Work Experience Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We laughed together and she asked me what I did and I explained it as best I could.

"Your boss sounds great." she said.

"Yes, she is." I replied. "How long have you been doing your degree?"

"This is my third year." she said. That would put her at around 21 years old.

She explained that her family lived in this area but she that was not close with them. The visit was due to her mother being taken ill, which was one reason she was a bit tetchy that evening. But she didn't want to stay at the family home so she was at this hotel.

"Well, I do hope your mother is better soon." I said.

"Thanks." she replied.

By now the bar had thinned out and I noticed Suzanne had left. My phone suddenly buzzed in my pocket.

"Girlfriend?" asked Vanessa with a grin.

I looked at the message.

"Boss." I said, "I don't have a girlfriend."

Suzanne had messaged: 'Get her telephone number. Tell me all about it in the morning. Don't stay up too late. Good luck.'

Vanessa yawned.

"Sorry, it's not you. Just tired after today. It's been stressful, to say the least." she said. "I think it's time I went. It's been nice chatting with you though."

"Oh and me too, I mean chatting with you. May....can I...I mean, could we exchange numbers?"

Vanessa thought for a moment.

"Sure." she said.

I had a sudden brainwave and fished out of my phone wallet one of the business cards that Mrs Gregory had given me.

"Here." I said, "That's me."

She smiled.

"Okay Steve. I'll text you. Thank you for being good company and....for being decent." she said and I watched her leave.

I realised I couldn't leave now because that would put us both in the same lift which might come across as a bit creepy to her, so I waited a discrete amount of time and then made my way to my room.

I figured I probably wouldn't hear from her, but at least I had managed to chat someone up. I felt good about it.

My phone buzzed and I expected to see Suzanne messaging me, but it wasn't. It was Vanessa.

"Had a really lovely time talking with you. I'm a little bit introverted at times and probably seemed uninterested, but that's not the case. I would like to see you again. Stay in touch. Goodnight x"

It was the 'x' that did it for me.

I quickly texted back and wished her a good night too, and then texted Suzanne.

I went to bed thinking of Vanessa.

Friday

I showered and dressed and went down for breakfast. All the time I was hoping I would see Vanessa but didn't.

Mrs Gregory was waiting at a table and had ordered her breakfast.

I sat opposite.

"So?" she said, eagerly, "How'd it go?"

I grinned and told her everything I had found out and the showed her the message.

Mrs Gregory sat back in her chair, a strange look came over her face and then she blinked a couple of times and smiled again.

"Well done you." she said, "Proud of you. I really am." The she paused. "Don't fuck it up!"

"Gee thanks!" I said in a mock hurt voice.

"Okay, back to work. If we can get done here by 3:00pm we might miss the worst of the traffic, but if not, it's going to be a bloody long day for the both of us.

So put all thoughts of vivacious Vanessa out of your dirty little mind and concentrate on getting through this day."

I did detect a difference between us now. I mean, I had only just met Vanessa, but Mrs Gregory seemed a little detached from me, and that made me feel a little sad.

But, as she said, we had to concentrate and I couldn't spend all day thinking about petite brunettes with long curly hair and very kissable lips.