All Comments on 'Whispers of Love to the Moon'

by MenaAbbott

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
Comentarista82Comentarista822 months ago

You make me think on this one too.

***

However you chose them, Westley and Luna largely fit your characters: Westley is shrewd and clearly calculating; Luna generously gives more than perhaps she should, and prefers a little more fantasy over reality; these qualities fit their names. Additionally, "Luna" is actually a very powerful name, as it means "moon" in Spanish and therefore presents her as the Mother Goddess under Marianism--and this is what makes how you end the story so fitting--because Westley should end up worshipping her, which he effectively does; he's also largely the dominant male lead and her the submissive. Furthermore, you detail the dom/sub relationship well, highlighting the praise afterward and calm dialogue to reinforce future obedience.

***

Cautions for future reference: when you say this is going to be a scene that follows rules without deviation, where one won't fall for the other, you can't put it's "emply" sex if one will fall for the other--as thinkers like me will latch onto that and mention it like I am now--because it screams an unneeded contradiction in how you craft the story so Westley indeed "graduates" to loving her, as his praise words soften in progression. Morever, be careful using a Hispanic name, as someone like myself will point out she should manifest some Hispanic qualities and especially some token Spanish phrases, as very intimate moments will bring out her deepest, subconscious desires and express themselves in her first language. A name is never merely "arbitrary," just like how Maverick named Star, Seven and Sekani in "The Hate You Give...": names drive people in part, and have very special and unique meanings, endowing their owners with unique characteristics and gifts.

I'll split the difference with you on this one: it had far less of a possible "hang-up," and mostly nails the required elements one should expect in this kind of genre. 5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMenaAbbott@MenaAbbott
I'm going to focus on various shades of romance and heavily emotional pieces. These might include darker works. Love Languages: A series of 750 word vignettes: Kindred Spirits: Acts of Service. (Non-Erotic) This is a vignette on how a simple act of kindness from one person ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES