Zara

Story Info
Romance blooms for a father and his daughters best friend.
14.9k words
4.78
54.1k
127

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 09/19/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
UltimateSin
UltimateSin
5,331 Followers

A/N - Hello! Well, throwing my hat back in the ring regarding another story in this category. I do enjoy them, as I'm sure many men had those fantasies when they were younger about bedding a mature woman. Same for perhaps a younger woman wanting to enjoy the experience of a mature man.

I plan on writing two stories back to back, one of an older man / younger woman (this one), and then an older woman / younger man. They won't relate at all, but I'm interested to see what I can come up with.

Usual caveats. All editing and reviewing done the author. Spelling is usually spot on. Definitely the occasional typo. Grammar can be ropey at times but it's been a long time since I sat in a classroom. All mistakes owned up to by the author. Please remember I'm an amateur.

Comments and feedback appreciated as always.

*****

There was a squeal and then laughter before I heard a body hit the water. More laughter followed before I heard a shout. "Damn it, Damian. I told you not to do that!"

Ah, don't you just raising children. Well, they're adults now, but still my kids.

"Don't get your bikini bottoms in a twist, Katie. It was all in good fun."

That was my son, Damian. Twenty-one years old, a younger version of his old man in some ways, particularly regarding his appearance. His girlfriend was probably watching on, shaking her head, perhaps wondering why he was still torturing his younger sister. She was now eighteen and legally an adult, but was still daddy's little girl. Compared to my rather out-going son, she was a rather shy but adorable young woman. Unfortunately, she also looked a little like her mother...

I won't go into too many details of what happened, just that we'd met at university, dated for two years, graduated and found jobs, then married when she announced her pregnancy with our son. The birth of our son was followed three years later by the birth of our daughter, and the ex-wife told me in no uncertain terms that would be it. We had two children, one of each, and she wanted no more.

We were happily married for fifteen years until I returned home one evening to find my wife and a man I recognised, but couldn't for the life of me remember his name, sat at the dinner table. I already had an idea of what was happening, as I'd been suspicious for a few months that something was going on. Thankfully, she didn't insult me by insisting that we open our marriage or I accept sharing my wife. I mean, hearing that she wanted to leave me sucked, but by that point, at least I knew the truth and all she wanted was out of the marriage. I was so stunned I didn't even think about the end our marriage. That was over no matter what. My first question was...

"What about our children?" I had to ask.

"You can have sole custody of them, Scott. Brian doesn't particularly like children and we've agreed that they can stay with you full-time. I'll accept liberal visitation access."

I almost spat out the beer I'd been drinking. Most women would fight tooth and nail to get custody of the kids as some sort of retribution against their spouse. Yet there was my wife, holding hands with her lover, pretty much giving me full custody? I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, not for my marriage, but for the fact my kids were about to lose their mother.

"I hope you're not going to make any outrageous demands from our impending divorce," I stated.

"I don't want anything. Brian has more than enough money to support our lifestyle."

I snorted. So that's what this was about. We lived a comfortable middle-class life. Four-bedroom house. Two cars in the garage, both bought new. Children were being put through university. We could afford a holiday at least once a year. We could afford to replace the big things around the house every few years. Slowly improved the house and its surroundings over the years. Apparently, that wasn't enough.

"I'll speak to my lawyer tomorrow, but if you want to marry him, you'll be waiting a minimum of a year," I said, "You have looked into divorce laws, right? This isn't the United States where you can push this sort of thing through in a few weeks. The court may even mandate some sort of mediation before they allow us to divorce."

"We've already discussed this, Scott. All we want to do is get this over as quickly as possible. We plan to marry as soon as I receive the Divorce Order."

"Okay, fair enough."

And, with those words, my wife walked out the door and my marriage was over. I was so stunned; I didn't even think of 'fighting' for her. I figured she'd either been cheating on me, so I'd have kicked her to the kerb anyway, or she thought that she was in 'love' with him, and she'd find out that the grass wasn't greener, and perhaps come crawling back. I had my pride. I would never accept her back.

Still, it was quite a shock to the system.

I was still sat at the table when my son walked inside after his afternoon training session for his weekend footy game. It took him to shake my shoulder, shouting 'Dad!' more than once before I blinked and looked at him. "You okay, Dad?" he asked, hearing the concern in his fifteen-year old voice.

"Yeah, fine," I replied without any tone, before clearing my throat, "Yeah, not too bad, Damian. But I guess I have something to tell you."

"I already know, Dad. Mum sent me and Katie a message about an hour ago, letting us know she's already talked to you." He paused before asking, "Thought you'd be angrier about it."

"I'll be honest, Damian, I'm still processing it. I'm honestly stunned as it's simply come out of nowhere. I won't say we were blissfully happy but I had no idea there was another guy."

"Neither did I, Dad. Sorry."

"Never you mind about that. Nothing to be sorry about. We'll figure it out."

I obviously took care of the business that needed to be handled over the next few days. In the six years since she walked out on her family, the children have seen their mother on Christmas Day, for about an hour at most, so she can give them presents and show her face in front of the families, and on their birthdays'. Apart from the occasional call, she's shown next to no interest in their lives.

As for myself, the betrayal made me suspicious of pretty much any woman in my life except those I already had trust in. My son dealt with the divorce as expected from a stoic young man. My daughter, always daddy's little girl, didn't particularly like her mother after the divorce.

But I digress...

Sighing, I rose to my feet and walked to the screen door, opening it up and stepping outside. It was a lovely spring day, barely a cloud in the sky. Being early November, the heat was starting to pick up. It wasn't a surprise that, being the weekend, my son, his girlfriend, a couple of their friends, with my daughter and her best friend, they were taking advantage of the hot weather and the pool I'd bought for the house well over a decade ago.

"Damian, you're twenty-one, for crying out loud. Stop teasing your sister."

"Oooh. Busted!" his best friend, Michael, exclaimed, giving his friend a gentle shove. There was plenty of laughter from the other friends around the pool.

"All I did was throw her in the pool, Dad. No big deal."

"I'd just put cream on, you bastard! And I told you I didn't want to get my hair wet yet." I noticed the lower lip tremble as my daughter looked at me. She was eighteen but, in many ways, still had some maturing to do. It was probably my fault. After the divorce, I had coddled her quite a bit and she had leaned on me for support for a long time after her mother moved out. As far as I knew, there hadn't been a single boyfriend in all her years growing up, not even those innocent schoolyard relationships.

"Your hair's fine," her best friend stated. Zara. They'd been best friends since kindergarten.

Sighing again, pinching the bridge of my nose, I looked at my son. "Look, just leave her alone, okay? You're both adults, but you're older and should be leading by example. Despite what she thinks, she looks up to you. You're older and should be the responsible one. Start acting like it."

My son looked embarrassed enough that he muttered an apology. Katie got out of the pool and walked over to where she'd laid her towel down on the lawn, picking it up to dry off, I assumed to reapply some cream. Zara also got out the pool, her eyes moving in my direction for a few seconds. As usual, she blushed and whispered, "Hello, Mister Taylor."

She was just as adorable as my daughter. Barely five-three, a petite little thing. Long brunette hair, gorgeous blue eyes, and a slim body with perky B-cup tits and a pert little butt. She had a great pair of legs for someone as short as she was. The bikini she wore covered up all the important bits. I was surprised she wore one considering how shy she sometimes was, though that was usually only around me. She pretty much ignored my son and his friends.

Heading back inside, I returned to the laptop that was in its usual place on the dining table. I hated working on a weekend, but at least I was home with the kids and not in the office. My son was still at home though in his final year at university. Once he had a full-time job, I expected him to move out rather quickly, knowing his girlfriend was in his ear about taking that next step.

Katie had recently finished her end of year exams and was now deciding on which university to attend. I knew, like her brother, she wanted to remain close to home. With her mother now pretty much out of the picture, not expecting for her to even call on Christmas now they were both eighteen, the only female influences she had were her two grandmothers and my sister. My ex-wife had a brother who I had kept at arm's length for over a decade, due to him just being an utter plank.

Hearing the screen door open, I lifted my eyes to see Zara walk inside. She smiled at me rather shyly as always, stopping next to me, her hair dripping water but the large towel was wrapped around her body, only her shoulders and arms visible. "Okay to get Katie and myself a drink, Mister Taylor?"

"Zara, two things. Firstly, you're such a regular guest here, I've told you more than once you can help yourself to anything except booze. Secondly, you're eighteen and now an adult. I think you can call me Scott."

"How about Mister T?"

"I pity the fool who calls me that." She returned a blank look, which only made me sigh again. Another sign I was getting older. "Never mind, I'd prefer Scott but if you need to keep calling by my surname. Anyway, you can help yourself, Zara. Unless you want something with a bit of a kick?"

"I'll ask Katie." She walked back to the door and opened it. "Katie, your father has offered to make us something better than just a soda."

Katie appeared through the door with a smile on her face. "Can we have something else, Daddy?" she asked.

"You're eighteen and now legal to drink, Katie. I'd rather you drink here in the safety of your own home, and the same thing for Zara."

The two were thick as thieves, but I knew neither had ever run with the more 'popular' crowd a school. I couldn't understand why, considering they were both gorgeous, intelligent, and despite being shy, still incredibly friendly. I knew they had other friends, but Zara must have spent half her life in our house, considering she only lived at the other end of the street.

I knew they both loved vodka, so made them a vodka and orange each. "Taste it first," I said, "If it's too strong, let me know."

They each took a sip and smiled, not making that face which told me it was too strong. "No, that tastes good, Daddy. Thank you."

"Thank you, Scott," Zara said softly, another shy smile forming.

"You're welcome. Going to get a little more sun?"

"I prefer my skin rather pale, but it's nice to feel the warmth," Zara replied.

"As long as Damian leaves us alone," Katie mumbled.

"Your relationship will get better, sweetie. My sister and I used to have some tremendous blow-ups when we were younger, but now she's my best friend. Otherwise, just ignore him."

"I'll try, Daddy." She walked around the counter, leaning down so she could kiss my cheek.

When Zara did the same thing, she left her lips on my cheek for a little longer. Turning to meet her blue eyes, she smiled again before turning to walk away. I shook my head, wondering if I'd read the look right. Then I laughed at myself. She was eighteen and I was forty-three years old. Sure, I'd kept myself fit, still had a full head of brown hair, and I had managed a date every so often, but I didn't exactly have women beating down my door either.

Once the sun started to fade, those outside all started to make their way indoors. My son disappeared off to his room to get changed as, being a Saturday, I knew he'd be heading out. As for my daughter and her friend, they asked if I could make them another drink before they headed off to her room. Even though they were eighteen, heading out to pubs or clubs wasn't their thing. At most, another friend or two might come around for the night, or she would ask if I could drop her off somewhere.

Making them another drink earned another kiss on the cheek, though it came with added cuddle this time. My daughter had always been affectionate with me, and I'm glad nothing had stopped, even during those awkward teenager years, though I learned that I'd had it far easier than plenty of parents. As for Zara, she'd always enjoyed hugging me too. She didn't come from a broken home, but I'd met her parents, and neither came across as particularly loving of their daughter.

Damian disappeared by 6pm, and figuring out what to have for dinner, I wandered up the house to ask if the girls wanted pizza. Just about to knock on the door, I heard them both giggling away. I figured they were probably feeling the buzz of the vodka, as I knew neither of them drank much or often.

"I'm surprised you don't think that idiot is attractive," Katie stated, "And I'm left wondering what his girlfriend sees in him. I never took her for some sort of dumb slut."

I winced at the description. His girlfriend was actually a delightful from young woman, and even though my son was my own flesh and blood, I occasionally wondered what she saw in him. I think my daughter was jealous of her good looks.

"She's not a slut, Katie. You know that. She's never anything but friendly with you."

Zara, the voice of reason, like she'd always been. But I heard Katie sigh. "Sorry, he just infuriates me sometimes. He's twenty-one yet still acts like he's fifteen sometimes. Why can't he be more like daddy?"

"Well, your daddy is one of a kind."

Katie giggled. "You still think about him all the time when you masturbate?"

Okay, this was clearly a conversation not meant for my ears, but I found my feet were in cement and I couldn't move.

"All the time, Katie. At least you're fortunate enough to live with him."

"My daddy is rather handsome." I heard the dreamy tone in my daughter's voice. Dear god, she didn't fantasise about me too, did she?

