Ivanovs Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers

"It's the ruling body of vampires. It consists of the oldest of our kind. Baby, why? They want something. They are calling me to come before them again, aren't there?" she asked.

"Yes, but you will not. I have told them that and if they insist, they will be dealt with." He explained.

"Gernick, why have they demanded to see me?" she asked. If they somehow wanted to hurt Nina, or the pack because if her association with them, then she'd take them all down.

He didn't want to answer, but she deserved the truth, especially now that Garrick and Shari had been brought into the situation. "Nicky, I will tell you, but you must promise to let me deal with them." Nicolette glared at him. She could not agree to that.

"No, I will not agree to that. But I will defer to you if I need too." She looked him in the eye. "Now, please tell me the truth. No more secrets."

Gernick, sat on the bed next to his wife. He took her hands and looked deep into her eyes. "The council consists of six members. They are the oldest of all vampires. The oldest vampire is the leader of the entire vampire nation. He is over a millennia. He has ruled for centuries without opposition. He came into power over seven hundred years ago when he destroyed his predecessor. It was then that he decided I had to pay for my crimes. At first, I tried reasoning with him, and for the first two centuries of his rule I was ridiculed and humiliated almost constantly. Then one day, I decided that enough was enough and confronted hm.

Nicolette gasped as silent tears rolled down his cheeks. Gernick was a strong vampire, for him to cry this man had to have really harmed him in some way. Seeing him hurt, solidified her decision to face this unreasonable council. "I learned without a doubt that he hates me. I always knew he did, but what child wants to grow up thinking his father hated him." Nicolette gasped. Gernick's birth father sat on the council. Gernick kept talking. "He said I killed mother. If I had never been conceived, she'd be alive. He hated me for killing her and regretted the day I was born. He said he should have killed me on the spot. She laughed. Garrick's mother, stood beside him and laughed. Then she declared, "It's about time he told you the truth." I walked out that day and never looked back. Years passed and Garrick found me. At first I refused to have anything to do with him, but he would not leave. Father learned of our friendship and ordered him to disassociate with me; he refused. Of course, me being the hated son, I was blamed. When he and Shari mated, he introduced his wife to me first. She was perfect for him. Esmeralda planned a lavish gala, and of course I was not invited, but Garrick and Shari insisted I be there. I attended, but did not stay long. The night I left their gala I moved to Romania. I stayed there for centuries.

Then one day I saw you. You reminded me of everything I always wanted and never had. At first I would watch you, but one day you saw me. I knew I was too old, and being that I was an outcast, too dangerous for you to be around. But one day you saw me and smiled. I was smitten. At this point, father had demanded I come before the council to report on my whereabouts. He detested me, but he had to pretend he was concerned about my well-being. I should not have gone. It was then he learned of you. By the time I returned, your father had learned of me and forbade you to see me, but Nicolette, I could not live without you. So I sent you a command to come to me, and I asked you to join me in this life. When you refused, I wanted to die, but in all honesty I should have left it at that. The next night you came back and joined me and that put you on his radar." Nicolette gasped.

"Your love for me incited their hatred even more. That is why the council has always come after you. Esmeralda, who was not even a council member, demanded that each person be marked by their sire. Father, no Gregor, he is not my father, learned you refused to conform. Esmeralda was offended and he declared you a threat. When I learned of his decree, I stormed the council. I threatened to kill each member if they even looked at you. Years ago, when Jorge approached you and you spurned him that was all he needed to declare you dangerous. He ordered that you be killed. That was the only time that I begged him. Garrick joined me and they let me decide your punishment.

He learned of Jonathan's birth, and now he claims that I have shamed the nation once again by taking you to the compound when you and the baby were in danger. He has demanded that you and the baby come before the council. I will not allow it. It's different this time, because it seems more personal. Out of all the centuries, they've never attacked their own children. But this news on Shari and her baby, Nicky, this is Esmeralda. She is behind this. If she would hurt her own son, then...." He pulled her in his arms. "I will not let them near my family. The council will be destroyed, starting with father and his bitch of a wife."

Nicolette was stunned speechless. Her heart broke for her husband. "Gernick, Claus is your father. He always has been. That other man, well, he is no one. Council or not, he is nothing. Your family is here, with you. Never doubt our love for you Gernick. You do not stand alone." Nicolette hugged her husband. Gernick was so quiet, so still.

"Nicky! Thank you for being here, believing me." He looked away, embarrassed. Nicolette caressed his cheek. "Gernick, you are my husband, my life's mate. Despite all that has happened, I do care about you." She whispered, as she moved into his embrace. Gernick held his wife, wishing she loved him. If she could love him a fraction of the amount of the way he loved her, then it would make everything worthwhile."

Nicolette hugged her husband, heart brimming with love for this man, but too afraid to tell him. She didn't want to appear weak, and women in love often came across as weak to her. Well, maybe not quite weak, but submissive. She submitted to no man, not even the sexy, irritating, and fearless man to whom she was married. Besides, she had to keep her promise. She promised Nina, no one would hurt her again and it seemed this wicked council was now in her mind a threat. She'd join Gernick and Garrick; together, the threat to their family would be destroyed.

*****

Shari had just dozed when she felt a sharp pain. She started to call a nurse, but it would be pointless. The poison would win. This child would not survive. As she cramped and tears rolled down her smooth cheeks, she heard her daughter cry out, "Mommy, please. I don't want to die." That small vice spurred her into action and she buzzed the nurse. Within minutes her room was full of wolves that did everything they could to save her child. Eventually the pain stopped, and the doctor found her baby's heartbeat. Shari could not speak, just cry silently. Kim smiled at her and nodded. She knew. A mother's love knew no bounds, and she'd do everything she could to help bring this little girl here safely.

"Shari, I'm placing you on a Nefedarine, a medicine that can help stop your contractions. You are at six weeks, we need baby to stay put for at least thirty more weeks alright. So this medicine alone with the protein regimen should help. Listen, you are doing fine, please don't give up. Remember, I'm here to help as is everyone else on this staff, alright." Kim explained.

She had a keen sense when it came to people, wolves alike. She could sense loneliness, and this girl had been alone for too long. It was obvious her mate loved her, but she needed more. Yesterday when Nina and Nicky sat with her, that was the first time, she'd relaxed. Nina would be home in a few days, maybe Nicky could visit and they could spend time with her then. But for now, to keep her youngest patient alive, she'd be whatever her mother needed her to be.

Kim went to her office and transcribed her notes. When this baby was born Garrick Ivanov had better treat his wife and child as if they were his most valued treasured beings, or Kim would get Gustavo to kick his ass.

*****

Cantar found his apartment. She stood across the street watching him for a moment, wondering. Had he met someone? Had he married? Would her appearing on his doorstep cause problems for him? Would he even remember her? Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, Cantar walked to this door and knocked.

Thomas Macavi wondered who was at his door so late. He called, "Who is it?" Not that he was afraid, because he could take care of himself. He was just curious. He was stunned at the answer, and as if he was a robot on remote, he slowly opened the door, and before him stood the one woman that made him forget his own name. Too bad, she was an evil conniving, selfish, mean spirited, little witch.

"Hello Thomas." Cantar smiled as she greeted her long lost nemesis. "I have a situation and I need your help." She stated as she walked into his home and closed the door behind herself.

So ends chapter 2. I really appreciate you for reading this story. I hope you truly enjoyed it. I am currently working on chapter three. So, I will post it as soon as it is done. As I explained earlier, the editor went through the story and after he sent it back I did a final read through and tweaked the story a bit. Thank you for reading and please share your thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers