Zara

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I love you."

"And I love you, Zara. The one thing I'll ask is please don't be a stranger."

"I promise I won't. I'm going to visit all the time."

I laid one last kiss on her lips before I slid behind the wheel of my car. Reversing out of the driveway, she followed the car until she stood at the end of the driveway. I pulled the car to the kerb and lowered the window, kissing her one last time.

"I'll see you again soon, Zara."

"I love you, Scott. Forever."

Pulling away, I saw her in the rear-view mirror, my daughter hugging her tightly as I knew she was in tears. Wiping my own cheeks, I flicked on the indicator and turned onto the main road, turning on the radio so I didn't drive along in silence. I knew I'd be returning to a rather quiet house that evening and an empty bed once again.

It broke my heart, as well as hers, but I knew it was a decision that would prove to be for the best.

*****

A/N - First story of mine that has a sad rather than happy ending, though I think it's quite realistic.

However... However... If there is enough demand to write one, I'll happily write a sequel giving these characters a happy ending.