All Comments on 'Wife Commerce Act'

by DanDraper

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 2 years ago

One star. Wrong category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Have you tried historical fiction??

rutherford366rutherford366over 2 years ago

I like alternate history stories and this was a very interesting one you created here.

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story. It's like a crazy version of The Handmaid's Tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cool story with an interesting use of world history. I might be over thinking it but I see this as a commentary of the sexism and misogyny of our world where women are treated like objects and how far it can get out of control.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There are lot of questions about this alternate world and how this works, but I can't imagine you can explain it all in one story.

Very good and well written. A++

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I thought it was good but you spent could've been shorter. Too much time explaining the background of this alternate world and you didn't have to mention all those regulations.

But it was was mostly a fun read so I'm giving it 4-stars.

The_Winter_WitchThe_Winter_Witchover 2 years ago

last wife 'sold' that way in England was in 1913

tangledweedtangledweedover 2 years ago

An interesting concept, even if it was a bit awkward to pull off, given all the rules explained. Anything slightly different in this category gets extra credit from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An alternate reality where all men are betas? More like hell.

DanDraperDanDraperover 2 years agoAuthor

@The_Winter_Witch Thank you. The research I did said it ended in the 1850's but I'll check it out.

DanDraperDanDraperover 2 years agoAuthor

@Wackdoodle I can understand if you gave it one star because you didn't like it, but because you felt it was in the wrong category? that's harsh.

turanga99turanga99over 2 years ago

Little too many rules too follow, but I love the crazy concept of this story.

Thanks for the fun read. 5-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was amusing and creative. The feminazi "sexism" bullshit was out of place and added nothing to the story, though. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great read. I really enjoyed this unusual world you created.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, this story didn't resonate with me At All. Maybe you have to be a lawyer to think all the explanations and subsections and other bullshit are interesting. It snot. I don't even care who's buying, who's selling, or what the outcome is. I hope others like it more. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story. It's alternate history, but I definitely can see a real world connection about sexism and society in this story.

charisma322charisma322over 2 years ago

My only complaint is that the sex scene between at the end was a little short. Hot, but short.

Other than that it was a very well-written and one of the more creative stories I've seen here in a while.

5-stars.

MrBoobsLoverMrBoobsLoverover 2 years ago

My only complaint is that the sex scene between at the end was a little short. Hot, but short.

Other than that it was a very well-written and one of the more creative stories I've seen here in a while.

5-stars.

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

far too convoluted

1. why get married at all if it opens being sold into slavery?

/

2. what kind of slavery gives 15%-30% of proceeds to the slave

/

3. what kind of moron allows himself to get divorced and put in a position to pay alimony to an ex wife when he could have sold her into slavery and avoided the mess altogether?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written but it's like so many on here. The ending is always rushed. Why?

maninconnmaninconnover 2 years ago
That was different!

And I liked it. It took a while to get used to the idea of selling someone, but after you exposed the power the wife actually had in determining her future, and the fact she benefitted financially from the sale, I could at least accept it as fiction. Thanks for writing!

DanDraperDanDraperover 2 years agoAuthor

@turanga I agree but I felt like if this was a real life situation then there would be a lot of regulations for this sort of thing. But I could've cut back on some of that.

DanDraperDanDraperover 2 years agoAuthor

@charisma322 It may seem short on in comparison to the much longer story. But I agree, I could've expanded on that scene a little more.

DanDraperDanDraperover 2 years agoAuthor

@maninconn Thank you. There was more power for the men in this situation, but I felt something should be given to the women in this alternate world so they could have some kind of rights in this situation.

NnnelsonNnnelsonalmost 2 years ago

I just love this selling the wife concept. I would have made a killing if this were legal.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your creativity is impressive, your story was unique and you are an excellent word smith. Thank you for the read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous