The Cowboy Way Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Their eyes met immediately, the old connection the two had felt for each other rekindled and alive as it ever was. Brooked swam over to Ryley and he took her in his arms. Their lips met the way they used to and they kissed with a tenderness that shocked both of them.

Brooke pulled back, still in Ryley's arms and looked into his eyes. He lowered his, a sadness filling them that Brooke understood immediately. She realized then that he had indeed changed and this made her sad as well. The thoughts of what might have been filled her head as she leaned forwards and kissed him on the forehead.

Ryley looked back up at Brooke, and despite the water that covered them both he saw a tear falling from Brooke's eye. He kissed her again, their tongues touching each other's in a final embrace. Then Brooke pulled back and they studied each other.

"I'm sorry, Ryley," she whispered. " For everything."

The hint of a smile pulled at Ryley's mouth as he reached up and caressed her cheek, Brooke pressing her face to his hand and closing her eyes. Her mouth opened slightly and she kissed his hand.

"You never owed me an apology, Brooke," Ryley replied. " Us failing was my fault."

She shook her head. " No, I mean you have changed, and that makes me love you all over again."

Ryley shook his head. " Don't, Brooke. For your children."

Brooke looked up at him, remembering her two little ones at home for the first time since they had gotten off their horses earlier. She leaned forwards and kissed Ryley, right next to his mouth. It was a parting kiss that Ryley didn't fail to see the meaning in. He hugged her tightly as they tread water in the middle of the river, pulling her body against his as they both sighed. Then Brooke slid gently from his arms.

"Thank you, Ryley," she said, touching his cheek lightly. " For not being selfish."

He smiled, the emotions inside him so strong that he was afraid speaking would betray them. It wouldn't be fair to her, because he knew if he pressed her she would leave her husband for him. But that wasn't the right thing for Ryley to do. He had come barging back into her life, and to take everything she had from her by taking her back would be a sin, the likes of which he would never be able to move past.

Brooke swam slowly away from him towards shore. She climbed from the water, which shimmered off her body in heavenly layers. Ryley looked away from her incredible body as she pulled a towel from the saddlebag on her horse and dried off lightly. She dressed and climbed back into the saddle, after giving Cheyenne a hug.

Turning her horse, she looked back at Ryley as he watched her. She smiled and blew him a kiss.

"Goodbye, Ryley," she called. " Good luck with everything."

Ryley nodded, feeling a tear fall from his eye, which bothered him immensely.

"Goodbye, Brooke," he said, his voice choked with emotion.

He watched her ride down the riverbank towards the trail. Just as she reached it he saw her turn back in the saddle and look at him. Even from there Ryley could tell she was crying. Then she was gone from sight. If her eyes hadn't been so clouded with tears she would have seen that Ryley was also crying.

"What might have been," Ryley mused to himself as he swam towards shore.

Next chapter Ryley gets another job that puts him behind the wheel and back into the celebrity spotlight.