The Novelist Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Nicequip
Nicequip
2,652 Followers

John stepped out of the shower. He was still unsteady and used the walls and towel racks for balance as he plodded forward. He placed his hands on the sink and looked up at himself in the bathroom mirror.

"Son of a..." He brought his hand up to his eye seeing the dark purple bruise and feeling the tender swollen skin.

He glanced down noticing the full glass of water. Then he saw the Tylenol and the Alka-Seltzer. He wondered who had set it out for him. He ripped the small package dropping the tablets into the water. He waited a moment as the familiar fizz bubbled in the glass. He popped the Tylenol in his mouth and then washed them down.

Finally, he picked up the note. He pulled out the insert and began to read.

"Dad -- I could have called the cops on you, but I didn't want you to spend a night in the drunk tank. I want you to go home. I want you to leave us alone. It's over. Don't make this worse than it has to be. I can still make this harder on you."

John blinked and read it again. He couldn't remember seeing his son again yesterday. It must have been how he got the shiner on his eye. He strained to remember. Then he felt the lump in the envelope and dumped it out on the counter. It was a small thumb drive.

He stumbled into the living room and plugged it in his laptop. He clicked on the drive and watched a series of files open. Pictures. Pictures of him half naked and covered with vomit in Tom's foyer. The last one was different. He opened it and saw a screenshot of an e-mail with the photos attached. The addresses were all the senior management at his company. The body of the e-mail read: Don't make me send this. Go home.

John pounded his fist down on the desk. The nerve of this little shit, he thought. He couldn't believe that his son continued to do this to him. He started to think about the entire evening on Monday. He was furious with himself for not handling it better. He stood up and grabbed everything on the desk swiping it off in a rage. His laptop crashed and broke on the floor. He grabbed a small bottle of liquor from the minibar. He'd show him who ran this family.

******

To be continued...

Please take a moment to comment and vote. It doesn't matter if you loved it or hated it. Nothing is more important to me than feedback. It's invaluable.

Thank you for taking the time to read. I appreciate it.

Nicequip
Nicequip
2,652 Followers
1...345678