All Comments on 'Pastor Sarah Ch. 17'

by mix and match

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
NutsterNutsterover 3 years ago

I am enjoying the story so far, but when you get the names mixed up, I have to really think about who you really meant. Mind you, this has been happening less often in later chapters.

As a Special Agent of the FBI, Angie would:

* be actively discouraged from performing private investigations during her free time. Although not against the rules, it could lead to conflicts of interest.

* not be able to use the resources of the FBI during private investigations.

* not be able to accept gifts such as an Atlantic City condo, again to avoid conflicts of interest.

Samantha is a private citizen, a lawyer in private practice, so she could accept the gift of the condo, but she would still be responsible for real estate transfer fees and New Jersey sales tax, but I do not know the New Jersey tax code, so I do not know how the sales tax would be assessed in the situation of a gift of real estate in that jurisdiction.

There is very little to prevent Angie from visiting the condo owned by her friend the lawyer, but she could not be part owner unless she paid Samantha a fair value for part ownership.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous