All Comments on 'You Can Go Home Again'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 803 Comments (Page 2)
666iceman666icemanabout 7 years ago
If some don't get it I DO!

Randi, another fantastic story you have posted, those who write the negative harsh reviews are lost causes and need to get their own life. I for one realize you do not write many stories yet you are involved in many ways with a great deal more. I only ask for you to write a little more often as you have a special way with words, and if I can be allowed to give a tad in the way of advice, it would be to ignore those nobh**ds who do nothing but criticize often hiding behind the anon not even brave enough to stand up and be counted. I always give you 5* as I feel you deserve that score you never fail to entertain and work my imagination. '666Iceman'

kimi1990kimi1990about 7 years ago
@ anonymous I don't get it.

No, obviously you don't. If you think HIV's comment was a negative review, go check out his review on KK's story.

Oh, yes, women are always "fawned over" on this site. That's the joke of the year. "Cunt," is the most common appellation, at least for people like you.

What is it, exactly, that you contribute to this site? While it is true that Randi had to take down many of her stories and can only write collaborations now, she has found ways to contribute. She edits for half the people on here and got this together. What have you done? If people such as these authors consider her a "legend," who are you to complain? What are your credentials?

The truth is, you just want to rain on the parade that 99 percent of us readers thought was the greatest thing that's ever happened here.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Well Worth The Read!

Thanks for this story, Randi, and thank you a zillion times over for the amazing gaggle of authors and stories that you pulled together for Legends Day! I'm sure it must have felt like herding cats at times, but the resulting feast of stories has been a real treat!

This one certainly ranks right up there with your best, and I'm sure I'm not the only fan who's sorry that you felt the need to remove most of your stories from this site. I don't really understand how your short stories could be in competition with your novels and novellas that you're selling elsewhere, but that's your call as their author.

Happy Legends Day/Weekend! And thanks again!

ohioohioabout 7 years ago
Very well-done!

A very sweet story, beautifully told and very well-written.

I can't help noticing how often stories in LW simply come down to poor communication, men or women flying off the handle, making stupid assumptions, etc. [The other alternative is always worse: nymphomania, malignant selfishness, blackmail, cruelty....] If only Ripley and Kaine had been able to talk to one another calmly and share their feelings, all this pain could have been avoided--but then we wouldn't have Randi's wonderful story!

Thanks, ohio

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

aside from the bit where no one could tell him he was a father. She stole time with his daughter from him and the real reason he didn't know was because she wanted to use her daughter to get him back. At least she realizes that fact in the story and stops doing it. That puts her above the other characters I've seen this plot from. The fact that his parents didn't tell him is too terrible to think about really. Would they have just gone on in perpetuity leaving him in the dark if he wanted nothing to do with Ripley?

Outside of that though I really enjoyed it.

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
Oh yeah

and a major thank you for setting this legends thing up. Truly awesome work there.

maninconnmaninconnabout 7 years ago
Legend.

Thank you for this story, and this project!

Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
@blackrandl1958

Thank you for your answer...I rarely hand 5* out, just because stories like this one. If I handed 5* to every good story, how would I distinguish stories like this one? And I can say again: You are a hell of a writer! It's always a pleasure to read your stories. And as @Harddaysknight said: "Randi has shown us who the legends are"!

K.K.K.K.about 7 years ago
Great Read

The only thing I can tell you, Randi is that it's a good thing you edited my story instead of the other way around. This was an enjoyable read. *****

KK

BillandKateBillandKateabout 7 years ago
Hall of Fame Worthy

Great story and great ending. Thanks for setting up the Legends and for this wonderful contribution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A really heart warming romance.

I understand why you needed him for the plot, but why impugn Ripley's intelligence and self respect by having had her dating, and obviously fucking, an asshole like Jeff, especially when she was still trying to reconnect with her husband? That she was even considering Jeff as a possible replacement for Kaine, and as Makenna's step father, is inconceivable. But that was the only flaw I found in the entire story.

I really enjoyed the bonding between Kaine and Makenna, and illustrating how he needed to play catch up with Ripley in becoming an decent father. You also did a credible job showing how Ripley had matured and improved with time and experience. I wonder if she would have matured as well if Kaine had stayed around, not forcing her to grow up and face her failure as a wife and partner.

Also, thanks for Legends Day. That was very generous of your time and efforts, for most people you hardly know and will never meet. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent story telling

Although I thought Kaine was the weak link. He was the immature one and I wasn't completely convinced he deserved either Makenna or her Mother. But this was a fairy tale so it had to have a fairy tale ending. Well played.

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 7 years ago
Thank you

for your help in turning around the momentum of change that has been sweeping through LW. We were heading to an all 'cuck' format because the noisy few keep berating the quality authors for not writing the kinds of stories they wanted. Too much unwarranted criticism can cause people to say "why bother?" The legends day seems to be just the ticket to at least get people moving in a more positive direction.

Terrific writing and fantastic story-telling. Full marks. Easily! *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Failure to communicate

That is the heart of relationships that fail. Ripley couldn't let Kaine know what she was feeling, and he couldn't listen to her. They were good people, but had huge flaws.

I feel that they still have huge flaws, but they're working on it. How could they not? They have Makenna. That's a wonderful name, by the way. There's no way that they can fail her. I knew where the story was going from the time Kaine saw the "big gun," but that's okay. The ride getting there was the important thing. I agree that this was more of a romance. Maybe there needs to be a "marital strife" category like your tag says. Regardless, this was as good as any story this weekend. You definitely belong on this list. You are a legend. I don't think anyone in recent memory has made the impact you have. Love or hate, there can be no doubt that you are a first rate talent, and someone who gives back to the site, writers and readers. You have my respect.

RasmatRasmatabout 7 years ago
Another excellent story.

As your fans have come to expect. Was very surprised when, suddenly, all of your earlier stories weren't there anymore and your Bio page had changed completely. It makes rereading some great stories or forwarding a link to a friend impossible, I think. I do like the new photo, though. I feared you were leaving us for greater opportunities. Have you considered compiling your earlier work into an ebook or series of ebooks. Should be a lucrative venture. Five and Faved, as always for this author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
not real practical

If I knew I was pregnant and knew where the father was - no matter how far (and still within the US), I'd make myself available. How freaking ridiculous!

There is not enough of the "love" required - being shown by the woman. Child or not, I'd always wonder....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well, I finished reading them.

TTT's is still going, but I've read all the rest. It's hard to pick which one I liked best, but yours is right there, lady. You are one hell of a writer and this was one hell of a story. I just wanted to come back after reading them and tell you thanks for the best weekend of reading I've ever had. These stories are as good as a lot of professional stories I've read. I would pay money to have them in a book. I wonder if Literotica has thought about collecting them like that. Thanks again, for the story and the event.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Bravo Maestra!

You made a scenario where this macho Mex-Neck could believe in reconciling with an ex who "left" a man. Well expressed. OldBearSwitch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Loved it

Thanks for the Wild Weekend of (Loving) Wives! I've missed a lot of the authors you roped into this event, you in particular. Your story touched me. (No, not there!) The only wrong note for me was her persistent use of the words 'coward' and 'running away'. Those are so pejorative that they are way more likely to incite ill feeling than romance or even friendship. It made me wonder just how much love was really there? That being said, it's your story and you know what's behind blue eyes. Again, thank you and welcome home. Don't be a stranger.

NariToreNariToreabout 7 years ago
@Anon not real practical

I can't believe this...you are either ignoring the obvious or just stupid....she just found out she was pregnant, and when you are pregnant, even that far early in the pregnancy, you don't risk the baby by flying all the way out to Alaska to chase a man....hell for all the inane decisions she made early on, the one I actually agreed with was her choosing to stay and getting help from the parents with the pregnancy instead chasing something that may not work out....do you know long she would've had to stay in Alaska to get him back? who would be stupid enough to risk their child for that

Also Excellent story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Yowza! 127 comments!

Usually, you have to write a story that seriously pisses people off to get that many comments. Well, you just proved that you're the exception. You wrote a story that was so good and so sweet that people just loved it and said so. That's quite an accomplishment.

I wonder what happened to all the jerks who said you didn't belong here (I'm thinking of one in particular), or this wasn't going to happen went to? Talk about having some egg on your face! Great job, great idea, great writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Oh, that was another of the best stories on the whole site....

.....you move us through the story with a grace and litheness that belies the expressions of hurt and anger from both characters. Masterful, it was!

One little detail....the guy has obviously been almost utterly alone and sulking for three years.....how is it he comes to have scented massage oil in his bathroom?

Not to ick, but that seems so far out of character for a man like you describe here...it

literally shon like a jagged piece of a broken mirror in the sun. Anomalous, ya know?

So, as usual, I find myself trapped in the story within a few lines. We immediately care about the characters and wonder what will come next in the narrative.

You have caught me. I'm a fan. I hope you'll contribute often, as it lights up the place and brings sanity to a world where there is little to be found.

Thank you!

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 7 years ago
Wow!

Loved it!

My sincere thanks to the author

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Great story. I would probably have done the same as him if my wife said she was moving out for a while that is not normal. Also there would have been lots of anger toward my parents for not telling me that I had a child. Also and this is a little shallow I would need to know about her dating and sex partners. If she was off the rails slutting it up it would have been a problem for me. It doesn't seem to be her personality but based on her attitude before the divorce. She had a few years to date and I'd need to know who and if they were people she was around all the time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Saved this until last

What a way to finish. I'm so glad I saved this. I'm going away from this event with a little spring in my step. You are always so optimistic and happy. I think you must make a lot of days for the people you meet. Thank you for this wonderful, romantic and loving story. Great story, great event. Thanks. Now back to the everyday humdrum.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 7 years ago
Excellent

I left this one of the legends to last because I felt certain it would be a first rate tale, and I was not disappointed. My only have only one negative which is that bit of gratuitous sex at the end. I felt it was totally unnecessary, and slightly detracted from the yarn. I know on this site almost no one will agree with me on this point.

night4younight4youabout 7 years ago
Fantastico!

Many thanks to you Blackrandl1958 for organzing the legends day stories - and a particular thank you for this great contribution.

I like happy endings but I also enjoy if there is a entertaining and emotianal storyline.

I loved to read this story all through - thank you met my taste very well.

Night

FireFox59FireFox59about 7 years ago
Thank You

Enjoyed your story as always. Thank you so much for organizing the "Legends Day". Had a wonderful couple of days reading the stories!!!!!

Richie4110Richie4110about 7 years ago
Great feel good story.

First, thanks for the remarkable gift of getting all those wonderful writers to submit stories for our nostalgic pleasure. Still reading them after these few days. The new Literotica format allows putting them in the "read later" folder.

Your story might as easily fit into the Romance category. But I liked it here because of the early misunderstanding that led to doubt whether she would fail or had failed and would surprise him at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
the knight in shin8jg armor was a real cheap way to get them together but it's ok i guess

Honestly i would have understood them being friends. Back in a relationship just didn't make sense the author thought so too I'm guessing. That seems to be the only reason for the random slash attack. Disappointing. If they can't get back together than they can't. Don't pull ridiculous nonsense to force a relationship to happen. That's lazy writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow

There's no doubt about it. You are one of the top five writers on this site, girl. The diversity of the stories you're written (where did they go, by the way) is just astounding. Still, you keep coming back with these amazing touching love stories that you do better than anyone else, ever. Thanks for the incredible story, and thanks for putting this together. I saved your story for last. I knew it would be first class.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story from a hell of a writer

I loved a lot of things about your story. The main one is that it was about two flawed people, no "perfect heroe" here. Just two people in love who make mistakes and try to patch up things the best they can. She was a bit too abusive for my taste, and maybe a little more flawed than him, but in any case she fought hard to regain his love back.

Great story. Thanks for writing and sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Communication

More than one time, failing to talk screwed up everything between husband and wife. Approaching the partner about the affair before they have a chance to make up an explain story will probably bring the truth sooner than waiting. Not saying that it can be talked out because pride causes problems to continue, but not talking is worse.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 7 years ago
5 Stars!

I really hope you write more "Loving Wives" stories. This is really a brilliant read. Two good people who get their wires crossed. The wife is smarter than the husband and she loves him dearly but expresses herself to him poorly. A husband who knows she's the clever one of this pair which drives his burst of low self image behaviors including the divorce. And a woman who is smart enough to see the good qualities of a man who divorced her to track him down and win him back. This is great story telling. The theme where an intelligent, successful , caring, loving wife who steers the marriage in a good way, who is in control of herself sexually, but fails in understanding her husband's need to be assured of her love for him short of hitting him on the head with a frying pan while shouting, "I will love you forever", should be explored more on this site. You did a terrific job with that theme here. I think you could become the expert with that. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just Saying

I have read most of your stories and I can't really argue with most of the reader comments. You do excellent work. Two things did bother me though. When they were first getting back together, she got mad and said if HE hadn't bailed , they would have never spent so much time apart. I couldn't believe he didn't become incensed . If SHE hadn't bailed, they never would have been apart. And , the fact was, she was not really remorseful about having left. Quite the contrary, she said she was right to have done it. She found herself. Frankly it just made me think she should never have married in the first place. The only I Granted, she did say she was sorry for hurting him. I wonder how she would have reacted if it was Kaine who said I need space? I'm leaving; getting my own place. Secondly, in spite of what she said about her role at the fundraiser, she totally disrespected him. Why did she even need him there if she was going to ignore him, dance with anyone who asked, without asking Kaine's approval, and not even bother to introduce him to anyone. Her treatment of him was cold and crass. I believe his response was warranted. The relationship was still shaky and she really pretty much ignored him. To me her actions were classless. Please don't feel like I'm trashing your story. It seems that these two things were done to keep a little suspense. To me , she was more beautiful outside than inside. Thanks for the story. It was excellent enough to make me want to comment.

SteveWallaceSteveWallaceabout 7 years ago
Best Story Ever

Well, pretty close anyway. Great piece of work. Fab character development all around. 5* ain't enough.

PearDrop3PearDrop3about 7 years ago
Brilliant Story

One of the best stories I have read on this site in a long while. Please keep writing, and of course, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Damn! What a story.

My eyes were leaking when I finished reading this. Must be allergy season :-) I sure didn't want it to end. That's as sweet a love story as I've ever read. You get top marks and I wish I could give you more. If it wasn't for the trolls here it would be in the top lists. This is one tough crowd.

LamwayLamwayabout 7 years ago
Some comments should just be deleted

For example, the previous one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
To the fuckwad who wrote the "Nigger randy" comment.

I hope someday your find yourself in a position where your life depends on some minority helping you. I believe you'd spit in their face afterward. You can't even spell her name right.

Randi, I apologize to you on behalf of anonymous commentators. We're not all racist assholes. I'm an old white fart, but I have tremendous respect for you. You catch a ration of shit from a bunch of morons who can't tie your shoes, and you just keep doing what you do. This was a great story and a great event and most of us have our hats off to you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
FINALLY!!

A story written from a real woman's perspective. Women think with the heart not the pussy. Love and sex is between the ears and that's where real womens' relationships reside. Most of these stories seem to be written by women hating men who have the belief that women are just like sex maniac men except with a cunt. The truth is so very far removed from that misguided fantasy as to make their stories nothing more than bewildering drivel.

Kudos to BlackRandle1958 for a well written, realistic story of true emotion.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 7 years ago
Another

great one br. An interesting story from you, not quite like your regular stuff. But, a great one. thanks for sharing.

slm59slm59about 7 years ago
Thank you Randi!!!

Once again you've written a great story that captured my imagination from the beginning to the end. Just as your other fans do, I appreciate your exceptional ability to entertain us and keep us coming back for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Not Your Best

First, thank you so much for organizing Legends Day. I can't imagine the work involved in putting that together. So, much appreciated.

Regarding this story, I'm usually a big fan of yours and the writing in this one is excellent as usual. However, the plot and plot holes detract from the story. I echo Sugna's comments. In today's world people can always be found. She drive a Mercedes. She can avoid a PI. So I don't buy her whole story. And his parents knew he had a daughter and never told him? That is an unforgivable offense.

The other issue I have is the introduction of Makenna. Bringing a child into the equation to push a reconciliation, to me, is a cheap and overused tactic. Don't get me wrong, I thought she was miles away the best character of the story. But what would have the story been without her? Would Kaine have taken Ridley back if there wasn't a daughter involved? I don't know, but the way you wrote him, I think it unlikely.

In the end, it's a nice, somewhat sappy story. I like to think that the pressure and time of working on Legends Day and editing other writer's stories contributed to the weakness of your own. I'll take it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story

I agree somewhat with the previous poster who said there were some questionable plot decisions. The big one to me is his parents not telling him about Makenna. As you wrote it, of course, they were never sure she was really his child, but they could have submitted DNA and that could have been established.

In spite of that, I believe this is one of the best stories that has been written here. It was more of a romance than a LW story, as others have pointed out, but there was enough to fit the category. You are a supremely talented writer, and, as always, your writing is flawless from a mechanical standpoint. The pacing was excellent. You developed the characters as you always do. They grew, changed and felt real to me. I started out not caring for either adult that much, but that's what you intended. By the end, I liked them deeply and hoped they would work it all out. People aren't perfect, and they were far from perfect, but they were working on it. They felt like good people who made some huge blunders along the way.

It's hard to argue with 40,000 views, 129 favorites, 150 comments and a 4.60+ score. Obviously, you're one of the most popular writers out there. This story shows why. For some reason, having nothing to do with your writing or anything you do, you also seem to be one of the most controversial. You seem to provoke extreme reactions. Most love your writing and you have a huge following of fierce defenders. A few hate the air you breathe. There must be something going on I don't understand. At any rate, thank you for the thrilling story and the event. Jerry in Akron.

LalawmanLalawmanabout 7 years ago
Thanks!

I really like your stories. Please continue to surprise us from time to time.

JackmoftenJackmoftenabout 7 years ago
He Is A Wimp

No matter what he shouldn't get back with her. He should just pay the child support and get on with his life.

smmhomesmmhomeabout 7 years ago
Wonderful tale..

... filled with human characters that are flawed and evolving, growing.

While there may be an opportunity to quibble here or there, why bother. A seriously well-made LW drama. This will immediately be placed on my favorites list.

Thank you.

happyjack921happyjack921about 7 years ago
LOVED IT!

IT BROUGHT BACK MEMORIES, EARLY IN MY MARRIAGE, MY WIFE LEFT WITH OUR CHILDREN, WE HAD SOME DIFFICULTIES/ISSUES, I DIDN'T RUN AWAY, DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING, NOT EVEN THE LOCKS, SHE RETURNED ONE NIGHT, WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER 35+ YEARS.

cpetecpeteabout 7 years ago
Really Fine tale

had all the classic elements, -betrayal, revenge, remorse, redemption, + kids and dogs. What more could you want? Easy 5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I don't think you can just leave someone on a whim and ever expect to explain it away

She expected him to understand? Tell me how can the hurt ever really go away? What does it matter if she explains her reasons when the terrible hurt has already been done. Why should he allow a daily reminder even if he loved her and she still loves him? What exactly does she deserve? The more I think about it, absolutely nothing. I think I would tell her, if it makes you feel any better, I forgive you, but I don't ever want to see you again. Move on I have.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What a story!

There can be no question that you are one of the best writers and most talented storytellers to have ever crossed these pages. All the great authors who have commented on your stories erase all doubt of that.

That being said, and as much of a warm feeling as this story gave me, the ending is not one that I could personally live with. Your characters did, and you made me believe in them, but I don't have that in me. That probably means you're a bigger person than me. Still, the writing and the crafting you put into this are far beyond what we usually see here. Five stars. Hope to see more. Don't let your professional career stop you from giving us a story now and again. Thanks for allowing anonymous comments.

lerenardruselerenardruseabout 7 years ago
Amazing Story

Fantastic story, well written, I couldn't stop till I'd got to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I'm sure my opinion isn't popular

But I didn't like the plot. Sure it has what might be considered a happy ending by some, but personally I don't think Riley and Kaine should have reconciled.

Yes Ripley admitted to in her words fucking up by leaving but she also put some of the blame on Kaine. If he only would have understood her issue, if he didn't get so upset and hurt, if he didn't run away, etc. She also admitted to not regretting her decision to leave, although she seemed unsure towards the end. This means she did not regret putting Kaine through hell for years and all of that entailed. She was upset and hurt that Kaine reacted badly to her spur of the moment announcement (at least to him) that she was moving out, that he wasn't enough for her, and she needed to find herself and be free. Oh sure she intended that he be around for charity sex whenever she felt like it and was upset that he didn't understand. How the hell is a spouse supposed to act when they are told the other person wants out even temporarily and needs to find themselves? Obviously divorce is the next step and why would Ripley think otherwise except for her extreme selfishness.

Ripley at least twice while claiming she loved only Kaine throughout her life stated she was faithful up to the time of the divorce. While having sex with others after being divorced is in itself not a problem, how can she justify that she loved him but was having sex with others. Clearly if she loved him and could have sex with others, she could also do this while married, or at the least it is conceivable that it could happen in the future. Her statements were ignored by Kaine.

While proclaiming her intent to try to make it work and needing him, Ripley once again completely ignores Kaine at the charity event. Oh sure she claims efficiency, but that is just BS. Any person wanting to "win" an ex that had been screwed by bad decisions would do everything they could to include the other person. Clearly she didn't need or want Kaine around except when it was convenient for her, as shown by her treatment of him during and after the party.

I'm not going to go into her treatment of him on the boat or her verbal abuse. Yeah, sounds like she wants him back.

Also she kept Makenna from him for years. How hard would it have Benn to contact his lawyer to pass along news, or critical information, or get a paternity test. For that matter why didn't she insisted on his parents telling him? Or how about hiring a PI.

She also seemed to flaunt that she didn't need him. She bragged about making more, flaunted her expensive toys, and clearly was proud of herself for being independent and not reliant on him in any way.

Of course the whole thing started because she wanted to be independent and not part of the team that she formed when she got married. Getting married is all about rework and doing for the other person instead of yourself. She is and was too selfish to understand that.

Kaine should be extremely upset at his parents for keeping his daughter away from him for 3 years. Clearly they are just as bad as Ripley. I can't imagine not telling my son about any child that he has.

And Kaine while much better a person than Ripley in my opinion is immature. Running away from Ripley for Over 3 years? Come on man, grow a pair! Also not paying attention to a 3 year old in the wilderness? Any other guy would be terrified of something happening to the girl on the first time out on their own. Any other guy would have never gone into the river in the first place, let alone not checked on her every 10 seconds. Either Kaine is extremely ignorant, naive, or the author does not understand how a guy would react in this situation.

Finally this story seems to imply that while Ripley acknowledged her part in the divorce and following years, she certainly wanted Kaine to shoulder much of the burden. He blew up and overreacted in her opinion. And she had little to no regret or remorse over the whole incident. And she continued to treat him as a lesser person in the relationship. Why the hell would Kaine want to go back to that? She has no redeeming qualities described in story except for being smoking super hot. She is one of the most selfish characters on this site that claims otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@ anon "my opinion isn't popular."

You hated the story, but it moved you to write a comment half as long as the story was. Seems like you must have been into it, even if you didn't like the characters. I'm pretty sure that's the mark of a top story. Why did you keep reading? You kept reading because BR1958 is the kind of writer that you can't stop, even if you disagree with the things her characters do.

Only the very best writers can do that. Only the best stories drag you along, even when you feel as strongly as you obviously do, you kept reading, you finished the story and you were so passionately moved that you made a long comment. I think that says all that needs to be said about this writer and this story. It gets top marks from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@ anonymous 4/17 who made the "Nigger Randi," comment

What the fuck is your problem, asswipe? There wasn't a single mention of race in this story. Everyone in it was white. Your racist idiocy is sickening. Although I am a 56 year old white man, I have tremendous respect for this girl. She writes some of the best stories ever written on this site, and they're not about race. The only time I've ever seen her mention it was when someone made some racist death threat against her.

Not only that, but she put together the best day of reading we've ever had here. We're lucky to get one good story a day and she talked 17 of the greatest writers ever into posting on one day. I don't think she got paid for that. She did it for the readers on this site, including me. So fuck you, and your racist bullshit. You're an embarrassment to white people.

qhml1qhml1about 7 years ago
You're wrong

Annie isn't an embarrassment to white people. He's an embarrassment to the human race.

Q

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Loved it!!!

Well written and holds attention. Just shows how a woman can really screw up a man. Keep up the fine writing.

eodomeodomabout 7 years ago
Always interesting

s always a good plot and engaging story line. It's a shame the low class have to show their infantile ignorance and racist stupidity in public. Keep the stories coming for fans line me ❤️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
CLASS

Any one who thinks that race make's any difference is truly a first class moron. Randi has written some of the very best stories ever posted here. She has not fallen back on the race crutch. Randi just rights one hell of a good story with this one being right up there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A great story

A great story. I just don't agree with what you wrote about the fun raising thingy. She was thoughtless again. it was supposed to be some kind of first date for them and then all of the sudden she left him to flirt around. How was he supposed to feel? He tried to talk to her and she abused him (there's too much of abusive behaviour from her too even when she was the one that fucked things up).

Your writing is great and touching as usual, I just don't get like her too much in the way you wrote her. She doesn't act like someone in love, just like a rich spoiled woman who wants someone back without thinking much about what he wants.

I would have liked some background about him too: did he date someone? What happened? If he didn't, why not? We know about her relationship with that asshole, why didn't she came clean with him? He has all the reason iun the world not to trust her of feel jealolus. He thought she was playing him. How a woman who was supposed to grow up could date such an assshole? I can't believe she didn't notice his true colors..

So great writing but some holes at least for me.

Thanks for the Legends btw, great idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sorry author, very off topic...

...but can you tell to TTT to hurry fuck up with last chapter of a story that you edited? And no reflection on your story.

Btw he should have controlled process of DNA test. This selfish and manipulative cunt could have easily fabricate it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Really Enjoyed This One!

Excellently written story with characters so-well developed that I frlt that I knew them,by story's end. I had strong visuals of Ripley and Makenna based on the many and vivid descriptions but,couldn't quite get a clear picture in my mind of exactly how Kaine was supposed to appear.

This story rated 5+ !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
connections

Loved the story I wonder if anyone else connected ripley with zuul subtle. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Beautiful *****

In my humble opinion, this is one of the best stories in the Loving Wives section. Two nice people who get their wires crossed, who really love each other, and through faults they both share mess up a good thing. I love a good BTB story, but there is always room in my list of reading for a reconciliation story. This could be a very good movie. Thank you author for sharing your very talented skills as a wordsmith. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
love your writing

However something is off with Ripley character. Same with her ex.

The whole time reading story her excuse for leaving, her regular statements about being faithful until divorce leave a lot of questions. She obviously did go out looking for other men, but no account except Jeff is mentioned, and she doesn't break it off with Jeff until after tracking down husband. Almost as if she wanted fall back guy.

Then ex is deserted at function and it is somehow his fault. She builds it up as date then ignores him in group of people none of whom he knows. Oh yeah would have been so difficult to introduce him.

I was on ex's side until his actions following him losing daughter.

Please understand, I CHERISH YOUR STORIES, but as this one went on I became a little more irritated with each paragraph.

On another topic....

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLENDER'S HUNT SERIES.

I LOVED RE.READING THOSE TWO WORKS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I agree with last anon

She was not a sympathetic character. She obviously had an agenda. She grw up but was dating an asshole till the last minute. She loved him but she kept verbally abusing him all the time. She cared about him but she left him alone at the fund raising gala and didn't care for him at all. Some love! She is not really a lovable character. She is certainly not in love with him. You should have written her other way if you think otherwise. Sorry, well written as usual, and some really touching moments, but didn't work for me. Trying to add some constructive input, nothing else.

BTW I remember reading some really touching Xmas story about a homeless woman and her child. Where did it go?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
My Review

1- "What would it hurt? Am I that ugly that you can't stand the sight of me? Are you still that mad at me? Do you still hate me that much?"

No, he is still in love with her and hurting too much. The fact that she is ignoring it, is really unbelievable.

2- "Why?" I asked. "Why do you give a damn about Mom and Dad, or my dog? I'm not interested in what you're doing. We're not friends, Ripley. I'm sure you aren't interested in my life and I damn sure am not interested in hearing anything you have to say.

Fair questions if you ask me. Her answer?

"Okay, Kaine. Have it your way. I guess I'll just have to break out the big guns."

Not a single explanation. Not a single answer. The right answer? "Because I love you! I always did!" She didn't say that. If I'm not wrong she is still dating that asshole which whom she'll break up in the end.

3- "I've been trying to do that for three years, but you're too big a coward to face me so I could introduce you."

I won't count them all but this any man would resent being called a coward. Any man would know why he ran away. He loved her so much that he couldn't stand being close to her.

4- "I'll need a cheek swab. I'd have done it long ago if you didn't run every time."

Again, rubbing in his face that he ran away. Did she said I'm sorry, I was wrong? I did wrong. So far she didn't. I would doubt that she is mine either. And I would double check the DNA also.

5- "Kaine, did I divorce you?" she asked"

Again deflecting, not giving a straight answer. Which would be. I always loved you. I wasn't going with anyone else. I wasn't having an affair.

And then she can say all her psychobabble.

6- "Why do you assume I didn't mean exactly what I said, Kaine?"

Because 99% of the times when a woman is facing problems: a) She talks about them with her husband and find together a solution b) She is cheating giving him that bullshit answer to leave him.

7- "You bastard"

Some love, uh? Again, she insults him instead of explaining.

8- "I'm a performer," she snarled.

He knows that, how is planning to show him that she really loves and that this isn't an elaborated act? Answer. She isn't. She haven't said. "I love you, so far".

9- "Jesus, you can really be a prick sometimes, Kaine."

Abusive words again, but who's counting them?

10- "Well, that's too bad," she shot back. "You have a daughter, Kaine. I'm her mother. She's our daughter and you need to listen to me. She needs her father in her life."

So here's the real reason why she is searching him. She needs a father. The asshole she actually dating is not father material. I guess she figured it out by now.

11- "I'm afraid I didn't do a very good job."

That's the closest she reached to say "I'm sorry so far."

12- "I loved you, Kaine. I still love you. You hurt me a lot when you went nuts like that. I know I hurt you, too, and I need to tell you how sorry I am for that. I'm sorry, Kaine. I fucked everything up. I didn't mean to do that, but I did."

Finally! It wasn't so hard, wasn't it? She should have said THIS from the very beginning.

13- "You mean you two bought that bunch of hooey?"

"No, son, we didn't," Dad said. "We told her that was about the stupidest thing we'd ever heard of anyone doing. When she came to us in tears because you'd left, we asked her what she expected after pulling a stunt like that. Do you know, she actually said she expected that you'd be upset for a while, but would settle down and wait for her to come back?

- Great, I love that finally the parents are actually supporting their son in a story. Great! I loved this.

- If she KNEW he would be mad, why was she complaining about it earlier? WHyd didnt she say, I knew you would react like that?

14- "Kaine, I know how much you loved Ripley, so I know how much it hurt when she left. I don't blame you for what you did," Dad put in. "Ripley was totally selfish and unbelievably stupid when she left you, but she isn't the same girl any more.

- I really, really like his mother. She got it right.

- She isn't the same girl? Considering the asshole she is dating I would be so sure.

15- "I hated the thought of exposing myself to Ripley again. I still felt the pain and rage from the last time, and now I was letting her open up the cracks again."

- Great insight about the male mind. It feels exactly like that.

16- "I'm throwing my hat back in the ring," she said.

- Not doing a good job, winning him back so far.

17- "Was I not big enough for you? Did I not do it for you?"

- To be honest I'm tired of reading this over and over again in every story. It's not real, you know.

18- We're sort of a package deal, Kaine," she said.

-NOt neccesarily. If the DNA probes he's her father, he has the right to have a relationship with his daughter without actually being with his ex. She is kind of blackmailing him using her daughter like she did at the beginning.

19- "No, you said, 'Kaine, I don't know how to say this, but I'm moving out. I have a place over on Pine Street and I'm moving in next Saturday. I need some time by myself. I need to find my own 'identity', or some stupid sh... junk like that."

- So she INFORMED him that she was leaving him to "find herself". She had even got a place for herself. She was plotting leaving him behind his back without talking to him. SOme loving wife, wasn't she? 99,99% of men would have supposed the same thing he thought.

20- "Jesus, Kaine, stop being such a... wuss,"

- These kind of words seem to come naturally to her lips... Abusive behaviopur again. And she loves him? And she wants him back? She isn't doing a great job showing her love.

21- "Kaine, I love you," she said. "I've loved you since our first date. I never stopped and I don't think I ever will."

Again, a bit too late. She doesn't act like a woman in love. She acts like the same entitled selfish, self-centered person that left him.

22- "this sounds like buyer's remorse."

- Yep, he got it right. Btw, my actual boyfriend is an asshole. Don't worry it's just sex, but I'm not telling you about him any way.

23- "No, no, it wasn't like that at all!" She had tears in those impossibly huge eyes. "I needed you more than ever! I needed you to be there for me, help me see that I was a person, on my own. I just needed to find the right words to tell you how much I loved you and that I wasn't leaving you, that you had done nothing wrong, that it was me, but when I got myself together, three days later, you were gone."

- let me get it right. She was planning to leave him to "find herself". In fact she got herself an apartment. But, she didn¡t plan what was he going to say to him? She didn't thought in advance how to drop such a bomb on her "beloved" husband? Not buying it.

24- "You know exactly what I want," she said. "God, why are you such a fucking coward, Kaine?"

- He made a fair question and got another abusive answer.

25- "Running away again?" she asked. "How has that been going for you, Kaine? You're miserable. What are you going to do? Are you going to bail on Makenna? Move back to Alaska? Why don't you try Siberia, this time? Sit down and stop proving my point. Your solution to problems is to bail. That isn't going to work this time. You're not the sort of man to abandon your daughter. Didn't you promise to take her fishing tomorrow?"

- Not exactly abusive, but close. She's right about him running away. But she is not helping him with her abusive behaviour. Some times, she cries and cries she loves him and then she lashes him out calling him names.

26- "I'm making the first move here because I fucked everything up. I'm asking you out. There's a charity function I have Tuesday night. I want you to take me. After it's over, I want you to take me dancing."

- So she is asking him..., no, she is begging him to go with her on a date. Keep this in mind.

27- "You're right, Kaine, I shouldn't have tried to manipulate you like that; but what are we going to do?"

- Manipulate. She got it right. She had been doing that using her daughter and now sex.

28- "Well, it isn't as if my social calendar is packed,

- I would have loved a bit more of background about Kaine.

29- "I paid four years without you, and Makenna paid three years without her father."

- Not exactly. While it seems he barely dated, she did after Makenna was born, and she is actually dating asshole. So she did pay losing the "love of her life", but she didn't waste time either.

30- "By the time I returned from checking our coats, she was already flitting from one group to the other. I might as well have been invisible for all that my presence seemed to matter."

- Gosh! This is SOOOO wrong. Do you see it, right? It was their fucking first date and she blew it. She ignored him. Why on Earth did she ask him out? She didn't even introduced him as her boyfriend or ex husband or anything... But hey! she grew up now! She's not the same girl she was! Darn! if this is who she changed he's better out of her way.

31- "What is it with you, Kaine? You're acting like a child."

- And the abuse goes on.

32- "God, you are so selfish; here I am trying to help raise money for sick children and you're pouting because I'm not holding your hand enough."

...and on... What is she telling him with her attitude? My "job" is more important than you, so learn which is your palcein my life.

33- "Why don't you grow up, already?"

... and on...

34- "You are such an ass!" she said. "Do you have any idea how embarrassing it was for me to try to make up some lame excuse for why I had to leave so suddenly?"

... and on... She is worried because he emabarassed HER? How crazy is that?

35- "If I'm so bad, why are you trying so hard to get me back? Why not just leave me in peace?"

- Exactly my thought.

36- "Because I love you, you asshole!" she said, slamming the door and storming into her house.

- Wow, I can't wait to see what she's going to do if she hate him. Some love, right?

37- "I just wasn't used to apologizing"

- Apologize? For what? Being right? Showing her the kind of woman she really is? Of course, she is a big star and he's nobody. Being first in the fund raising function was more important than him. I call BS.

0

38- "I, well, you were right. I acted like an asshole. I'm sorry. I hope I didn't screw things up for you too badly."

- No, no, no, no. This is sooo wrong. I can't believe you actually believe this. You're smart, this is not helping the story. SHE should be the one apologizing to him abnd not the other way around.

39- "It was partly my fault, too."

- Partly? Which part WASN'T her fault?

40- She cut me off. "None of that matters, Kaine. Let's go find our daughter. Where did you last see her?"

- This whole part was really, really good written. Her attitude, how she reacted. The final speech. Everything. THIS is the kind of scenes that show us that she really grow up. She is a great mother.

41- "An asshole," she said. "His name is Jeff, Jeff Conley. He's the station manager over at The Eagle. I went out with him for a while. He was much more serious than I was. I quit going out with him after I finally got you to talk to me that first time at the pool."

- This is SOOO wrong. She knew he was an asshole and dated him anyway? Wow! How did he got to think that their realtionship was more serious? Wasn't she clear about her intentions AGAIN? She should have told Kaine about him from the very beginning: "I was dating someone but I broke up with him to give us a chance". Holding hands with an asshole you broke up? Who does that? Really? Was he plan B? Or maybe Kaine was plan B?

42- "What the hell is wrong with you, Kaine?" she spat out. "No, I wasn't going to kiss him."

- ...And on... This is getting old. every time he makes a reasonable question, he gets an abusive answer. She seems angry with him or frustrated, but not in love for sure.

43- "Are you jealous? Well, you don't need to be."

- He already told you about his fears. He has the right not to trust her after what he saw. Is Kaine supposed to accept her explanation face value?

44- "Kaine, will you for once get your head out of your ass?

- ... and on...

45- "Yeah, I can pick them, right? The man I love moves to freaking Alaska to get away from me. Then I get a creepy stalker who spits in my face."

- I won't argue with her about the second one. And Kaine? He's better without her. Adopt the girl and dump the abusive bitch.

46- ""I know," she said softly. "I'm sorry I caused that hurt, Kaine. I've been thinking about that. I know I told you I didn't regret moving out, but I'm not sure of that any more. I do know that from here on, I want us to deal with everything together, if you'll let me. Can we get past all that hurt?"

- Really wise words, I hope she stick to them. That's what being married is about.

47- "Well, I'm telling you that we're not through until I say we're through, so pick up the little brat and let's go."

- Red flags all over. Was she living with him? Was she leaving her daughter with THIS abusive prick? Wow, the words he used told us that he was a very abusive person not something that he developed right now, she didn't answer back. Hey! if there were a moment for her to became abusive was now! Burt she didn't. Hmmm. maybe she's into some kinky behaviour like BDSM?

48- Before I could react, he was taking a swipe at me, and Ripley came flying in between us, getting a nasty gash on her arm.

- Ok. I get it from the story point of view. She showed her love for him. But this kind of scenes are also getting cliches in some stories. This is an easy way to lead the story to the end. A shortcut. You're better than this.

SO, your writting is superb as usual, but the story has too loose end for my taste. Just giving you some constructive input, I hope you don't mind. Take what you think is right and discard the rest,

Thanks for sharing this story with us!!!!

The Reviewer

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 7 years ago
Anon's 48 point list

I have to agree with 99% of that list. I would add, "Mom and dad, you knew it was likely I had a kid and didn't tell me about the possibility? I'm going to have to think about that one. Don't call me. I'll call you." Then I'd likely tolerate them for the sake of my daughter but I'd never let them close again. I'd get legal visitation rights and I'd wait a few years to see if Alien mother hive queen flaming red haired hell spawn quit being an abusive controlling bitch before I considered a relationship.

And when she falsely imprisoned me on the damn boat I would have swum to shore and started walking.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 7 years ago
True words

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life....

Or at least not a western pretty woman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I have to disagree with the critical comments.

Some seem to suggest that only Ridley was at fault. I learned years ago that when a relationship (of any kind) goes bad, there are almost always two people at fault. It seems to me that this story is about two flawed people. It seems to me that he was, as she says, cowardly; he was afraid to confront difficulties and his first response was to get away — and it was not wrong of her to point that out. If you had listened more carefully to her or asked more questions serval years ago things might've been very different; even in this story, he fails to understand things that she is saying and swiftly lashes out (or rather seeks to run). It becomes apparent toward the end but he has no idea how to apologize: Really? Who (besides Trump) gets through life without screwing up and having to apologize?

If their getting back together seemed hurried, it may be because the author describes a long period of gradually getting reacquainted in just a few words.

I, for one, enjoyed a remarkably well-told story in which flawed people for once manage to find their way back together.

payenbrantpayenbrantalmost 7 years ago
Sorry....

Very good story,

But from the way his ex was acting....be a part time Dad. She had no respect for him and still acted like a spoiled princess. She acts too much like a 3rd wave feminist. Cut your losses and find a woman who will respect you and not be little you.

Yes...He ran away. Wouldn't any normal person run away from someone who mistreat them?

I also would have a word with the family about secrets. Lol.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Anonymous Commenters Can Be Strange

One problem with the internet is that it affords a cloak of anonymity. Cowards can hide behind that cloak and spew any vile thing they want with no consequences. The anon from 5-16-2017 is a prime example.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Just a thought

Writer you may want to get some new beta readers who don't kiss your ass telling you everything is great... While there is no doubt you can write, your storytelling is weak from male point... Make the men stronger more believable and fight a bit harder, it will really go a long way in a lot of men's eyes... 3***

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

It's okay as a love story evolving from a misunderstood husband whose wife had left their love nest for unknown reasons. Their reunion would be quite expected and thus the remainder of this tale was nothing new.

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 7 years ago
Well written story!

And you are legend. Sometimes not being able to forget makes forgiveness impossible. Certainly after a while the wound takes less and less of your mind heart and time but becomes not the forefront of one's thoughts. I've moved on, fell in love...several times...lived my life pretty well as far as I'm concerned. But my ex is my enemy and I cannot imagine being even civil to her even after 25 or so yrs. I'd still like to wring her neck even tho if it had not been for her I wouldn't have it anywhere near as good as I have it now. I'm not a great nation with shifting alliances, I'm just a man. I can't get passed what I consider to be a terrible betrayal. Why should I, after all these years, were to see her again, why should I sit down and "catch up" on our lives? She is not dead to me. She is my enemy and took everything I once had. I'd do her dirt in a New York minute had I the chance to this day!.

Your story was very well written. Didn't like the characters. To me, she became soiled goods when she split. I agree that after the divorce she had the right to have FWB or whatever but after 3 yrs of "sowing her oats" She decides to come back to main man and expect him to at least be friends while telling him she loves him but is still dating other men and wants him back? Too much for me to handle. I'm not necessarily against reconciliation but, were I him, there would be zero chance and I would pay the child support and pick the kid up at his Mom's place and never deal,see or talk to her again. Sorry I don't have more compassion. Some things and people in life just don't rate a second chance. In my book she's one of them!

Most I have ever ranted so your story had it's effect and that's the point isn't it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
No doubt about it

You are one of the best authors around. I don't always like what your characters do, but I read every story you write, I always feel something. Sometimes you piss me off, sometimes you leave me in tears, sometimes I have a goofy smile on my face, but I never just say, meh.

You ARE a legend. I think you've made more of an impact here than anyone in recent memory, and I'm very grateful. I saw that you're doing another Legends' Day and I can hardly wait! Thanks for everything you do, from writing great stories like this, to editing, to giving us these great events. And for letting us poor anonymouses squeak out our humble comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@ luedon

No. Get over yourself.

@ author and editors - Have you ever seen a three year old use complete sentences?

DarkmagnetDarkmagnetalmost 7 years ago
You Can Go Home Again...

The title did give me the hint of the ending, but it also kept me riveted to the story. I found my emotions being tugged as the characters were developed in such a way that I could feel what they felt. Though I sometimes form opinions about characters in stories, sometimes not very good opinions, I found myself longing for reconciliation and love in the end. As always, you are an excellent writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
You done it again...

Wonderfully romantic tale, beautifully written and well paced. Brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye. Loved it xxxxx

cpetecpetealmost 7 years ago
2nd time through and

still a good read. 187+ posts show author touched a lot of feelings (both good and bad)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Magnificent

Best story on literotica

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I couldn't stand to read beyond the 3rd page.

Both main characters are total idiots! Every time he looks at her he gets fixated on her tits and ass and behaves like a horny frat boy, she easily manipulates him. Her behavior is impossibly stupid, immature, self centered and mental. And everyone seems willing to ignore their common sense for the smile of a 3 year old girl who will obviously end up pregnant by 16 if she stay with this group. The is NO ONE to support in this story. The two adults should just die before either succeeds in breeding again and ruining any more lives. Certain actions are called "deal breakers", that means they cannot be undone, taken back, overlooked or forgiven without destroying the integrity of the offended character. To overlook a "deal breaker" guarantees that behavior will be repeated in the future. Also the child's behavior seems inconsistent with a 3 year old. If an author creates such stupid despicable characters don't expect the reading audience to become invested in them.

anon jerry

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Best story on this site

I just read this story for a third time and realized that this is the "standard" that all stories should be held to on this site. Thank you for creating such a wonderful story.

Bubba

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
The king is naked

I wish some commenters had the balls to say that this story is far from being the best in Literotica, It has a ton of fails most of them were pointed in the 48 points other anon wrote. As a reconciliation story it failed because I couldn't feel she had earned the right to get her husband back. She is still a self-centerd, self.absorbed minor celebrity who thinks the world revolves around her. I even question if she is a fit mother considering the kind of asshole she was dating and exposing her daughter too. She verbally abused her ex husband all along the sotry, blackmailed and even kidnaapped him. She didn't show any signs of remorse and let her pride win instead of begging for a second chance.

Randi writing is superb as usual. And everyone (me included) love her stories. She is also responsible for Legend's Day and I'm grateful for that. But saying that this OKAY story is the best in Literotica does her no good. She needs contructive criticism to improve her plots. A lot of people who commented have valid points abouot the weakness of this story, ANY Dreamcloud story is better than this one. Sorry just being honest. The king is naked.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I loved it. What's story!

You say a girl named Ripley and I think Alien the movie. But others caught different meanings and I think that adds depth. I like big dogs. I like little girls and my daughter spoke like that when she was three. She lived with adults and spoke like an adult. There was hardly ever any baby talk.

I have one complaint. Most authors pick a sympathetic and adorable little girl for the Makenna character but don't ever give us little boys. They are equally as cute and endearing. Speaking as one who will never have the pleasure of parenting a little boy, there is an ache in my heart for that special bond between father and son. So let's see some cute and adventurous little boys, please.

imanononeimanononealmost 7 years ago
4.95*

Much better than normal fare and really a 5* but very far fetched. Still a "feel good" story. I hope in reality after what Ripley did to her husband she would have backed off from her high horse she displayed to the very end with statements like "Kaine, the only way you're ever going to lose me is to run away again." It shows she never really got it and blamed husband and not herself.

anon,1

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Love conquers ALL!

Shows you what we all will do for love! Loved it!

TailakaTailakaalmost 7 years ago
Love to read more like this.

Is there a common tag for stories with the 'child I never knew about' reveal? I've read a few different stories on this theme, Not on Literotica, and have enjoyed the different rationals and ways the child is revealed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Me, I would of gotten up when Ripley came in and left the place, the city, the state, and maybe even the country.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 7 years ago
Nope

Four paragraphs setting her up as a self-centered slut and four pages "explaining" why she isn't. Hardly plausible. She is also a smirking smarmy bitch who deserves a baseball bat in her pretty teeth.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Write more like this

Love conquers all does not get any better

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not for me

It didn't work for me. There wasn't a single moment were I believe she truly loved him. Your writing is good but the story is not. You wrote about a self-centered, selfish person who thinks she is in love, but not a believable love story or reconciliation tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I tried to vote it 1 star and five appeared.

No wonder how this lame story got such a high score. That's cheating.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Third read thru...

I love this story. The dynamics of the relationship between this couple is very intriguing. A unique story in the LW's section. ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well...

Definitely a well written story but I was in a somewhat similar situation to Ripley getting engaged (then married) to my husband extremely young, which just means I do not believe a single word out of her mouth.

It seems exceedingly likely that she wanted to move out to be able to screw anyone she wanted then fully expected her whipped husband to be waiting for her with open arms.

So no I do not believe she was faithful while she was married and seriously doubt Makenna's parentage. The fact she delivered those DNA results herself just adds to the doubt, they should have been sent direct to him by registered mail.

The reason Jeff was so angry was seeing the woman that told him she loved him for three (four?) years taking HIS child off to live with someone else. Any man would have been homicidal seeing that. You notice he was not physically violent towards Ripley? Only Kain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This story makes no sense at all.

I don't know what makes you think that you were writing a believable love story or a good reconciliation tale. This story makes no sense at all. At the end I wishing he could get out of the trap she set and live the life he deserved with a woman who truly loved him. Ripley certainly wasn't that woman. Not in the way you wrote her. I thought you were smarter than that. I hope this was was just a rejected story you decided to share for free while you kept the good stuff for sale. *1 for me.

KRD19254KRD19254over 6 years ago

Hmmm, interesting story but her immaturity and temper makes the story nearly impossible then add to this her anger at his leaving and subsequent divorce - yet, we are to believe she never had revenge sex with any other even after MaKenna's birth? That her stalker never bedded her prior to his infatuation? She lied to him about staying forever true - she was way to independent to just settle back for him!

His parents did more for her than her own parents - why? His parents kept him in the dark about his daughter for three years - no way. He cannot trust his own parents or her parents! He can only trust MaKenna & Atlas - wow! I see a very very stiff pre-nup here where any infidelity by her gets her kicked to the curb and he gets 100% custody and she gets generous child support w/college funds! She has the glamorous carrier.

This story really should be in the 'Romance' section being such a fairy-tale, unbelievable. Other than for the spell a 3yr old can cast upon you this was fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
hmm...

Isn't she a bit young to be tossing around Ghostbusters quotes?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not so unusual

I "toss" around Humphrey Bogart quotes and he died before I was born.

123456...9
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories