Your Silver Nights and Golden Days Pt. 03

Story Info
A military officer embraces forbidden love.
15.2k words
4.82
11.7k
29

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 11/12/2022
Created 02/02/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Before reading this story, you should read 'Your Silver Night and Golden Days Pt. 02.'

The following events occurred in the mid to late 1980s, long before the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy was in place in the military. Being an active lesbian was risking your career, especially for an officer.

© 2020-2023 Candy_Kane54

***

"Home," said Bonnie in a wondering tone. "I'm home. Oh, Virginia, I love you!" she said louder as tears streamed down her face.

We stood there, wrapped in each other's arms, tears running down our faces as the enormity of what we had done hit us. We had crossed our Rubicon, and there was no going back.

After the tears stopped, I kissed Bonnie, enjoying the feel of her lips on mine. Bonnie slowly responded, her kiss getting more ardent. Before we lost control, I pulled back and said, "Let's head to the bedroom and christen our new home."

"Yes, let's," Bonnie said, working her tee out of her jeans as we headed for the bedroom. I followed her, pulling my tee off as we entered the bedroom. I hurriedly toed my shoes off and pulled my jeans and panties down and off. As I removed my bra, I enjoyed the view of Bonnie disrobing. "God, that is never going to get old," I thought, my eyes lingering lovingly on her face and those soft, delicious lips.

We jumped in bed and mutually decided to cum together. We sat facing each other and threw our right legs over the other's left leg, and scooted our hips toward each other until our pussies pressed against each other. Then we started rolling our hips so our lips ground against each other, our clits colliding. We both leaned back, holding ourselves up with our hands as we sped up our gyrations. We locked eyes and continued grinding, getting faster and faster. We both started moaning. Bonnie's eyes were nearly black from her dilated irises, and her passion was causing her eyes to glaze over with lust. I'm sure mine was the same. The sensation of our juices combining, trying to lubricate our pussies, countered the increased friction we were trying to create. Every time our clits collided, I gasped, spurring me to even more gyrations.

Our orgasms slowly built as we gasped and moaned in syncopation. As I was about to crash over the edge, Bonnie screamed my name, sending me over the edge, screaming her name in return. We both started spasming, which broke up our rhythm and caused random spikes of pleasure/pain as our clits impacted. We both collapsed back, coming down from our mutual climax, gasping for air, panting, "Oh, God!"

I moved up to lie beside Bonnie, running my fingers through her hair as she lay there with her eyes closed. Her eyes opened when she felt my touch, and she smiled. I leaned in and softly kissed her. "Thank you," I whispered when I drew back.

"For what?" Bonnie asked, reaching up to cup my face.

I leaned into her hand and said, "For making me love you."

"In that case," Bonnie said as she pulled me down for another kiss, "you're welcome."

***

Grace brought the boys home later in the day. Bonnie and I were working on dinner when they came in. Grace had bought a bottle of wine to christen our new home and brought it into the kitchen while the boys went into the living room to watch TV.

I opened the wine, pouring the three of us a drink. We all said, "Cheers!" and took a sip. It was good wine, and we spent the next hour chatting and preparing dinner while sipping our drinks.

When everything was ready, I went in to get the boys and get them cleaned up for dinner. By the time I had them presentable, Bonnie and Grace had the table set up. We all sat down and tucked in, enjoying the food and the conversation.

When the boys were done, they asked to be excused, and Bonnie and I started cleaning up. Grace offered to help, but Bonnie shagged her off to the living room with the boys.

Bonnie and I worked together to clean up. It was amazing how well we worked together and were quickly done. We grabbed a quick snuggle before joining Grace and the boys in the living room. I checked the TV Guide and found out "It's A Wonderful Life" would be on in ten minutes. When it was time, we all sat back and watched the movie. It was my favorite Christmas movie.

When the movie finished, Grace got up to leave. Everyone lined up to hug her before she left. When I hugged her, she kissed me on the cheek and whispered, "Thank you for making Bonnie happy." Once Grace had left, I sent Matthew and Mark off to get ready for bed. Once they were in bed, Bonnie and I brought out all the gifts and put them under the tree. When we were done, we stood there, arm-in-arm, looking at the Christmas tree, lost in thought. At that moment, I was at peace, knowing I was loved by the most wonderful woman in the world.

Christmas morning dawned, heralding our first Christmas together. The boys got up early, excited for Christmas as children are. They knocked on our bedroom door and barely gave us enough time to separate before they came busting in. "Merry Christmas!" they both cried. "Let's open presents now!" they said, running back out the door.

"Okay, okay," Bonnie yelled at their backs. Turning to me, she said, "Well, our first Christmas together and no nooky in the morning."

"Maybe no nooky now, but the day isn't over yet," I said, leaning in and kissing her.

Before it got too passionate, Bonnie broke away and said, "We better get out there before they open our presents too." She reached down, picked up her sleeping tee off the floor, and started putting it on. I reached down for my sleeping tee and, after turning it back out, put it on.

"Okay, I'll hit the bathroom first. You go rein in your monsters," I said as I jumped out of bed.

"Monsters?" Bonnie asked, askance. "How dare you call our children monsters?" She jumped out of bed and came running after me.

"Did I say monsters?" I asked, dashing into the bathroom. "I meant decent beautiful boys," I finished as Bonnie crashed into me and started tickling me.

"Okay, you're forgiven," Bonnie said as she let me go, grabbed a robe, and dashed out, leaving me a quivering mess. "God, I love her," I thought to myself as I pulled myself together and cleaned myself up. Donning a robe, I went into the living room to relieve Bonnie.

While Bonnie was refreshing herself, Matthew and Mark came over and hugged me and thanked me for the presents from me they had already opened. My big gift for them was behind the tree without a name tag because I wanted them to open it last. I knew I shouldn't have spoiled them so much, but I got them the new Nintendo Entertainment System. I knew once they got that opened, Bonnie and I could make out like over-caffeinated minks on the couch, and they wouldn't notice.

Bonnie came out in her robe and sat next to me on the couch. Matthew took it upon himself to distribute the presents for us. He came over with a gift for each of us to open.

My gift from Matthew and Mark turned out to be a cute cardigan sweater. I 'oohed' and 'ahhed' over it, and the boys got big smiles on their faces as they bathed in my appreciation. Bonnie's gift was a lovely sundress I had helped them pick out when we had gone shopping. She 'oohed' and 'ahhed' over it as I had my present, and the boys were just beside themselves with happiness. They ran up to us and hugged us in turns before Matthew handed us another set of gifts. These were gifts that Bonnie and I had gotten for each other.

I opened my gift from Bonnie. It was a stunning bangle bracelet made from spun white, red, and yellow gold. I turned to Bonnie and kissed her, quietly thanking her for the beautiful present. Bonnie opened my gift for her, a squash blossom turquoise bracelet to match her necklace. The look I saw on her face when she opened it made my heart flutter as she leaned into me and kissed me, quietly saying in my ear, "I owe you a mind-shattering orgasm for this."

I quietly whispered in return, "I'll be collecting on that tonight."

Finally, we got to the last two presents behind the tree, other than the ones for Grace and Kathy. I got up, retrieved the small package, and told Matthew the big box behind the tree was a present for him and Mark. They argued for a moment about who would open it, and then they both tore the wrapping off together. When they saw what it was, they both jumped up screaming and came over to throw themselves on me and hug me. "Thank you, thank you, Aunt Ginny," they both cried as they ran back and opened the box to get the system out.

While they were engrossed, I pulled out the present I had been saving for last and handed it to Bonnie.

"I'll let you open this, but it's really for both of us," I whispered in her ear.

Bonnie looked at it wonderingly for a moment before unwrapping it. When she saw the ring box, she looked up at me, a question in her eyes. "Go ahead, open it," I urged softly.

Bonnie opened it, and her eyes grew wide when she realized what it was. She looked at me with tears in her eyes and husked, "For real?"

"For real," I assured her as I leaned in to look in the ring box with her. In it were two gold rings, each one having half of a heart, when interleaved together, made a whole heart. "They're commitment rings, one for each of us," I murmured.

"They're beautiful," Bonnie whispered.

I took out one ring and showed her it was engraved with the phrase, "I pledge my heart to you." I slid off the couch and fell on my knees in front of her. Fighting tears, I said, "I know we can't get married, but I want to give you this ring and pledge my heart to you, so you will know, like this ring, that my love for you is endless and that you are half of our whole. Will you accept my pledge and wear this ring?"

"Yes! God, yes!" Bonnie softly exclaimed as she held out her left hand.

I slid the ring onto her ring finger as Bonnie leaned down, tears running down her cheeks, and kissed me tenderly. She then pulled me up back onto the couch.

Bonnie picked up the remaining ring and slid off the couch to her knees in front of me. Through her tears, she said, "While we can't legally marry, I want to show you my commitment to us and pledge my heart to you, so you will never doubt that my love for you is boundless, that you are half of our whole. Will you accept my pledge and wear this ring?"

"Yes, my love, I will," I said softly, my heart pounding so hard I thought it would explode out of my chest. I extended my left hand, and Bonnie slipped the ring onto my ring finger. I leaned down and kissed her before pulling her back onto the couch. As I looked at the ring on my finger, I vowed I would never take it off, regardless of the consequences it would have on my career. If anybody wondered why I was wearing a ring, I wouldn't be ashamed to say I was wearing it as a reminder of the one I love.

Grace came over after lunch, loaded with packages. Bonnie and I relieved her of the gifts and carried them to the tree while Matthew and Mark greeted her with hugs and kisses. The boys then excitedly showed her their Nintendo system. Even though I was sure she had no idea what they were telling her, she smiled and nodded while they started it up and played. I finally went over and rescued her from Mario Brothers and hugged her while leading her into the kitchen for a cup of coffee with Bonnie while I had a cup of tea.

While sitting there chatting and sipping our hot drinks, Grace finally noticed we were both wearing rings on our ring fingers. She reached over, took both of our left hands, and looked closely at them. She looked up, her eyes tearing, and asked, "Are these rings what I think they are?"

"Yes, Grace," "Yes, Mom," we said together.

Bonnie and I looked at each other, and then I turned to Grace and said, "These are commitment rings. Since we can't legally get married, we are wearing these rings as statements of commitment to each other for the rest of our lives. As far as we are concerned, we are married, even if the state or church won't recognize it."

Grace got up and gathered us up into a hug, saying, "I'm so happy for both of you."

We entered the living room and started a new round of opening presents. The boys got clothes, and Bonnie and I got matching necklaces. The boys had pitched in together and got their grandmother a new pressure cooker. Bonnie and I got Grace a lovely necklace. Grace was pleased with her gifts and promised to cook a nice pot roast for us the next time we came for dinner.

"Speaking of dinner," I said, turning to Bonnie, "we need to get going on food preparation for dinner tonight." I got up and headed for the kitchen, Bonnie getting up and following. Grace insisted on helping, so the three of us enjoyed each other's company in the kitchen while preparing dinner. The boys went back to playing on the Nintendo until dinnertime.

After dinner, Grace packed her and Kathy's gifts and went home after getting us to promise to come over the next night for a pot roast. The boys hugged her and thanked her for their presents. Once Grace was on her way, Bonnie and I came back in and stood arm-in-arm, just taking in the ambiance. The boys were back on the Nintendo (and we would have to be firm with them on how much time they will spend playing it). I turned to Bonnie, saying, "I'm so glad we're together. I never realized how lonely I was until I met you and the boys. Thank you for sharing your life with me."

Once the boys were off to bed, I collected on that mind-shattering orgasm Bonnie owed me. Of course, I also returned the favor.

***

After the start of the New Year, Matthew and Mark started attending classes at El Segundo Elementary school. It was only six blocks away, so they could walk to school. They were excited about meeting their new teachers and classmates.

Bonnie had to take them in to meet their teachers by herself since I was back in the office, preparing briefings. She was going to make sure I was on the list of contacts for the boys in case anybody at school needed to get hold of us. I felt terrible because I couldn't participate in events like that. Bonnie understood this, letting me join in every aspect of their lives as much as possible. I think Matthew understood because he hugged me and said he'd tell me all about it tonight, and I could help him with his homework whenever I wanted to. Mark had asked me why I couldn't go, and I just told him I had important work to do. I know I should have been more upfront with him, but how do you explain legal standing to a seven-year-old?

Matthew and Mark were so precious to me, yet I have no legal standing with them, or even with Bonnie, for that matter. If anything were to happen to Bonnie, I wouldn't be able to keep the boys with me. They would most likely go back to live with Grace since she was their blood relative. I doubt their father would even care.

I was determined to do everything I could to ensure they were taken care of, even if I couldn't do it myself. Bonnie and I discussed this, and we started by each getting a life insurance policy with the other as the beneficiary. I also closed out my KFCU banking account and opened one in the Culver Federal Savings and Loan bank that Bonnie used. I put her on my account so she could access my money if anything happened to me. Bonnie reciprocated by doing the same with her banking account.

The most vexing part of this whole thing was my medical coverage wouldn't cover Bonnie and the boys since I couldn't claim them as dependents. I ended up having to buy a health insurance policy for them out of my own pocket. I sure hope it'll be enough. Once I finish my military career, I can get a job with health care coverage to cover all of us. That's assuming our relationship is recognized by then.

The Challenger disaster caused our program to go into overtime. The loss of the Space Shuttle could mean our program couldn't count on it being available when it came time to deploy our system. We had to revisit a lot of the assumptions going into our requirements. We had to make sure we could continue without the Space Shuttle if necessary. This necessitated a lot of travel and late nights. Thank God I had Bonnie to keep me sane. Her love and support made it easier for me to keep going, no matter what the hour.

We quickly settled into our new routine as if we had practiced it forever. Bonnie continued to work at Jack's. Since she didn't have as far to go to get there now, Bonnie had more time to do her yoga in the morning before she had to be at work. Bonnie had always been into yoga and now could get into it even more. She told me that after having the two boys, she used yoga to get her body back in shape. There was a yoga place on Highland Avenue that Bonnie could visit every day on her way to work. I had never done any yoga myself, but Bonnie's enthusiasm about it got me curious. She finally convinced me to try it at home, with her teaching me the basics.

Having Bonnie show me the basics and helping me with the poses was fun. When positioning me correctly, her hands would sometimes slip (intentionally, I'm sure) and grope my breasts or pussy. This caused us to go from concentrating on yoga to focusing on pleasuring each other. Who knew yoga in the nude could be so much fun? Even when I wasn't doing poses, I loved watching Bonnie do hers. I loved how smoothly she transitioned from one pose to the next, her supple body moving in ways that made me wet and needy.

I also liked how yoga could get me into a Zen state, where I could lose myself in the posing like I could with running. Although I continued running on weekends, I really enjoyed being able to do yoga in the evening during the workweek. I would do it if I had a particularly vexing issue to deal with at work and needed to relax.

***

April came, and it was time for the contractors to submit their proposals in answer to the RFP. Since the cut-off for requirement changes occurred in early February, the contractors have had the last two months to finalize their submissions. This required several trips to each contractor to answer their questions and review their draft proposals. I racked up a lot of air miles with all the trips to Lockheed and Martin Marietta. I needed to make sure they didn't leave anything out that could impact their ability to get a contract.

Because of all of the travel, I missed Mark's 9th birthday. I made sure I had a birthday present for him, and I called him on his birthday to wish him a happy birthday. I promised him I'd take him to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate when I got back.

True to my word, I took Mark to Cheesecake Factory when I returned. We had a great time, and I spent the whole day with him, doing all his favorite things. That night when I tucked him in bed, he hugged me and said, "I love you, Aunt Ginny." I hugged him back, kissed his cheek, and said, "I love you too, Mark."

All four proposals came in, and now they needed to be evaluated. A team of civilians and officers was assembled to do the review. This involved them having to sit in a secure facility, away from contact with contractors, to do an impartial review. Any questions they had about the proposals were put in written form, and I was responsible for relaying them to the contractor for their response. I would then deliver their written response to the evaluation team.

It took three weeks for the evaluation team to put their results together. All four proposals met the RFP specifications, and their submissions were deemed viable by the evaluation team. Then came the hard part, at least for the rest of my team and me. We had to take the review results and make a presentation to the Pentagon.

Bonnie went a little overboard planning my 34th birthday party. It almost went for naught. I had to go to the Pentagon with Col. Lyles and the rest of the team to brief the Deputy Undersecretary of Acquisition (DUA) on the status of the four contractors' RFP submissions. The briefing was initially scheduled to start the day of my birthday, but the schedule slipped to the following week. I was relieved since I didn't want to have to disappoint Bonnie. The vagaries of work always meant last-minute travel plans had to be made, disrupting any long-range plans we might make. I certainly couldn't beg out, saying my 'wife' had plans for the day. I could imagine the induced heart attacks at a statement made by a woman.