Damaged Property

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
deadeye_76
deadeye_76
1,689 Followers

Now it was a challenge that I was going to accept. I had to prove that I could at least be a non-asshole to Jen. Candice had almost decreed it. I grinned as Carole put Candice back into her car seat. Then she got in, but I approached Candice's door. I opened it and leaned in. "I got your back, babe." I put out my fist to bump it. This was a little ritual that my sister and I had had for many years. Little Candice didn't even hesitate, like she knew exactly what I wanted. She bumped fists with me and grinned. I stared and then looked at Carole, whose eyes were as big as a dinner plate.

"I don't believe I just saw that." Carole said.

I looked as Jen spoke, too. "If I didn't know better, I'd have to start believing in reincarnation."

I grinned. "It's just a special thing between me and Candice." I turned to the little one. "Right, gorgeous?"

Candice nodded vigorously. "Unca Yon," she said affirmatively.

I pulled back and they both sat there for a few moments like they had to gather their thoughts. Then Carole drove them off.

I went back inside and started cleaning the place up a little. I found myself in a better mood than I had been in a long time. That little munchkin was amazing, and I was going to try to move on with my life. That definitely put me in a better mood. No more treading water and waiting for something to happen. I was going to make things happen my way.

Friday

All week I was in a better mood. I had come to realize that my life was lonely and without joy. I had had good sex a few times, but even as I looked back I realized that I had really just been looking for a conquest to get even with Miranda. I really was an asshole, because that was never going to work. I again went over everything that I had thought about that night when Jen was sick. It was true. I had been leading a lonely, ugly existence and that was not living. Living had to have real enjoyment in it and I was not having that. It had to be Candice. She had opened my heart again to believing that I could move on from Miranda. Miranda's letter, Denise's tirade, and Jen's love just pushed me into accepting my problems. Maybe I should have gone to a counselor or shrink a long time ago. I might have gotten on with my life earlier. Growing up I had always wanted to be around my family and to have one of my own. I had put all of that on hold trying to take out my anger at Miranda and the loss of Candice on others. Well, that was going to end. I didn't know where I was going with Jen, but I could definitely be decent about it and make decisions on things other than anger.

When I picked up Jen at Carole's, Candice was front and center waiting for me. I picked her up quickly, tickling her a little and she squealed in delight. Carole looked at me and shook her head.

"I need a babysitter on Sunday afternoon, are you available?"

I looked at Candice. "Absolutely."

Candice beamed, although I doubt she understood it, and held on to me as Carole went and wrested Jen from the bathroom upstairs. We were sitting on the couch when Jen came down. Fuck me! She was a goddess. She had on a slinky black dress and a single strand of pearls. Her figure was highlighted in a fantastic way by the dress. Her hair was pinned up and showed off her long delectable neck. Her face was almost glowing, either from being hot, anticipating a fight with me, or maybe she was actually excited to be going out with me. I certainly wasn't planning on fighting with her looking like this.

I stood up, Candice hanging onto me. "Wow, you look stunning."

She grinned and blushed.

Carole came over and took Candice and I put my hand out. Jen looked at it for a moment like she had to think about it, and then took my hand.

I walked her to the car, opened the door for her and helped her in. She grinned at that. I got in and we drove towards my favorite pick up club. I was going to play with her a little.

As we got close I could see her get quieter and dark clouds started forming over her head. I pulled into the lot and stopped. I turned off the car and before she could speak I put my hand up. "Here are your choices. You can continue to be mad at me for being an idiot and an asshole - or," I reached into the back seat and uncovered a single coral rose. I held it up towards her, "you can put aside your anger and let me take you to a nice restaurant for dinner to make it up to you."

Jen stared at the rose, and then took it. She looked at me closely. "A romantic gesture. Who would have thought that you were still capable of such things?"

I looked at her. "Well, as my biggest fan, I was hoping you'd be the one who still believes in me."

"Okay, let's go to dinner." She sat back, smiling, and sniffed the rose.

I drove her to a nice restaurant where I had made a reservation. We had a good dinner and loosened up. I started to wonder how I could have ever forgotten how nice it was to have a good conversation with an intelligent woman, or how nice it was to be on a date.

After dinner, we got in the car. We started down the road. Jen reached over and put her hand on my forearm. "Thank you for a wonderful dinner, John."

I patted her hand. "You're welcome. Now, since I promised to be on my best behavior, and as the 'Protector of the Downtrodden' I will take you back to Carole's to return you home safely and not too late."

Jen stared at me. "How did you know I used to call you that?"

"I heard it once a long time ago and forgot about it for a while." I couldn't tell her that I overheard her phone conversation.

Jen squeezed my forearm and I turned to look at her. "Well, there's no point in being that good. Perhaps a nightcap at your place would be nice." She gave me a sexy grin and I laughed. I guess she believed that I was trying to change my ways.

"That can certainly be arranged. And I promise to be a perfect gentleman."

I headed to my house and when we got there, I asked what she wanted to drink. She said red wine, since she had had it at dinner. I went into the kitchen to get her some. When I came back into the living room, Jen was standing there in nothing but her heels and pearls. I stared.

"Uh, wow, this is a surprise."

She grinned. "Now you have to really be on your best behavior, and being the perfect gentleman right now means making love to me." She walked over and took the glass of wine. "I promise not to get drunk tonight."

I laughed and then remembered something. "Speaking of drunk, there's one thing I always wanted to ask you. The day you brought the chili over and I passed out in the chair; I have this brief memory of being assisted by two people to bed. Was I dreaming or were you able to get me there on your own."

Jen gave me a conniving grin. "Actually, your stripper friend Denise came by to check on you."

Uh-oh. "Denise?"

"Yes, Denise. I remember her from school, too. She came by to check on you." Jen moved closer to me. "She's a good friend and really likes you. She was checking to make sure you were okay since she knew the date as well as anyone." The paused for a second, then continued, "But I'd better not catch you inviting her over here, buster." She poked me in the chest playfully.

I kissed her lightly. "Are you planning on checking on that regularly?"

Jen hugged me. "If you'll let me."

"I don't know how this will all work out, but I want to let you." I could feel her body warmth.

Jen leaned back, smiled, and kissed me. "That's all I can ask for."

We kissed hard and I knew that whether or not it worked out with Jen that at least I could get on with my life and not be driven by the anger that had led me down the road I had been on for a year.

As she undressed me I had a sudden thought. What the hell was it with little Candice? Was my sister really working her magic through that little munchkin? That thought was immediately removed by the feeling of Jen's hand on my hard cock and her kissing my chest. Maybe there was hope for the two of us yet!

deadeye_76
deadeye_76
1,689 Followers