All Comments on 'A Beautiful Silence'

by MenaAbbott

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Comentarista82Comentarista823 months ago

This is a remarkably endearing little account! Yes, touch can be that powerful, because if you know where to tap on your wrist, you can slow down your heart rate and release endorphins to calm yourself as one example. So a lot can be said by touch where words don't achieve the same purpose. Now, I don't know how many 19-year-olds would ever notice this level of detail to be fair to reality and such ... but for the sake of this story I'll suspend a little belief on that one part. I awarded this story a 5, because so few authors include something so incredibly simple--yet so incredibly powerful--it really does touch the heart. Well done, and you've earned a like and a follower.

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood3 months ago

Wonderful writing. A complete story yet leaves me wanting to know more about them. May you add many more stories to this site.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Just exactly perfect. A polished gem.

muskyboymuskyboy3 months ago

Very nice but you need to finish this story. It's too incomplete to score well.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not exactly a romance but definitely a fine story indeed. 5 stars.

MsVanilla69MsVanilla693 months ago

Was very nicely done was a good fun read

Comentarista82Comentarista823 months ago

Mena:

***

I realize I don't speak for the majority, but I still have to confess that I am supremely shocked that your wonderful story based on body language, anxiety, and the supreme power and therapy of touch on another person flew so low under the radar. I know that it's impossible to control readers and what they consume-- and while one hopes that a well-written story will garner sufficient amounts of the right kind of readers - - it sadly doesn't always happen, and I'll be really blunt: your story got seriously hosed on the attention it should have enjoyed. I sincerely hope that you still appreciate the fact that you had a few insightful comments, and that you will continue to write more stories despite the readership at large's short-sightedness on overlooking this. I personally enjoyed it, and I'm going to tell you that structurally it was a home run. In fact, it is the only story I remember ever commenting on that so nailed both the power of body language and the power of touch, and really demanded the reader noticing things.

****

I will mention one other very odd thing: for some reason, the five I legitimately rated you disappeared from the time I left the review and when I just happened to check today, because I visited a different story and found my five was blanked too. I know authors don't have the power to remove a vote --and neither would any author in one's right mind ever consider removing a five that was legitimately awarded- - so I'm just confused at how it happened. I hope it's not a systemic problem with the scoring, because this is the first contest I voted in that I ever remember where I've seen any legitimate rating somehow disappear. While I realize it would not have helped you win, because not enough readers came by to consume your content, it's still bothers me that somehow your story would have a 5 moved from it and not receive the benefit of a legitimate vote.

***

Please continue writing, and whatever you may have planned for your future outputs fascinates me to possibly consume later on. I look forward to it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not a Valentines Day story.

LitCritLitCrit3 months ago

Probably the best description of the way the world affects someone on the Autism Spectrum that I've ever read. 4 stars only because it was too short.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Wow.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMenaAbbott@MenaAbbott
I'm going to focus on various shades of romance and heavily emotional pieces. These might include darker works. Love Languages: A series of 750 word vignettes: Kindred Spirits: Acts of Service. (Non-Erotic) This is a vignette on how a simple act of kindness from one person ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES