Wistful Game

Story Info
Two friends construct a kinky game that connects them.
3k words
4.47
4k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She woke up from a mid-afternoon nap with swirling thoughts and fragmented dreams still floating through her head. As she climbed out of bed, struggling to her feet, she began thinking about the might-have-beens from years past... and him... Dane. She thought back to being a teenager with the nostalgia of the two of them going to garage sales and concerts together. She recalled buying an old piccolo at one yard sale while he picked through old ham radio components. That day was hot, and they were tired at the end, but neither would have traded it for anything. They were inseparable in high school. She was the outgoing one and he was introspective.

It had been a long, exhausting week, and her girlfriends were coming over later to take her for a night out. Work always took a lot out of her, along with the routine of adult life. There was always plenty of frustration, loneliness, and depression to go around from all the responsibilities and millions of details that needed to be kept straight. Part of her wanted to go out for the night and part didn't. But Paula, the instigator of the girls' group, told the hermit side of her thoughts in no uncertain terms to shut up, as she needed to get out.

She shook her head at herself. Adult life never seemed to be as happy as it was portrayed when we were all kids. "Adulting" was not all it was cracked up to be. Work, bills, insurance, people that matter, people that don't matter, and the ever present "figuring out what I want to be when I grow up" all took their share. This ignored the fact that they had already grown up and had successful careers. But there was nothing like being stuck with the gen x and latchkey kid guilt.

In terms of romantic interests, there wasn't much going on in this small town, so the likelihood of anything interesting happening tonight was... faint... at best. "Next to nonexistent" would be closer to the mark. It was a small town outside a larger metropolis, and you could see modern influences in an older community that wanted to hold onto some ideas that were no longer fashionable.

She was feeling desperate to get out of the house and to see a different set of walls. Spending so much time in front of a camera for meetings and so much time in front of a screen trying to write made her feel like a shut in. But if she went out for the night, the time spent with others would be a good investment and offer a chance to relax to a degree.

It was time to get ready for the girls' night out, and her thoughts drifted back to a game that she and he used to play. For decades they had been friends... best friends... and a bit more than friends, but not quite lovers. This was the greatest what-if in her mind. What might have happened was something she would have liked to see, but only if it was a happy result. Losing his friendship would have been too much to bear. The chance of not having him as a friend and not texting him every day was too painful to consider, and there was nothing she'd do to risk it.

The game between "a bit more than friends" was on the risky side of things. It was absolutely scandalous in a small town. They both wanted more from life, but didn't want to risk ruining the ultimate friendship they'd built. Neither of them had a particularly pleasant time during or after college with their respective lives, but they had always helped each other. She knew that she could rely upon him, and he knew he could rely upon her. It didn't matter what the problem was, they were always there for each other. When in the same city, they were completely inseparable. But fate routinely conspired against them, and physical distance separated them more often than not. Both had started writing messages to each other multiple times, unbeknownst to the other, and every time decided that they shouldn't send those types of things in the end.

They were a pair that could take over the world if they chose to do so. They strongly complimented each other and could read each other like a book. She was gregarious, while he was reserved. She was difficult to embarrass, and he seemed to blush continuously. They brought out the best in each other, which is one of the reasons they were such good friends. If one was having a hard time, the other was on the phone to console them. She often referred to talking with him as her "glass of wine and Prozac". He always knew how to lift her spirits when she was frazzled.

They had come up with this game one night while chatting on the phone. Each of them had been drinking and smoking a good bit of weed before the conversation and during. They came up with a very naughty pact together. When they got together for a day-long adventure, she would wear a remote controlled vibrator, and he would wear a remote controlled cock ring. Each was controlled by the other's phone, with no loopholes permitted. The goal of the game was to get the other person to cum in public in the most surprising manner possible. The only safety rule was that it couldn't put anyone in danger. That meant you couldn't turn it on while driving. But walking through a museum, standing in line at the bar, or bowling... Yes, duck-pin bowling and the game was a competitive, shocking, and amusing combination. One time she'd toggled the ring at just the right time and what could have been a game winning spare turned into a slow rolling gutter-ball after just four feet of travel. During his bowl, he'd twitched and spasmed, then completely forgot about the ball. She had to put her arm around his side and guide him back to the seats for their lane. She had handily won that set of frames and bought the next round of beers.

It wasn't good enough to just turn the remote up on high and let the other person twitch, break out in a sweat, and go cross-eyed while waiting for dinner to arrive at the table. The game was to have the other person forget that the remote control was there, and then make something startlingly special occur. Bonus points were awarded for getting someone to emit squeaks, yelps, clenching the whole body, lose their train of thought in mid-sentence when talking with others, or otherwise destroying their composure.

She desperately missed his reassuring comments and presence. Even though they hadn't seen each other in a while, wearing the vibrator out at night without him brought about the same anticipation as the last time they met. Just knowing it was there made her feel special, even if no one held the other end of the controls. The game was special and shared only between them.

The last time they played this game together, the two of them were sitting around a fire pit at the local bar, lounging outdoors with his arm around her shoulder. There was a chill breeze in the early evening air. It was definitely going to be a nippy night. Surreptitiously using her phone from inside her pocket, she'd startled him enough that he had squealed a quick "yeeep" and his whole body tensed up, involuntarily squeezing her shoulder into his side. He had been lifting his martini to take a sip, and this caused him to let it tumble to land on his slacks. To his relief, the liquor covered up the stain he'd just created himself from the inside. She chuckled without remorse, half at him and half for him, while watching his face turn red and then white and then red again. It was always a set of mental gymnastics to figure out which of them was winning the game at any given point. Was it better to cause a reaction that half resembled a seizure, or to be on the receiving end?

He closed his eyes for a moment, slowed his breathing, licked his lips a few times, and straightened himself in his seat. A deep amused chuckle that was meant only for her leaked from his chest, and then he grinned with a smile that most definitely reached his eyes. He reached across her to pick up her wrap from the armrest, put it around her shoulders, and repositioned his arm around her. She snuggled into his side to keep warm, enjoying the moment of calm. She slowly let her thoughts drift off towards the edge of sleep, just enjoying the companionship, feeling their chests rising with each breath, the breeze, and crackle of the fire.

The little pink vibrator pod slowly, ever so slowly, started to move. It steadily increased in intensity, with random zaps and pulses thrown in for good measure. Her eyes clenched closed the rest of the way while enjoying the texture of his dress shirt on her cheek. She twitched a few times, then with a half concealed quiver and a death grip on his arm, she felt warmth running down the inside of her leg and a few beads of sweat ran down the side of her exposed neck. When she finally released his forearm and cracked her eyes open, she realized she had covered up the martini spill by involuntarily pouring her beer on him and dabbed her hand on his wet crotch. A crotch that now smelled like juniper berries, beer, and the funk of cum... not that hers was at all dry now.

Her jaw was clenched and wet from a bit of saliva she'd drooled onto his shirt during her "momentary crisis". She giggled, peeled her face off of his shirt, looked up, and grinned. Redness faded from her face, only to be replaced by a mischievous look that settled comfortably into place. He kissed her on the forehead and continued to turn darker shades of red from both his embarrassment and what he would have experienced in her place. She smiled at his expense, while he knew she didn't feel any embarrassment at all. It was clear to her that in his eyes she could command him to launch a thousand ships. She just hoped she didn't precipitate anything like a modern day equivalent of the Trojan war. The feeling of power over him was reassuring and intoxicating.

Pulling herself back to the present, she prepared herself for the girlfriends to arrive. Paula, Nadine, Sam, and Sophia were going to be here to pick her up shortly. She showered, picked up the little pink vibrator orb and slid it in. She always made sure it was charged and turned on every single time she went out. A longing flush quickly raced across her cheeks and anticipation she knew wouldn't be fulfilled rose within her. A little shutter traveled down her neck and spine as she shimmied into a dark blue dress. It was the same dress she wore the last time she saw him. She was radiant in it and lit up the room as if a spotlight were upon her. The dry cleaner had really applied their magic, and you couldn't tell how bad the mess in the dress had been previously.

The girlfriends arrived in their modern day finery, packed themselves into their Uber, and departed for their evening out. They had dinner, drinks, traded juicy stories about their various workplaces along with other local gossip, and a couple of the girls flirted with people at the bar. She wasn't getting anything from the local scene, and in the back of her mind she kept thinking of him. Sam, the most mousy yet observant of the group, commented on her far away stare along with the wistful and slightly sad look in the corner of her eye.

After a couple of hours at the bar, she and Nadine went outside to smoke a joint. She was hoping it would distract her and shed some of the tension she was feeling. They walked the hundred feet to the railing in front of the riverfront to smoke and chatted about nothing of any consequence, but that only made her crave an emotional connection more. Staring out across the water, she got out her phone, opened the app for the cock ring, and pressed the button to start it buzzing. She knew the action was in vain, but did it anyway. There was no way the recipient was close enough for her phone to connect to the ring and turn it on. Her thoughts drifted along the water on the chill breeze. After a while the night started to wind down, the two returned to the bar, and all the girls packed into their ride to head home.

Their Uber driver didn't care if they smoked in the car, so the group shared a couple more joints on the way home. Eventually the car pulled up to the sidewalk in front of her place, dropping her off first before continuing on with the others. She said her goodbyes to the group, walked up to her door, hesitantly unlocked it, and paused. She didn't know why she felt slightly nervous, but there was something.... She opened the door and walked in, sighing, and feeling a slight buzz... both from the weed and from the vibrator.

But it couldn't have been the vibrator. She took a moment and convinced herself she had just imagined the sensation. She'd completely forgotten it was there, which in the end really was the main goal of the game, followed by the surprise. But in remembering, she smiled to herself and decided to wear the little pink orb all night. Her desperate hope was that imagination would do more for her as she slept. She mentally dubbed the pink orb her lucky rabbit's foot, her good luck talisman.

She locked the door behind her, dropped her purse and keys on the kitchen table, and climbed the stairs to her bedroom while keeping her phone in her hand. The phone was tossed onto the bed and the deep blue dress went on a hanger to be sent to the cleaners again. But this time it did not need nearly as much attention from the dry cleaner. She put on a white satin nightshirt and let her hair down to sleep. The evening was cool, the bed was warm with all its covers, and she was hoping to feel more at peace in the morning.

As she crawled into bed towards the middle of the big mattress, she felt another tingle. This too must have been her imagination working overtime. But imagination or not, it still felt wonderful. It was making things warm, a little slippery, and even more sensitive. She desperately kept hoping the tingles would continue as she dreamed. She set the app to automatically toggle the vibrator on his cock ring randomly throughout the night and placed the phone on the night table... if her phone was ever close enough to connect to the ring. It was a vain hope, one that was completely illogical, but she smiled at it anyway with a half dirty and half longing grin.

Settling comfortably under the covers, she pulled an extra large pillow to her side and wrapped her arms around it. She snuggled up against the long pillow, wondering when she'd get to see him next. The warmth of the covers and the warmth of her memories offset the cool air in the room. It felt good to just enjoy memories of the past, letting the pleasant half dreams and her imagination caress her. The sense of longing was incredibly powerful, and she let the results of her dreams console her pleasantly.

Her eyes gently closed, her breathing slowed, and her face relaxed. Then her eyes popped open in shock as another very tangible vibration rippled through her. A half cut off "Ungh!" emanated from her throat and she blinked. That was strong! Is my imagination really that powerful?

***

As the sun rose and started to filter in through the window, she woke with a gasp and heard a definite buzzing emanating from below the sheets. Her thighs were very wet, warm, and not just a little shaky. Her fingers reached in that direction, feeling just how slick she was. The dream fragments she remembered were a jumble of excitement, pleasant quivering tension, longing, hot desperation, frantic physical contact, a sense of belonging, and overwhelming contentment. As she pulled aside the covers, the vibrating orb was there on the sheets, freshly wet and buzzing like mad. How? She must have cum at least a few times, if not more, popping out the vibrator. And as she moved to sit up she could feel the little tremors continuing to flow through various muscles still, each one put a little smile on her face and an unrepentant gleam in her eye.

How?!? What? Ungh! I need more of that!!! DAMN IT! She let out a frustrated sigh. Why hadn't we tried for more? We are both adults, after all!

She relished the feelings for a few moments more and then calmed her breathing, preparing to start the day. As she moved herself onto the edge of the bed, she noticed a blinking text notification on her phone.

From: Dane

6:43am: You know I worry about you and I couldn't stop thinking about you last night. I wanted to see how you were doing. Would you like to go out for a day in a few weeks? I'm booking a flight soon to get there.

6:47am: I had the most incredible dreams last night. I imagined we were playing the game we invented. ;)

6:48am: Our birthdays are coming up soon. We could take the day to throw ourselves a super soft birthday party if you'd like. Think about what kind of day adventure you'd like.

6:51am: I need to get moving on my laundry and other chores. I seemed to have made a mess. :P I hope you are feeling well this morning.

...to be continued.