All Comments on 'I Hate Surprises Ch. 03'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 587 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very good.

I liked this story a lot. The only thing that left me hanging is why Jennie seemed to only gave in to older men. Father issues perhaps?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Overall Good

The whole series was well written overall with good dialogue, and okay characters. Your writing style is refined and intelligent. The wife didn't come through very clearly. Yeah I guess she's got a thing for intense compliments from older guys, but we got that early on and she mostly just seems weepy and mopey.

From the general intelligence of the writing I was expecting a few 'truths' instead of just facts.

Thanks,

John O

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
GOOD STORY SO FAR

I have a few questions.1)Why were the both affairs with older men. Was she raped by an older man. Was an older man her first. Is this the end of the story, or is there another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
You've written better

I'm afraid to say I was disappointed with this story. The quality of writing was good, but the substance just left something to be desired. I'm sorry, but I happen to think that the resolution was weak. Granted, I can see a single forgiveness from someone much stronger than me. But the unforgivable is the complete betrayal of trust the second time, especially since they already explored the issues which caused her to cheat the first time. There was no claim of ignorance on her part that could hold water. It was the same issue in both cases, except she was aware of it in the second case. That makes her second betrayal a conscious decision, rather than an unconscious desire to feel wanted. While in "House of Cards" I felt sympathy for the husband, that was sorely lacking in this story. His acquiescence to her second betrayal revealed that he lacks the strength of his convictions.

I hope the protagonist in the next story is a stronger man. I am looking forward to your next submission!

jack_strawjack_strawover 18 years ago
nice finish

I'm still not sure I could have forgiven her, but this ended the way I wanted it to. It was pretty obvious that the issue for Jennie wasn't sex at all. If she'd really enjoyed it, I don't think Brad could have taken her back. It was the attention, the adulation from older men that drove her into it. By forcing herself to live without it, to learn that attention and affection has to be earned, she was able to pull her marriage from the brink.

Brad does seem to be a little too good to be true, although he certainly vented some anger on both men who got to his wife, and I guess that could be construed as a character flaw.

I, too, might have liked some exploration into her family background. The ease with which she succumbed to two older men, and endured some passionless sex as a result, leads me to think that might have been behavior that was learned early in life from a father figure of some sort.

All in all, this was a very emotional, very well-written series of stories. One reason I felt so pained after reading the second part was that as it ended, you knew - KNEW - these two people were still deeply in love. And, please, spare me the bullshit about how she couldn't possibly love someone and do what she did. She knew even before he confronted her that she'd made a terrible mistake. But, again, what she did wasn't about sex or love. I believe she was doing what she'd been trained to do at an early age, and that's give in to the flattery of older men and allow herself to be used.

I'm very impressed with the way you handled the emotions in this story, and gave those of us who are suckers for a happy ending exactly what we wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I Don't know

It was a great story with great character development for the most part, but Jennie's character seems to be rather enigmatic and if she doesn't fully know or understand her misbehavior how can the reader? That flaw plus his taking her back a second time leaves me somewhat ambivalent. The main problem I suspect is that I like most of your readers put themselves in his shoes and are trying to decide what we'd do in that situation, rather then looking at what Brad would or should do. Anyway, well done. Thank You. Ronnie W.

MinigalesMinigalesover 18 years ago
A Disappointment

While this story was very well written it did not meet what _I_ expected from this author. He should have done much better than this.

The second betrayal is really not forgivable. Is there the slightest guarantee she would not stray in a year? What would he do if she did?

It seemed that he loved her enough that as long as she loved him and did not enjoy sex with other people it is not that bad if she strays every once in a while. She just has that weakness. We all have one weakness or another, and we surely would love to find someone that gullible to keep forgiving us. He should have just faced it and said to himself, as long as she loves me so much, I really should not mind if she betrays me and humiliates me in front of others every once in a while. After all in a few years she will be so old nobody will be interested in her. She is certainly worth getting forgiven for that.

"And you need to know: I am scared, scared to death. I don't know what it will feel like without men around to flirt with, to tell me I'm lovely, to let me see that they desire me."

How refreshing it is to have a wife like that! Cannot she figure out how dumb and shallow that sounds? If she is so hung up on that, she should not be married or is that just another need of her to be loved?

I commend the author for not shoving grade-school level psycho babble our way. I have to say here that I really do not like it when a story is based on some principle character being a moron. I also want to say that I judge this author by higher standards than I would many others.

noone269noone269over 18 years ago
Excellent story!

I liked this story very much, even more than "House of Cards". The one thing that I didn't care for was the apparent airheadedness of Jennie. She wasn't exactly too bright.

Still great effort ohio, and I really liked your ending very cool.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 18 years ago
Sounded a bit preachy in spots

Half the story felt like you were talking to hardline critics on this site rather than to/about the wife.

After I got past you speaking to your critics rather than the story there was some good & some bad:

- liked that he was sad and resigned rather than just mad (the end of chapter 2 was very good in this respect)

- liked that he decided not to start fucking his dates until he decided for sure if his marriage was over. It might have made him feel like he was getting some back and that he was justified but it would have just made any reconciliation more difficult

- as others have mentioned, the wife seemed kind of shallow and dumb. All we ever hear about her is how good she looks as well. Not really sure why he's so in love with her since we dont know much about her beyond the surface. As oters have mentioned, it makes her seem like more of a trophy than a wife in his eyes. If she was a posession to him like it seemed, why did you try to make their reconciliation about love and forgiveness?

- both affairs the husband seems to transfer all his base emotions onto the guys. He get revenge on both of them while at the most feeling sad about his wife. Makes the marriage seem even more like a union between the stupid and easily led, and a guy who thinks women are second class citizens that cant be held responsible. Not really a romantic type marriage but you used romance & undying love as the reason for their reconciliation.

- dont know why he believes that she only had two affairs the whole marriage and he caught her both times. Seems a bit hard to believe in my eyes. Even if it was true, why did he believe it so easily.

- the husband didnt really seem like a guy I could like. I dont know what it is but I just keep picturing him as a pot bellied, balding, anal little accountant type on the arm of a big & beautiful airhead. Not saying everyone has to be superior physically and mentally to have a good story, just trying to put into words the unease I felt while reading about the guy. If he was supposed to come off that way, you wrote him well but, based on him attacking the church guy, I didnt think he was supposed to.

All in all it was a pretty good story and you cut a lot of the padding that was in House of Cards (still too much extraneous stuff that didnt really help the story though imo). Thanks for writing.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Well, we have a Happy Ending.

I can't say that I understand Jennie. I certainlt don't understand her going to bed with someone she had no desire to be in bed with. That makes no sense. I really felt sure Barbara would tell him that she had some father-figure fixation but the feeling of incest disgusted her. But, no. And without some form of drugs, alcohol or blackmail is just don't make sense to me, boy!

The "sentence" really isn't practical. Everyone has to have some form of a social life. I guess the limitation of female accompaniament would actully be fine but to eliminate parties, like birthdays, weddings, Graduation parties given by friends, etc, seems a bit much!

But, I enjoyed the story and we do have the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Better...

This was much better than House of Cards, a story both well written in parts and maddeningly badly written in others, thanks to plot holes big enough to drive a truck through. This generally didn't suffer from those same problems, but there were some. One similarity is that there's little sign of the loving and good side of the wife. She doesn't really seem worth taking back, except for inertia and eye candy factors. And, like the wife in the other story, one never really gets a good justification for why she cheated; she herself fails to really understand why she did what she did. That leaves the reader unsatisfied. She needed to get in touch with what exactly drove her wrong before it was smart for the husband to take her back. Why did she favor older men, for instance? We don't know. Apparently she doesn't know. What drives her to older men and how vulnerable would she be in the future? Without lessons learned, the reconciliation feels vaguely unsatisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Nothing to add to previous comments

Except my congratulations. Good story - keep writing. Although I can't understand Jennie's problem, 2 brief flings 18 years apart ain't exactly "habitual", is it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Disappointed

Lots of words and very little meat. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
No way in hell

"the best decision he made was NOT sleeping with another woman?? Only a woman writer could write this bullshit. No man in the world could resist a beautiful woman under those circumstances. Another wimp husband story with endless justification for the woman and heaps and heaps of forgiveness. Excuse me while I throw up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
WHAT THE FUCK

His whore wife is the one cheating, yet he see's a shrink a hell of alot more than his wife. The shrink always feed's him some bullshit line about you can forgive her and you can have her and be happy with her like you want. His whore wife is the one that should be seeing the shrink. No matter how much you love someone, you can't forgive them twice for cheating on you. If you do than you are the dumbest bastard to walk this earth. The thing is that this are the only two times he caught her. Who knows how many others she has fucked. She said just those two,but how can you believe or trust her. This guy is a fucking moran. If this story goes on, i am guessing he will catch her for a third time. So author is there going to be another chapter.

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
Twice in 25 years. What slut!

Yes, this woman is irredeemable and the marriage is a hollow shell.

But seriously, the wife has definite problems, but whatever has driven her to her indiscretions, it would take a pretty small-dicked guy to throw away an otherwise good marriage of that duration for something that was either gross stupidity or deep physchological trauma, rather than sexualually motivated promiscuity.

Some readers view any infidelity as a capital offense. To me the circumstances are relevent. Before throwing everything away, find out if things are fixable.

Well written story, Ohio.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Holy Smoke

Ohio, you would have apologized to the Japanese after they bombed Pearl Harbor, huh? Brad would, what a gullible poor jerk. No way in hell she went the 18 years between without cheating. Brad is probably dying of STD's (I can only hope) and where did you dream up this bullshit counseler? Barbara needs to be taken for a drag down a gravel road! Bunch of writing, not much worth reading.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 18 years ago
Great job

The folks who want Brad to kick Jeannie " out on her sorry cheating ass" just don't get it. The real question about cheating is what happens after. This is one solution, and I must say, a very plausible one. There is no way this story excuses cheating. And increasing the murder rate in St. Louis would not really make Brad's life any better. Cheating does sometimes hurt the cheater worst of all, though that is debatable in this case.

Anyway, thanks for a great story.

cloacascloacasover 18 years ago
Terrific improvement

Plot held together. The writing was consistent in tone and effect. I thought the gimmick of the fixed year was a little much. The story would have been more real without that. You're getting better at writing the woman's part.

Remember, the best part about writing a Loving Wives story is that you get such wild, sometimes off the wall comments. They're like windows into guys' obsessions.

aliaspeterjaliaspeterjover 18 years ago
Characters

Please look back at the comment on part 2 titled Therapy. I believe it's very concise and insightful.

In general I think that this story was too much about the plot and too little about the characters. Brad seems curiously removed in the first section. It seems clear that given that she couldn't stay faithful as a married woman living with her husband and their child that she wouldn't be able to stay faithful during a year long separation from her boyfriend.

in the first part why doesn't Brad, given the fact that he has seen his fiance cheating on him in spirit when she should know that he will be there that day, have doubts and fears? Unfortunately, most men are, to some degree, sexually insecure and seeing something like this should whether innocent or not set off all kinds of warning bells. Why is Brad unconcerned? Why doesn't Brad -- given that he has just graduated from the same school -- have friends that can snoop on her?

Also the strangest thing to me about the story is that Brad believes he has caught Jenny on two of the three times that she cheated. Unfortunately, it is very easy to cheat and if you have caught someone cheating twice it is probable that they have been cheating twenty or more times before that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
ambivalent

Ambivalent. When you make people feel that after a cheating story, you've done a very good job. They reconcile but something has been lost forever. They break up but you feel sorry even for the perpetrator. Ambivalent is real life and, even if there are open questions, you've made the reader believe it.

DG HearDG Hearover 18 years ago
Good Story

For some reson, readers hate to see couples get back together. I hate wimp stories, but this was not a wimp. This was a man who loved his wife, wanted to see how they could solve their problems. They were still in love with each other. He handled it pretty good unless he wanted to live the rest of his life without her. That's the problem with cheating, the results last forever for everyone involved.

You are a really good author, I like reading all your stories. Keep up the great work.

A reader doesn't always have to agree with the author and his plot. But, don't knock it because you don't like the conclusion. It was still a good read. Kudo's to you!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Liked the Story Very Much

The story had a gentle ending. Why Jennie let Atherton fuck her---still remains a mystery. Strange things happen. I'm glad that Brad isn't a Neanderthal. She was definitely wrong but it wasn't as if she was sex-starved. Affection starved? I don't know why she succumbed to such a pious low-life.

I think the story is believeable. I haven't read other's criticism yet. I would expect some to call Brad a wimp but he did dispatch the two villains & they deserved it. He was also a sensitive guy & in love with Jennie,though sad because of her stupidity. I'm still not sure why she gave in to Atherton. I repeat that because that may be the weak point of the story. It wasn't because of the thrill of doing something illicit. It wasn't pleasure motivated. How could it be vanity? Who was Atherton? How could he have been appealing? There are a couple of things in the story---his reputation among the church women at being good in bed, but she wasn't really sex-obsessed. I don't know.

Ohio, you did bring the couple back from the brink of disaster. That deserves applause. With some characters hat is not going to be possible but here you brought it off. Hope to see even more stories by you.

playingcardcompany

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good Story, But

"Negative comments" (or bitchin') does not equate "bad story" (although some are really bad, and you thought it would be good, that's why you read it; but when you get done reading, you realize how terrible it really was).

Forgiving, forgiveness, or loving someone does not always include having to repeatedly sufferring their insensitivity, brutality, violation of trust, etc.

Classically submissive women (some men too but the majority are women) who suffer abuses from their brut husband suffer most of the time quietly because telling on those physically abusive men can get you more physical abuses, including death sometimes. so they STAY, most of them, hoping against hope that their men change. most case it never happens.

Brad in this story is a loving and forgiving man; but does that mean he should be repeatedly subject to this kind of violation of trust WHICH he says he abhors? How many times does an abused woman make excuses for the husband "Oh, he's frustrated" "angry" "short tempered" "I did something bad, that's why", etc.??

How many times does someone like Brad say, "Enough is enough, however much I love you"?

It is no doubt they had had a long marriage and most of it good. Indeed, THAT is why he's willing to suffer emotionally, deeply, all these years,,,,

But the question is, "How many times" do you tolerate such cruelness, such callous disposition of someone you love, of someone who keeps saying they love you deeply but who goes out "once in a while" to cheat on you? How many times until you say, "Okay, that's enough", all the tears and "happy years" notwithstanding???

Can someone like Brad find another woman who's worthy of his devotion, who would reciprocate his honesty, trust, and love in a MUTUAL way?

But, again, a very painful and moving story.

The psychological mumbo-jumbo's mostly that. Didn't do shit; it's up to the individual how many times he or she's willing to withstand cruelty done to them, ultimately,,, Brad seems to be a bit of a masochist, from that angle.

(Now, if he didn't mind what his wife did "once in a while" when he's "out of town," along a stretch of 20-30 years, these remarks would be redundant/unnecessary; but that's not the case, is it?)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good Story but

I found this to be a good story despite not really being able to understand why Heather was making the decisions she did. She was not really interested in the sex and was quite capable of shutting a man down when he finally made the pass. Why couldn't she accept the praise and attention of the verbal seduction and pass on the sex? It was like she somehow felt she owed it to them.

Finally I would like you encourage you to ignore some of the comments that trash Brad for accepting her back. People who can see no other action than "throw her cheating ass out" do not really understand love. This is not to say that re-conciliation is always the right course, especially after the second time. But if you can't even consider forgiving someone you don't really love them.

K.K.K.K.over 18 years ago
Brad's solution was ill conceived

Like most of the readers who have commented here I thought this was a well writen and interesting story at least up until Brad came up with his solution. Jennie had an overwhelming need to be flattered and flirted with by men. Her failures in the marriage were caused by her need to feel desired and all it took was an older man with a lot of experience at seducing women.

Why did she only cheat twice during the period of the marriage covered in this story? I would have to think that some event suddenly triggers her need to be reassured that she is desireable. This nneed is so strong that she doen's think about the consequences of her actions.

The idea that by forcing her to stay away from men, basically avoiding situations where a man may try to seduce her, for a year would be proof that she would never go astray again is preposterous. The very act of keeping her from the men that feed her ego would create a need in her that could very likely end in another affair.

Jennie didn't need a test to prove herself, she needed psychiatric help to overcome her problem. She was a beautiful woman with low selfesteem. This story needs another chapter to tell us how Brad handles Jennie's next affair. It is sure to happen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
GREAT!!!

I loved the way you had two people who loved each other so much work through their weaknesses and faults...and let them stay together...WONDERFUL!!! And you did it without making him into a cuckold which is even better!!!! THANKS SO MUCH for letting love and forgiveness win out.

fregenfregenover 18 years ago
Why?

Jennie remains an enigma. Why does she do it? And why does Jack think that after 8 months of abstinence she is cured? After all she went 18 years between infidelities. Or did she? Is it possible that the only 2 times she cheats he is there to catch her? Rather serendipitous. And did she cheat during her senior year as he suspected?

Jennie need the counselling time more than Jack. Did she ever get it? I have a feeling as her beauty fades with age she will have to work harder to get the attention she seems to need. And be willing to put up the the sex she doesn't enjoy to get it.

But all in all a tighter story than House of Cards. Please keep writing Ohio.

rpsuchrpsuchover 18 years ago
Here's my problem

All in all it was very good. But I think the 8-month year was irrelevant. What it all came down to is this: "but the only happy future I can imagine is one with Jennie in it." It doesn't matter what she feels about what she's done. It doesn't matter what she's done. It doesn't matter how many times she will do it again. He must have her in his future no matter how she mistreats him. And she knows it. Because he has shown her that he will stay with her. Not wanting to hurt him wasn't enough to stop her. She knew the mistake before she made it, so why won't she do it again? She would prefer not to hurt him, other things being equal, but if she has a need for approval, all bets are off.

She's flawed but so is he. He's a doormat because (with the help of the therapist) he can see no alternative to putting up with it. Why doesn't she explain that a man of that age can find someone to have a life with, someone who may not betray him? Why can't he figure that out himself?

Hey, she had a reason: she was 47. But I can guarantee that at each subsequent birthday, that number will get higher. If she gets something out of it and not hurting him is not a sufficient incentive to refrain and he proves to her that she can do it without losing him, what is there to constrain her from doing it again? You may say that now she understands. But she understood 18 years ago. Even with that time gap, assuming this is the 1st occurrence, repeating a mistake is a clear indication that you don't get it. Maybe that's what really happened here. Both of them are deluded that they have addressed the problem and put it behind them.

MinigalesMinigalesover 18 years ago
About the Happy Ending

Most people have a simplistic definition of a happy ending. Getting back together only to get a new heartache in a couple of years (as I think is most likely) is hardly what I would call a happy ending. As a matter of fact, I would not call a situation I would not like myself to end up with a happy ending. A happy ending, as I see it, implies a happy life for ever and ever not for a year or two. It is based on mutual trust, respect, love, caring and lust. Efforts were not made to address the root of the problem and get rid of it.

Saying that, I note that I forgot to mention in my previous comment that it is only going to get tougher and tougher in the future. Now as she gets older the number of men interested in her and that would flirt with her is going to diminish. What is she going to do? Kill herself, go into depression, start bitching, do whatever it takes including whoring herself out to get that attention, or what? Brad does not seem to care. He practically thinks even if he makes it look like a joke that a 100-year old guy would flirt with her. Why would not that old fart flirt with a 40-year old woman or a 30-year old one since it is only harmless flirting since he cannot get it up anyway?

If you still think it is a happy ending, you and I definitely have conflicting definitions of happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A Tragedy - Not Her - HIM

Well written - deep - unsettling - coldly emotional - but unsatisfing to say the least. She has now twice received positive reinforcement for her repeated cuckolding of him. If he loved her - He owed her more then heres another drink!

His is the fatal and flawed addiction - would you try to help a drunk by taking them home for a drink! He hasn't brought home any reality to her or himself as he is very weak and discredits himself in his own mind.

Author, if it was your intention to show two very weak flawed disrespectful dishonorable incompetents who deserve each other then your mission was successful.

A well written story may not be entertaining if the feelings generated are negative in all concluded aspects - Dooomed is not good is it!

I know the near perfect story is in you if you would please try to understand that long or repeated offenses are pretty much insurmountable for sane reasonable people.

Thanks for your talent, time and theme - don't go away mad - you are very talented and it is truly your choice to write it whichever way you wish - one of your customers hopes you will consider the above. with high Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
BRAD...HERE'S YOUR SURPRISE!!!

First off…Thank you for not harping or emphasising on the psycho babble bullshit. Also, I like the way Jennie’s sexuality changed during the eight months…she actually looked forward to fucking and …bought a dildo to match the “dildo” she married.

Secondly, I wish you would attempt a “cheating” husband story and attempt a reconciliation…without revenge by the wife…...WON'T FLY..JUST LIKE THIS STORY..

Overall the story was ok but Brad comes across like a “Jimmy Stewart” type guy who appears to “not” have found his “apple pie” type gal. He loves his family, his country, his wife and his daughter in typical “Norman Rockwell” type fashion. So what went wrong….JENNIE..that’s what..…Jimmy…I mean Brad… takes her back after putting such horrendous difficult conditions on her….Fuck…she was faithful for 18 years… what is another year…heck…Jennie could do that holding her breath….OOOOOH, Brad was real tough on her…he should have gotten even with her by fucking Terri on the Chicago trip, by fucking Diana on the Skiing trip…by fucking Katie during the eight month separation…but nooo…gee shucks good old Brad, like a puppy dog pined for his Jennie….awww….

By the way, a good sub plot would be Brad fucking his daughter Diana. Of course that would be set up by his daughter…you see…Diana inherited a predilection for screwing older men…especially her Dad…whom she seduced over the Holidays…you know that shit about the “sins of the mother [father] being passed on the next generation..…good twist in the tale though, no.

Also, the time frame has their daughter crossing over the same time frame that Brad and Jennie first met…yet we do not know anything about Diana’s life other than school. Unusual isn’t it. How was her social life esp with all the guys coming over who wanted a piece of her mother…mmmm.

Now for my twist on the tale:

Facts:

A] Jennie's lovers after she met Brad: [1]prior to marriage ..English professor Atherton,Jamie...not consumated????? [2] after some years of marriage….. Banker...Anderson, Marlon...consummated [3] 18 years later..President of Church Congregation..Atherton, George….

B] Jennie was caught twice committing adultery.

C] All lovers last names start with “A”, in fact two are named identical …Atherton…coincidence??? Let’s see.

Barbara’s private office after the last affair

Barbara: so Jennie, Brad caught you again.

Jennie: yea, bad luck…every time I start with “A”, Brad catches me. I don’t know what it is. You would think that I would learn by now. But I think he’ll forgive me again…I mean ..he forgave me twice already…he’ll forgive me a third time. I have him so hooked on me that he doesn’t know what a slut I really am…what a country boy...my crocodile tears really get to him.

B: well during our last official session with you both 18 years ago, Brad thought that the first time he caught you cheating was with the banker. But it wasn’t, was it…You cheated with the English Professor but because he thought he stopped you in time, he never knew you actually cheated afterwards. Right! [Jennie nods her head]. I was further shocked when you privately disclosed to me about this aberration of yours…that you love fucking older men but only in “Alphabetical” last name order…that you get great enjoyment in doing that…a personal kick and game you might say. I find that simply amazing and that you’ve hidden it so well except for these two mishaps…you have such a strong libido…I am impressed. Also, when I researched your particular aberration and found that we have no such findings on record, I knew I would need further input from you. I really appreciated that you have privately seen me during these past 18 years in order to assist me to writing my discussion papers on this particular disease…I mean aberration. You know, I have received numerous merit awards on this matter…

J: That’s good….well, a deal is a deal…you said you would help me get Brad back if I gave you all the raw data about my lovers for your discussion papers. Just as long as Brad doesn’t find out, I’ll keep assisting you as the Jane Doe in your articles.

B: so let’s recap…the English professor..Jamie Atherton was your first lover and then it took you…let’s see….you got married two years later, and 7 years later you got caught with the banker. So it took you 9 years to have 26 lovers in alphabetical last name order. Any comments on this.

J: Well, I was averaging 4 lovers a year, but took a year off to have Diana and because of breast feeding and reduced real estate work in order to stay home with the baby, it trailed off towards the end. But I don’t know what I was thinking with the banker…because all my previous lovers were through my connections as a student and as a real estate agent. It was amazing how easy it was to search out real estate listings by ownership and in alphabetical order. And you know most closings take three months, so I would pick out a nice married homeowner with the right last name and have an affair with him in his own home over that period. The flip side was also in showing prospective homeowners, usually married couples, these same homes. Amazing the number of times, only the husband and I would go back for a second viewing to supposedly examine the structure especially in the bedrooms. It was easy, discrete and because they were married, it was easy to break off especially after they moved into their new home or after their home was sold…plus I also got a fat commission. So when I was starting the alphabet over again, that banker Marlon Anderson came sniffing and I thought, heck..he sends me business why not start my next “Alpha journey” with him…and dam… I get caught…I should have used more common sense. I really appreciated how you assisted in helping me get Brad back.

B: No problem…so after that gruelling 18 months…you and Brad reconciled and off you went again…but why did it take you so long…what was it 18 years for your next 25 lovers after the banker.

J: Caution…pure and simple…I needed to get Brad’s trust again, so I was averaging a lover 1-2 per year…plus I was getting older and so were my lovers…there were less older home sellers and I concentrated more on the condo market…but I maintained longer relationship with the good ones…who were either widowers or whose spouse was incapacitated and thrived for the companionship of a great looking beauty like me. But stupid me fucks up again by screwing in my home…boy that was dumb…but thank god my hesitation and awkwardness of fucking in my own home made it seem to Brad that I was not enjoying myself. Yea that George was a piece of shit…so much for the ladies at the church bragging about him…he was a terrible lover…never trust what you hear.

B: So where do we go from here…you’re busted again…but I understand Brad has given you conditions. And what have you learned from all this?

J: No kidding…Brad’s condition of not seeing or socializing with any men for a year is a cakewalk. I have these great toys that I’ll start using at home alone. Also I’ll have to check if my visits prospective home owners contravenes his condition…but I have to be very careful…once I have his trust again …I’ll be on the hunt. You know all this started when Brad told me way back when we were separated during the summer to behave as if he was in the room….and I have ever since…when I’m fucking one of my many lovers…I feel Brad is in the room watching me…and I get me horny all over again…I don’t know why. And what have I learned…..well next time I get to “Z” instead of starting over at “A”, I’m going backwards to “A”…those last few times I was unlucky.. and I don’t want to get caught again.

"nuff said

Andy

Kanga40Kanga40over 18 years ago
How many of the knockers actually read the story?

Firstly, after serious misgivings at the start that this story, as others commented, that it was was just another standard cheating story, I truly loved it.

Those knocking the 'solution' such as (but not only) RPsuch, and the illustrious KK who said:

"The idea that by forcing her to stay away from men, basically avoiding situations where a man may try to seduce her, for a year would be proof that she would never go astray again is preposterous."?

Well sorry KK, your interpretation of the reasons for the 'isolation' is supremely preposterous! Seduction had nothing to do with it.

The author told us, "I know how much the attention and admiration of men means to you. It's certainly what got you into trouble with Anderson, and it seems with Atherton as well. So I'm asking you to live without that admiration for a whole year."

When you and RP write a story you expect us to believe what you, the author tell us, so why not in this story? In stories like Superman we are happy enough to believe in super powers, for the sake of the story, so why can't we believe this author?

Jennie's problem was the need for the admiration (in this story), so Brad's theory, obviously supported by the therapist was to have Jennie live without that admiration for a year - not to show Brad or the therapist anything, but to demonstrate to JENNIE that she could function and live without the attention she thought she needed from men in general. If she succeeded then she would have an extremely good chance of staying faithful in the future.

For the purpose of this story the whole thing is plausible and well developed, even if some people had their minds so closed they didn't bother reading what the author wrote.

Excellent work Ohio, I am waiting for some more from you soon!

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
Kanga got it right

IMHO, Kanga is correct. It may be appropriate for the wife to get counciling. Whatever is at the root of her urge towards infidelity, it isn't sexual. I originally thought that it was probably a "Daddy" issue, perhaps childhood abuse, or at least a strong desire to please Daddy. I still think it is a possiblity, but the author didn't explore that avenue, and after all, it's his story.

In any event, I just think the wife is redeemable, I think the marriage is still salvagable.

The wife has paid for her indescretion with 8 months of seperation and abstinence. He didn't give her a free pass by any means.

Hopefully she will be able to control her urge to please these distinguished older gentlemen in the future. Or maybe her husband will turn in to a distinguished older gentleman and she'll want to please him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Of all the stories I've ever read on this site,

Personally, I would rate this amongst the most mature, realistic looks at a loving relationship that I've seen so far. I thought it great you didn't turn the husband into a 'wimp' of sorts, granting his wife the free reign to have sex with who she wished, I loved how you displayed her problem as far more than sexual, moreso emotional like many sex addicts. The main thing I appreciated in this, was not that she had cheated, but exploring the underlying reasons why and what they could do to move past it and learn. I don't find the 8 month year irrelevant, I find it highly pro-active on Brads part to ensure she doesn't cheat so that she wants him back. However, at the same time, I had a problem with him being allowed to date, essentially 'cuckolding' her at the same time. Rightfully had he slept with another woman, she could've claimed he had done the same thing she'd done and leave him completely. That's about the only area I'd care to fault. Other than that, a severely compelling read. Erotic in places but not for the descriptions of whats happening but because it truly felt like they were making love, gripping situations and fantastic characters. I look forward to more of your stuff.

I understand this has come up as anonymous, I'll register later, for now, call me 'Smurf.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
HEY HE'S RIGHT

I read "Brad's Here's your surprise" listed below though humourous, if not plausible, but he is right.

I reread the story and Jennie's lovers last names all started with "A" and the english prof and her last one were both named Atherton...talk about coincidences.

K.K.K.K.over 18 years ago
Kanga Missed My Point

My point wasn't that Jennie's problem was caused by men trying to seduce her. She seemmed to need men's admiration, and for them to give her the attention she craved. Separating her from receiving this durg she craves for a year would not be any indication that she wouldn't still have the same needs afterward. In fact her need could be even greater after her her test period. Jennie's problem required professionl help. Not some lame idea the husband came up with.

Without getting to the underlying cause of Jennie's behavior she will fail again. Bard decided that Jennie's problem was that she needed this adoration from men and his idea to fix that problem was to proposed that she avoid any situations where men might feed her addiction for a year. Is Brad a psychiatrist? Is he qualified to diagnose Jennie's problem and prescribe a treatment? I think not. The point I had been trying to make is just that jennie needed professional help and that Brad's cure would not work.

rpsuchrpsuchover 18 years ago
Kanga, Smurf, Bullet, you got me wrong

Kange: My point was that nothing else mattered if he couldn't see a life without her. No behavior and no cure were relevant because he was going to stay with her no matter what she did.

Bullet: she paid with 8 months of abstinence and separation. But he also paid the same 8 months of abstinence and separation. It's not much of a consequence when the victim has to do as much time as the perp.

Smurf: He was proactive in coming up with an idea, I just don't think it's a useful plan. Even disregarding the fact that he's going to take her back no matter what she does, she already learned 18 years ago through intensive therapy what drove her behavior and how she allowed herself to do something she regretted. She also knew how much it hurt the man she loves more than anything and wants to stay with the rest of her life. She did it again anyway. If my doctor told me I had to lose 20 pounds or I'd have a heart attack, I could give up Doritos for 8 months to lose it. That doesn't mean I won't want them after I lose the 20 pounds. I think she could do the time but that doesn't cure her of the need, so it's ineffective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Again I like your writing... But

From the comments of others your story had many people thinking. I like your writing, but found your first story better due to more development of the characters. I did not get much from Jennie other than she was beautiful. Brad's interaction with her didn't say much. In any case please keep up the writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Enjoyed it

Just a few comments:

1) I, for one, appreciated that Brad did not take the opportunity to have sex during their 8-month separation. One of my problems with "House of Cards" was the fling the husband had however justified and accidental. That husband's case would have been much more "righteous" had he not had the extramarital activity. Likewise, here Brad rises to the occasion and his character provides strength to his cause.

2) Not forgetting the 8-month separation, there are no real consequences for Jennie. She has cheated on Brad twice, that he knows about. But she has suffered no long term consequences. If he has any self-respect he has to let her know, in no uncertain terms, that there will not be a third forgiveness. She has tested his limits and they have now been met. "Three strikes and you're out!"

3) She may need male affirmation, but that's what her husband is for. From what we read, he was not in any way neglectful in this area.

I would love to see a followup. I can see it going either of two ways. Either she straightens up and they "live happily ever after", or she gets caught again and the marriage is over. Oh, and if that is the case the daughter should learn what an unfaithful wife her mother has been.

Keep up the great work. I look forward to reading your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Strange well written story

I admire the writing of this story , but I have to admit it's one of the stranger plots I've ever read.Jennie has sex she doesn't enjoy with a pompous ass she despises after 18 years of faithfulness Because pompous flatters her? To recover from his heartbreak, Brad takes his beautiful office manager with him on the idyllic weekend in Chicago he had planned for he and his wife.Apparently that's OK because they didn't have sex, just a weekend of wonderful social life. Then Brad puts Jennie on probation for a year --no men flattering her--and no sex to thank them for the flattery.Well written, but strange. After 18 years of faithfulness, what one more year is going to prove is beyond me. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Again...

There is something that doesn't fit. Jennie cheated twice, and Brad found out in both cases. Hard to accept as reasonable.She must did if more, and this would chamge things...

But, for me, what is more interesting, is the fact that in both of your stories, this and House of Cards, the husbands behaved in the same way: Despite of what happened, they accepted everything, and took the wife back. I get the impression that your underlaying message is that this is the way live should be... Respect, dignity, trust, etc , don't matter. Love makes everything allright. This is probable only true in a woman's mind that is looking for some sort of release of her on acts, her guilt. Are you a woman?

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
good story

nice story cheating twice I know Brad loved her . But I don't think I could be so forgiving. Anyway well written and a very nice story

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
good greif, did any of you

read this story from beginning to end. the author laid out the whole story in the very beginning. the psychology of all the characters involved was developed in the very beginning. jennie was a very beautiful young lady. dumped by stephen, her older, charming, sophisticated, gentle, considerate, and very knowledgeable lover. her only power and confidence in life came from her beauty. it was her invincible armor. stephen put a crack in that armor. brad took advantage of it by not drooling all over her like his competitors. take a strong look at brad. he didn't win her with his positive attributes. he won her by ignoring her, which she couldn't stand, and by working on that weakness. take a strong look at the two affairs. just substitutes for stephen. she was still trying to fill that crack in her armor. everyone in this story is weak and shallow, but then again, so are many people in real life. remember in the beginning of the story, jennie was the prize, everyone wanted her. so in the long run, can we blame brad. he won the trophy prize even if he probably didn't really qualify. how hard it would be in real life to give her up. the astronomical odds of being able to replace her, expecially after all those years. so much time invested and so much phsical change in everyone. to the author, you have very good insight into life and people, really enjoy your stories, keep them coming.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
good greif, did any of you

read this story from beginning to end. the author laid out the whole story in the very beginning. the psychology of all the characters involved was developed in the very beginning. jennie was a very beautiful young lady. dumped by stephen, her older, charming, sophisticated, gentle, considerate, and very knowledgeable lover. her only power and confidence in life came from her beauty. it was her invincible armor. stephen put a crack in that armor. brad took advantage of it by not drooling all over her like his competitors. take a strong look at brad. he didn't win her with his positive attributes. he won her by ignoring her, which she couldn't stand, and by working on that weakness. take a strong look at the two affairs. just substitutes for stephen. she was still trying to fill that crack in her armor. everyone in this story is weak and shallow, but then again, so are many people in real life. remember in the beginning of the story, jennie was the prize, everyone wanted her. so in the long run, can we blame brad. he won the trophy prize even if he probably didn't really qualify. how hard it would be in real life to give her up. the astronomical odds of being able to replace her, expecially after all those years. so much time invested and so much phsical change in everyone. to the author, you have very good insight into life and people, really enjoy your stories, keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
very well written, not very credible.

all those years together and she was only unfathful twice?

and he just happaned to be there both times?

she didn't enjoy the sex, had a college education but never learned the word no? was this something she did to repay the men for thier complements?

one of the most beautiful woman around and she had sex with only two, not very attractive men, with very little effort on thier parts,just some nice words? really!

however it was well presented, a bit long perhaps.

good luck on your next attempt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
doesnt ring true

if it was attention not sex that she wanted then what was the purpose of the dildo for 8 months. to me that screams that sex was a lot bigger part of what she needed than she admitted to the therapist.

techsantechsanover 18 years ago
Strange how people react...

...both readers and the characters in the story, which was exceptional well-written. Comments from readers run the complete gamut of reactions. I personally think the ones that take the "shoot the perp and kick the bitch out the door" approach have never really truly been in love. If you've really been in love, you don't end it in a moment without thinking through all the consequences and possibilities when one partner makes a mistake (and sometimes even two). Yes, revenge seems like a great idea but will it really change anything? I think Brad did the intelligent thing, coming up with a solution he could live with while still not cheating on his wife. I DO think that Jennie was an unusually shallow person and yet even such a person can be unbelievably hurt by his/her own actions.

A very sad story but with, in my opinion, the very best possible ending.

shangoshangoover 18 years ago
This ending didn't do it for me

He only CAUGHT her cheating twice. He likes it from where I sit . And since I hate cuckold (or "cuckqueen") stories, in my humble opinion, the ending was bad and evil, once again triumphed. Techsan, you have some nerve generalizing about people you don't know. I've read some of your stuff, and I see why you think it's "Love" to be abused. I hope you don't work with battered spouse. Emotional abuse is at least as bad as physical.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 18 years ago
Still a great story

I still think this is one of the better stories ever posted on literotica.

The characters seem true and are believable, yet they surprise the reader and give us food for thought, as well as sex.

