Your Silver Nights and Golden Days Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once our food was served, we chatted about lighter topics. Alex was particularly interested in Matthew and Mark, asking questions about them and endearing herself to Bonnie. Bonnie showed her photographs, and Alex cooed over them. I was so glad the two of them were getting along.

Eventually, we were done eating, and Alex said she had to call it a night. She would meet early in the morning with the contractors and then fly back in the afternoon. After parting hugs, we exchanged contact information before Alex returned to her hotel.

Bonnie and I headed over to Grace's place to pick up the boys. On the way there, Bonnie grabbed my hand, leaned onto my shoulder, and said, "I like Alex. I'm glad I got to meet her. I can see why you two got together. I know that if I was still unattached, I'd make a play for her," she finished, giving my hand a quick squeeze.

"I'm glad you like her. She's a dear friend. Thank you for accepting her as a part of my life," I said, squeezing Bonnie's hand back.

***

We needed a new vehicle for our cross-country trek from Los Angeles to Dayton, OH. We traded Bonnie's old Ford Fairlane in on a new Ford Aerostar Minivan. We planned a two-week trip, stopping and sightseeing along the way. I was going to have my Mustang shipped to our new home.

I let Bonnie plan the trip. I wanted to make sure she and the boys got to see the sights they wanted to see along the way. My only request was to include a stop in Albuquerque so we could visit Old Town and eat at the restaurant up on Sandia Peak, riding the Tram up and back.

"Just a few more days before the big move," I thought as I crossed the quad and headed into my office. As usual, it was sunny and 72 degrees. I realized I would miss this weather when we relocated to Wright-Patterson AFB next month.

I got into the office, and as I got to my desk, I went to turn on the computer. While waiting for it to come up, I planned my day. Just as I grabbed my cup to get some tea, Cheryl came up and said, "Col. Stevens would like to see you in his office at 9 AM."

To be continued ...