All Comments on 'Zero, Fifty, or One Hundred - Alternate'

by stormbreyer

Sort by:
  • 89 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A solid story by itself...

...but it is still disparate from the original story. This alternate ending was grounded much more in reality - that is to say how real life troubled marriages tend to play out.

I feel this story would have been better as it's own story rather than an alternate ending because the characters undergo personality changes if both instalments are read together.

looking4itlooking4itabout 8 years ago

Don't you love folks who finish an unfinished story with an unfinished ending?

KrvnikKrvnikabout 8 years ago
This was utterly pointless

1 star. Stop writing. Permanently.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
better than the other continuation !!!!!!!

Ok , so it's not the best LW story ever, but its much better than that shit swingerJoe put out the other day ! And hey, this author opened it up for voting , I guess he's not ashamed of his work !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Well written

The dialogue and stream of consciousness felt pretty close to reality. I do agree though its tone does not seem to match the original....but then again must it?

In this version Bob feels a little more of a sad sack to me, and frankly I don't like that he is made to assume as much responsibility as he is here. Perhaps he was a bit strident in his manner of working to provide and thus losing perspective that he was not spending enough time with them. But how is that not an excuse on the part of the wife to shift blame for her own misbehavior? I realize this song and dance does play out in real life time and time again. But where the heck is the love?The communication?The understanding? No, instead she lets the situation fester and places the blame on him for his neglect. Yes he probably bears responsibility in the the divide in their relationship.Both parties do! But while he is clueless, she does perceive that as a problem, so it is on her for not addressing that problem and working with him to come to a resolution of it. While her festering anger/loneliness may have been a factor in her moonlighting with the lothario, her doing so should not be blamed on that. That was on her and her being less then contrite for it, is not a good sign for their happy future.

Like this writer though, I would hope for a happy ending where they can look back and breathe a sigh of relief that they dodged a major bullet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Real people with real depth

Nice start, believable real characters. I'm not sure I would equate betrayal with overworking. I think she is rationalizing her emotional infidelity. Still, I think it's a great start, and I would love to see where these two might find a road back, or if their indignance prevents real healing. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
You just can't

Make a chocolate cupcake out of a mud pie.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Not bad

I can live with this alternative also. However I have to say if you continue this tale it will end horribly. Leaving it as is leaves us with the possibility that it can end happily. Which is how the original ended. So start another tale and leave this as is.

fisheronefisheroneabout 8 years ago
Balancing marriage

Females like Sharon need physical time together and it needs to be a blend of romance, sex and family time. When work outweigh those three, build a separation and you become a target of a marriage thief. I like where this is going. Bob working all these hours is probably in bad shape. I would like to see him and Sharon get maritaly and physically fit together. The first step is realizing there is a problem and both are at fault.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Fair

It ignores what I feel is the major problem,that except for that vacation she NEVER went to Bob with her concerns before looking outside the marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hey that is a straight shot

thanks for the additional update

ken philipsken philipsabout 8 years ago
Liked This Realistic Attempt to Continue the Story

But I gave it a 4 as I think you can finish from here unless there is some significant change in Bob's attitude - not Sharon's. Men who lose all sense of work-life balance end up with nothing. Take it from me. Ken

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Not Really A Short Story

Weird bit of writing, more of a position paper on the subject than a story. In any case you are right, a reasonable couple with a kid would not divorce over something like this. Then again, a reasonable wife would not cheat on her husband. She might talk to him about how she felt, if he didn't listen she might yell at him, fight with him, drag him to a marriage counselor - but she wouldn't cheat on him, and yes what this one did was cheating.

So, what will happen? There marriage will be forever unbalanced by her cheating. She will always be the felon in the marriage and he the victim. Commonly husbands are pushed aside as their wives become mothers. It is a common time for a man to seek out another woman. His wife is no longer paying him as much attention - sound familiar? So, smart men don't cheat, they become FATHERS. They put their time and love into the child. In this case, his stupid wife did not put her love into the child - she sought out another man. If you take their past behavior as a likely guide to the future you will see that she is innately dishonest and he has tunnel vision. If you want to predict the future it is likely that she will re-offend - this time with a plan on getting a divorce or he. For him, because of his focus will not be able to let this event go and it will fester into an anger that will express itself by his becoming abusive or by him using it to justify cheating himself.

What many of these stories fail to recognize is the condition where once a betrayal is discovered it may result in the end of a marriage but not in a divorce. Many people continue to live together for the benefit of their children or for financial benefit while they pursue separate emotional lives. Life is often more practical than dramatic. Indeed, once a person finds out their spouse has been cheating on them, once their faith is shattered in a monogamous marriage, and once they have had time to come to terms with the reality of their situation - they may not see any point in breaking up a financial union for the benefit of their pride.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
sorry your conclusions are based on you thoughts not reality

I have seen many real couples break up over less than what is described in this story. Sometimes without ever letting the other know why. To presume one can overlook slights is to assume one is very shallow with very little emotional feeling. The wife was in an affair, whether intercourse had occurred or not she was in an emotional and sexual affair. To overlook it basically says it wasn't important. If it wasn't important what do marriage vows mean? His income provides so that she can be a housewife and not need to work, she enjoys her lifestyle. Instead of saying it doesn't matter she should help him in some way change the dynamics so that the system works instead of running off to another and seeking what she thinks she doesn't have at home. There is no loving wife here, we have a very self centered woman drifting away from her husband instead of working with him. Perhaps one should look at divorce rates, average lengths of marriages, and number of marriages over a persons lifetime before talking 50/50. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
2*s

Did anybody finish? Did anyone reach a climax (dramatic) reading this?A continuing continuation.

You left me feeling empty,stormbreyer. Weird scene , lol.

AMerryman

javmor79javmor79about 8 years ago
Hmmm

I liked where this WAS going, but the fact that you stopped it so abrubtly reeks of laziness. The characters were very realistic and I have seen this situation play out before IRL, so you were definitely on to something. But you just dropped the ball. An open ended story can work, but not on a continuation of ANOTHER unfinished story. Open ended stories in chapter 2 don't work. You could have even given a brief epilogue to say that their marriage confines to struggle, but counseling is helping. Or an epilogue saying that Bob continues to work too hard, and things don't look good. Anything.

This author did work hard on this, and it shows. But he is 2 paragraphs short if a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
You're staying true to your other works.

In this you have tried to make Bob the villain, and completely glossed over what Sharon was doing. You have tried to make her the long suffering, mistreated bride, and Bob the bungling, violent fool who - in THIS world - deserves to be cheated on. If you continue I expect you will eventually make him her willing cuckold I would expect nothing else from you. Forget honor, truth, commitment. Forget she has lied continuously. You will no doubt place her in command of the relationship for her own selfish pleasure and ignore him as a man or even a person. Which, by the way, you have her demonstrating right now.

foolscapfoolscapabout 8 years ago
good old stormbreyer... always looking for ways to excuse the betrayer and blame the victim.

reconciliation is very desirable but for none of the reasons expressed by so many RACC authors.

1. Children DO NOT necessarily benefit living in a household where betrayal is swept under the rug.

2. Children DO NOT benefit when taught that there is justification for betrayal.

3. Nobody benefits when blame is shifted to the victim.

Perhaps the most egregious example of blaming the victim is in the case of rape- which in my opinion is the most reprehensible of behaviors and is sick. How many women are violated emotionally and mentally when they attempt to get justice after being raped?

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 8 years ago
OK, But...

it was clinical. No emotion, just the facts.

In some ways, it reminded me of the ending of Slirpuff's "What She Didn't Tell Me". (I don't like Slirpuff's ending of that story and have been toying with the idea of an alternate ending).

And I agee with Javmor79's comment that the ending here was too abrupt. The story needed to be a bit longer.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 8 years ago
I see what you were going for

I understand what stormbreyer was trying to accomplish here, and I applaud the effort. It's interesting to see that, once again, the LW readers seem to be perfectly fine with a story where a wife denies her husband with sex and affection and receives her comeuppance, but when the situation is reversed, they scream "man-hater!"

An ideal marriage involves an equal effort on the part of both husband and wife when it comes to sex/affection and emotional support. When there is an imbalance -- on either side -- that often leads to problems.

In one of my recent stories, a character stated, "It has occurred to me that there is very little difference between denying sex and having an affair. Part of our marriage agreement is that we have an exclusive sexual relationship and that we meet each other's needs in the bedroom. Whether you're having an affair or not, you've refused to meet my needs in that regard. You're cheating me out of that part of our marriage."

LW readers seemed to accept that premise. Yet, if Sharon had said this same line to Bob, with "denying emotional support and affection" substituted for "denying sex", the same readers would rant and rave about man-hating "cuck" authors.

I'm still interested in the question of when Sharon began cheating in this story, and what her punishment should be. A few readers have suggested that Sharon cheated simply by flirting with Luke, agreeing to meet him for dinner, and lying to her husband about it. I don't necessarily disagree with that, but what should be her punishment? Divorce?

In an ideal world, Bob and Sharon would sit down and actually TALK to each other, share their feelings and fears in a brutally honest way, and come to some sort of agreement together. Bob would promise to pay more attention to his family, and Sharon would promise to settle down and stop flirting with strange men. Maybe they would replace "girl's night out" with "date night." Maybe they'd live happily ever after.

But that sure would be a boring story to read, wouldn't it?

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 8 years ago
You need an ending

You stopped your alternate ending WAY too early, and took the lazy way out by saying "so if I continued the story, both characters would grow and change, and they would work through this and come out the other side deeper in love and more secure in their relationship" - if you are going to finish someone else's story - FINISH IT, don't dither or take cheap ways out.

3/5 for the direction it was going

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Yes, More Needed

Yes, this story needs more alternative endings as the situation in the original is both realistic and erotic. Also, no alternative has yet raised Sharon's emails and the discussion of the hot tub and Luke's room at the hotel in terms of what Sharon was planning to do.

gmann57gmann57about 8 years ago

Im with you, It seems a lot of readers have been burned and are lying to themselves thinking they're own own stupidity was the real issue

FD45FD45about 8 years ago
I don't like forced writing

I don't like when Stangstar writes a woman who is so stupid that she needs to have 'breathe' tattooed on the back of her hand to remind her to make sure she is still sucking in oxygen.

I don't like how you force wrote this man to be pathetic and ineffective. You could not even let him land a punch, but had to make him stumble over his feet like some ringside clown with a simple punch.

That just seemed gratuitous and as part of a scene, I really didn't like it.

Now most of the POV was focused on the wife. And you took his two (or three or maybe a year, Azahura was a bit...skittish in his temporal descriptions) months of having to work hard and heavy, AS WELL AS REALIZING IT, and you instead stretched it out to being a neglectful husband for five years, so insular and clueless to not realize a single damned thing.

Now...it is possible for a man to be like that. But not the man written in the story. And there is this thing...below the nose and above the chin...it's kind of round and it has this floppy thing inside of it. Occasionally air is expressed out of it in ways that actually convey information.

So if this Sharon found herself in a life of quiet desperation, perhaps it is incumbent upon her to

1) TELL HER HUSBAND

or

2) Leave his sorry ass before she goes out playing tonsil hockey with Luke...TWICE.

As written, she is not there for Bob. She is there for her kid, her reputation and her comfort. She is there so she does not have to hear about it in of phone calls from her mother. At least this is the take away I am getting from her.

She is getting bent out of shape because he had lunch with Vickie (though admittedly, she self corrected) One wonders what she would have thought if she had caught him grinding against her pussy in public and rubbing himself suggestively in front of her. How quickly would she change the locks?

So yeah...at least this woman did not react like that selfish harridan in swingerjoes tale. This is a take on 'happy women don't cheat'.

Do I buy it? Actually, yes. Do I think the woman behaved ethically? No. And the failure of her marriage can be laid at her feet at least three quarters of the way (half for lack of communication and a quarter for cheating) BUT...as written, the guy carries some blame.

But...ladies...men are not mind readers. They do not get your sighs, your eyerolls, your 'fine's or your 'nothing's.

Deal with it You can waste three hours talking about shoes but not ten minutes about something making you desperately unhappy? Really?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Right you are, Swingerjoe...

...but the fact that there seems to be an obvious affinity, as far as feminine denial is concerned, shouldn´t surprise: Compairing search-tags shows a clear favour for "cuckold" or related tags over "loving wives" or "cheating wives" and related. I began refering to this site as "Cuckerotica" when more and more readers joined this growing community.and authors started their efforts to please these clients. JPB is an example for this behaviour. "If you don´t have it in you, you cannot write it"

I am mourning the loss of quality and growing glorification of submissive cuckolds.

Perhabs a vent for their own failings? Self-punishment as retribution in real life?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
the only thing

your hopeless at is writing, i couldn't care less if they got back or not, your story was a waste of people time, her bring up hitting the daughter or her was another way of her putting her husband down.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 8 years ago
Re. the "selfish harradin"

FD45, I find that many of your comments hit the mark, but other times you whiff completely. When you call the woman in my alternate ending a "selfish harradin", I believe that's an example of the latter.

Your belief seemingly stems from the fact that, in my story, Sharon didn't protest when Bob called her on her behavior and offered his ultimatum. You believe she should have told him at that point that Luke was gay and that it was all a big misunderstanding instead of taking him to see Luke and show him the "big reveal" in person. I have three main issues with that, however:

1) Bob probably wouldn't have believed her.

2) Bob has probably acted like a jealous ass in the past, and he needed a wake-up call.

3) It would have made for an incredibly dull story if they simply communicated (which is a point I've often made about this plot, beginning with Chapter One.)

Not that I want to rehash the endless back-and-forth about my version of this ending, but part of the entire point of my ending was that there are two sides to every story, and LW readers only seem to focus on the husband's point of view. (I assume because the vast majority of us reading these stories are men.)

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 8 years ago
3*

For a partial effort.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 8 years ago
Surprised at the differences

Infidelity is in the eyes of the beholder. Men and women live and work togeather in the same space, at least in Western countries. Not all friendships are same sex ones, and the vast majority are no threat to fidelity. This friendship was, but not a marriage killer imp. The couple failed to discuss long term goals, so who was sacra icing what for whom was up in the air.

Both share in the problem, and undue blame need on the wife. To do so is to say your end of the ship is sinking.

That said, this part 2 should have taken them through counciling.

Chilley

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 8 years ago
Cuckerotica

I would agree with the reader who left the the comment that this site is turning into Cuckerotica !

It is good to read about an actual loving wife and not one who out to get fucked by some big cock.

She has a lot to lose fir some different cock.

I know of a husband who sometimes works till 1am to finish work for his customers. Opens up and last one to leave his business premises. His wife took their children and left him as she mentioned she hss no marriage.

However, she drives range rover, her and the children own a house/s which are stabled, live in a big house multi room sky boxes etc, etc.

He told me he would have to work even harder to support to homes.

My advice was, sell her range rover, give her a 1.0L fiesra or clio, sell the horses, cut back on sky subscription, employ another worker to close premises in evening inform customers of more teas completion dates.

Then start cooking lessons and make a home his wife can live in and share with not a empty castle with a maiden trapped within it !

SKHPSKHPabout 8 years ago
Lot better than Swingerjoe's failed attempt

At least this one seemed realistic. A bit more of real dialog instead of indirect speech would have improved this story. The confrontation scene in the restaurant seemed a bit strange - was the lover somehow pre-warned by the wife?

But what I did not like at all was the shifting of responsibilities to Bob, who was the victim in the original story. That was - in this point I agree with other commenters - not consistent with the characters developed in the original story.

3*, thanks for sharing - and no need for a continuation.

Daniel32Daniel32about 8 years ago
WAAAAYYYYYYYY better dude!*****

This one took all the information from the original under consideration and resolved it in an alternate but more believable way than joes did. Thx for the read! :-)

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
Also a good ending...and I think that...

Also a good ending...and I think that the writer should have written hos own end and not let it open...4*

IronDragonIronDragonabout 8 years ago
Believable.

Much more so than the other alternative. Not every guy is a martial arts expert, Marine, Ranger, etc. Honestly, taking down Luke would have been nice, even satisfying, but it wasn't all that necessary in this one.

This one stuck closely to Ahazura's first part, while offering a believable alternate ending. As much as some, me included, want to see Luke get Rick'd or Applesauced, this is closer to what would most likely happen in real life. Besides, Luke got messed up pretty good in the original ending.

Good job, Author. :)

4 Stars

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopabout 8 years ago
Agree with Stormbreyer

That's right, you don't take 8 years and a child and just flush them. They have to work on their relationship. Sharon has needs and Bob needs to step up. Career is important but sooner or later it ends. My husband and I both have careers and we are both ridiculously busy, but! We want to stay together because we are soul mates, and physicality doesn't trump that relationship. We learned a long time ago that you can have both but you have to work at it. xoxoxox Annette

dc6370dc6370about 8 years ago
Please continue

I'm curious where you are taking this story. It is much better than the other alternate ending.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
another non ending

while it takes the angry couple in a nicer, less angry direction, and offers a bit of hope it still leaves the story open ended. Bob is still in denial. Sharon still refuses to accept responsibility for her behaviour with Luke. And it leaves Luke free and clear to try again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What is with modern ppl???

Why cant people accept that fact that you cant have everything in life.

Specially women who cheat because their husbands are too into their careers..

That has to be one of the weakest excuses (not that I think there are ever any real excuses) for infidelity.

If you want a better life why not join the work force and remove some pressure off of your husband. Why do you think you deserve everything in life just cause you have a vagina.

My dad worked extremely hard his entire life to give us kids a better life. My mom was in the workforce as well. Instead of whining and bitching about his work she stood by him and supported him in each and everything.

Ppl are too entitled these days.

luedonluedonabout 8 years ago
Re: "Why cant people accept that fact that you cant have everything in life."

Dear Anonymous,

The answer to your question is that its because we only have this one life and when it's over, it's over. We can't come back and have a second go to experience the things we missed out on first time round.

The worst thought I could possibly have on my deathbed is "I just wish I had tried . . . . . . . . . . .

I had the opportunity, but I didn't."

L

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Another

Another shit bucket ending by a cuck as licking writer.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Marriage is not that hard

Marriage is not hard if both the husband and the wife understand that once they are married they become one. That is the Biblical view of marriage and by default and legacy, the western view of marriage. That is also why adultery is a sin and why most western people find it so horrible. Remember: "What God has joined together, let no man split asunder" Adultery is literally tearing the One apart. So, how do you avoid such a terrible fate? Simple, you do your DAMN JOB! Just like going to work and expecting to get paid every two weeks, if you want the benefits of marriage you have to do your damn job. People who do not do their jobs are known as time thieves, slackers, cheaters. Have you ever known one of these types? I have known many, they are not my friends, they are human shit. When I have had the misfortune to have to manage one of them - I did my best to motivate them. If that did not work, I fired them. A cheating spouse is the same thing, human shit. There is no fixing them, you can polish a turd all day long and at the end of the day it will still be a pile of shit. Don't waste your time, there are plenty of decent people out there well worth the effort to polish, they will shine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Somewhat less radical than SJ's ending, but still pretty ridiculous in its own way.

Bob was portrayed as a very thoughtful and hard working man in the original story. But in this version in the restaurant he was portrayed as an emotional impetuous chump. No less ridiculous than SJ's version. Married eight years, and Sharon had no idea what to expect from her emotional cheating, and actual lying? Of course Sharon's concerns were legitimate and understandable. But her seeking comfort in the intimate company of another man is not. And nothing Sharon, or Ron, says about the situation will change the fact that if Bob, and Vickie, had not intervened when they did, Sharon would most likely have traded her status of wife and mother for that of divorced whore. Your version glosses over or intentionally ignores that issue. And yet it is the aborted dinner date and inevitable fuck fest that lies at the epicenter of Sharon's behavior. It was bad enough you tried to make this equally Bob's fault. Sharon has a mouth and a brain as well as a clitoris and vagina. In the original story we saw which of her assets she chose to use to deal with her unhappy marriage. Thanks for not finishing what would no doubt make Sharon, and you, look more ridiculous.

c24jc24jabout 8 years ago
Good continuation . . .

Stormbreyer, I enjoyed this. The characters thought processes and motivations struck me as fairly realistic, with good points and also miscues on both parts. The ending seemed to be heading towards them working it out.

I do think it's a little odd having an acquaintance as a marriage counselor, but I'd guess that happens.

You seemed a touch worried about the endings desired by others, and given the comments on swingerjoe's ending, I can see why! But if you wanted to play around a bit, you could give two of your own alternate endings to your story.

First, a longer one where they do work through things, and maybe have a slight scare or some other serious issue that reminds them of their love. Or maybe they could get that through good counseling.

The second option would be a BTB'ers special. Bob could turn to her, extend his forefinger, and say, "May the deities of this planet reign punishment down upon you for being a woman and for not being totally subservient to me . . . and also on Luke for being a doo-doo head!" She (and somewhere else Luke) would both immediately burst into flame. "Wow!" said Bob, "The deities really did burn the bitch.".

Then have readers vote on which ending met their needs. At any rate, I like yours as it is now.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 8 years ago
the significance of the 3 day weekend

When you have a spouse or significant other who is the job of lives the job 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year it can be a real problem for the marital relationship and for the family life.

When the wife talked about their 1 week vacation that was supposed to be "just us /no kids" vacation yet the husband was still frantically checking e-mail and the smart phone ... It speaks of a serious problem in their relationship.

But in the marriage counseling session the wife also mentioned that they were able to take three days weekends fairly often... which brings up the point of whether not during those three day weekends the husband was still glued to his e-mail and smart phone and work computer at home. If he is able to stop with e-mails and work computer for three day weekends... that would be a good thing. It would also tell the reader as to how serious was the husband's work obsession actually was.

In this high tech Internet connected world it can be very difficult to completely unplugged for an entire week especially if something important is about to happen in the company or at work or some other project. A vacation time between married couples should be a vacation time for more as much as possible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Awful continuation

Once again we have an unfinished/unresolved ending to the story. Your chapter added nothing to the mix but more questions. Why do that? Being a romantic is fine. But sometimes (more than 50% if you believe the statistics) marriages don't work out. And when you have two people that aren't communicating and one is cheating, then most likely that marriage is dead. But whether or not is was should have been how this story concluded. If you can't complete something. don't start it. This was a waste of time.

1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
it was an okay try

3/5

jezzazjezzazabout 8 years ago
I don't really understand....

... What this brought to the story?

There was no conclusion here. No ending.

A story needs a first act - set up. A second act - the events unfolding. And a third act, where a conclusion is arrived at.

This is a very basic second act, where some things happen, there a lot of exposition on what people were feeling, - which is fair enough - and then.., nothing? No resolution, no point being made,

A slow disintegration of a marriage just isn't that interesting. It's viable, certainly. Predictable, even. But not particularly interesting.

Writing something like this is risky, simply because nothing of massive consequence happens. In situations like that, you have to rely on either the characterization or the quality of writing. The writing here is competent but not inspired, and the characterization are tedious and worn. He's ineffective and muddled and she's entitled. Neither is particular relatable in terms of _ wanting_ to relate, so there's nothing really to hang on to, so to speak.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Im still at a loss him working to hard for his family never would be reason to cheat. If he quit his job for something less time consuming that paid a lot less would she be ok with that or is that another reason to cheat. Also her hubby is now a laughingstock at her company where Luke works also and what about his friend that taped it . You know that would never get erased. She's a selfish bitch and any spouse who cheats because the other is working to hard for the family is no good. Talk about the changes that are needed and work through them and if that don't work than revisit it with some decision made about the marriage. Cheaters suck but I think it was stopped just in time for me to reconcile so that I agree but a little different would be better

TeslerTeslerabout 8 years ago
Did Not Like it

Sorry but I did not like it. The writing was good but I was not a fan of where you took the characters. I don't mind reconciliation stories but this went a little farther where Bob is now the "bad" guy for working to much and it is justifiable for Sharon to have a relationship with Luke. As a side note there is no way that Ron, as a friend, could be their counselor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Let's See

According to your story 90% of the marriage problem is Bob's fault for working hard for a living and providing for his family. In return for that Sharon is having lunch every day with the office Romeo, drunken partying, swapping spit, and sharing her panties with her wonderful, understanding "friend" all in very public settings for everyone to see and enjoy. Seems the only thing she don't do was fuck him on the bar room table. But that I'm sure was later on her bucket list to improve her miserable home life. Sure that sounds like what any good, supportive wife would do. NOT in my world pal! To quote Sharon "If you got drunk and kissed another woman on a dance floor I would go for your balls". Can you say hypocrite??? Funny how your story has Sharon showing little true remorse for anything she did. So yeah, excuse me if I'm not buying the bleeding heart bullshit you're spinning here trying to make Sharon out as some poor abused wife married to a thoughtless husband that only cares about himself and his job.

Maybe in the next chapter you can go into all of the things Sharon did to make Bob more interested in their home life. You know like having family activities instead of partying with her "friend", planning intimate dinners with her husband instead of her "friend", talking to her husband instead of her so understanding "friend" about their marriage problems, etc. etc. I must have missed all of the things Sharon proactively did to do her part in supporting the family. When you do that then you will have succeeded in your quest to make hard working Bob into the ghastly husband you see him as and put Sharon up on her self-righteous pedestal. Also really enjoyed Sharon's quote "I just want you to know, that if you ever raise a hand against me or your daughter like that, you will never see either of us again." Guess you wish you could spin Bob into a wife beater also. Needless to say I hope you don't write another chapter. I'm sure your idea of grow and change would have Sharon coming out as Mother Teresa.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 8 years ago
Why ??

Why did you make him look like a total loser?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Huh?

This story was a huge soup sandwich. No idea what you were trying to do here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good attempt

Still better than SwingerJoe's bullshit retconning just to try and be a contrarian to the misogynistic assholes on lit (not a bad endeavor but the method was hamfisted and stupid) this makes them feel like they're both flawed humans that have issues to work out.

PS: should of let the poor bastard bop the asshole in the face, the people here would've been much more forgiving. Reconciliation is one thing letting someone that tries to seduce wives with a cancelled dinner is another.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

pathetic. you made him a wuss and you suggests that's HIS fault if she cheats. and still unfinished. what's the fucking point of the alternate ending if it does NOT end the story?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
OK, so they're seeing a marriage counsellor. What? She's incapable of putting her...

....foot down about his absenteeism from home and family?

I can relate to what he's gotten caught up in. But blinded to what he's been abandoning does not prepare him to somehow magically realize that and turn it around. The gift of the partnership in the marriage, is that seeing and hurting from his ineptitude, she has a first obligation to sit him down and put it on the line for him. If the shock value is lost on him, it would probably be best for her to move on, but if not, he'll make amends, and do so almost immediately.

Speaking from personal experience, I came back from a very long business trip abroad to a single question......"Do you want to keep your family?"

Man, that got my attention! And I made amends.

A co-worker on that same trip (the girls might have talked, I never asked), did the same thing and he told her, "No!" And walked out. Got an apartment and filed for divorce the following Monday. Needless to say, we were all shocked. But talking to him at lunch that week, he had taken the extended travel circumstances in order to avoid divorce. Apparently he was very unhappy in his marriage. Apparently her idea of fidelity and his weren't quite the same. He didn't remarry while I remained at that employer, but did take over for me in the 80% outbound department.

So, I guess your 50/50 stat is pretty close to my experience.

In the original story, wifey blew the deal when she failed to make her issues clear to hubby and inform him that it was his to correct or lose his "reason for it all".

This fatal flaw seems to be common to many of the cheating stories here in the LW world. I wonder why no one addresses it?

Oh, and other than setting them up to go to counseling, what was your point?

It didn't really go anywhere and frankly, begs some content to make it more interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Awful...

One several counts - the story telling is just so so... But making her cheating his fault is beyond the pale. She could have said, hubby I want a lover, I'd like you to fill that job for me but if you're not interested or too busy then maybe I can find a guy out there that would like the job. Let me know if you want the job or not. I said essentially the same to my wife and she didn't get it at first when I told her I wanted a mistress. She told me to go get one. It took a while for it to dawn on her that I wanted her to be my mistress not just a housewife, mother and workaholic and spend all her "free" time on chuch activities... I wanted a woman that wanted to be the object of my sexual desires not just a roommate with occasional benifits.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 8 years ago

Having Bob blamed for everything, and having him act like such a pathetic wimp isn't to my taste.

Luke isn't exactly blameless, and that part was almost completely overlooked, I would have liked to see some consequences coming his way, such as Sharon starting a case with HR. His name wasn't even mentioned in the conversation with Ron, not that much else was.

This story has the classical problem of too much telling, not enough showing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

so where's your ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
confused

She is furious about being accused of cheating with younger guy...only somewhat guilty about emotional affair.

Oops...guess two make out sessions with guy is not cheating...it is to some of us.

Worse yet is talking to another man about intimate details of marriage...ok for her but she is furious he talked to some female about their problems.

Her boyfriend was pursuing sexual relationship and she knew it. She was pursuing emotional and sexual relationship and she knew it.

Nowhere in this sequel does she communicate her frustrations to her husband. Doubtful she would have given up lifestyle husband's long hours provided her and live like trailer park white trash.

She wanted lifestyle and younger lover and husband be damned if he objected.

Boyfriend's reaction to husband being with her says it all. Boyfriend was certain that dinner would end in sex with him

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 6 years ago
Stormy, I usually refrain from snide comments about authors, and stick to the story

But if this amalgamation of wimp-thought, excuse for lack of morals, and conflating working to provide with cheating: Then you are a poster child for gutless, moral-less, impotent males parading as American Men. Nuff said

Now if this is just a literary exercise to raise trolls like me, well then, Well played Sir You got me.

robt1157robt1157over 6 years ago
I'd stick to reading

and leave the writing to a real author. That's why I just read. All you did was ruin a great story. Sorry, but thats how I see it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Since the cheating bitch wants more time . .

The solution is simple.

Bob should take her up on her offer to trade all their creature comforts for more time.

He should quit his job and become a stay at home dad, that way she has all the time in the world to spend with him

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wait..

So working longer hours, spending time at work instead of with his family, sacrificing his own time and energy for their benefit, to ensure their future, health and well being...is a selfish goal because he loves his career more than them?

That is just mental, dude. Really...fucked up.

DrakenNoirDrakenNoirover 5 years ago
She Was Guilty of an Affair!!

Women typically start an emotional affair first (at least according to the infidelity websites) Then follows the physical affair. Often by the time the poor spouse finds out, it's too late. She already has an emotional investment in the new relationship. Basically in this case the husband was very lucky to find out and be able to do something about it. She already has an emotional affair well underway. She was well on her way to leaving him. Not that this jerk wanted a long term relationship with her. He just would have used and abandoned her after she ruined her marriage!!

Was Bob guilty of being a workaholic? Sounds like it. But the original story states that it should only be until this project was completed. It had only been going on for two months (original story). That's awful quick to start betraying your spouse.

This was a decent effort and a pretty good read. Especially the parts that indicated an emotional affair first. So, in the end she did cheat. And was well on her way to completing the physical end of it. Her complaints otherwise ring untrue!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Only if you're into selfish, self centered women.

No woman worth having would pull this BS when hubby was trying to get them to the end zone... And no "man" who was trying to provide for his family would put up with this BS. Just sayin'!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Silly little tale!

Just the mere fact that she made out with Luke makes her guilty of an affair! The sex we know will come very soon! I do not like your take on this - to ordinary for such an important sideshow in any marriage and you needed to treat it s such. YA I know this is fiction and not YOUR story!

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Not good

Just not a satisfying alternate story. All the blame goes to the hard working husband, nd he is made out to be a bumbling idiot. Story.just stops, with no resolution at all.

bruce22bruce22about 5 years ago
Worrisome Tale

In it we have a case of a wife who does not work and who starts drifting the wrong way. We have a husband who cannot disconnect from work. The problem as always the lack of communication between the two of them. Our justice of the peace said something that I have never forgot: "The most important thing is to be friends".

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Uh no

Couldn’t finish this turd. Up to the point I quit reading it seems like a story written by a disturbed woman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Bob's screwed

If Bob backs down and tries to work less pay more attention etc his wife will see him as weak. If he continues to work hard for his family she will believe she's justified in cheating. Either way someone else will be tapping that ass. Bob wiffing his punch didn't help either.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
1* What poppycock!

Huh? This was your supposed 'alternate ending'? That drivel wasn't an ending to anything, nor was it much of a comment on the prior author's work. Why on earth did you burden us with this stuff?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
she wanted out

but was too much of a coward to say it.

she should have grown a pair of ovaries and told him, 'get your shit together, or i'll divorce you.'

the SECOND she started cheating. yes, cheating! making out with the guy isn't JUST an 'emotional affair'. it was an affair. it was an emotional affair...too. i agree with the others, this ending was sloppy. it treated the husband like the problem.

he had a problem, and the wife had a much worse problem. she kept excusing her behavior on his problem. that was childish. supremely childish, disrespectful, and a sign of bigger issues. i wonder if the author would feel the same way if the biological sex of everyone was swapped? somehow i doubt it. i think the author gave the wife a free-pass cuz ovaries. it makes women look weak when you coddle them in a story. and women aren't children. ffs, they are grown. they are strong. and they are just as able as a man to own up to their issues.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

Sharon took a deep breath, and said, "I want to be as important to Bob as his career. It's great that he makes a lot of money, and I know he cares about me and Casey, but I would trade all of the 'things' that we have to be as important to him and get the same amount of attention that he provided when we were first married."

Yep, thats why billionaire workaholics are unmarried and women revel in all the time and attention they get from their unemployed boyfrieds

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

WTF?? He throws a punch, misses and falls to the floor? What - did he get drunk on the way into the restaurant? What a load of crap... Oh yeah, since when does TGIFridays have a maitre'd?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Incomplete. Finish The Damn Story, however you see it going.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Well you shit all over that story

Totally fucked up. Don't ever do this again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

FTDS

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

No you in fact ducked the story and contributed nothing except waste my time reading your drivel

Scores 1/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This poorly contrived submission was not ready for prime time viewing. The plot structure is awkward and does not advance the arc of the original story to any significant degree. Ahazura should be gratified to know his original tale motivated another author to submit a sequel despite the fact the second author really had nothing to say.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok. So you continued a story, with another story that needs to be continued. At this point, I don’t really see what you added. And I disagree, on the comment that “ any couple married with an 8 year old, will try to work on keeping the relationship intact”. That would be, what two sane, in love people would do. But of course, they already would have talked this point out to death, with each other. What I see, is a woman who us using this point, as a justification for cheating. Men in long term relationships cheat, because a younger, hotter woman becomes available, and perhaps even pursues them. Women cheat for that reason also, but more often if they see they have a real opportunity to improve their status and wealth. Woman also are very concerned about winning the “ propaganda war”. This is why, she is making a big deal out if this being her husbands fault, as he ignored her, to bring in income, wifey had no problem spending. It’s like this. Men fall in love with women. Women fall in love with money, and security. They will always try to create a false pretext for their infidelity, kinda like Putin saying Ukraine attacked the separatist regions. Don’t buy it. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You played a game of 'Chicken' here. As soon as you began to run out of road heading to the end of the story...you took it to the ditch! Baaad writer! Bad! Go to your room! - TANSTAAFL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Poor effort. You should start with you own ideas and leave other's alone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well the author certainly screwed up. Ahazura had a good tale going, too bad this guy flushed it down the toilet.

perhaps another writer will provide better. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Next time write your own story. All you did was ruin another authors good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It veers in a wrong direction. The wife failed to communicate with her husband and tell him what was going on in her head. Instead, she went directly to seeking an adulterous affair. It isn't the husband at fault but the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There was no reason to turn the confrontation with the lothario into such a clown show by the husband. The author has some unresolved issues that got projected into that encounter.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Good plot, but…

You use much too much narration. It reads more like an outline, rather than a story. I almost didn’t finish it because it was paragraph after paragraph of pure narration. In future, try and tell the facts of your story through dialogue. That makes it much more entertaining and alive for your readers.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userstormbreyer@stormbreyer
192 Followers
It has been a while since I published a story. My apologies to readers who have been waiting for a resolution to the Sweet Ass series. My life went sideways for a while, then there was COVID, yada, yada, yada. Anyway, I decided to post some more content. As my followers kn...

story TAGS