Good job! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very enjoyable story

Even though I agree with some of the previous posters who question the odds of her only screwing around on him twice and him being there to catch her both times, I really liked the story. In my opinion, knowing that her big need or turn on wasn't the sex but the heavy flirting, she had "cheated" on him three times that he caught her and, most likely, countless other times that he didn't catch her. The end result of two occurances of her cheating just happened to end up with her fucking the other man. Also, the reasoning of her fucking the last man was a little more shallow than the bank officer, that part of the story didn't seem to be developed quite as much as the rest of the story.

What I really don't understand though is all those posters who just bitch about the loving wives topics and how they are the worst stories ever written. If you do not like these stories, then why do you read them? And, unless you have something insightful to add besides "Cuckold stories suck, You are a limp dicked so and so, etc.", please quit posting your comments to these stories. I find it boring to read them.

shangoshangoover 18 years ago
Ohio, you don't have even one friend

who is a man? You seem to have no idea how most men would react in the situations you construct. The only stories where you gave the male lead balls/a spine and a brain was the letter A, and you made him a sadistic bastard. While this isn't written in stone, it holds true for me and most of my male friends.Usually, Men Identify with the male lead. Not in your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Suckered by her beauty!

I wonder if hubby would have been as motivated towards forgiveness, had Jenny been just "pretty" and not the most beautiful women in the world. I expect our hero would have dumped a semi-fridgid cheating wife of average beauty, especialy after the second time.

PArebelPArebelover 18 years ago
Good, But

I really enjoyed the story, BUT.....

There are not only no consequences for her for her past indiscretions, she isn't warned of any consequences for future indiscretions. What happens when it isn't another 18-years? Or when he finds out these two events are not the only affairs she has had.

I would love to see a follow-up. I can foresee them a few years down the road when she hits 50 or 55 and again questions whether she is still attractive taking someone else to bed. If so I hope the husband catches her again and throws her cheating butt out the door.

Better to be lonely than with this witch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very good story!

I thought this was an exceptional effort. I thought the story was great, the writing superb, and I was surprised that I was glad he forgave her (plus the present was a really cool idea). I think the only way you could convince me that the same woman cheating on you a 2nd time deserved a break, was the way you set it up. Especially that he could see her regret it even while doing it. He was smart and made her jump through hoops while keeping her watched to be sure she didn't make any wrong moves. At their age, a divorce would be devastating for both, and I could see him desperately wanting to hold on. It's not perfect, but who is?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
another bad wimpy cuckold husband story

sorry to say..the plot doesnt go anywhere...the husband isnt a man at all.what kind of man forgives a wife who is fucking around on him? and then tops it off by doing it again,,,sorry it doesnt wash...story sucks big time..but if you like wimpy cuckold stories..this ones for you

saw_man1saw_man1about 18 years ago
A great character study

What a great peek into the mind of a very flawed character.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Pathetic

It looked like this story could head in the right directions. A man tries to fight for his marriage but in the end shows himself to be another damn pussy husband willing to let anyone bone his wife and forgive her for her moments of weakness that recurr whenever someone smiles at her right and shes feeling in the right mood. Pathetic. Good writing, piss poor story.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
Yet ANOTHER recocile at all costs story

FOLKS

OHIO is and always have been a great writer but he is the KING of wimps and the president of the RECONCILIATION AT ALL COST TRAIN company ... which is probably located in Cleveland OH .

First cheating twice in 25 years may not seem all that bad by itself but in saying so one is assuming that BOTH times Hubby caught the wife. Clearly we all know that the wife in this story is a NUT case... or at least has serious psychological issues . So given that -- and OHIO did do a wonderful job is showing that--- the odds that the wife ONLY stepped out twice in 25 years and BOTH times he caught her... are astronomically small!!!

But the amazing similarity between this story and HOUSE OF CARDS is striking and shows the author really does not know the 1st thing about married men .

In THE HOUSE OF CARDS story... the wife had a an 8 month affair .... which includes fucking the other guy on their anniversary.... (my god) ...the wife telling the other guy her husbands pet sexual / intimate nickname... all the while the wife proclaiming to her lover "my husband is first"... then when hubby gets suspicious and starts asking questions she STILL continues to see the other guy....

In that story OHIO gets around these huge road blocks by having the Hubby developing a mythical affair which is done simply to throw shit on the hubby which makes the reconciliation more acceptable and a easier sell to readers.

This time around the affair that hubby KNOWS about.... are 25 years apart... but her second affair is far more shocking and more offensive an act since supposedly the "issues" that caused triggered the affair were "realized' and talked about 18 years earlier. There could be no claim of ignorance on her part that could hold water. Thus her second betrayal is a a conscious decision to be wanted outside of the marriage

Just like there are so many out of those " kill the whore wife crowd" out there ... clearly OHIO is in the other extreme... an author that loves super wimp hubbys that cant live without the wife ... part of " I cant throw 15 years away" crowd .... when in this story and in HOUSE OF CARDS ... the wives threw away the marriage months or weeks before

while the hubby is NOT a wimp in the sense that he wants to watch his wife fuck other guys .... his position as RPSUCH stated so perfectly is " the only happy future I can imagine is one with Jennie in it."...

and she knows it .... so his position is let her fuck whoever... this time around she knew what she was doing .... there wasnt a unknown psychological issue here...

Thus the only way for OHIO to get around this is impossible solution that he made is to come with smoke and mirrors.. This is exactly what he did in HOUSE OF CARDS with the fake then later real affair by the hubby.... rather than deal with the key issue in that story ... which was if the wife really believed that Hubby was #1 in her life why did still still keep the affair going when he started asking questions?

IF that has been the main point of focus in HOUSE OF CARDS instead of the fake affair then there could be NO reconciliation.

In this story the smoke and mirrors is the 1 year trial separation. If at the age of 47 a woman cannot still live without numerous reminders about how good she looks on a daily or hourly bases.... well who the fuck wants to be married to that?

This line by the wife would be a killer for me ... talk about pathetic and a HUGE RED FLAG....

"And you need to know: I am scared, scared to death. I don't know what it will feel like without men around to flirt with, to tell me I'm lovely, to let me see that they desire me."

Moreover ....and this point is a killer ....why does the hubby have to suffer through 9 month of no sex like she does? Hasnt he already suffered enough ? Hasnt he proved himself time and time again?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great Story

I think this was a well written, well laid out story. The way you wrote it made it very believable. It's easy to say throw the bitch out, but to really look at oneself and put aside ones ego, that is very difficult but also very rewarding. Bravo for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Weak

The only person on this earth weaker than Brad is Ohio! Turn the other cheek and get hit in the other side of the head. If you had been president in the early 1940's, the entire world would be speaking German now, what a pussy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
what a wimp

Beside the story being too long to arrive at a satisfactory conclusion, hubby gives in at every traumatic event like, wifey is sleeping with her boyfriends. But hubby is not slow in dishing out physical harm with his fist on the first ,why did he wait until the second boyfriend got to his own home to exact revenge? Many hours later?

I knew american husbands are not all wimps, but this tale of continously forgiving the wife is too prevalent for my liking.

And why turn up a chance to release his frustrations on Kate? For God's sake, he'd been without for 6 months! Come on, you're got to be joking that he was able to turn down a roll in the hay! Overall, a disappointing story about a situation that should have been fixed decisively with a few choice words like, "get the hell out of my house, you whore! Divorce papers will be served on you in due course"

SpykkeSpykkeover 17 years ago
Good on you Ohio...

keep winding up those misogynists who comment under an anonymous handle.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
An excellent exploration

Above average writing, detailed plot (though not terribly complicated) and nicely done characters. Just what we've come to expect from ohio.

I often don't comment immediately on complex stories like this one since my first read-through sometimes misses important nuances in the telling. After a third reading, I'll add a few thoughts to the commentary.

First, I have to chuckle at Harry's vitriolic branding of ohio as the "king of wimps". You see, Harry is the Founding Father of "Kick the Cheating Cunt to the Curb Club" whose motto is "Always cheat if you can because cheaters always cheat." Harry hates reconciliation stories and will comment negatively when he reads one. It's okay by me, Harry's entitled to his opinion. I just don't happen to share it since I have to live in the real world.

Now, as to the story, I'm forced to agree that Brad's "test" at the end of the tale is of little value actually. It won't make Jennie's desire to be flattered and admired go away and I can't see how it will short-stop a future admirer from bedding her again if the circumstances are right. What Jennie needs is to grow up because she's vain and childish. She lies to herself about what it is that she wants and, because she denies the truth about herself, she can't deal with her feelings and emotions. She acts against her own self-interest in ways that are ultimately destructive to herself, her husband and her daughter.

Brad's motivations in seeking reconcilation are murky to me. The first affair didn't bother me so much as I could see and accept how it might happen. With professional help, the couple worked through their problems and eventually rebuilt their marriage.

The second bite of the apple bothered me. A lot. Because it highlights a very fundamental problem in the marriage: the partners don't communicate very well. Jennie's insecure and because of that evidently isn't comfortable telling Brad that she's feeling her age, the loss of her beauty and her attractiveness, things that she's depended on her entire life. Brad be-bops along, oblivious to what's happening, until the dirty deed is done when some uncomplicated dialog with his wife might've prevented the second affair. At its core, their marriage is flawed and I'm not surprised that adultery takes place.

The author more or less glossed over their communication problems. Perhaps he did it on purpose, to show that Brad and Jennie were, as some have suggested, fundamentally unsuited as life partners. Or possibly, ohio wanted to say that even flawed individuals can have a workable marriage, I don't know. Given the way that the story ended, I have to believe that in a few years, Jennie will succumb again to temptation because the same wants and desires that caused the two previous affairs remain.

That said, I beg to differ with those who called this reconcilation a happy ending. It's not. The happy ending would be Jennie, realizing that she was about to make the same mistake with George that she made years ago, refused him, telling him bluntly that she loved her husband too much to cheat on him. It's not in her character so ohio didn't write it that way (nor should he).

Excellent fiction this is. This 100's for you, ohio, for a story well-told.

civalsavagecivalsavageover 17 years ago
Very well written

i liked it alot. his desire to reconcile surprised me throughout the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
realty check

well written but the husband is a wimp. what he needs is a set of balls. have some confidence on who he is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
premises don't add up

dear dr and ohio, before brad jeanne had dated tons of guys and not worried at all about dissapointing them. why later did she feel obligated to screw them? she didn't, as previosly hypothesised, have to put out for positive strokes.rc

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
This reconcilation was a sad event!

In many ways this story was worse than "House of Cards." Let me say first that your writing skills is one of the best on this site. But it is plot and characters which make a good story.

First, Barbara (the therapist) totally misread Jennie's problem. It was not the lack of affection from men that made her vulnerable to sexual advances but the type of men who caused her to stray was the problem. Her first lover, Stephen, who was older and a smooth operator "imprinted" her when she fell in love with him. Note than her other lovers were versions of Stephen. Please forgive the psychobabble but that is the only rationale which makes sense why she would throw away her marriage when she cheated the second time. After all, 18 years ago she had received 18 months of therapy to get her to understand how she failed the first time.

As in the "House of Cards," we have a husband Brad who can not live without his lying cheating wife. What that means is that he will eventually accept whatever Jennie does so it is no wonder he is sad when he caught her the second time. Jennie had at least a weak excuse for cheating the first time - Brad was too busy to give her the attention she craved. But the second time she got caught cheated made no sense. Could it be that as a real estate salewoman she had plenty of opportunity but she just got caught that time?

I could see the first reconcilation where Brad forgives Jennie and they moved on with their lives. Forgiveness is not defined by how many times you accept the failure of a person to be true to their committment. Jennie said all of the right words but love is an action verb. She did not love him with her actions.

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Brad and Jennie! . . . I know this couple!

Very well written story. Real people in the world have the same problems that these characters have. Ohio creates some of these characters very well. But the funniest thing of all is that I know this Brad guy! They have the same great life and nice family. Success in every aspect except for the beautiful wife! If I were this Brad, I would genuinely consider blowing my own brains out. She is breathtakenly beautiful. So much so that they naturally have a large portrait of her over their mantle at home. He is utterly devoted to her and she has been caught cheating more than once and with a famous football quarterback who I will not bother to name. It so sucks to love and be married to her because she is fundamentally flawed. She hasn't the character to dump him nor to be faithful to him. Sucks Sucks Sucks. But hey, that is in the real world. That's the way life is sometimes. Well, keep up the good work Ohio, you are a very good writer. irchristo@aol.com

daluentdaluentabout 17 years ago
I love my wife

But if my wife acted like this stupid bitch I'd blow my brains out or hers. This marriage is so over unless he's really full of shit. My concern is his mind is stupidly floating in a state of fractured love. When we say pussy whipped we mean this asshole in this story. The biggest pussy whipped motherfucker I have ever seen. Ohio you write pretty good, but your men are fucking faggots. Try putting balls on them.Thank You for a good read . Luis

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
The Counselor Is Off Her Rocker

I really enjoyed the story, but I have real problems with the counselor's comment regarding how often the wife had brushed off advances. As I recall she basically says, "focus on all the times she rebufffed advances and forget about the time(s) she cheated on you."

By that logic the police should think about all of the times a thief went into a store and could have stolen but didn't and consequently excuse them when they do steal. What a crock.

PaRebel

So she went a long time between episodes of cheating. SO WHAT. She has had three bites at the apple. She knows what damage her cheating did before. If not for the pain of the infidelity, he should divorce for insensitivity or stupidity or both.

I am one who really loves forgiveness and reconciliation, and we got that once. The 9-months without male contact is not a significant consequence. How can he trust her now. The answer is, "He can't". If his trust had been rebuilt he now knows that he will never be able to trust her completely again. She went 18-years this time. So if she goes 17-years again he still can't trust that she won't cheat the next day.

I'd say that she needs counseling, but she got it last time. This is a conscious joice. There need to be real consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Sad story... but uplifting also.

The writing was great, as always with ohio. The plot was nicely complicated and as believable as anything else on the site.

Regards, Jack

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
disappointing

i have spent the evening reading through a couple of your stories before starting on this trilogy, and i was delighted your main character was a bloke who reacted like bloke, at least to a certain extent.

but now this hero just accepts that his wife needs attention, and it might be in part his fault.

fucking hell, she's a slut, who just because the husband has been slightly busy goes off and slips with someone else, before even trying to confront the husband.

on an other note, the story is brilliantly told, i really think you should sell your work(if you dont already), compaired to some of the crap that is sold nowadays you are a master.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
We always need a slut at home.

After all who would entertain our friends and neighbors if she was a faithful, loyal, loving wife?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
it was ok

she is going to be the death of him someday from a stroke or heart attack . she is such a weak willed individual, she is going to cheat again and he wont survive the next time it happens. he seemed like a smart fellow but he is letting his heart make too many of his decisions for him instead of his brain.

JennyBearJennyBearalmost 17 years ago
Loved It

A very touching well crafted story, I am adding it to my favorites and will read it again real soon. Thanks for submitting.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 17 years ago
author cant follow his own story!! wife cheated 2X

the idea of having the wife NOT see not talk to anyome for a year ro get over her "addiction" for male attention is a nice twist... I was intrigued by that.

<br></br>

But didnt the wife already KNOW that for last 18 years they have been married hat such attention was wrong? Did the wife JUST find out fucking other men and suggestive flirting is wrong?

<br></br>

Third... this part is just lauhable.

<br></br>

I snorted. "But if I can't trust her? And how can I trust her now, after this? The second time, after all our hard work...."

<br></br>

"Brad—in the past eighteen years, how many men do you suppose have expressed their interest in Jennie?"

<br></br>

I gaped at her. "Hundreds, for sure."

<br></br>

"And how many of those has she gone to bed with?"

<br></br>

I saw where she was going. "Just one. I guess ... how can I even be sure of that any more?

<br></br>

Barbara said, "let's ASSUME for now it's just the one. Doesn't that suggest that Jennie has been trying to be faithful to you?"

<br></br>

HUH? what the fuck ??? The wife fucked one guy MARLON ANDERSON in chapter 1 and Then this GEORGE guy. Thats two DIFFERENT MEN!!!

<br></br>

Then when the husband says I cant trust her I dont know how many times she has cheated ... the therapist says its only 1 and Lets just IGNORE the evidence and your stupid male feeling.

<br></br>

Is it too much to ask the author to follow his own story?

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
Fucking Wimp!

Watta pathetic, wimp ass sorry excuse for a man. Deeply, DEEPLY disturbing. When will they ever learn a gorgeous slut makes a great fuck buddy, but you don't have to stay married to that. Bet if she weren't so gorgeous he might have dumped her. Ah well, if your gonna be #2 might as well develop a taste for cream pie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Oh Boy=!

This beauty has really gone over the line -Husband oughta put her outta misery !

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 16 years ago
Husband's character made my skin crawl...

Revisiting the story I was wondering why I have not commented in the first place. I believe I have figured it out. The husbands character, especially towards the end annoyed me so much, I needed to take a breakAs I was reading he have grown more and more irritating to me. Always perfect, reminiscent of perfect men characters from films from the 40's and the 50's. He would never even consider having sex with another woman despite her repeating cheating from which universe was this men brought? Is he a human or an idol to worship? When he was apologizing, I literally felt my skin crawling...<P>

Other than this major flaw I believe (as many have observed) that the separation year was another flop. The wife went into a survival mode. She is a very sick puppy but she is not stupid; keeping her eyes on the price. She needed to reestablish the equilibrium she was relying on throughout her dysfunctional marriage: namely a reliable stable as a rock partner who would continue to enable her dysfunctional and self destructed behaviors. A dildo would not do (she would soon find), unless it also came with the additional features of being able to talk to her; compliment her; take her to restaurants; look at her admiringly etc.. Now that would be a glorious scene ... <P>

It seems to me that her character has similar qualities to people with NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) and as others mentioned not only needs to be in an ongoing therapy (at least for maintenance) and most likely on some strong anti depressant (Just one example:the physical sign of aging are most likely to take a toll on her). Unfortunately the outcome of such therapy isn't very promising either <P>

A little tip. If in the future you draw more characters which seriously deviate from the normal range of behaviors, you can always look up according to the behaviors at the DSM and see what kind of disorder the character you created resembles most. Then see what types of therapies have the best outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
The danger of gorgeous women

Unless you have been involved with a traffic-stopping beauty -- or been one -- it is impossible to know how much attention they draw from men. Some is obvious and aggressive. Some is brilliant and almost imperceptibly subtle. Men who have never strayed lose their minds and morals. The pressure on the woman and her man is huge.

finger46finger46over 15 years ago
GREAT READING

NICE READING, KEEP UP THE STORIES. INSERT A LOT MORE SEX

grogers7grogers7over 15 years ago
Very scary story

Very good. Very scary. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Very strong man. Very weak woman with a perseverative compulsive psych disorder. Beware the future: her brain chemistry has not been repaired.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Just wondering

As the story goes, she's only cheated twice. How is the husband to know if that is true or not? Take her word for it? His gut instinct, or the guessings of others? What, she cheated, then was a good little girl for twenty years, then suddenly she cheats again, but of course there was no chance she cheated anywhere in between? That just doesn't SOUND right. It might be right and it might not, but it's a hell of a thing to take a chance on, and blows hell out of the saying "fool me once....." Regardless of good intentions and supposed regrets, a wise man would run like hell and start over; it's never too late to lose an unfaithful wife, and the odds for dating and find someone his age that is faithful are actually very good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Strong

Very good story. They both loved each other very much and I think he understood her very well. Cheating is never easy to handle but it never means you stop loving that person.

Well written and I think (considering the type of commentators authors get on this site) very brave.

Call me a sucker but I always liked happy endings

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
WOW

WOW what a woman she went nearly a year not fucking around on her husband.The story is stupid what different does it make what she looks like, very shallow thinking most of your stories are that way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
WOW

WOW what a woman she went nearly a year not fucking around on her husband.The story is stupid what different does it make what she looks like, very shallow thinking most of your stories are that way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
WOW

WOW what a woman she went nearly a year not fucking around on her husband.The story is stupid what different does it make what she looks like, very shallow thinking most of your stories are that way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
WOW

WOW what a woman she went nearly a year not fucking around on her husband.The story is stupid what different does it make what she looks like, very shallow thinking most of your stories are that way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
WOW

WOW what a woman she went nearly a year not fucking around on her husband.The story is stupid what different does it make what she looks like, very shallow thinking most of your stories are that way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
WOW

WOW what a woman she went nearly a year not fucking around on her husband.The story is stupid what different does it make what she looks like, very shallow thinking most of your stories are that way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
WOW

WOW what a woman she went nearly a year not fucking around on her husband.The story is stupid what different does it make what she looks like, very shallow thinking most of your stories are that way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
WOW

WOW what a woman she went nearly a year not fucking around on her husband.The story is stupid what different does it make what she looks like, very shallow thinking most of your stories are that way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Pure bull shit

What trite crap. A wife that just cannot help herself but cheat on her husband and child for NO good reason. A totally spineless husband. Reverse the situation and imagine how well that would play out. I won't waste any more of my time on your stories.

DrallDrallalmost 15 years ago
A fine read!

It was just as good to read this again as it was several years ago. Thank you for a satisfying story with an uplifting outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Wow

He will NOT learn from experience HUH

dreamcatcher101dreamcatcher101almost 15 years ago
Captivating story

After reading all three chapters I still find it hard to believe that He did keep Her...but then He knew at the outset what He was getting into..I find that most "Trophy Wives" are just that out for themself...She might have been realy in love with Brad but Her actions showed that She was imature and selfish..I also thought that at the first time cheating He should have divorced Her and I thought the Therapist needed a Therapist herself by the kind of advise she gave Brad and missed the ball with Jennie,but then She was a Female..In life sometimes it makes sense to forgive and to work on the problems in a marriage if the offending party is realy remorseful, but usualy the hurt and pain keep comming up at every disagreement...I felt that the marriage was over at that point and the relationship just became a deep friendship because of the way they raised the Daughter and continued to live...Thats why the sadness when He found out the second time She cheated..sadly she realised what she had done again..as we read that it wasnt the sex that made Her do it..A deeply troubled human being..I have seen women that acted that way and they almost always have been molested growing up..That was never tutched on in the story..As i read through the story ive noticed too that Brad knowingly used her on several occasions to advance his own agenda ie the loan and later the golf socialclub .. It made him seem like He only loved Her for her being so beautiful and that He could flaunt Her to People He met..We still dont know much about the Daughter..As for the ending I think He became realistic about that He was not happy when She was not in his life and had to accept if She ever cheated again..Happy ending?? I think not..did She ever deal with her problem??No..Brad became so codependant on Jennie that He could not live without Her..Was he a Wimp?? No ..Was he weak?? Yes..Love makes us do strange things.. A great story again Ohio I wish we could see what happened to them ten years later..

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Once a Retard

Once a Retard always a Retard, let his whore wife cheat on him multiple times,WHAT GARBAGE

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
Unsurprisingly cliche

Weak story, with weak characters, went downhill quickly from the couple's first fight at college when Brad had to go away on an internship. Not your best work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
how many times?

she has shown the weakness and there has been the multiple affairs. when does it sink in what she is? and the number where she got away with it?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous