned outrage.

"I would sit there in the lectures and think 'Yeah, okay, I get this', then go home, try to do the homework, and wind up staring at the pages without comprehending any of it. Math is... not my best subject."

"English, I take it?" My playful question made her giggle.

"Of course. What else would a bookworm be good at?"

"So what math did you just take when you couldn't take statistics?" Randy asked. He was a math and science guy, and damn good at both. "Pre-calc? Geometry? Calculus?"

"Actually, none of those. I took this class called 'Sharing Mathematically'. It was all about how to use different math techniques of division and things like Euler circuits. It was really interesting and I actually did well!"

"Oh," my friend answered, his eyes widening. "So math that has a practical application of some kind. Yeah, I get that. Truthfully, English was not one of my better subjects. All those damn weird spellings and grammar rules!" There, she grinned.

"I saw this Tumblr meme online that nails it... Ah! 'English beats up other languages in dark alleys, then rifles through their pockets for loose grammar and spare bits of vocabulary'. It's a giant mutt with numerous linguistic influences and roots, and I'll be the first person to tell you it doesn't make much sense. It's a beast, but I love it."

"Math makes sense," Randy sniffed.

"Yup, but stories make the world go 'round, you sexy nerd." Jane tugged his collar and dragged him to her mouth. Cal and I snickered as she gave him a quick tonguing and then let him go.

By the time we left the Disney store, I had a nice big shopping bag and everyone was pretty relaxed and smiling. Jane unsheathed her parasol once more.

"What's next?" Calvin asked, reaching for me to carry my bag. Gentleman.

"Are we going to head to the museum now?" I asked, eager.

"Not yet!" Our girl taunted. "But there's only one spot left before we go to my museum pick." Jane's grinned turned really cheeky. Wicked, even! "Next up is the Empire State Building!"

"Alright, great!" Was the consensus amongst us. Jane and Randy linked arms and sheltered together under her parasol. Cal put his arm around my shoulders and we set off, following the GPS on Jane's phone. She'd clearly thought our day through, because all our destinations so far had been relatively close together. Easily walkable from one to the next.

"So exciting!" I gushed as we got near. The tall, impressive, and historic skyscraper loomed majestically above us, its spire pointing proudly toward the heavens.

"Which observation deck you do want to do?" Jane queried as my friends gawked, Randy snapping photos with abandon. After switching to a more appropriate lens. "There's two- one's higher up, but they're both panoramic."

1...45678...12