"He's always been here for me, Katie. But I feel so shy and stupid around him all the time. He must still see me as some awkward little girl instead of the young woman I am now."

"I'm sure he sees the young woman you've blossomed into Zara. If I've noticed, he's noticed. But maybe you need to start looking at boys our age?"

Zara snorted. "Please, you agree with me that boys our age are practically worthless. Someone like your father though? God, I can only imagine what my first time would be like if it was with him. No forcing me to do things to him before I get two minutes of bad sex. He'd give me a night to remember."

"You're talking about my daddy, Zara," Katie retorted, thankfully hearing the humour in her tone, "Although compared to yours, I guess I have come out a winner in that regard."

Zara giggled. "My parents are so cold, I wonder when they last had sex. Ugh, just thinking about that makes gag."

I snuck away then made sure they heard me coming to the door, clearing my throat before knocking on the door. "Sweetie?"

"Door's open, Daddy!" Katie called out. Opening it slightly, I was greeted by two young women now wearing crop tops and some very short shorts, showing off their legs as they sat back against the headboard.

"Would you like some pizza for dinner? Was just about to order in a couple."

Their faces lit up. "We'd love some, Daddy. Thank you."

"Thank you, Scott. Can you order in a half and half for Katie and myself?"

"Sure. I usually get a meatlovers." They both pulled a face as I knew neither of them would eat that. "Usual for you, Katie?" She nodded, then I looked at Zara and smiled. "And a Supreme for you, Zara?"

Her face lit up at the fact I remembered what she liked. But I'd ordered her pizza plenty of times over the years. "Yes, and thank you, Scott."

"I'll get a side dish or two as well. You girls good for drinks?"

"We're good, Daddy."

"Okay, I'll shout when the pizza is here. What are your plans tonight?"

"Not much. Just laze around the house, might watch a movie later. Is it okay if Zara..."

"Sweetie, Zara is welcome to stay anytime she wants. Once Scott moves out, I might as well just redecorate and give her a room here too." They both grinned as I knew they'd love that idea. "No-one else coming around tonight?"

"We're texting Annie and Laura at the moment. If they don't come around tonight, they'll come around tomorrow for lunch."

"Let me know what you agree. If they come for lunch, I'll make sure we've got a few things in. Annie's the vegetarian, right?"

"You remember so much, Daddy."

"They're your friends and important to you, sweetie, therefore they are also important to me."

Shutting the door, I heard Zara stated, "And that's why we all love your father, Katie."

I was smiling as I took the phone from my pocket and put through the order. Half an hour later, the pizza and extras arrived, calling out to my daughters as I placed everything on the coffee table. I'd always thought of Zara as cute and adorable, but there was something about her walking into the living room that evening where I saw her as the young woman she wanted. If I guessed correctly, she'd even put on a little make up, while the crop top she wore was tight to her body, and the shorts she wore were incredibly small.

Sitting to either side of me, I made sure they had plates, not surprised they made a joke about the fact I had an entire pizza to myself while they shared one between them. "I'm taller, broader and need more energy," I stated, "Plus I'm just really hungry too. You girls need another drink?"

"I'll just go get us a soda each, Daddy."

Leaving me alone with Zara, she made a soft moan as she chewed on her pizza. I didn't order in from one of those big chains. There was an independent pizza parlour fifteen minutes away that did the best pizzas. Ordered in from them for years. "Good pizza?"

"The best, Scott. So much better than the usual garbage my parents order in."

Katie returned with a can of soda each for them and a bottle of beer for me. Twisting off the top, I took a gulp and sighed, both girls giggling at my reaction. We ate mostly in silence, watching the usual Saturday garbage, but the girls seemed to find it interesting. Once we'd polished off as much as we could, we washed our hands before returning to the living room, asking if they wanted to watch a movie. I'm sure many would find the idea of forty-three-year-old man stuck watching a movie with his daughter and her best friend as perhaps a little sad. I generally spent one weekend at home, one weekend out with my friends. My son usually did his own thing most of the time now, but if my daughter was going to remain home, I was going to enjoy all the time I could with her before she also wanted to spend more time doing other things than spending time with her father.

UltimateSin
UltimateSin
5,331 Followers