All Comments on 'White Lily Ch. 02'

by Blithering_Hayseed

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago
You made me choke on my orange juice.

:D.........He is indeed, still an asshole douchebag goatfucker. :D

First, I am compelled to ask if there will be more or does it end here? That influences what I am thinking about this chapter.

So, he thinks there was some greater purpose to all of this callous stupidity? That which does not kill me makes me stronger? Strength, beauty and true submission versus pettiness, ugliness and faux submission?

Scar tissue can be stronger than the original tissue. It can be a badge of survival. It can also be a painful, limiting and ugly reminder of a unwanted and unnecessary experience.

The final scene was one of the best I have read on Lit. I am still deciding if it was worth the price of what came before, but I am leaning towards yes.

(Readers-go back to chapter 1 before reading this to get the full impact/import of the situation.)

bearsladybearsladyalmost 10 years ago

I am giving you 5 stars simply because you have delivered an extremely well written story that has caused intense reactions within your readers. It's not ambiguous at all. We either love it (but cringe at the severe humiliation) or hate it (because of the severe humiliation). Very nice touch using the Greek myths to make your point. Makes me wonder what they would think of being used in a story like this. LOL

Most of life lessons are learned at the cost of our own personal pain. Unfortunately, he had to take Ally along with him. With what he has learned about himself, I doubt he will ever put a sub in this position again.

I hope there is not another story after this because if he didn't learn his lesson, FA and I will have to figuratively hunt him down and destroy him! :-D

Can't say I enjoyed this, but well done. I am looking forward to your next offering. So curious as to what it might contain.

Shysub412Shysub412almost 10 years ago
FA on her orange juice, me on my cornflakes.

Are You trying to choke the population of lit this morning?

This story has taken me on a journey of mixed emotions from not wanting to read any more to needing to read to the end to see what happens next.

I agree with FA as to her comment of "is this the end" as I'm still unsure of my feelings. I loved the way you write and the emotions and characters you have built so well, it was a story that had me thinking and wondering, and that to me is the best kind of story i can read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Rare

to see a story where the "dom" is shown to have made so great an error, and made to bear the consequence. She was right to leave him. He is not worthy of her. It's a great illustration of the true power dynamic. The sub has the power - always. He forgot that, and the red harpy never knew it. This is a lovely pearl of a story, and requires no addendum. I would not believe it if she returned.

FindmywayFindmywayalmost 10 years ago

The only word that comes to mind is WOW! While I did not comment on chapter 1 --my thoughts aligned with the others. However, based on the title I made the assumption that Ally would outshine Amanda...although I truly struggled with what he was trying to accomplish? Maybe I overlooked something but I struggled to understand how he knew about their workplace hatred...was he a co-worker or a boss? Why would you bring that dynamic into this relationship and jeopardize their lively hood.

The story was not what I expected - and while everyone choked on their breakfast food - I choked on my dinner. I love that while she was submissive - you made her strong and ensured she understood her boundaries and wouldn't let anyone cross them. You don't often find that inner strength and understanding on this site. You are a talented writer and that is demonstrated by the reaction on your readers.

I'm in the minority- I would like to see what's next between them - I believe you have the ability to create a realistic story of self discovery of a Dom who screwed up and what he is willing to do to win back his treasured one.

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago
Before we need a global Heimlich maneuver...

My personal reason for difficulties was the author's use of the phrase 'asshole douchebag goatfucker.' That was the endearment I had used for our not-so-much-of-a-hero in my chapter one comment. It was...unexpected. :D

He was the chosen lover of a goddess, and tried to degrade and damage her in the name of something allegedly greater. That she rose above it, and ultimately him, shows her to be all that one hopes a goddess to be.

Will there be more? I only ask because groveling can be a good look on a man... .

(One hopes that life does not imitate art, eh Blithering?)

North200North200almost 10 years ago
Better than the first chapter!

Another chapter of artful prose with a healthy dose of mythology thrown in. After reading it a couple of times I'm still not sure what Amanda's fate was. I'm going to assume she washed up on an island with Tom Hanks. But the writing was excellent and in this chapter there seemed to be a righting of the wrongs committed in the first chapter (although he got off maybe too easily). Creative and original. I will be looking forward to your next story!

Shysub412Shysub412almost 10 years ago
I should have clarified..

My comment re the cornflakes was due to the asshole douchebag goatfucker comment, as the first time i came across this phrase was in FA's previous chapter comment and it made me laugh out loud then. I've just been waiting for an opportunity to use it in daily life! To see it mid story cracked me up...hence the spluttering!

I too share the desire to see this continue, to see the above said goatfucker on his knees begging, although i can't see Allie being daft enough to take him back, her strength is too great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thought-provoking

The quality of this author's writing is so high that it makes the few tiny errors stand out: using "taught" instead of "taut" and "palisade" when I think "parasol" must have been intended, for example. I love the mood and the slow building of tension; I can't imagine what possessed our dear ADBGF to engage in the dreadful charade of putting Amanda first. I honestly don't know whether to give it 5 stars or throw something at the computer.

elisebeeelisebeealmost 10 years ago
Thunderous Talent

But dreadfully painful to read. I was glad to see a comment from North as I was thinking this morning that this story is the evil stepchild to Twelve Gates. I am in awe of both of your talents

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19almost 10 years ago
What a fascinating story!

Interesting and fascinating, strange and captivating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I was undecided...

But found resolution in this chapter. I'm glad I chose to read it, though I still think it's too adjective driven. This was much tighter writing than the previous section.

As for the storyline itself, I am pleased that he chose Ally over Amanda, though I still can't help but wonder what kind of god complex the dominant has to even consider setting up such dynamics, and allowing it to play out in the workplace... I am even more pleased to know that Ally left him. I think this story is played out, but you do have an opportunity for spin-offs. Does he become a better dominant, how does he treat his next sub? And who will Ally choose next, and how will she guide him to find her limits without going so far into the pain and humiliation?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous